10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In El Barcenal Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
El Barcenal Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in El Barcenal Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in El Barcenal Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in El Barcenal Cantabria. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in El Barcenal Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in El Barcenal Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In El Barcenal Cantabria:
Posada La Bolera
Set in the small village of San Vicente del Monte, 7.5 mi from the beautiful beaches on the Cantabrian Coast, this rural inn offers a bar and rustic-style rooms.Located in a quiet area, rooms at Posada La Bolera offer pleasant views and plenty of natural light. Each one includes a TV and a private bathroom.Hiking can be practiced nearby and you can also visit an ancient Roman road. The charming fishing villages of Comillas or San Vicente de la Barquera are 20 minutes’ drive away. Santander is 33 mi of the Posada La Bolera.
- Bea was an excellent hostess. Although there was a language barrier, we still managed to communicate. Despite the fact that I am handicapped, I never felt at risk because she was always close by. The food was excellent and she even sampled us some local dishes. We plan on staying again when we go back for the walk. The village was lovely as well and we enjoyed our walk together. Thanks you so much for a lovely time!
Un alojamiento al que volveríamos sin duda, ubicado en un lugar muy tranquilo y bonito en el que poder desconectar.
Todo muy limpio, el trato excelente, los desayunos muy buenos…
Trato agradable por parte de la propietaria, siempre disponible y amable.
Buena ubicación, cerca de San Vicente de la Barquera. Instalaciones correctas con habitaciones confortables
- Es un lugar privilegiado. El entorno te engancha y los dueños muy cercanos… vamos como en casa. Volveremos seguro.
- La posada aunque esta algo retirada tiene una ubicacion excelente para ir a conocer la zona,la recomiendo y además volveremos.
Posada Punta Liñera
Posada Punta Liñera is set within a country estate, 1.2 mi from San Vicente de la Barquera town center. It offers rooms with private bathrooms and flat-screen TVs.The Punta Liñera has simple, country-style décor. Its heated rooms have DVD players and desks.Guests can relax on the Liñera’s furnished terrace, which offers views of the Bay of Biscay and the countryside. There is also a lounge area with a TV and a small library. Free Wi-Fi is available here.A continental breakfast is served in the Punta Liñera’s dining room.There is a selection of popular seafood restaurants in San Vicente’s old town, 20 minutes’ walk from the hotel.The beaches at La Braña are just over 1.2 mi from the Posada. The Picos de Europa National Park can be reached in 35 minutes by car.
- This is the perfect place in a cute small town to get away from it all!
If one enjoys BREATHTAKING and STUNNING vistas it doesn’t get any better than Posada Punta Linera!
A close second is the helpfulness and sweetness of Bia (the daughter of one of the proprietors).
The accommodations are fine and well appropriate to the reasonable cost.
- This place is a big nice surprise ! It is out of the city but the position is special , close to the ocean! No words to describe ! Wonderful value for money ! We want to come back in the future !
- What a beautiful location, with a great view on the sea, close to the beautiful center of San Vicente. Nice walk down to the sea from the hotel. Nice shower.
- Beautiful location, wonderful house, friendly staff. I wish I could have stayed longer. I will definitely go back. Highly recommended.
Hosteria El Corralucu
El Corralucu has a quiet, rural setting in the village of Serdio, 1.2 mi from Val de San Vicente Beach. Set in a country house, it offers rooms with free Wi-Fi.This guest house features traditional décor with beamed ceilings and tiled floors. Each room has a TV and a private bathroom. All accommodations offers views of the beautiful Cantabrian countryside.Breakfast is served in the Corralucu’s dining room and there is also a bar in the guest house. Guests can make use of the property’s barbecue facilities, located on the terrace.Local attractions include Serdio’s 12th-century Estrada Tower and the Soplao Caves are a 20-minute drive away. Santander is 31 mi from the guest house.
- This was a quaint pension located in a small village that provided all the necessary amenities. It was run by a family and we were treated extremely graciously.
- This is a pretty rural home in Pendueles in which the owner has 4 roomy bedrooms each with their own washrooms & shower. The rooms are spacious with great windows and farm views. Right on the Northern Camino Route & near the restaurants & sole little grocery. Didn’t see the owner after checkin and so had full use of her patio and yard.
- The room was good value for money, spacious and had everything you need
- Simple place to stay in the middle of nowhere. Lovely warm and friendly hostess and host. Great value for money.
- Beautiful view from our room. Basic breakfast was included, the fresh orange juice was very refreshing.
