10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Helguera Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Helguera Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Helguera Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Helguera Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Helguera Cantabria. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Helguera Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Helguera Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Helguera Cantabria:
Posada El Arrabal
Offering both rooms and apartments, Posada El Arrabal is a traditional stone house located in Arenas de Iguña. All the air-conditioned accommodations at this cozy guest house features free Wi-Fi.Each bright room has colorful rustic or modern décor, a private balcony and a TV. The private bathroom includes a bath tub or shower. The apartments also offer a living room with a sofa bed and a kitchenette with an oven, ceramic hob and kitchenware.The guest house has a spacious air-conditioned lounge with a fireplace and sofas, as well as a dining room on the ground floor.Trains to Santander leave from Arenas de Igunya Train Station, 500 feet from the property. You can reach the charming village of Santillana del Mar in 30 minutes by car from Posada El Arrabal. Santander is 31 mi away.
- Gladys was so welcoming and friendly,she gave us an apartment which was very comfortable and spacious.
- Cleanliness. Well equipped kitchen. Comfy beds. Very friendly owner. Great bars to eat in nearby.
The owner is one of the most enthusiastic hosts I have ever met – but I couldn’t understand any Spanish. He then arranged for a friend to come and interpret for us so that we could get settled in. The room was absolutely fantastic and was fitted out to a very high standard. It was warm, comfortable and welcoming – just what was required on a cold, snowy January evening.
The hotel does not have any facilities for evening meals though there is a bar next door (with average quality food) and another restaurant (not visited) elsewhere in the village. There is, however, a very welcoming lounge with (on the evening) a roaring fire and English TV should it be required.
Breakfast was truly continental – coffee, toast, juice and spreads.
A word of warning to those (like me) that do not read all of the booking information. Take cash – the hotel (like the bar next door) does not accept credit cards. There are a few ATMs in the village (thankfully).
- After leaving the Ferry port in Santander, this accommodation was the ideal distance for our onward travel through Spain. Beautifully decorated rooms, cosy lounge with open fire. Breakfast was served in a pleasant room on china crockery. Staff were extremely friendly. Nearby bars and restaurants.
- The hotel is nicely located in the village and the village is just off the motorway and easy to find. Although parking is not a feature of the hotel, cars can be parked in a safe area near the town hall (and visible from the hotel).
Posada Rural Ochohermanas
Posada Rural Ochohermanas is in the village of Las Fraguas, 30 minutes’ drive from Santander Airport. Set in gardens, it offers a free Wi-Fi zone and free parking.All rooms are heated and soundproofed. They feature wooden floors, a desk and flat-screen TV. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and free toiletries. Suites are available with a spa bath and seating area.A buffet breakfast is served in the mornings and there is a TV lounge with a fireplace. You will find restaurants nearby and there is a table and chairs in the garden.Tourist information is available and there is easy access to the A67 Motorway. Alto Campo Ski Resort is a 45-minute drive away and the Ochohermanas offers ski storage.
We had a cosy night in front of a real fire. Village is in a valley set in Mountains with great views. Location is quiet and ideal to catch ferry from Santandar (35 minutes drive at 8:30 in the morning). The village is off A67 and served by railway (station is opposite the property). BUT there is no noise from these.
Staff were friendly & helpful.
- Friendly & welcoming staff. Very convenient for overnight stop on way from Santander Ferry to Southern Spain; 5 minutes off the A 67. Comfortable beds.
- It was a small quaint hotel, within a 40 minute drive of Santander, with lots of character a pleasant surprise. I even had a choice of bedroom, all of which were different.
- Stunning Old House in a fantastic rural location surrounded by hills. The place was clean, tidy and a nice guest lounge. Excellent welcome by the owners. Overall a great stay and I intend to return for a longer trip. I really need to explore the area on my cycle.
- Tolle Bewirtung. Orlando, der Pächter, macht seine Arbeit sehr gut. Wir kommen wieder!
- We had a cosy night in front of a real fire. Village is in a valley set in Mountains with great views. Location is quiet and ideal to catch ferry from Santandar (35 minutes drive at 8:30 in the morning). The village is off A67 and served by railway (station is opposite the property). BUT there is no noise from these.
Hotel Posada del Pas
The charming Posada del Pas is a colonial-style house with palm trees, gardens, a swimming pool and tennis court. It is surrounded by green hills and offers spectacular views.The Posada del Pas is in the Pas Valley, in the Cantabrian town of San Vicente de Toranzo. Santander is around 19 miles away.Guests enjoy free outdoor and garage parking at the Posada. There is a bar and a restaurant, serving international meals.All of the rooms at the Posada del Pas are heated. They feature cable TV and a private bathroom with hairdryer.
- This was a Nice and good Place. Thank you for it all, Ellie & John
- Wonderful family atmosphere. Very good value for money.
- Staff were lovely, welcoming, friendly & obliging. The location & scenery were stunning. Dogs made very welcome, would stay again as only 45 minutes from ferry. Did us a late snack which was very reasonable. Great wine.
- Location. Reason for stay was to run in the mountains
- La posada es bonita y la mujer es bastante amable.
