10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Maliaño Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Maliaño Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Maliaño Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Maliaño Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Maliaño Cantabria. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Maliaño Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Maliaño Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Maliaño Cantabria:
All of the functional rooms at the Liebana are equipped with heating. They also come with a TV and a telephone.The guest house has a café where breakfast is served every day. There is a variety of restaurants further along the bay, 15 minutes’ walk away.Staff at the Liebana’s 24-hour reception can provide information about what to see and do in Santander and the surrounding area.Liebana Hostal is a 10-minute walk from Santander Cathedral and the Museum of Fine Arts. Paseo de la Pereda, Santander’s seafront promenade, is 0.6 mi away.
- This is a great place for a short stay in Santander. Very near the ferry, and the train and bus stations. It is not noisy in the evening and there is a good bar next door for breakfast
- Only 2 things. The location being across the road from the ferry terminal and the shower was pretty powerful
- You get what you pay for- this was budget accommodation no frills but did everything we needed it to! Shower was powerful and hot even with 4 girls showering in a row. Only downside was the doors on the rooms were not very secure so when we left took any valuables or documentation with us just in case! We used the in street parking but be aware certain times you have to move after 2 hours but from 2pm Saturday till 10am Monday it is free
Good location close to the ferry port, railway station and bus station.
Plenty of shops, bars and restaurants within easy walking distance.
OK for an overnight stay in Santander.
- The best thing about my stay was the strength of the shower head. Location was pretty good in my opinion.
Posada El Jardin de Angela
The bright, individually decorated rooms at Posada El Jardin de Angela feature a balcony or views of the sea or mountains. All rooms have free Wi-Fi, heating and a TV.Breakfast is served in a charming dining area with a fireplace.The city’s old town, seafront promenade and beach are within 15 minutes’ drive of the property. Dunas de Liencres Nature Reserve and the nearest golf club are less than 6.2 mi away.
Clean and comfortable
Like the location
Room was spacious and as we were the only people staying there space was not a problem!
The garden was nice.
There was lots of room to play my violin without annoying anyone
- The first room we were put in was stinking of sewer, We called the manager who sprayed the bathroom with industrial spray which stank worst than the sewer. No apology offered. He was very grumpy and seemed to blame me for the smell. He then showed us to the next room but demanded another 10 euro for it. Shameless. There has not been any health and safety checks done at the hotel as there were bare electricial wires behind the Tv as i tried to plug in the fridge which didnt work.
- Very poor service from the owner, terrible location with dogs barking all night, no hot water but was resolved in the end, breakfast not offered, very tatty outside, bed was shockingly uncomfortable, shower flooded the whole room
- El edificio en sí es bonito, si se molestasen en hacer un mantenimiento decente el lugar ganaría mucho.
- Like it
Hostal Del Carmen
Hostal del Carmen offers single, double and triple rooms. All of them include a TV and a private bathroom.Guests will find a wide range of bars and restaurants nearby.Santander Train Station is 0.6 mi away and the harbor is 15 minutes’ walk from the guest house. Sardinero beach is 3.1 mi away while Cabárceno Nature Reserve is 20 minutes’ drive from Hostal del Carmen.
- Spotless room, very nice woman working at the reception desk
- Good location. Not too far from the ferry port. Pay parking available close by €15 overnight. Plenty of bars restaurants and shops within walking distance.
- Super clean throughout, very comfortable beds, lovely closed balcony, very pleasant and informative reception staff, spacious room.
- Easy to get to from the ferry with good pay parking next door. Good value for money and a lovely woman running the hotel. No problem with my dog. Quiet room.
- Nice and helpful hostess. Many restaurants nearby. A lot of locals and no tourists. We like that.
Plaza Pombo B&B
The bright, spacious rooms feature wooden floors and have a desk, TV and wardrobe, as well as a shoe rack and armchair. Some have a private bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries, while others share bathroom facilities. Some rooms offer views of the square, and some have a balcony or covered gallery.A varied free breakfast is served in the B&B’s exhibition hall. A safe is available for guest use and luggage storage is offered. Public parking is available nearby for an extra charge.
