10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In La Portela de Valcarce Castile and Leon – Top Hotel Reviews
La Portela de Valcarce Castile and Leon is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in La Portela de Valcarce Castile and Leon. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in La Portela de Valcarce Castile and Leon. You’re probably wondering where to stay in La Portela de Valcarce Castile and Leon. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in La Portela de Valcarce Castile and Leon right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in La Portela de Valcarce Castile and Leon with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In La Portela De Valcarce Castile And Leon:
Hostal El Peregrino
Hostal El Peregrino is set in La Portela de Valcarce, on the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Route and 650 feet from the A6 Motorway. It features a restaurant and free Wi-Fi.El Peregrino offers rooms and dorms with heating and either a private or shared bathroom.The restaurant serves traditional local cuisine. Vegetarian and special dietary menus are available upon request.Villafranca del Bierzo is 7.5 miles away and Cacabelos is 20 minutes’ drive from the Peregrino. Ponferrada can be reached in 30 minutes by car.
- Very comfortable and clean. Staff very friendly and helpful (and spoke English!) Great location on the Camino.
The feeling of being welcomed. There’s a saying that going to church won’t make you a good person anymore than walking into a garage makes you car. Likewise, running a hotel doesn’t make you service oriented. But the way I was treated here, from the welcome to getting clothes washed to dinner– Sonia and others demonstrated what hospitality is about. When you’re walking miles a day, tired every time you arrive somewhere, this is a big deal.
I had a nice view from my room, the sound of a river bubbling up through my window. The homemade dinner I enjoyed was one of the best I’ve had over the past month. Even focused as I am on reaching Santiago, it was a struggle leaving in the morning. Just a great experience.
- The welcome and service we received was second to none.
Accueil très sympathique.
Très bonne cuisine. Chambres très propres.
- Una localización estupenda, justo al lado del río Valcarce, zona muy tranquila, donde se siente mucha paz y tranquilidad. Mas tranquila que Vega de Valcarce, y justo al lado. Gestión familiar, comidas caseras que sorprenden: ternera gallega, sopa gallega, trucha con jamón….todo riquísimo y a buen precio. Inmejorable lugar para descansar en el camino, muy recomendable, estuvimos muy a gusto, mi valoración es de 10.
Located in Ambasmestas, 19 miles from Ponferrada, Hostal Camynos features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi throughout the property.Every room comes with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room includes a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a shared lounge and gift shop at the property.Manzaneda is 29 miles from Hostal Camynos, and Villafranca del Bierzo is 7 miles from the property.
- Everything was perfect. Quiet peaceful room with balcony. Very clean – immaculate and beautiful touches that make a huge difference especially when on the Camino. The host was so welcoming and provided a lovely dinner and warm atmosphere in the common area. I would recommend this to anyone and would definitely return. Thank you!
- We really enjoyed our stay here even for one night. The owner(s) were charming hosts and would do anything for us. This is a very small village and only 2 places to stay. This lodging has a small bar and restaurant and the food is very good. All rooms have a separate bath. Room was clean with nice shower. There is really not much to do in this village but people are very nice. Very good dinner and breakfast.
- ‘This was easily the best stay on the whole entire Camino. It’s quaint, super clean, cosy, comfortable bed, great bathroom. and the food is good. But what makes this place extra special is the owner, Javier. A fellow pilgrim, he’s a wealth of knowledge and a great source of comfort and compassion for weary pilgrims. Stay here, you won’t regret it!!!
- Beautiful little converted farmhouse on the camino. Great restaurant. Host is great resource for caministas.
- Very comfortable, clean, bright room. Friendly owner who cooked and enormous offering for dinner. Tiny little hamlet with no where else to go. A good break on a busy pilgrimage.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Casa Polín offers accommodations in Las Herrerías. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.All rooms have a TV.There is a tour desk at the property.Ponferrada is 22 miles from Casa Polín, and Manzaneda is 28 miles from the property.
- Great location, convenient to the Camino. Friendly to weary travelers.
- The food was good. It was comfortable and very kind staff!