Posada Restaurante Prada a Tope
Posada Restaurante Prada a Tope is located in the Cantabrian village of Treceño. It is a country house with an outdoor pool offering free Wi-Fi and rooms with flat-screen TV.All rooms at the Prada a Tope have original features such as wooden beams. They are equipped with central heating and the private bathrooms come with a hairdryer.The Posada’s restaurant serves home-cooked Cantabrian food. There is also a bar where you can get a snack or a drink.The countryside surrounding the hotel is popular for mountain biking, and the hotel offers bicycle rental services. In the autumn, it also organizes mushroom-hunting excursions.The Posada is just 15 minutes’ drive from the beach, as well as two golf courses. It is easily accessible from the A-8 Motorway, which runs across Spain’s north coast to San Sebastián.
- The location was conveniently close to the motorway and other main routes
- Very much a restaurant with rooms. The menu choices were limited to a few speciality dishes that were extremely well prepared. The Blonde loved the pool
- Hospitality, pool, location quite close to altamira
- Great parking and excellent wifi. Clean rooms and very comfortable bed. Easy to find and other bars and restaurants walkable. Good restaurant serving all meals.
- Cómodo, limpio, y muy bien decorado en general, el menú que tenían no lo probamos pero tenía un pinton!
Posada La Fuentona de Ruente
Posada La Fuentona de Ruente is located in the small town of Ruente, in Cantabria’s Saja-Nansa Nature Reserve. It offers free Wi-Fi and rooms with flat-screen TV and satellite channels.All rooms at the Fuentona de Ruente have central heating. The private bathrooms come with a hairdryer.Ruente has a Roman Bridge which is located next to the Posada. It is a 15-minute drive to the beaches of Comillas.
- Posada with a lot of charm, very nicely furnished and decorated and a lovely garden to spend end of evenings. Location as well is very interesting and proved to be very easy to join both the Ocean coast, wonderful beaches and the interior with gorgeous Picos de Europa for example. I spent an excellent time en la Posada Fuentona and much of it due to the lovely host Esperanza.
- It was clean the the lady was very nice, she helped out with any doubts and was very polite
- Very well appointed and in an excellent setting. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fine, typical Spanish (coffee, toast, orange juice, ham, cheese, cake) which is what we expected. The don’t serve evening meals but the bar / restaurant directly opposite was good.
- Todo. Confort, camas comodisimas, amabilidad de Esperanza, la dueña. TODO TODO TODO.
- La ubicación es perfecta, al lado de la carretera y pegada a la fuentona. El desayuno muy correcto con zumo natural de naranja recién exprimido. Las habitaciones muy limpias y espaciosas. Y la relación calidad precio es recomendable.
Posada de Cabrojo
This rural guesthouse is in the heart of Cantabria, 7 miles from Comillas Beach and 28 miles from Santander. Free Wi-Fi and free private parking are both available.The Posada de Cabrojo has a quiet location on the banks of the Saja River. The Saja-Besaya Natural Park is only 6 miles away and the Soplao Caves are within 9 miles. Santillana del Mar is also a 10-minute drive away.All rooms at the Posada de Cabrojo have private bathrooms, with bathroom amenities. They are spacious and include a work desk.Traditional Cantabrian meals are served in the Hotel Valle de Cabezón restaurant, right across from the Posada. The Posada front desk is also in the Valle de Cabezón Hotel.The Posada is surrounded by grounds and has a nice terrace. There is also a reading room.
- The bed is very comfortable, good matress. Staff is very friendly.
- Excellent food. Comprehensive breakfast. Friendly staff, who spoke English, making life easier. Good value for movey.
- Great location, lovely family run accommodation couldn’t be more helpful. Need to have a car, brilliant stop for visiting the area
- La casa es preciosa y se respira tranquilidad. En verano debe ser muy agradable pasar allí unos días.
El trato familiar del personal
Relación calidad precio
Muy buena situación para visitar Cantabria
Posibilidad de comer y cenar a precios más que razonables.
Hostería El Cruce
Located a 2-minute walk from the center of Cabezón de la Sal, Hostería El Cruce features a breakfast buffet, free Wi-Fi and free private parking.Rooms here offer a flat-screen TV, a wardrobe, and a private bathroom with a bath.Other property facilities include a bar, and a shared lounge.A number of restaurants, cafés, bars, and shops can be found within a 5-minute walk.Cabezón de la Sal Train Station is a 7-minute walk, and Santander Airport is 27 mi away.
- Ana es una mujer encantadora, el lugar, el trato…ha sido fantástico. Volveremos sin duda
- La recepcionista un encanto y el hotel está muy bien. A la entrada del pueblo,cómodo y buen desayuno. Para repetir si visitamos la zona otra vez.
