10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In La Hermida Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
La Hermida Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in La Hermida Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in La Hermida Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in La Hermida Cantabria. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in La Hermida Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in La Hermida Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In La Hermida Cantabria:
Posada El Corcal de Liébana
A beautiful balance of rustic and classical in a stunning rural setting, this hotel is located beside the Picos de Europa National Park in the Liébana Valley. It boasts a spa and elegant restaurant.Escape to the Spanish countryside to find peace and quiet in the Posada el Corcal de Liébana. A place for good food and pure relaxation in some of Spain’s most beautiful countryside.Each bedroom of the Posada el Corcal is individually decorated with classical furnishings, cheerful colors and rustic touches. Enjoy fabulous views from your bedroom window.Dine in the restaurant which serves both lunch and dinner, with a set menu option.Browse the wireless internet for free in the lounge-library or enjoy a quiet read and sit-down after exploring the surroundings. Head to the spa for the Jacuzzi, sauna and gym before freshening up for dinner.
- The host did immediately open his garage so we could park our motorcycle there. He was very friendly and showed us the facilities with a smile.
- Super friendly hosts, great room, the attached Casa Fofi was a great place to eat or just for a coffee. Beautiful location!
- Loved everything. Very charming place. The breakfast that was included with our room was wonderful. We also made reservations to eat dinner there, and it was delicious and top rate.
- Lovely place, quiet and still close to potes(the town)… we felt at home there, and even came back for another night.
- This was a lovely, clean and comfortable inn set in the mountains, with beautiful views. The building appears to have been recently built, and everything is modern, although it has the look and design of an older mountain inn. Our beds were comfortable, and we appreciated the layout of the room, with a separate corridor for our private bathroom. There was a sitting area on the main floor, and several outdoor sitting areas as well (for good weather). Breakfast was generous and varied (typical European breakfast with breads, meats, cheeses, yogurt and cereal). We only stayed one night, but I wish we could have stayed longer; it was such a peaceful setting.
Hosteria Peña Sagra
Featuring a terrace with a mountain view, a restaurant and free Wi-Fi, Hosteria Peña Segra is located next to Deva River in Ojedo, just 14 mi from Picos de Europa National Park.Each room is equipped with air conditioning, TV, telephone and has a bathroom with a shower or bath tub. The property also features a restaurant and a bar and offers packed lunches.Hosteria Pena Segra is located within 30 minutes’ drive of Fuente Dé Cable Car. The Santo Toribio de Liébana Monastery is 2.2 mi away.Asturian coastline is approximately 22 mi from the property. Santander Airport is within a 1 hour and 14 minutes drive and there is a bus stop 30 feet away.
- Its a good simple hotel which provides a good value for money. They have a restaurant and bar downstairs and there is limited parking in front of the hotel but there is off street free parking nearby. The hotel reception is around the corner and sometimes there is no one at reception but you can easily get someone from the bar downstairs as they run it too. I would recommend this place to anyone 🙂
- The room is spacious, comfortable and well presented.
- Beautiful place, lovely reception and cats next to the staircase, clean bedroom and bathroom, comfortable beds. When you open the window you can see a nice view and hear blackbirds singing. Convenient access, bus stop next to the hotel. Good value for money.
- Staff were friendly. Provided meal 10.30pm when we arrived late. We felt very welcome. Clean and great standard hotel.
- Good value. Good location to access Ordessa. Right next to supermarket.
Set in attractive gardens full of fruit trees, this charming country hotel is surrounded by the wonderful mountain scenery of the Picos de Europa.The Posada Laura lies 1.2 mi outside of Potes in the Camaleño Valley, in the far west of northern Spain’s beautiful Cantabria region. It is located within the area’s national park, which protects the stunning local landscape of green mountains.Spend a peaceful, sunny afternoon in the hotel’s beautiful garden. Each one of the hotel’s individually decorated rooms is named after a plant or flower found in this garden. In winter you can relax in the welcoming lounge area, while in summer you can enjoy a candlelit dinner out on the veranda.
- The grounds and facilities are beautiful and well kept. The views of the Picos are fabulous. Laura was a great hostess. Breakfast was great. I’d recommend to anyone.
- Beautiful location just outside Potes. Wonderful breakfast.
- Friendly, comfortable, tasteful and very clean accommodation. Tasty breakfast with fruit from the garden. Quiet, but still within walking distance of Potes (20 minute walk), we would definitely return.
Quiet, scenic location free parking in the grounds of the hotel
Excellent, personal reception and greeting.
Lovely comfortable room and bed
Well appointed bathroom all clean and tidy.
One of the best breakfasts I’ve had in a hotel, wide selection of items from Ham & Cheeses to Croissant & Cake plus cooked to order Ham & Eggs. Excellent.
We were also able to use a Hosepipe to wash down our Motorcycles.
- Lovely big room in large well appointed house. Hostess very attentive and informative (we communicated in bad English on her side and worse Spanish on our side 🙂 ). Shower good, bed comfortable and breakfast very good.