- Lovely staff the lady owner? In particular made a special effort with ya even though she didn’t speak English, gorgeous location, really warm and the food was excellent
- It felt like a small country inn nestled in a beautiful farming valley with a stream right outside our window! After a day of walking the Camino, it was very welcoming, quiet, & comfortable!
- We spent one night at Casa Polin during our October, 2017 camino. It is in a great location, allowing us to climb to La Faba and O’Cebreiro the next morning. Casa Polin is cozy and comfortable and run by a very hard working and friendly group of people. We had a comfortable double bed and private bath, that had hot water and good water pressure. The view from the room included a nearby creek and countryside. We had an excellent “pilgrim’s meal” for dinner. Excellent wifi. Will stay here again.
Casa Do Ferreiro – La Fragua
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Casa Do Ferreiro – La Fragua offers accommodations in Las Herrerías. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms include views of the mountains or river.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Ponferrada is 22 miles from Casa Do Ferreiro – La Fragua, and Manzaneda is 28 miles from the property.
- The property is runned by a mother and daughter team. It is a very cosy and homely place. The rooms are small but new, modern and very clean. Bathroom is well ventilated. There is a small bar and lovely terrace at the place. Dinner is great here, cooked by the proprietor.
- Very friendly host. Easily able to accommodate gluten free options. The ambiance of the place was just excellent.
- This property was an excellent place to enjoy a great sleep, fantastic meal during the Camino. The owners were amazing and so friendly. We enjoyed our Spanish lessons while sitting back enjoying a cold drink and the company of the owners. The rooms are very modern and clean. If you want a great place and prepared to spend the money, this is it.
- The lovely Maria and her Mam I guess looked after us like family. Washed and dried our wet clothes from rainy day walking the Camino
- It’s in the perfect location for the Camino traveller and while I was there it was very quiet. The shower , room and bed were excellent
As Miguiñas do Cebreiro
As Miguiñas do Cebreiro is located in Piedrafita, just 25 miles from Ponferrada.Certain rooms feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom.There is a tour desk at the property.Manzaneda is 31 miles from As Miguiñas do Cebreiro, and Villafranca del Bierzo is 14 miles from the property.
- Our host Manual was a fantastic host in all respects. He literally went the extra mile for us by picking us up in O’Cebreiro where we had finished the day’s walk and dropping us off there the next morning. He also arranged for some of our excess baggage to be posted to Santiago without any fuss.
- The owner and everything about the Albergue..amazing place and toasty toasty in the 6ft of snow.
- The staff was very friendfly and willing to help at any moment. Very good quality for price!!
- Our hosts were wonderful. Manuel picked us up from our finishing point for the day on the Camino and drove us to the hotel and did the same in in reverse the next day. He even climbed a ladder in the middle of the night to save us when our key became jammed in our door. Needless to say he has a wonderful sense of humour! A comfortable kitchen area to make tea and coffee and wonderful breakfast the next day.
- This was a lovely place. Manu the owner actually cared about his guests and had taken the trouble to provide everything for our comfort. He served breakfast personally: it was the best we had anywhere and for an extremely reasonable price too. His lunch recommendation was spot-on. We really enjoyed our stay, and wished it had been for longer.
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a terrace, Casa García offers accommodations in Piedrafita. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room at this guest house is air conditioned and is equipped with a TV. Certain rooms have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms feature views of the mountains or city. All rooms have a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub.There is luggage storage space at the property.Ponferrada is 25 miles from Casa García, and Manzaneda is 31 miles away.
- The room was clean and the staff were pleasant. It was close to O Cebreiro and we got a taxi there for 10euros – expensive for such a short distance.
A small hotel, two rooms above a restaurant, Family.
We got 100% service. None of us could be Spanish but with a mobile translator and a little body language was solved everything. We had a delicious dinner with fine wines and Cava. Thanks for a pleasant stay.
Run by lovely family who couldn’t do enough for us. Daughters spoke English
Outstanding meals. Big room. Good wifi.
Staff were very friendly and helpful e.g. – hung out our clothes to dry.
