10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In La Cueva Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
La Cueva Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in La Cueva Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in La Cueva Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in La Cueva Cantabria. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in La Cueva Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in La Cueva Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In La Cueva Cantabria:
Pensión la Campanilla
Offering rustic apartments and rooms, Pensión la Campanilla has a picturesque setting in the Pisueña Valley, in La Penilla. Dating from 1940, this traditional mountain house has a terrace.Accommodations at Pensión la Campanilla features a simple décor and some apartments have beamed ceilings. There is free Wi-Fi, heating and a private bathroom. Apartments have a seating area and a kitchenette.The property is set in the center of La Penilla and the surrounding valley is ideal for hiking. There is a sports center and a football stadium 1.2 mi away, and the nearest golf club is 9.3 mi from the Campanilla.Santander and the Cantabrian coastline can be reached in 30 minutes by car. Bilbao is less than 62 mi away.
- Pleasant reception, comfortable bed, warm room, hot shower. What is not to like. Excellent.
- The owner and his daughter stayed open for us until 12.30pm as the ferry was delayed. Not a problem. Very friendly and co-operative.
- Breakfast was not available Breakfast would have been good
- La habitación era pequeñita pero tenia todo lo necesario para pasar unos días. Relación calidad precio muy bien
- Alquilamos un apartamento con 4 camas, tenía cocina con frigorífico, microondas, vitrocerámica y menaje. Solo lo utilizamos para desayunar. Es una pensión en una zona muy tranquila para poder dormir y muy cerca del parque de Cabárceno. Pedro el dueño muy agradable nos facilitó las entradas más baratas que en la taquilla. Cenamos 2 noches en el restaurante La Partera a 1,5 kms aproximadamente, muy bien de precio y de cantidades. No hay problema para aparcar, lo recomiendo
LaBalbina offers pet-friendly accommodations in San Román.The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.You will find a tour desk at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the surroundings, including fishing and hiking. Santander is 17 mi from LaBalbina, while Santillana del Mar is 16 mi away. Santander Airport is 14 mi from the property.
No reviews yet.
Offering free WiFi, El Centro is located in Vargas. Providing a restaurant, the property also features a bar.With a private bathroom, some units at the guesthouse also feature a mountain view.Santander is 17 miles from El Centro, while Santillana del Mar is 11 miles from the property. Santander Airport is 14 miles away.
- Jose was so helpful and friendly. Our ferry was delayed but he just told me to ring when we arrived, way after checking in time. Nothing was too much bother, even though they are in the middle of redecorating. The place will be lovely when they have finished. They deserve to do well.
- Above all I appreciated the friendly welcome of my host, despite the late hour of my arrival. The pension is situated in beautiful surroundings and is an excellent choice for anyone using the ferries to and from Santander. My boat was 5 hours late arriving in Santander and the fact that the journey to my lodgings was less than 30 minutes made a big difference. The accommodation is more than adequate in terms of facilities and rates very highly for cleanliness and value for money. I shall certainly go there again.
- Location was perfect for us and good value for money. Microwave available in foyer area with tables and chairs. Supermarket, Tavern and Pharmacy across the road.
- The owner was very helpfull and spoke good english.The place was very clean. with very comfy bed & pillows. It was a 2 minute drive to the caves we went to vist.
- Very close to Santander and motorway if you need it, friendly staff with suggestions where to go and what to visit – used that knowlidge and had a perfect day riding motorbike through the mountains
Posada La Anjana
Featuring rooms with views of the hills or the Pas River, Posada La Anjana is 0.6 mi from Puente Viesgo’s caves. Surrounded by lush gardens, it offers easy access to the Vía Verde del Pas cycling route.Posada La Anjana’s individually decorated rooms have a balcony and a flat-screen TV. The private bathroom includes free toiletries.Traditional Cantabrian cuisine is served in the Anjana’s rustic restaurant, which offers views of the surrounding countryside. The guest house also has a café and a library, and free Wi-Fi is available on the ground floor.The Puente Viesgo Springs are nearby, and discounts are available for entry and treatments. There are also discounts for the Cabárceno Nature Reserve. La Anjana also offers bicycle rental.The beaches of the Cantabrian Sea can be reached in 35 minutes by car. The ferry terminal in Santander is 22 mi away.
