10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Honomu The Big Island – Top Hotel Reviews
Honomu The Big Island is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Honomu The Big Island. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Honomu The Big Island. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Honomu The Big Island. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Honomu The Big Island right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Honomu The Big Island with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Honomu The Big Island:
Honomu Inn is located in Honomu, just 11 miles from Hilo.Some units feature a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the mountains or garden. Every room has a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and hiking. Hilo Airport is 11 miles away.
- The hostess was very friendly and helpful. She picked us up at the airport and then drove us to the car rent agency the next day. The room was very beautiful having just recently been renovated. The location was great with a few shops, a coffee shop and a bakery nearby. Wonderful place to stay!
- Newly renovated with modern crisp white finish and linens. Outstanding staircase with custom Akaka Falls mural art.
- Honomu Inn is a quaint little hotel it is very clean and the Inn Keeper is very nice. self serve Cereal and coffee for breakfast.
- We loved staying at Homonu Inn. The housekeeper was just amazing and she welcomed us more than warmly. We felt like coming home. The room was cozy, comfortable and very clean and we LOVED the night song of the coquis (the frogs), although we could understand that people feel annoyed by them. But in that case, war plugs are provided by the housekeeper :-).
- Clean room, breakfast facilities and communal fridge. Near Akaka falls and the Zipline over Umauma falls.
Hilo Bay Studios
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Shaka Shak Studios offers accommodations in Hilo.Certain accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. Views of the sea, mountains or garden are featured in certain rooms. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared kitchen at the property.You can play tennis at this guesthouse, and the area is popular for snorkeling and diving. The guesthouse also provides free use of bicycles. The nearest airport is Hilo Airport, 2.5 miles from Shaka Shak Studios.
- Location was great! Close to restaurants and the farmers market.
- I loved that the bathroom and shower were just steps away from my room
- Host is v friendly n helpful. always free food with fruits in kitchen :)) clean kitchen n clean room n clean washroom. feel safe to stay with door locked. easy parking n easy access to town n supermarket.i enjoy so much during my stay.
- Private bathroom although almost no privacy for shower… Amenities for breakfast
- Staff lovely and really helpful. Met nice roomate. 😜
Shaka Shak Hospitality
The Shaka Shak Hospitality offers 2 distinctly unique properties: Shaka Shak Guest House is located in the uptown residential area of Hilo and Shaka Shak Downtown Studios are located in downtown Hilo.Tucked away in a quiet neighborhood in Hilo just 30 minutes’ drive from the Volcano National Park and Mauna Kea, Shaka Shak Guest House is a 1950s plantation-style guest house features rooms with mountain views. A shared kitchen is available for guest use. Hilo Airport is 2.5 miles away.Shaka Shak Downtown Studios are equipped with refrigerators, coffee makers, and microwaves.A bike hire is available at these properties.Downtown Hilo, Liliuokalani Gardens, Richardson Beach are within 3.1 miles away from Shaka Shak Guest House. The Mauna Kea Observatory and the Volcano National Park are within 30 minutes’ drive from the property. Shopping at Prince Kuhio Plaza is less than 5 minutes’ drive away.
- The breakfast was good and the owner was so nice. We liked meeting people from all over the world too.
Everything was so good.
If I go to Big Island again, I’ll stay there again.
Thank you for everything !
- Cynthia was such a gracious hostess and helpful in directing us on places to go. Her passion fruit jam and breakfast set up was AMAZING! MAHOLO Cynthia you are full of Aloha 😁
- The pancakes were wonderful and I loved the chocolate squares!
- The hostess is very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable.
Hamakua House and Camping Cabanas
Hamakua House and Camping Cabanas offers accommodations in Pepeekeo. Free private parking is available on site.Views of the sea, mountains or garden are featured in certain rooms.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.The nearest airport is Hilo Airport, 11 miles from the property.
- Very relaxing experience. Well looked after by our host, Ray.
The property’s manager has the right attitude. His welcoming and exiting procedures are a traveller’s dream.
During the stay, he also exceeded expectations by asking what you need.
- Beautiful setting, peaceful and quiet. Comfortable bed and nice home.
– Staff is super friendly and helpful
– Quite eco friendly with solar power
– Sleeping in a hammock is an interesting experience (though I recommend some mosquito protection)
- The fact that it was located in the middle of the jungle, and we had an amazing view from our room
Mahana House Country Inn
Situated just outside of Hakalau, 12.4 miles from Hilo, Mahana House Country Inn is a non-smoking property and features ocean views, free WiFi access, and free private parking.Rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV with Netflix. All units have a seating area for your convenience. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. Rooms also offer mini refrigerators, microwaves, and kitchenettes.There is a shared guest kitchen at the property.The nearest airport is Hilo Airport, 12.4 miles from Mahana House Country Inn.
Beautiful place, quiet and peaceful, great for watching stars at night.
The hosts are very considerate, we found everything we needed.
We would like to stay much longer.
