10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Mato Galicia – Top Hotel Reviews
Mato Galicia is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Mato Galicia. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Mato Galicia. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Mato Galicia. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Mato Galicia right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Mato Galicia with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Mato Galicia:
Alberque A Bolboreta
A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. Rooms include a private bathroom fitted with a shower.There is a shared lounge at the property.Santiago de Compostela is 30 mi from A Bolboreta, while Lugo is 22 mi away. Santiago de Compostela Airport is 24 mi from the property.
- A warm welcome, lovely home-cooked food and a beautiful place.
- the mom and daughter running the place could not do enough for us. My wife was ill and they rallied around to help and make us as comfy as possible. they also accommodated our vegetarian lifestyle wit open arms- a WONDERFUL stay
- Quiet country setting. Friendly & good, generous portions of food.
- The food served was excellent and the hosts were very hospitable. It is very far out but by then we were exhausted so it suited thst we ate on site and the value as well as the food was excellent. It’s basic enough but very much part of the Camino experience- we had three rooms all ensuite
Really nice staff at this Casa Rural. Food in restaurant tasty and well prepared, generous portions. It’s like staying with friends. We asked for a ride to O Coto and we were driven there
Really nice relaxing experience on the Camino
Los dos alemanes
This guest house offers heated rooms with a private seating area. All rooms have a private bathroom with a bath or shower and free toiletries.The restaurant offers regional Spanish cuisine for lunch and dinner. There is also a bar on site. The guest house features a private car park and children’s playground.Grocery shops, restaurants and cafés can be reached in Melide, a 5-minute drive from Los Dos Alemanes. Santiago de Compostela is 34 mi from the property and Lugo is 35 minutes away by car.
- Big room and bathroom, establishment conveniently located on the Camino Santiago. Availability of menu for lunch and dinner.
- The owner’s mother was very attentive. She took great care of us…dinner was excellent
- The woman checking me in was very nice and helpful. She offered to help me when I was not feeling well. She was a sweet woman! I also liked that the room was very big.
- The hostess went above the norm to make us feel welcome. The dinner was home made from the vegetables that were grown from her garden.
- Nothing – the room was ok but it was an odd experience.
Offering mountain views, the heated rooms at Ponterroxan have heating and a private bathroom. Hairdryers can be requested at reception.The traditional restaurant offers Galician cuisine. There is also a bar and a terrace.Lugo is just 35 minutes’ drive from the Ponterroxan. Santiago de Compostela is less than an hour’s drive away. The property is set on the Santiago de Compostela Pilgrimage path.
It was 600m outside town and on Camino road. Owners drove us to town to eat that night. Rooms spotless and
we had breakfast next morning
- Friendly family run. They kindly helped us to recover our luggage from another location. Hotel is ringt on the Camino and it was a good budget location. For the ‘lone’ traveller it might be a bit too quiet. We did not see any other residents while there although we did observe others’ luggage.
- On site laundry and they did it for you for a nominal fee. The dinner and Breakfast service was very good- food was good
- The staff were amazing.. can’t remember the girls name but she even lent us her own shampoo and conditioner instead of the standard in rooms.. they also dropped us to the town free of charge.. nice clean, private room.. couldn’t fault it for pitstop on camino
- Friendly staff. Beautiful, cosy room. Heating wonderful!!
- It was 600m outside town and on Camino road. Owners drove us to town to eat that night. Rooms spotless and
Pensión Residencia Barcelona
At Pensión Residencia Barcelona, all rooms have a desk and a flat-screen TV. The rooms feature a closet.Lugo is 19 miles from Pensión Residencia Barcelona, while Sarria is 24 miles away. Santiago de Compostela Airport is 27 miles from the property.
- Clean room, friendly and helpful staff. Upon arrival we got a fruit basket with bananas, apples and granola bars.
- The rooms were lovely and spacious with very comfortable beds. The blackout blinds were also a great feature for getting a good night’s sleep! The hostess was also perfectly pleasant and the communal areas were bright and clean!
- Fruit & cereal bar on arrival was a nice touch. Large room & modern bathroom
- great welcome with bowl of fruit.Great location.Nice big room Friendly owner.
- The place was exceptionally clean and staff was the best on the whole Camino. Highly recommend
A buffet breakfast is available every morning at the property.Lugo is 18 miles from the guesthouse, while Sarria is 24 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 28 miles from Arenas Palas.
- We had a great stay. It was very comfortable, clean and convienent. The staff were lovely and the pizzas were delicious.
- Good breakfast included. Lovely bath and good location
- Very comfortable beds, good location, nice breakfast. Good Camino stop.
- Free breakfast. 2 outlets on each side of full size bed to charge electronics. TV good size (19 inch) with ability to play English programs in their original language, English.