- In the mountains, by a river, near the caves. Dog friendly hotel. Garden. All good
- Lovely little quaint hotel , my third visit , great location for a twenty mile drive to or from Santander port..they don’t speak a word of English ,I don’t speak a word of Spanish but we all got on great and value for money it is inbeatable,have their late dinner and breakfast amazing value
- Lovely hotel in a beautiful location. Lovely walk along the river and fascinating Neanderthal caves to visit. A special place.
This is a great location if you are coming off a late ferry to Santander. I have stayed here twice travelling by car and the motorbike. Why? Because the route from here to Burgos is a scenic journey if the weather is good.
The Hotel is clean. Well positioned. Good parking for bikes. Breakfast is typically Spanish and good. However overall it’s pricey for what you get. Nonetheless I would stay again for the convenience and the scenic ride (weather permitting)
- Within easy access of Santander and very easy to find (sat nav took us to the door). This early in the year, the two couples traveling together we’re the only guests. But this did not matter. Rooms were warm, food was excellent, views were stunning and there were areas nearby to walk the dog.
Hosteria Los Sauces
This private estate is in the heart of the Cantabrian countryside, near Cabárceno Natural Park and Santander’s Sardinero Beach. There is free private parking and free Wi-Fi.Hosteria Los Sauces is surrounded by beautiful gardens. All rooms have views of the gardens.Rooms also include satellite TV and a bathroom with amenities and a hairdryer.Hosteria Los Sauces also has a playground. Packed lunches are available.There is a horse-riding center 1,000 feet away. Liencres Beach is nearby and is ideal for surfers. The Abra del Pas Golf Course is also close.The Cabárceno Natural Park has a large range of animals, including elephant and lions.
- The breakfast was adequate and ‘continental’ as expected. The location was 6 miles or so from the ferry port and an ideal place to stay-over after an evening arrival before a long drive south the following day.
- We had just come off the ferry at Santander and wanted somewhere to stay the night. There were no tea/coffee making facilities and the place was in the middle of nowhere. It was getting dark we were tired and our room was cold and not clean. ( pubes in the bath) The little lady at breakfast was sweet and had made an effort to produce a ham & cheese breakfast
- Beautiful area in the country with unbelievable scenery. Great for walking and safe with nice sidewalks. Very nice buffet breakfast and pleasant staff.
- La ubicación. El entorno. La atención de el personal del hotel y el desayuno excelente y variado
- El servicio de desayuno esta muy bien. comida casera y una tortilla de patata excelente. El trato del personal fue muy bueno y además pude aparcar sin problemas. Lugar muy tranquilo y cómodo.
Set within the natural setting of Pámanes, this rural house is surrounded by orchards and large gardens. Alojamiento Bernabales offers rooms with heating and a free buffet breakfast.Featuring tiled roofs and a large porch, the Bernabales offers bikes to use for free. Tourist information can be provided, and activities such as horse riding, guided trips or hiking can be organized.Indoors, Alojamiento Bernabales features rustic design with parquet floors, wooden furniture and exposed beams. There is a library with a reading area, a lounge with fireplace, and a dining room. There is free Wi-Fi throughout.Each room comes with a TV and a private bathroom with shower or bathtub. They also have a wardrobe and a desk. Rooms located on the top floor have sloping ceilings and air conditioning.Cabarceno Nature Reserve is a 5-minute drive away and Liérganes is less than 10 minutes from the house by car. The house has free private parking.
- El sitio es perfecto para visitar la zona y los dueños se preocupan de que los disfrutes dandote todo tipo de sugerencias e indicaciones, yo viaje con mi hijo y la atencion fue muy buena, totalmente recomendable.