Hostal Monte Rio
Hostal Monte Rio offers a restaurant and á la carte restaurant with beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. It is located in Peñamellera Alta and free Wi-Fi access is available.Rooms here will provide you with a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with bath or shower. You can enjoy mountain views and river views from all the rooms.At Hostal Monte Rio you will find a terrace, a bar and a snack bar; packed lunches are also available on prior request. Other facilities offered include a shared lounge with a TV.You can find good hiking and cycling roads in the nearby countryside. A free private parking is available on-site.
- Roberto served us a fantastic and super complete breakfast every morning! His hospitality made us feel very welcome. The room was cleaned everyday, and room view overlooking the mountains was such a lovely view to wake up to, it was exactly what we were looking for.
- It was all good. The location was fine and although on the main road it’s a very quiet main road. I arrived late due to my ferry crossing being delayed but it wasn’t a problem at all. The bar and food was good and the staff were friendly and helpful. My accomodation was spotlessly clean and the Wi-Fi worked well in my room, the bar area and the seating area outside. I also had parking for my motor bike just off the main road and behind a gate, but it’s such a quiet place that I can’t imagine it would be a problem there anyway. Breakfast was pretty simple but was ok for me.
- Extremely nice and helpful staff!! They made our stay even better, thank you!!
- Extremely helpful staff especially as we speak no Spanish .
El personal es un encanto, la comida espectacular, es verdad que para una pareja jovencilla como nosotros un poco caro, pero mereció la pena, en nuestra opción estaba incluido el desayuno, y menudo desayuno!. Estás en medio de un valle, con ovejas y vacas y el río Cares justo detrás, puedes bajar andando.
Un lugar maravilloso.
Muchas gracias por la hospitalidad de estos días, un abrazo enorme desde Madrid ?.
Posada Las Espedillas
The restored 17th-century Posada Las Espedillas is in the small mountain village of Camaleño. It offers free Wi-Fi and a garden with a seating area and views of the Picos de Europa Mountains.Rustic heated rooms have a balcony with mountain views. There is a flat-screen TV and the private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and free toiletries.There are barbecue facilities and you will find shops and bars 4.3 mi away in Potes. Guests have a communal dining room and a TV lounge with a fireplace.The tour desk can organize horse riding. There is free on-site parking and San Vicente de la Barquera Beach is 12 mi away.
- The view from breakfast room. Mountains are beautiful there
- Delicious breakfast and great location! everyone was so friendly and really wanted to make sure we enjoyed our time the most!
- Absolutely in every way WONDERFUL. Beautiful location, warm welcome, delicious breakfast with piles of homemade waffles and the best honey I ever tasted. Extraordinary location. Beautifully decorated and comfortable
- The property is a beautifully restored old village home with excellent accommodations. Delicious homemade breakfast! The “posada” is close to the town of Potes and several villages where you will find good restaurants and tourist shops and to the hiking trails and other attractions of Los Picos de Europa National Park. But the best of Las Espedillas are its owners: Always kind and ready to answer questions and giving you advise on how to get to places, the weather, sharing old stories, a real feeling of being in family!
- A fabulous retreat, on the edge of a very small village. Good hiking trails nearby , great building, friendly service, very quiet atmosphere.
Hostería La Antigua
One of our best sellers in Potes! Set 5 mi from Los Picos de Europa National Park, Hostería La Antigua is located in Potes off Plaza Capitán Palacios. The rustic-style guest house offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi.Featuring wooden beam ceilings, each heated room comes with a TV. The private bathroom includes a shower. Towels and bed linen are provided.Hosteria la Antigua features a 24-hour front desk, shared lounge with TV and terrace. Free parking is available.The accommodations has a shared seating area and guests may make use of the fridge and microwave.Set in central Potes, the property is close to several bars and restaurants. Cantabria’s coast, where guests can visit the charming village of San Vicente de la Barquera, is 28 mi away.
- The staff member who checked us in well exceeded our expectations!! She let us choose from 3 rooms, great English, restaurant recommendations and other tips!
- Great location in centre of Potes. Our room had a balcony which was good for sitting out in the evening.
- The female concierge was very helpful and friendly…and she speaks English.
- Staff was extremely kind and helpful. The location couldn´t be better, in the centre of Potes. Absolutely quiet at night, despite being a busy weekend. Despite being a rural area, wifi speed and paying possibilities (card) were available.
Reception informative about the sights and places to eat; good location- in Center but on a side street so also quiet at night, close to anywhere you would like to walk to; yum places to go for any type of meal you would like;
Room nicely kept;
Hosteria Picos De Europa
Hosteria Picos de Europa has beautiful views of the village of Potes and Peña Vieja, the highest mountain in Cantabria. It offers good-value accommodations with free Wi-Fi access.Rooms at this family-run hotel are simple and comfortable. They all have satellite TV and heating. They also have an private bathroom with a hairdryer.Hosteria Picos de Europa has a garden and terrace. It also offers a breakfast room and a relaxing lounge bar. The hotel can arrange airport transfers. The reception also offers bicycle rental and packed lunches.The hotel has impressive views of the Picos de Europa Mountains. The hotel tour desk can provide information on walking and cycling routes in this National Park. Horseriding and quad tours are also available.An airport shuttle service is available for an extra cost.