Casa Paulino is located in the village of Barros de Buelna in the mountain and coastal region of Cantabria. It offers free Wi-Fi and local wine served at the restaurant.Rooms made of wood and stones are equipped with TV and wardrobe.This guest house has its own restaurant and bar that offers local meals. There is also free parking.Torrelavega is 10 minutes’ drive away and the prehistoric caves of Altamira are 20 minutes’ drive. The airport is 22 mi away, in the city of Santander.
- Location great with parking beside entrance which is off the main road. Bedroom was beautiful with old beams and exposed brickwork. totally unique decor.
- The hostesses were wonderful. The hostal was charming, the location was beautiful in the mountains of northern Spain. Both the dinner and breakfast were very good. It is an excellent value.
- Lovely wooden structured rooms. Comfy beds. Clean and quirky.
Location, room was nice and very clean
Good selection of restaurants nearby
We were the only people staying there for the night but they opened the restaurant especially for us and we had a lovely 3 course meal for 15 euros which included a bottle of water and a bottle of wine. Breakfast was included but was a bit disappointing as there was only coffee, orange juice and a toasted roll with jam.
The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. There were sachets of shower gel and shampoo but no soap.
It’s just a few minutes off the motorway and an ideal stop for the ferry. Well worth the money.
Hotel El Golobar
Hotel El Golobar is located in Reinosa, 16 mi from Alto de Campoo Ski Resort and an hour away from the beach at Comillas. Free WiFi, free private parking and ski storage are offered.The comfortable rooms are heated and feature a flat-screen TV, desk and wardrobe. All private bathrooms have a shower.The hotel restaurant serves traditional Cantabrian food and features a set lunch menu. Packed lunches are also available on request. There are 2 lounges with TVs and a reading area, as well as a bar with a terrace where guests can enjoy tapas.Set in the Campoo Los Valles region, El Golobar is a 10 minute drive from Nestares Golf Club. The hotel is 47 mi from Santander. Guests benefit from special discounts for the ski station.
- Nice and kind staff… Cleanliness… Early breakfast options offered… Easy to park… Excellent heating
- Convenient stop over, having arrived on the ferry at Santander at 7pm. Ready for the long drive south next day. I arrived late due to heavy snow but welcome food and drink was still available. Very friendly staff, although language barrier was a problem.
- Good location reasonable prices staff friendly and helpful food good
Good spainish food
- Nice little hotel if little out of the way on an industrial estate. No-one spoke English but we managed fine. comfortable room which was also quite warm considering the snowstorm outside. Staff actually very pleasant and helpful. One of the better ones I have stayed in over the years. Food excellent – perhaps a little pricey. Recommend and would stay again.
Featuring a garden and free Wi-Fi throughout, Casa Velarde is a 17th-century guest house located in Viernoles, just 3.1 mi from Torrelavega. Comillas Beach is a 30-minute drive away.This charming property features exposed stone walls and wooden beams. Its rustic-style rooms come with a wardrobe, flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a bath or shower and hairdryer. There is a shared lounge area and a breakfast buffet is served daily.Surrounded by valleys, Casa Velarde is well situate for outdoor activities such as hiking and trekking.Dunas de Liencres Nature Reserve is 20 minutes’ drive away. Santander Airpor is 19 mi from the property. There is free private parking on site.
- Lovely building, beautiful location, great hostess, very comfortable
- It was conveniently located off of the highway and there was on-site parking.
- Very convenient for an overnight stop, about 30 minutes travel from Santander ferry terminal. Charming old property with a lot of family history. Helpful friendly host. Good restaurant within 10-15 minutes walk.
Traditional Spanish accommodation with secure parking within easy reach of Santander before the ferry home. Pleasant village setting and easy to find with directions given. Unfortunately the local bar/ restaurant was closed.
The owner was welcoming and spoke some English. Our room was on the ground floor but there was no private area to sit outside so we felt we were sitting more in family space although our host was happy for us to use the courtyard table.
The bathroom was a wet room equipped for disabled use which we hadn’t specifically requested and was in need of some updating.
- Wonderful staff – the lady was very pleasant and the breakfast was tasty. The place has a retro Spanish villa look, with antique furniture etc. etc., with pleasant coolness in the room. The room was cleaned every day.
Posada La Fuentona de Ruente
Posada La Fuentona de Ruente is located in the small town of Ruente, in Cantabria’s Saja-Nansa Nature Reserve. It offers free Wi-Fi and rooms with flat-screen TV and satellite channels.All rooms at the Fuentona de Ruente have central heating. The private bathrooms come with a hairdryer.Ruente has a Roman Bridge which is located next to the Posada. It is a 15-minute drive to the beaches of Comillas.
- Posada with a lot of charm, very nicely furnished and decorated and a lovely garden to spend end of evenings. Location as well is very interesting and proved to be very easy to join both the Ocean coast, wonderful beaches and the interior with gorgeous Picos de Europa for example. I spent an excellent time en la Posada Fuentona and much of it due to the lovely host Esperanza.