Todo perfecto, habitaciones muy cómodas, desayuno buffet muy completo.
El dueño muy amable, nos indicó cómo llegar a lugares interesantes. Un diez en atención personalizada.
- La amabilidad, la atención y cercanía de los dueños. Sitio muy acogedor y agradable. Limpieza, confort y un gran buffet con productos típicos de la zona, eso siempre es de agradecer.
- Cerca de lugares de interés, habitación muy confortable, personal muy amable. Muy recomendable, yo volvería
- Limpieza excelente, habitaciones bonitas y acogedoras. Los dueños muy amables y siempre dispuestos a ayudar. Lo recomiendo 100%
Posada Las Tres Mentiras de Santillana del Mar
Featuring free Wi-Fi and rooms with flat-screen TVs, Posada Las Tres Mentiras is set in a traditional Cantabrian house. Located just outside Viveda, it overlooks the Santillana del Mar countryside.The Tres Mentiras has bright, country-style décor throughout, with features such as tiled floors and beamed ceilings. All modern rooms come with a private bathroom, a fridge and a DVD player.Guests can enjoy a varied home-made breakfast in the Posada’s dining room or on the attractive terrace overlooking the surrounding hills. There are also barbecue facilities, and the lounge has a fireplace.The Tres Mentiras is just 3.1 mi from Torrelavega, Santillana del Mar and the beaches at Tagle and Suances. There is easy access to the E70 Cantábrico Motorway, which connects guests to Santander in 25 minutes.
Lugar confortable y limpio de turismo rural, entorno precioso y muy tranquilo, fuera del jaleo de Santillana pero a 5 minutos en coche, trato muy agradable, Mary y Andrea un encanto, Gonzalo, el dueño muy atento y servicial.
Puedes llevar tu comida y comerla en el comedor, teniendo en cuenta que solo se puede hacer uso de microondas.
Cabe destacar la jacuzzi que es la guinda después de un largo día de turismo.
…y admiten mascotas
- Que nos diesen una habitación con terraza para el perrete. La atención y amabilidad.
- La amabilidad y atención del personal, la limpieza, comodidad de las camas y estupendo desayuno
- El personal al cargo de lo más atento y encantador.
- La decoración del establecimiento con mucho encanto y el entorno en cuanto al paisaje, muy bonito. Admiten mascotas
- Lugar confortable y limpio de turismo rural, entorno precioso y muy tranquilo, fuera del jaleo de Santillana pero a 5 minutos en coche, trato muy agradable, Mary y Andrea un encanto, Gonzalo, el dueño muy atento y servicial.
Hotel Posada del Pas
The charming Posada del Pas is a colonial-style house with palm trees, gardens, a swimming pool and tennis court. It is surrounded by green hills and offers spectacular views.The Posada del Pas is in the Pas Valley, in the Cantabrian town of San Vicente de Toranzo. Santander is around 19 miles away.Guests enjoy free outdoor and garage parking at the Posada. There is a bar and a restaurant, serving international meals.All of the rooms at the Posada del Pas are heated. They feature cable TV and a private bathroom with hairdryer.
- This was a Nice and good Place. Thank you for it all, Ellie & John
- Wonderful family atmosphere. Very good value for money.
- Staff were lovely, welcoming, friendly & obliging. The location & scenery were stunning. Dogs made very welcome, would stay again as only 45 minutes from ferry. Did us a late snack which was very reasonable. Great wine.
- Location. Reason for stay was to run in the mountains
- Desde la habitación se ve todo el paisaje muy bien ,la casa está muy bien ubicada cerca del pueblo pero a la vez apartada, ideal para descansar y desconectar.la habitación muy confortable .sitios chulos para ver en los alrededores.
