10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In El Collado Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
El Collado Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in El Collado Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in El Collado Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in El Collado Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in El Collado Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in El Collado Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In El Collado Basque Country:
Located in Mutiloa, Mutiloako Ostatua features a terrace, shared lounge, bar, and free WiFi. Featuring a tour desk, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. Guests can enjoy mountain views.At the guesthouse, each room comes with a closet. Every room comes with a private bathroom equipped with a shower and free toiletries, while selected rooms here will provide you with a kitchenette.Cycling and hiking are among the activities that guests of Mutiloako Ostatua can find nearby.The nearest airport is Vitoria Airport, 38 miles from the property.
- The rooms are basic but clean and functional. A small kitchen provides a fridge and microwave and a sitting room with T V to use in common with other guests. Great location for walking. Dog- friendly.
Good sized room with shared kitchenette and sitting area.
Room was comfortable and the towels in the bathroom very good quality.
Food in restaurant was varied and very good quality.
- The surroundings, the rooms, the staff, all really.
Price and comfort, easy safe parking. Ni
ce to sit outings the terrace and enjoy a beer from the Donostia local brewery on tap
Lo amable q es el
Personal. Que son pet friendly. Nos prepararon una cena estupenda. Vamos q pienso repetir
Zezilionea is located in Olaberría, just off the A-1 Motorway connecting Madrid with Irún. Surrounded by mountains, it has a traditional Basque restaurant with a terrace.The rooms at Zezilionea feature free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Each one has views of the town square or of the mountains.The hotel is surrounded by beautiful countryside, and the Aralar Park is just 7 minutes’ drive away. You can drive to San Sebastián in around 30 minutes.
- Everything was perfect restaurant food out of this world delicious ,,staff so helpful and happy
- Top class restaurant . Both Dinner and Breakfast were excellent. Very close to many walking routes . Only 1 hour drive from Bilbao.
- Large very comfortable twin beds. large room with huge tv. Nice buzzy bar with covered outdoor seating. Free safe parking outside. Excellent meal, although not cheap. Dog allowed all areas.
- Everything – especially the location, staff and quality of the food and wine.
- the waitress /receptionist at breakfast made us omelettes: when travelling with a diabetic all the bread and croissants can be a problem. Dinner was excellent with good jamon , oxtail and steak. The location is good once you have found it.
Set next to the Arantzazu Sanctuary, Goiko-Benta Ostatua is a traditional Basque country house. Offering free Wi-Fi and a restaurant, this guest house has impressive views of the surrounding countryside.Each heated room has simple modern décor and a TV. The modern private bathrooms come with a shower.Traditional Basque dishes are served in Goiko-Benta Ostatua’s restaurant, often using products from the property’s own vegetable garden. You can also enjoy a meal outside during the summer, on the terrace, overlooking the surrounding countryside. The property also features a cozy bar with a fireplace, as well as lounge areas.Staff at the property can give you tourist information, as well as advice on hiking and climbing in the surrounding area. Aitzkorri Aratz Nature Reserve is next to the guest house. Bilbao and San Sebastian are both around an hour’s drive away.
- This ten room family run hotel / restaurant was fabulous. The half board rate was very reasonable and we were looked after with great care and attention. Wonderful, professionally prepared dinner with a good choice of dishes. Beautifully laid out breakfast. Fascinating 500 year old building. Our room was of course in the new section. It was small but adequate. Gorgeous views over the roof of the Arantzazu (Brutalist style) church and surrounding, very alpine, countryside.
- Arriving to this historic hilltop guest house, we were greeted by a charming property and its owners. With beautiful views of the Sanctuary and mountains, it exceeded our expectations. The public areas have beautiful antique pieces, while the rooms have been recently renovated and sport great bathrooms and crisp linens in a contemporary design. The restaurant is a MUST, having an innovative, delicious menu in a room with stone walls, fireplace, beams and glistening floors. In the US, Goiko-Bento would be called a “boutique hotel”. If you are looking for a quiet respite in a tour of Northern Spain, you will not be disappointed.
We absolutely loved this place! There was nothing we could fault. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable. The owners were fantastic, they were able to answer all the questions that we had about the area and they suggested good places to visit.
We highly recommend the hotel restaurant. We ate there twice and the food and wine was excellent!
Would definitely stay again!
Charming, traditional and peaceful boutique hotel in the middle of the mountains, between Bilbao and San Sabastian.