- Ubicacion estupenda, sin problemas de aparcamientos, a dos minutos a pie del centro del pueblo y zonas de bares. El trato de las personas que me atendieron inmejorable, Eva la chica de receccion un encanto, atenta, amable y en todo momento un trato cordial y cercano. Lo recomiendo
Habitación muy limpia con cama estupenda.
- El personal muy amable. Ubicación muy próxima a la autopista
Nuestra Señora del Carmen
Nuestra Señora del Carmen is offering accommodations in San Sebastián de Garabandal. Featuring a tour desk, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. Free WiFi is available.At the guesthouse, each room is equipped with a closet. Rooms contain a private bathroom and a shower, while selected rooms include a balcony.A continental breakfast is available every morning at Nuestra Señora del Carmen.San Vicente de la Barquera is 22 miles from the accommodation, while Comillas is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 48 miles from Nuestra Señora del Carmen.
- Location, in village and next to church. Lucia was great. Good place for a retreat. Would return.
- This is a particularly good place to stay if you are interested in the apparitions of Garabandal. The owner is a cousin of one of the visionaries. The staff is extremely kind and considerate. The meals are good and well worth the price. The facility is next door to the pilgrim center.
- It was umbeknown to us but fortunately, it was a “pension” , with home made food. Otherwise, no where else to get food……. Best location for a pilgrimage – right next to church and the miraculous locations of everything happened at Garabandal. Must visit – see what it was like – the village more or less preserved from 1962
- A wonderful Hospederia in the center of the village right next to the church. Guests are treated like family and the home cooked meals are superb. Breakfasts are a little on the thin side, however, so prepare yourself for a long wait till the 2pm lunch! Rooms are comfortable and clean and the location couldn’t be better.
- Great hotel right next to church and close to the pines.
One of our top picks in Santillana del Mar.Posada Araceli is set in Santillana del Mar, 2,950 feet from the famous Altamira Cave and 150 feet from the old town. Set in gardens, this mountain-style building offers free WiFi.The heated rooms at the Araceli have a flat-screen TV and wooden floors. Some have wooden beams, fridge and a kettle, all private bathrooms come with a hairdryer and amenities.A continental breakfast is served at the Posada Araceli and room service is available.There is a lounge with a fireplace, and guests can relax on the garden terrace.There is a children’s playground in front of Posada Araceli.There is a tour desk and easy access to the A8 Motorway, and Santander Airport is a 25-minute drive away. The hotel is just 3.7 mi from Suances Beach.
Staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly; they were the highlight of the stay!
Suggested a perfect day trip itinerary of places we never would have seen otherwise. Lovely garden to sit in and location by small park close to the old city, but far enough away to avoid the tourist noise. Owner’s artwork fills the posada- beautiful! Homemade cakes for breakfast. Private parking on site.
- Very compact and basic, but practical and clean; good value for money and very close to the centre of a truly wonderful little town. Breakfast is very basic too and the coffee pretty awful (having been spoiled perhaps with excellent espresso almost everywhere you go), but it’s also unusually cheap at 4 Euro and served by the most friendly staff.
The staff was helpful and went out of their way to provide us an early breakfast before we departed.
Nice garden and fun to gather outside. Very near the park and old city.
- Good location, parking available, good value for the money. We loved the original paintings throughout the posada made by the mother of the family who owns the place! Very talented!
- Tranquil setting with garden and by park. Very comfortable. Right by center.
- Staff went out of their way to be helpful and friendly; they were the highlight of the stay!
Pensión Arenal is offering accommodations in San Vicente de la Barquera. This 2-star guesthouse offers free WiFi.Llanes is 21 miles from the guesthouse. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 37 miles from Pensión Arenal.
- nicely kept room; initially a little difficult for me to find the ‘check in’ place (in a bakery) with the rooms in another (close) location; courteous, helpful staff; good location for a ‘starting point’ for further travels
- Easy check-in through the bakery, a simple and safe room with a good shower. It is located near the busy strip of the town where you can find great restaurants.
Convenient location – just off the Camino of Santiago in the town .
Room was very clean and bed was comfortable. Bathroom had plenty of hot water in a good shower.
Easy to find local bars and restaurants.
- Town centre position, convenient for shops restaurant etc.
- Lovely staff. Delicious food and situation at the Cafe Carma!
Top Guest Houses In El Barcenal Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in El Barcenal Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in El Barcenal Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in El Barcenal Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!