We stopped here in 2016 for 1 night when we arrived on the ferry and it was our first choice when we returned in 2018., This time it was for 2 nights before we caught the ferry home.
The staff are really helpful and friendly.
The breakfast is plentiful and varied.
The location is excellent both for the ferry (walking distance) and for seeing Santander. Plaza Pombo itself is a very popular square that has some lovely bars, cafes and restaurants on and around it.
Had more time to explore Santander this time and really loved it.
- Excellent location and great value for money. Basic accommodation but full of old fashioned character and really clean.
- In the middle of town, only 15 minutes to the train station.
- very good location, they offer tea and cookie in the room which is a nice gesture
- Very Good location, friendly staff. Nice place to stay.
- We stopped here in 2016 for 1 night when we arrived on the ferry and it was our first choice when we returned in 2018., This time it was for 2 nights before we caught the ferry home.
Its heated rooms have free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV. Each one comes with a private bathroom with a hairdryer.The surrounding area features a range of shops and restaurants. Santander’s Town Hall and Menendez Pelayo Library are also nearby.
- This hospedaje was a delight. Good value for money, very clean and friendly staff. Unusual in that the rooms are based in an apartment block, with a separate entrance to these rooms from the corridor – the hospedaje’s reception on the first floor. Basic rooms, but adequate space and a good shower, but with a good feel to the place. We stayed here the night before we took the ferry from Santander. It is well located for shops and easy to walk back into the main part of Santander. Plenty of bars and restaurants in the immediate location. I would certainly use this again for our overnight stay for the port.
- My son locked himself in the bathroom! A member of staff came up in her pyjamas to help. I was given a parking fine when I had bought tickets. A member of staff sorted it out and got the fine cancelled. I really appreciated that.
- Simple room without frills, but spotlessly clean, with comfortable beds, big windows and a good shower. Thumbs up!
- Basic, clean and comfortable room, would recommend for a short stay.
- Very clean and convenient location and staff speak some English which is a bonus in this area. Car parking can be arranged in safe garages.
Hostal Rocamar is within a 5-minute walk of the Convention Center and Sports Center.All accommodations at the Rocamar Hostal includes a fan, heating and a safe. The modern bathrooms come with a hairdryer and amenities. Apartments also have a kitchenette and a living area.Located in the same building, the snack bar offers breakfast, tapas, meals, snacks and drinks throughout the day. There are also many characteristic restaurants and tapas bars within a 10-minute walk.Staff at the Rocamar can provide information about the surrounding area. Racing Santander’s Sardinero Football Stadium is just 1,300 feet away, while the historic city center is within a 15-minute walk.
- Comfortable set up, staff very friendly and helpful with a lot of information on surrounding areas and things to do . Nice position 500 m away from Sardinero beach and well connected by bus to city center. Excellent restaurant (Morro Fino) just downstairs
- Very helpful reception staff. Very clean, comfortable facility within minutes of El Sardinero beach.
- Good location for the coast and lovely beaches. Short walk to centre of town. Towels and linen changed daily.
- Location it’s very nice and every day clean towels and clean room and bathroom.
Friendly ENGLISH SPEAKING staff!!!
Location 10 min walk from beach.
Room with kitchen.
At the guesthouse, all rooms come with a closet and a flat-screen TV. Each room comes with a private bathroom and a shower, while selected rooms also feature a balcony.An American breakfast is available daily at the property.Staff at Hostal Mimosa are always available to provide advice at the reception.El Sardinero Beach is 2.6 miles from the accommodation, while El Sardinero Casino is 2.7 miles away. Santander Airport is 2.5 miles from the property.
This hostel is terribly loud. Stayed there for 4 nights.
– No isolation- room door, Floor, reception, hallway. If there are quiet guets you are lucky……
When i was there, there were only spanish guests.
– Not one international TV Programm, mostly spanish advertising programm
– craftsmen working at daytime
– counted poor breakfast – 2 rolls, coffee
If you come clearly with this ….O.K. otherwise choose some other hostel
- Sufficient value for money – suit anyone looking for cheap accommodation in the city. We arrived late and had neglected to inform, so they had to do a last minute shuffle to find us a room – and this was appreciated.