- A nice place in town very close to the camino Santiago. We were on on a Sunday night so it was very quiet. We dis miss mass because it was not clear what time the service was. They seem to be at 7pm or 8pm depending on the city and there is no consistent source.
Pension Restaurante Casa Camiño
The heated rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV, free WiFi and a terrace. The private bathrooms include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property and a free parking for bikes.Lugo is 25 mi from Pension Restaurante Casa Camiño. The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 37 mi from Pension Restaurante Casa Camiño.
- well located when walking the camino. Nice, clean and quiet. restaurant has good food.
- The staff was just wonderful, especially the bartender…the older one! He was just super, as was the gal at the desk. They were so so helpful! The location was great and the attached cafe was terrific and had delicious food.
- The room is decent size. Loads of space if staying for some time, but I was only one night.
- Amazing location on the Camino and great shower 👍🏼😊
- the location of property and attention and kindness of staff
The rooms in Pensión Plaza are equipped with a TV. Guest rooms feature a closet.Lugo is 18 miles from Pensión Plaza, while Sarria is 24 miles away. Santiago de Compostela Airport is 28 miles from the property.
- it was ok, good value for the money, good location
Great Hostel. Modern, clean and had the best nights sleep there my whole trip!
The two ladies running the place are lovely, super friendly!
- very comfortable and clean hotel. Beautiful views of the lake.
- I stayed in the new building on 100m from the listed address, it was good value for money
- My husband and I stayed in the building around the corner in a room with private bathroom. While the room was basic, it had all we needed for one night i.e. Very clean, good shower & towels and well-located for the Camino with bars/restaurants closeby so we didn’t need to stroll far in the evening. Wifi was good and the host that met us was very friendly. This was our cheapest accommodation on our Camino and to be honest, I was a bit nervous checking in … no need – it was simple but very suitable at a great price.
Pensión Restaurante Casa Camiño II
You will find a shared lounge and a free parking for bikes at the property.The nearest airport is Santiago de Compostela Airport, 27 mi from the property.
- Directly on the Camino with a bar/restaurant. The staff downstairs was very nice and the food good.
- Badly designed bathroom meant it was difficult to actually get in. And the shower/bath was also very awkward to get in and out of. And no lift for s room three floors up.
- Very helpful staff that pointed me the way to local shop and pharmacy when I was in need. The private bathroom has a little bathtub that’s perfect for a self-given foot massage.
- Good location on the Camino. We enjoyed eating in the restaurant.
- Very centrally located in the town. Lovely place. Great for drinks, food & great atmosphere. Delighted with it.
Each room includes a hairdryer, a wardrobe and free toiletries.Guests can use a shared kitchen with microwaves. Laundry service is available for a fee. Guests have access to a garage to store their bicycles.Lugo is 22 mi away from the property, while Santiago de Compostela is 43 mi away.
Location was excellent- right on the Camino and first hostel in the town so, easy to find and great for when you’re tired from the long walk previous.
Room was clean and check in efficient.
- Very friendly owner who made sure everything was perfectly clean.
- The staff was welcoming and friendly and offered laundry service immediately at 8 euros all done. The room was clean and bathroom well equipped.
- Our Hostes: 100% committed and hospitable. She guided us on the layout of the town. We had no Spanish. She helped with phone calls and with settling in to a luxurious O Castelo and to Palas de Rei
- A nice change from the Camino hostels. Stayed in a twin room with en suite. Great value for money.
- Location was excellent- right on the Camino and first hostel in the town so, easy to find and great for when you’re tired from the long walk previous.
At the guesthouse, rooms come with a desk and a flat-screen TV. Featuring a private bathroom, rooms at O Cruceiro also feature free WiFi. Guest rooms feature a closet.A continental breakfast is served each morning at the property.Lugo is 18 miles from the accommodation, while Sarria is 24 miles away. Santiago de Compostela Airport is 28 miles from the property.
- My husband and I stayed here while walking the Camino. Very cute little pensión right on the Camino. The owner also runs the bar next door of the same name. She was so lovely and kind. They loaded us with tapas when we went for a couple of drinks. Since we were leaving before breakfast, she prepared us a bag with two bananas and two bocadillos for the road.
a warm welcome and checking in
Breakfast was good and we were offered as much coffee as we wanted
- Right on Camino. Owner extremely friendly and helpful. Building does not look fancy from outside but room very nice, clean and met our needs
- I was in one of only two purpose built new rooms to the rear of the bar, a short walk. Comfy bed, desk, large bathroom with shower, electric heater, big wardrobe. Great breakfast in the morning all included. Highly recommended.
- Superb en suite bedroom built in the garden with one adjoining room. Lovely
Top Guest Houses In Mato Galicia Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Mato Galicia to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Mato Galicia but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Mato Galicia. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!