I have discovered a fantastic little village thanks to booking this hotel ! Arantzazu has a fantastic view over the mountains, plenty of trails to walk in the forets and mountains, and a bizarre but superb modern church really worth the visit !
The house is full of characters, with beams, stones and plenty of old furniture and nicely decorated. The rooms are located in the modern part of the building and fully functionning and clean. Great view from the windows as the hotel is on top of the village.
Dinner and breakfast are fantastic with local products and great cooking, a must have at a good price! Friendly staff.
- This property is set in a sanctuary and as such is very peaceful and the natural surroundings are magnificent, quiet and serene. The room was spotlessly clean and a very comfortable bed. Breakfast and dinner in the restaurant were delicious.
Agroturismo Ibarre is located in the Basque country village of Antzuola, within a 40-minute drive of Bilbao, San Sebastián and Vitoria. This charming country house has a lounge with a fireplace, TV and sofas.The rooms at Agroturismo Ibarre feature wooden floors and rustic décor. Each one has free Wi-Fi, a TV and a private bathroom. Some rooms have a private terrace.The property serves a daily breakfast including homemade and local products such as homemade jams, fresh fruit and eggs from the property. This is available for an extra cost.Staff can provide information about what to see and do in the surrounding area. There are many great hiking routes nearby.
- The room, the bed, the facility overall were all lovely. The setting was quiet. The town was beautiful. We enjoyed the balcony. The bathroom was good. Everything was clean.
- Spotless clean, very tasteful and confortable with great care from the hosts.
- A beautiful building and a clean vast room with wooden floors. A big shower room and clean white sheets on beds. It was a great surprise indeed after long hours of drive.
- Loved this family run guest house in a really nice little village. Hosts we’re wonderful!
- everything was nice,loved the quaint old-fashioned door to enter particularly!! Will definitely use it again if needed when next visiting Antzuola!
Agroturismo La Casa Vieja
Surrounded by nature, Agroturismo La Casa Vieja is located in Vitoria-Gasteiz. This guest house offers a garden, barbecue facilities and a terrace.Featuring exposed wooden beams, each room at Agroturismo La Casa Vieja comes with free WiFi, a TV with cable channels and a desk. The private bathroom includes a shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries.Other facilities offered at the property include a shared lounge, a games room and a children’s playground. The property offers free parking.The guest house is 8.2 mi from Bus Station, 6.6 mi from Fernando Buesa Arena and 8.3 mi from ARTIUM-Basque Contemporary Art Center-Museum. Bilbao Airport is 34 mi away.
- I had a very clean and tidy room. The decoration was very tasteful.
- Lagun koadrila joan ginen eta gustura egon ginen. Gosari ona. Arabako Lautadaren inguruan gauza asko egin daitezke.
- Little Gem that is out in the countryside. Quiet and tranquil
- Set in beautiful countryside. Tasty breakfast and a very helpful landlady
- Evereything was just perfect. Spotlesly clean and beautiful house
With easy access to the A1 Motorway, Izar-Ondo is located in Arbizu, in the Sakana Valley. It offers simple, modern rooms with a private bathroom, flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi.The rooms at Izar-Ondo feature parquet floors and soft tones. Each one has a work desk and a hairdryer. Some rooms have a private balcony.The hotel’s restaurant serves traditional Basque food, using ingredients from its own farmland. There is also a café where you can get a snack or a drink.The Urbasa y Andía Nature Reserve is just 10 minutes’ drive away. You can drive to the city of Pamplona in around 30 minutes.
- Excellent restaurant, serving high quality fresh local food for a good price. Very friendly staff.
- Excelent. Large room, facilities, very good breakfast
Good breakfast that we had booked and only Euros 3.50 each with large choice continental style.
Food in bar or restaurant excellent and good local wines.
- I spent a great time there. The receptionist was very nice and helpful. She provided me with all information I need. I ‘ll come back sure
- The room was neat, the staff really did work, I would prefer more information at the restaurant in English. The food I tried was good.
Located in Arrasate – Mondragon, 25 mi from Bilbao, Pension Uxarte features free WiFi access and free private parking. The guest house has a seasonal outdoor pool and water sports facilities, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.The rooms are equipped with a TV with satellite channels. Some units include views of the mountains or pool. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hair dryer.The area is popular for horse riding and cycling. The guest house also offers bike hire. Vitoria-Gasteiz is 18 mi from Hostal Uxarte, while Zarautz is 22 mi from the property. Bilbao Airport is 25 mi away.