Featuring a garden and free Wi-Fi throughout, Casa Velarde is a 17th-century guest house located in Viernoles, just 3.1 mi from Torrelavega. Comillas Beach is a 30-minute drive away.This charming property features exposed stone walls and wooden beams. Its rustic-style rooms come with a wardrobe, flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a bath or shower and hairdryer. There is a shared lounge area and a breakfast buffet is served daily.Surrounded by valleys, Casa Velarde is well situate for outdoor activities such as hiking and trekking.Dunas de Liencres Nature Reserve is 20 minutes’ drive away. Santander Airpor is 19 mi from the property. There is free private parking on site.
- Lovely building, beautiful location, great hostess, very comfortable
- It was conveniently located off of the highway and there was on-site parking.
- Very convenient for an overnight stop, about 30 minutes travel from Santander ferry terminal. Charming old property with a lot of family history. Helpful friendly host. Good restaurant within 10-15 minutes walk.
Traditional Spanish accommodation with secure parking within easy reach of Santander before the ferry home. Pleasant village setting and easy to find with directions given. Unfortunately the local bar/ restaurant was closed.
The owner was welcoming and spoke some English. Our room was on the ground floor but there was no private area to sit outside so we felt we were sitting more in family space although our host was happy for us to use the courtyard table.
The bathroom was a wet room equipped for disabled use which we hadn’t specifically requested and was in need of some updating.
- Wonderful staff – the lady was very pleasant and the breakfast was tasty. The place has a retro Spanish villa look, with antique furniture etc. etc., with pleasant coolness in the room. The room was cleaned every day.
Posada Rincón del Pas
Just a few feet from the River Pas, Posada Rincon del Pas has a peaceful setting next to Puente Viesgo’s famous spa. This charming country house offers individually decorated rooms and a restaurant.Each attractive room at Posada Rincon del Pas has a balcony overlooking its gardens. All rooms feature free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and orthopedic mattresses.Guests can enjoy a homemade breakfast in the Rincon del Pas’ restaurant, which offers Spanish cuisine for lunch and dinner.The surrounding Cantabrian countryside is ideal for hiking, and guests receive discounts on entry to Cabárceno Natural Park, the Fuente Dé Cable Car and the Maritime Museum. The hotel is on a Vía Verde cycling route.
This is a small personally run hotel with rooms that have been very nicely decorated. There’s a lovely garden to sit in. The woman who owns the place was very gracious and helpful – she volunteered to drive me up the mountain so I wouldn’t have to walk the 1.25 miles to the caves of Monte Castillo. The 2 caves are well worth visiting (closed Mon & Tues) with an excellent bi-lingual guide for each. Make reservations before going.
I took a bus to Puente Viesgo from Santander. It’s then a 2-block walk across the river to the hotel. An excellent breakfast was provided as well as a very good glass of wine in the garden.
- la atención de los dueños muy buena, la ubicación perfecta, el desayuno muy bien precio calidad sobresaliente.
El lugar es sencillo y familiar. Viaje con mi mascota y no pusieron ningún reparo, incluso tenían un comedero dispuesto con chuches.
Volveré sin duda, además el entorno para pasear es inmejorable.
- El desayuno increíble,mucha cantidad y casero.tortilla…jamon..dulces..zumo natural..genial!
La posada está en plena via verde, paralelo al rio, lo que te permite pasear cómodamente, después de un desayuno completo .Comprobé por otros clientes que todos los días cambian productos para hacerlo más variado.
Los dueños muy agradables y ambiente tranquilo.
- This is a small personally run hotel with rooms that have been very nicely decorated. There’s a lovely garden to sit in. The woman who owns the place was very gracious and helpful – she volunteered to drive me up the mountain so I wouldn’t have to walk the 1.25 miles to the caves of Monte Castillo. The 2 caves are well worth visiting (closed Mon & Tues) with an excellent bi-lingual guide for each. Make reservations before going.
Top Guest Houses In La Cueva Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in La Cueva Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in La Cueva Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in La Cueva Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!