- Very good breakfast with lovely scrambled eggs and lots of choice
- Welcoming and helpful owners, a comfortable and appealing hotel which was simple but charming.
- Communication with the hotel was great and they offered to stay up until midnight to receive us. Unfortunately just 20kms from the hotel the road was closed and we had to cancel.
- Central location. Friendly staff and very clean. The owner is very helpful. Very welcoming to bikers.
- Amazing hotel which deserved to be far more full than it was! Beautiful interior and friendly staff, who were very kind about my terrible Spanish. Amazing location for going hiking in the mountains from and spending much needed catch-up time with my brother.
La Anjana Ojedo
Located in Ojedo, La Anjana Ojedo is set next to the Deva River and within 20 minutes’ drive of Picos de Europa National Park. This rustic property features an à la carte restaurant and a bar with a terrace.Each of the attractive rooms at La Anjana Ojedo is decorated in warm orange, red and terracotta tones with dark wooden finishes. All rooms have heating, a TV and free Wi-Fi.You can enjoy local cuisine in the Anjana’s restaurant, which specializes in roasted meats, Liébana stew, suckling pig and lobster dishes.The property is within 30 minutes’ drive of the ski slopes at Fuente Dé. Ski-equipment hire and storage are available on site. You can rent bikes at reception.The surrounding mountains are ideal for hiking and cycling. Potes is 5 minutes’ drive away and Unquera and the coastline are approximately 22 mi from Ojedo.
The staff/owners were keen to please, but were not widely travelled themselves. It was a village bar with en-suite rooms in a purpose built small block behind. Everything had been done to a tight budget, but the owners were keen to make you feel welcome. If there was a language difficulty, they showed you what they were cooking that day. It was straightforward home/bar cooking without a lot of choice. Within 2 miles in Potes there were many restaurants.
The rooms were clean and tidy. Parking was fine on the street outside.
- El emplazamiento está muy bien, es un sitio muy bonito
- Fue una escapada de un día y tampoco buscábamos algo del otro mundo, lo que sí, que pudiese entrar nuestro perrito y en el caso no hubo problema. Cerca de Potes y sin problema de aparcamiento.
- Lo que más valoro del alojamiento es que permiten llevar mascotas.
- As aparências enganam, chega se vê se uma fachada de uma casa um pouco degradada. Mas nada a ver, quando se entra e algo novo e remodelado. Quartos impecáveis e boa vista. Atendimento muito bom, como família.
- The staff/owners were keen to please, but were not widely travelled themselves. It was a village bar with en-suite rooms in a purpose built small block behind. Everything had been done to a tight budget, but the owners were keen to make you feel welcome. If there was a language difficulty, they showed you what they were cooking that day. It was straightforward home/bar cooking without a lot of choice. Within 2 miles in Potes there were many restaurants.
Posada San Pelayo
Surrounded by the breathtaking mountain scenery of the Picos de Europa National Park, this rustic-style hotel features charming design and an outdoor pool with great views.The Posada has been built from traditional materials to blend in with the architecture and landscape of the area. Admire the combination of wood and stone on the hotel’s exterior.Located in the peaceful village of San Pelayo, the Posada offers you a complete escape. Lose yourself in the amazing mountain and forest views. Curl up with a good book or chat with friends in the warm and inviting lounges. Here, you can warm up next to the open fire, enjoy a board game or simply gaze at the panoramic views.Take a stroll around the Posada San Pelayo’s grounds. The hotel is located on an 26 ft² plot with indigenous trees and a large parking area.The Posada is just 3.1 mi from Potes, where you can admire the delightful, 15th-century architecture, characteristic of the Cantabria region.
- This was the most amazing location. Our room looked out the back onto the mountain range. It was spectacular!
- If you think the website pictures of this property are great, then you must stay here and see the real thing. This Posada occupies the most extraordinary piece of natural real estate you could possibly imagine. You are surrounded by the Picos de Europa, lovely gardens with expansive green lawns, a fresh running stream, and a warm weather swimming pool. We were even greeted by Pongo, the resident white lab. Price includes breakfast. Excellent Value.
- Lovely location with good views. Attentive staff. Handy for Potes.
- Great location and grounds, fantastic view, great hosts. Very peaceful.
Beautiful guest house near Picos de Europa mountains. Views are great and the house is really nice, perfect location to expend a weekend an explore the area. Our bedroom was very big, with plenty of space. Bed was very confortable.
We also became friends of Pogo, the dog!
It’s just less than 10 minutes by car from Potes.
Top Guest Houses In La Hermida Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in La Hermida Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in La Hermida Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in La Hermida Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!