- Super helpful staff and nice restaurant. Looking forward to A’s comments on the countries’ policy.
- Very friendly and professional and helpful staff! We will be back for sure! And the food and desserts amazing !
Super location with stunning views. Big swimmingpool – Superfriendly staff – Nice trails just outside the door.
The rooms with terraces are something extra.
Red wino in big glasses served cold. Exactly how we drink it at home.
Great view. We are just sorry not having more time to explore the area.
- Приветливый персонал, очень красивый вид из окон на горы.
Offering an outdoor swimming pool and a restaurant, Izarre is a stone house located in the Basque village of Errezil. Set in gardens, it offers rustic-style rooms with free WiFi.Each heated room features exposed stone walls and wooden beams, with a TV and wardrobe. The private bathroom comes with free toiletries and a hairdryer.Basque cuisine, prepared with produce from the vegetable garden, is served in the on-site restaurant. There is also a cider bar where guests can sample Basque ciders.San Sebastián is located a 40-minute drive from Izarre, via the A1 Motorway, while Bilbao can be reached in an hour. Free private parking is offered on site.
Wonderful location at the foot of Mount Ernio. The staff is excellent. Good food at reasonable prices (don’t miss the soup!) and pets are allowed. Our dog enjoyed the stay as much as we did. We will come back.
Don’t expect sophistication, expect authentic Basque traditional hospitality.
No English spoken.
- The hotel is very well placed when you are looking for peace and nature! The area is beautiful, the room are nice/clean and the people working there are nice too.
- Amazing mountain getaway. Very isolated and beautiful. Has a pool but this is a bit run down.
- nothing why say that english spoken here when no body does very awkward
- Its a lovely place with a nice view of the valley.
- Wonderful location at the foot of Mount Ernio. The staff is excellent. Good food at reasonable prices (don’t miss the soup!) and pets are allowed. Our dog enjoyed the stay as much as we did. We will come back.
Located in Azpeitia, Pensión Otola provides free WiFi. Among the various facilities are a garden, a terrace, as well as a bar. A tour desk can provide information on the area.The rooms in the guesthouse are equipped with a flat-screen TV. With a shared bathroom, certain accommodations at Pensión Otola also offer a balcony.San Sebastián is 25 miles from the accommodation, while Zarautz is 15 miles away. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 36 miles from the property.
- It was beautifully decorated and the hostess was extremely helpful and friendly. A very peaceful place.
It is clean although we had to use shared bathroom and toilet.
The landlord is nice although she doesn’t speak English.
The interior look is nice with tasteful decoration.
- The rooms are clean and well equipped. Bathrooms were clean. Towels were supplied. Comfortable room.
- The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pension was very clean and the food and wine were good.
- Everything was perfect. The staff, the facilities, the surroundings and probably the best of everything was the mattress and of course Mertxe, so kind, helpful and friendly. Great stay and highly recommended.
Located 2.2 mi from the town of Azkoitia, Agroturismo Zulueta offers rooms with heating and free WiFi.Exposed stone walls and wooden beams lend a rustic décor to this guest house with a shared kitchen and a lounge. Barbecue facilities are available outside.The rooms have a TV, wardrobe, and a private bathroom with a shower. Hairdryers are provided.The coastal town of Zumaia is a 20-minute drive from the property, while San Sebastian and Bilbao are 50 minutes away by car.
- Host was very nice and accommodating of our late arrival
- Amazing area, beautiful location. Very clean and nice rooms
Lovely and helpful hostess/owner who shared interesting visitor maps. The property is stunningly beautiful, and located in one of the most beautiful and spectacular valleys I have ever visited! Total peace and serenity. The property is a family home built from local rocks and wood which creates a personal, cozy and rustic atmosphere. The beautiful dog (fastened in the dog house) also adds value to the homely feel.
Huge bathroom and enormous bedroom with comfortable, large bed, huge closet and traditional furniture. Breathtaking views of the mountains and valleys, wauw! Lovely outdoor patio with spacious tables and benches, and fabulous view as well.
- A beautiful rural setting to which we were welcomed by a very friendly host. Our room was warm and spacious next to a large open area that had a seating area around a fire which we lit. Good kitchen facilities to cook for ourselves knowing there was no food available. Breakfast was adequate when supplemented by our own provisions.
- Lovely location in the forest of Zulueta. The host was very friendly and keen to make our stay comfortable. The room was big, clean and comfortable.
Top Guest Houses In El Collado Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in El Collado Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in El Collado Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in El Collado Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!