Complimentary post dinner drink. Very early breakfast provided with a smile?
- La buena atención y calidez de los dueños! Recomendable!
Hostal Restaurante Méndez
Located in Villafranca del Bierzo, 12 miles from Ponferrada, Hostal Restaurante Méndez features a restaurant, bar and free WiFi. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.All rooms include a private bathroom. A TV with satellite channels is provided.There is a tour desk at the property.Manzaneda is 30 miles from Hostal Restaurante Méndez, and Las Médulas is 11 miles from the property.
- Great and easy to find location. Friendly and efficiently run. Clean and well maintained facilities.
Location is good
Hostel is clean
Restruant was ok
I ended up staying one more night in this cute little town. The staff was nice enough to give me a room with a bath and the room was very clone to the santiago trail. Everything was clean and perfect
Stand was amazing!
- The restaurant is best value, home cooking, loved it
- The pilgrim meals were excellent and the service was great. Our room was comfortable.
Hostal Santa Maria Do Poio
Located in Padornelo, 30 miles from Lugo, Hostal Santa Maria Do Poio features a restaurant and free WiFi. The guest house has a terrace and views of the mountains, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar.Each room includes a TV. The rooms include a private bathroom.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Ponferrada is 29 miles from Hostal Santa Maria Do Poio, and Manzaneda is 28 miles away.
- Very local place not very robust and touristic the town contains 2 houses
- Excellent pilgrim dinner. On top of mountain on Camino de Santiago. However nothing else around.
- This was a very simple basic hostal. Nothing fancy. Crossroads to nowhere on the Camino, but the owner was warm and friendly. The room, though basic was clean. Soap and shampoo were provided and the bathroom was spotless. The food choices were very simple but absolutely fine. Jose and his employee Paola obviously take pride in making sure everyone feels at home.
- We were cold and the host gave us a glass of liqueur to warm us up.
– clean rooms
– friendly staff
– rooms are standard, but it is enough when you are for example walking the camino.
– we had a simple but good pelgrims meal!
Hostal Tres Campanas
Located in Villafranca del Bierzo, 12 miles from Ponferrada, Hostal Tres Campanas features free WiFi access and free private parking.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV is available.Manzaneda is 30 miles from Hostal Tres Campanas, and Las Médulas is 11 miles from the property.
- Loli Is a wonderful host and the Hostel is lovely. No sign of bed bugs either.
- New, very Nice, fantastic view to the mountains and the nicest hostess.
- Comfortable bed. Great breakfast. Host was very nice. Great place to stay on Camino.
- Beautiful room with private bathroom and balcony overlooking the mountains. Very peaceful and quiet. Gorgeous fresh breakfast made to order. Loli was so lovely, friendly and helpful.
- Lovely spacious room with balcony and views to the mountains. Owner very helpful and welcoming.
One of our best sellers in Villafranca del Bierzo! Hostal Burbia is located in Villafranca del Bierzo, 12 miles from Ponferrada and 30 miles from Manzaneda.Every room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Every room includes a private bathroom with a bidet and shower, with free toiletries provided.You will find a tour desk at the property.
- Room was clean and large windows across one wall made it nice; slight view of nearby church (Convent?) tower. The Hostal is only two small blocks from the park/gardens at the end of town. There is a nice path by the river to walk (though the river was low in late Sept.,& overgrown on the sides).
- Great location on the river. Fantastic river view from our room. Very clean, with comfortable beds. Staff very helpful.
- Mary the boss gave me a lovely welcome. Her husband Antonio, is a taxi driver if yiu need one, he is THE man. Try and get a room facing the river. The view is magic. Great rooms at a great price and two minute walk from the “Camino”.
- Quiet and by the river. A good stop on the Way to Santiago.
- The staff were friendly and the bed was comfortable. It was close to a beautiful river. If you are walking the Camino, the trail is close by.
Top Guest Houses In La Portela De Valcarce Castile And Leon Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in La Portela de Valcarce Castile and Leon to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in La Portela de Valcarce Castile and Leon but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in La Portela de Valcarce Castile and Leon. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!