- Country setting, friendly hosts, good indoor outdoor flow, homely touch (e.g. bath robes, lots of condiments, constant supply of ice, fruits from their own orchard) a lovely communal kitchen/dining/lounge, great view, clean, good insect control, and Netflix
- We stayed four days at the corner suite of Mahana house and I must say that it was amazing! Everything is so new and beautiful. We had such a relaxing stay. Besides, the owner Randy was so kind. I had to postpone my trip because of the hurricane Harvey since the airport was closed. He was so understanding and helped us to find some new dates without charging anything else. Besides, he gave us so many good suggestions that made our trip even better. I would definitely give more stars if I could.
- The farm and all the fruits to eat fresh of the trees. The suggestions for tours around the island and yes it is a big island. So if you look out for a nice place to stay close to Hilo that’s where you wanna stay. Thanks to Randy for the stay at this awesome house.
- It was super! Even on a rainy day! A very quiet and piecefull place!
- Beautiful place, quiet and peaceful, great for watching stars at night.
Island Goode’s – Luxury Adult Only Accommodation in South Hilo District
Showcasing a barbecue and views of the sea, Island Goode’s – Luxury Adult Only Accommodation in South Hilo District is located in Papaikou, just 6 miles from Hilo. Free private parking is available on site.Certain accommodations feature a private bathroom with a hot tub, and others have free toiletries and a hairdryer. Some accommodations include a sitting area where you can relax. There is a coffee machine and a kettle in the room. A flat-screen TV and Blu-ray player are available.The nearest airport is Hilo Airport, 6 miles from the property.
- Lovely self contained room with fab bed. Everything provided including beach towels though couldn’t find a decent beach 😂
- Excellent beds, best we’ve had away from home. Huge bathroom, everything is spotless.
- Facility was very clean. The owners were very friendly and attentive. Great value!
- Laura and Garvin really make you feel welcome. I have never experienced this level of (still unobtrusive) friendliness. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a home away from home on Big Island. Superb apartments with lovely touches and items from the Islands. We’ll surely return. Thanks again 🙂
- Excellent location and views. Sleep number bed was a nice touch (and welcome change from soft beds at other hotels on our trip).
Hilo Honoli’i Hale
One of our best sellers in Hilo! This property is a 20-minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the sea, Hilo Honoli’i Hale is located in Hilo, just 25 miles from Volcano. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub.The nearest airport is Hilo Airport, 3.7 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Hawaii, Ocean View Hilo Bay
Located in Hilo, 24 miles from Volcano, Hawaii, Ocean View Hilo Bay features air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi throughout the property. Free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Every room is equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Hilo Airport is 3.7 miles away.
- There is only one room and Amparo is so friendly!!
- I loved this place. You have access to a separate guest house, which is very clean/organized and has a private outdoor shower. The bed was very comfortable and you had control of the AC which was really nice for the getting out of the humidity. The hosts were both wonderful; Amparo prepared a delicious breakfast with a variety of bread, fruit, and protein that was a great start to the day. You each on the porch/patio overlooking the ocean and Hilo; even watched some planes land/take off. The property was easy to find and checking in/out were a breeze.
- Everything was so exceptional. Our visit was just perfect from the warm welcome to the goodbye (and the hope to see you soon). Breakfast extremely good! Thank you so much!
- The owner is amazing and could not have been more friendly and helpful. Also, it was a beautiful and clean room.
The outdoor bathroom which is lovely.
The cleanliness of the room.
The breakfast was plentiful and very good.
The view from the house.
Very welcoming owners.
I recommend it!
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hale Kawehi offers accommodations in Hilo, just 22 miles from Volcano. Free private parking is available on site.Each room at this guesthouse is air conditioned and is fitted with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Certain accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a coffee machine in the room. All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub. Extras include slippers and free toiletries.You will find concierge services at the property.The guesthouse also provides car rental. The nearest airport is Hilo Airport, 3.1 miles from Hale Kawehi.
No reviews yet.
Hilo Vacation Rental
Located in Hilo in the region of Hawaii Island, 21 miles from Volcano, Hilo Vacation Rental features a barbecue and views of the mountains.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV.The nearest airport is Hilo Airport, 4.3 miles from Hilo Vacation Rental.
- we loved staying at the hilo vacation rental! everything was clean, the owner was very helpful and attentive! if you have any questions or need help he would help you. check in and out were super easy, wlan worked great. on the outside there are two cute little cats 🙂 kitchen is huge and has everything you need if you want to cook your own meals, also a large fridge/freezer, microwave and an oven. we shared a bathroom with other guests but it was always clean and refilled with things you need. theres also a large sofa and some tvs in the house. you should stay there if you are in hilo, we really loved this house and the cats! visit also the consicious culture cafe in hilo 🙂
- Size of room, availability of a full kitchen, good internet, parking, fast access to Saddle Road and Mauna Kea
- BIG, comfortable, and clean. A REALLY nice house. Checkin was easy. Only thing that would make it better would be to be located closer to downtown, but I’d stay here again for sure.
- We had a great stay at Hilo Vacation Rental. The property is extremely clean and well maintained. Owner is very friendly and easy to communicate with through texting. Bed is very comfortable and bathroom is spacious. It is great value for money and we could certainly come back if we visit Hilo again.
- I love this place.It is very comfort and convenience. Nice and clean
Top Guest Houses In Honomu The Big Island Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Honomu The Big Island to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Honomu The Big Island but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Honomu The Big Island. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!