- It was clean the the lady was very nice, she helped out with any doubts and was very polite
- Very well appointed and in an excellent setting. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fine, typical Spanish (coffee, toast, orange juice, ham, cheese, cake) which is what we expected. The don’t serve evening meals but the bar / restaurant directly opposite was good.
- Todo. Confort, camas comodisimas, amabilidad de Esperanza, la dueña. TODO TODO TODO.
- La ubicación es perfecta, al lado de la carretera y pegada a la fuentona. El desayuno muy correcto con zumo natural de naranja recién exprimido. Las habitaciones muy limpias y espaciosas. Y la relación calidad precio es recomendable.
Posada La Anjana
Featuring rooms with views of the hills or the Pas River, Posada La Anjana is 0.6 mi from Puente Viesgo’s caves. Surrounded by lush gardens, it offers easy access to the Vía Verde del Pas cycling route.Posada La Anjana’s individually decorated rooms have a balcony and a flat-screen TV. The private bathroom includes free toiletries.Traditional Cantabrian cuisine is served in the Anjana’s rustic restaurant, which offers views of the surrounding countryside. The guest house also has a café and a library, and free Wi-Fi is available on the ground floor.The Puente Viesgo Springs are nearby, and discounts are available for entry and treatments. There are also discounts for the Cabárceno Nature Reserve. La Anjana also offers bicycle rental.The beaches of the Cantabrian Sea can be reached in 35 minutes by car. The ferry terminal in Santander is 22 mi away.
- In the mountains, by a river, near the caves. Dog friendly hotel. Garden. All good
- Lovely little quaint hotel , my third visit , great location for a twenty mile drive to or from Santander port..they don’t speak a word of English ,I don’t speak a word of Spanish but we all got on great and value for money it is inbeatable,have their late dinner and breakfast amazing value
- Lovely hotel in a beautiful location. Lovely walk along the river and fascinating Neanderthal caves to visit. A special place.
This is a great location if you are coming off a late ferry to Santander. I have stayed here twice travelling by car and the motorbike. Why? Because the route from here to Burgos is a scenic journey if the weather is good.
The Hotel is clean. Well positioned. Good parking for bikes. Breakfast is typically Spanish and good. However overall it’s pricey for what you get. Nonetheless I would stay again for the convenience and the scenic ride (weather permitting)
- Within easy access of Santander and very easy to find (sat nav took us to the door). This early in the year, the two couples traveling together we’re the only guests. But this did not matter. Rooms were warm, food was excellent, views were stunning and there were areas nearby to walk the dog.
Posada La Braniza
Featuring free WiFi, Posada la Braniza is located in Vega de Pas. This guest house offers free breakfast, a restaurant and bar on site, barbecue facilities and a shared terrace.Each heated room at this guest house has 1 double or 2 single beds, a flat-screen TV, and closet. The private bathroom comes with a spa bath or shower. All rooms have access to a balcony.There is a shared lounge at this property where guests can relax, as well as a garden. An array of activities can be arranged on site or in the surroundings, including hiking.The Pas River is 650 feet from Posada La Braniza, and Collados del Ason Nature Reserve can be reached in 5 minutes by car.
- Nice quite location and comfortable. Good stop for your way out or back from the Spain UK ferry. Everyone was pleasant. Excellent value
- View from the room was amazing!!! The room spacious and clean, everything was perfect for pur stay. We had a lovely time over there. I recommend this place as you can have a taste of local food and environment. Thank you!
Lovely property, huge bed, all facilities we needed. Very quiet, great location for touring the area. Lots of eating choice in the village. Breakfast was very good and served by a cheerful and helpful lady.
Extremely good value for money
Lovely house, and somewhere to eat not far away (tapas).
In small rustic village with amenities, shop, 2 bars, bakery etc.
- Everything. Charming rural village in beautiful mountain countryside.
Posada de Cabrojo
This rural guesthouse is in the heart of Cantabria, 7 miles from Comillas Beach and 28 miles from Santander. Free Wi-Fi and free private parking are both available.The Posada de Cabrojo has a quiet location on the banks of the Saja River. The Saja-Besaya Natural Park is only 6 miles away and the Soplao Caves are within 9 miles. Santillana del Mar is also a 10-minute drive away.All rooms at the Posada de Cabrojo have private bathrooms, with bathroom amenities. They are spacious and include a work desk.Traditional Cantabrian meals are served in the Hotel Valle de Cabezón restaurant, right across from the Posada. The Posada front desk is also in the Valle de Cabezón Hotel.The Posada is surrounded by grounds and has a nice terrace. There is also a reading room.
- The bed is very comfortable, good matress. Staff is very friendly.
- Excellent food. Comprehensive breakfast. Friendly staff, who spoke English, making life easier. Good value for movey.
- Great location, lovely family run accommodation couldn’t be more helpful. Need to have a car, brilliant stop for visiting the area
- La habitación acogedora y la gente muy agradable, desayuno bastante bueno
- El desayuno el mejor que hemos probado, todo de calidad.
Top Guest Houses In Helguera Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Helguera Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Helguera Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Helguera Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!