- The room and bathroom were clean and good for the price we paid.
- I arrived late in the evening but they were very friendly and helpful.
- Conveniently located, bus stop to all major bus routes and train station within 3-5 minutes walking distance. We didn’t have a car, but it was no problem to get anywhere within the city by public transport. Most of the staff was friendly and helpful in pointing out interesting locations or other useful information.
- This hostel is terribly loud. Stayed there for 4 nights.
Hostal Cabo Mayor
Each modern room here has city views and comes with a flat-screen TV, a fridge and tea/coffee facilities. There is also a desk, a safe and a private bathroom with bath or shower, hairdryer and free toiletries. Bed linen and towels are provided.Tourist information and luggage storage can be requested at the reception. Other services like laundry, bikes rental and airport transportation are also on offer.The guest house is 5 minutes’ walk away from The Cathedral and the historic center. Bilbao Airport is 67 mi away.
- This is not really a hostal more upmarket. The location is perfect, right beside bus station, within walking distance of all the local attractions and a great array of restaurants. Room exceptional clean.
good location if you are only stopping over in Santander for a short period. next to the train and bus station.
the place looks clean and you have most necessary amenities at your disposal.
the staff was very welcoming.
- very basic place. Ok as an overnight stay but not a room you would want to spend any more time in than just to sleep.
- Great value for money. Good location both for going into town as well as continuing on the Camino de Santiago. Warm welcome by the staff. Comfortable bed in a nicely decorated room.
Muy conveniente para trenes, bus y ferry. Bares enfrente para comer o desayunar.
Really close for trains, bus and ferry. Bars opposite for food.
Hosteria Los Sauces
Hosteria Los Sauces is surrounded by beautiful gardens. All rooms have views of the gardens.Rooms also include satellite TV and a bathroom with amenities and a hairdryer.Hosteria Los Sauces also has a playground. Packed lunches are available.There is a horse-riding center 1,000 feet away. Liencres Beach is nearby and is ideal for surfers. The Abra del Pas Golf Course is also close.The Cabárceno Natural Park has a large range of animals, including elephant and lions.
- We had just come off the ferry at Santander and wanted somewhere to stay the night. There were no tea/coffee making facilities and the place was in the middle of nowhere. It was getting dark we were tired and our room was cold and not clean. ( pubes in the bath) The little lady at breakfast was sweet and had made an effort to produce a ham & cheese breakfast
- Beautiful area in the country with unbelievable scenery. Great for walking and safe with nice sidewalks. Very nice buffet breakfast and pleasant staff.
Nos trataron muy bien desde el minuto 1, intentando en todo momento conseguir que tuviesemos una estancia muy agradable.
El desayuno increible
- Excelente situacion en plena naturaleza. Muy cerca de la autovia con la tranquilidad de estar en el campo. Trato muy familiar y pendiente de los clientes.
- Trato muy amable de los dueños, camas cómodas, alojamiento muy limpio. Vistas muy agradables desde las ventanas al jardín y al paisaje cántabro.
Rooms at this peaceful rural guest house feature minimalist functional décor and traditional furniture. Each includes garden views, central heating and a private bathroom.The property offers tourist information and is within 1.9 mi of 5 beaches. San Juan de la Canal Beach is 1.6 mi away. Hiking and cycling are popular nearby and the Abra del Pas Golf Course is 5.6 mi away.The Santamaria has free parking and is 16 mi from Santillana del Mar.
- Parking , lovely gardens and short walk to local pub. Also a fridge in room.
- Location, parking,price, and very quite for relaxing and one night over
A very peaceful and quiet area
Had a great nights sleep
- everything was perfect, internet worked wonderfully, providing you have navigation to get there…
- Excellent location just 20 minutes from ferry. Good check in and helpful staff. Comfortable bed and good facilities.
Top Guest Houses In Maliaño Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Maliaño Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Maliaño Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Maliaño Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!