10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Derio Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Derio Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Derio Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Derio Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Derio Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Derio Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Derio Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Derio Basque Country:
Pensión La Salve
This comfortable guest house is a 15-minute walk from the famous Guggenheim Museum, located across the River Nervion. It offers rooms with mountain and city views and free WiFi.The heated rooms at Pensión La Salve feature simple, functional décor and have HD TV with USB connector and a private bathroom.There is a microwave for guest use and a coffee vending machine. Reception is open 24 hours.Tourist information is offered at La Salve, which is 2,650 feet from the prestigious Deusto University. The historic quarter is 15 minutes’ walk away.The Matiko metro station is 500 feet away. Bilbao Airport can be reached by car in less than 15 minutes.
- The location was central to downtown Bilbao — very close to the Guggenheim and town center. Very friendly staff, willing to accommodate our needs.
The price, the space avaliable to space out, eat or work. There were tables and chairs, tv, microwave.
The matress was very confortable too.
The manager very kind.
- The staff were very helpful. relatively good location for the Guggenheim.
- Nice location, nice staff, the parking felt secure
- Great location. Just across the river from the Guggenheim. Beautiful 15-20 minute walk along the river to the Old Quarter. Secure parking and someone at the desk 24 hours
One of our top picks in Bilbao.Casual Gurea is located in Bilbao’s old town, just 150 feet from the Cathedral and 800 feet from Abando Train Station. It offers a tour desk and rooms with free WiFi.Rooms at the Casual Gurea have heating, themed décor and wooden floors. Each has a flat-screen TV, free safe, and a private bathroom with hairdryer.The property has a shared lounge with vending machines and microwave. Services offered include bikes rental, free luggage storage and 2 computers with free internet.Casual Gurea is surrounded by various shops, bars and restaurants. You can walk to Guggenheim Museum in around 20 minutes. The nearest tram station is 400 feet away.
- The property is in an excellent location in the heart of the Old Town. It was very clean and comfortable with a great shower and good beds.
- Excellent location. Comfortable and clean. Friendly staff.
- Great location. The room is small but very well priced and comfortable.
- Everything was clean, staff super friendly and kind. Very good location
- The location can hardly be better. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean.
The family-run Pensión Paratene is set in the tranquil village of Erandio Goikoa, just 1.9 mi from Bilbao Airport. It offers countryside views, free Wi-Fi and free parking nearby.Country-style heated rooms feature wooden floors and come with either a private bathroom or shared bathroom facilities. All rooms have a work desk and a TV.Set in gardens, the Paratene has a terrace and a children’s playground. Luggage storage is offered and there is a tour desk. You can drive to central Bilbao in 10 minutes.
- Great staff, nice location if you need to be near the airport. A couple of bars and restaurants nearby.
- Convenient location for early morning flights; very comfortable beds; spotless clean bathroom and bedroom.
- Very cozy pensión in the village. Lots of space, beautiful surroundings, very friendly staff.
- Very comfortable beds.VERY EXPENSIVE @ €400 FOR ONE NIGHT (3 BEDS) & NO BREAKFAST
- It’s close to the airport and they were able to let me in as I was on a very late flight
Bilbao City Rooms
One of our best sellers in Bilbao! Located 3 minutes’ walk from the Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao City Rooms offers bright, modern rooms with free WiFi, flat-screen TV and laptop safe. There is 24-hour reception.Each spacious room is carpeted and has a mini-bar and kettle, as well as a desk and wardrobe. Rooms are heated and the private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and free toiletries.Bilbao City Rooms offers luggage storage and a laundry and dry cleaning service. Tourist information is available and there are vending machines for drinks.
- Location was excellent. We stayed there before & really liked the location…also the owner/manager Inigo was delightful as always..
- The room was clean and comfortable and the location was perfect.
- If you want a hotel close to the Bilbao Guggenheim Museum, this is a good location.
- Inigo, the manager who checked us in was fantastic. Incredibly friendly, helpful, and considerate. He made sure to make us feel welcome to both the hostel, as well as Bilbao. Gave a fantastic set of maps that pointed out all the must sees in Bilbao!
- Great central location. Close to great food and Guggenheim.
Pensión San Mamés is located right next to Athletic Bilbao’s San Mamés Football Stadium and the Termibus Bus Station. Rooms have flat-screen TVs.All accommodations at the San Mamés is equipped with central heating and free WiFi. Each room has a private bathroom with a hairdryer.Guests can make use of a computer and printer in Pensión San Mamés’ lounge and TV room. Luggage storage and a 24-hour reception are available.Pensión San Mamés is a 15-minute walk from the Guggenheim Museum and 5 minutes from the International Trade Fair. San Mamés Metro Station is just yards away and offers easy transport around Bilbao. Airport buses stop just opposite the property.
- Perfect location. Staff great. Great shower. Room very comfortable. Great value
- The room was unexpectedly very clear and the shower had great water pressure.
Very handy for the intercity/airport bus station, slightly less so for tourist sites.
Large room, quiet and reasonable value for Bilbao.
- O.K., it is a basic hostal, but everything was perfect clean and the staff unbelievable friendly! We would love to come back, when we are again in Bilbao.
- All of the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Jon (I assume the owner) did all he could to make the stay as comfortable as possible. He even loaned us a fan since it was so hot and very little ventilation in the room. The location was out of the center, but very convenient to the tram and metro. It was easy to walk also to the neighboring areas. The price was good, as well.
Zubia Urban Rooms
Centrally located, Zubia Urban Rooms is just a 2-minute walk from Bilbao’s old town and 10 minutes’ walk from the Guggenheim museum. It offers free Wi-Fi throughout.Rooms feature plenty of natural light and are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Rooms do not have private bathrooms. All guests have access to shared bathrooms.Numerous bars and restaurants serving local food can be found nearby.The nearest Metro Station is Abando, which is 600 feet from the guest house while Moyua or Casco Viejo Metro Stations are less than 10 minutes’ walk away.
- The place is nice and comfortable because of its location. You can find restaurants,bars and supermarkets everywhere around. The place is very close to the old town of Bilbao and not very far from the main train station,all the rest is in the range of 1,5 kilometre.
- I usually don’t stay in hostels but this one was excellent. There are 4 bathrooms per floor, so its very accessible. Rooms are nice, bed and pillows very comfortable. Staff is amazing friendly and hospitable. Location is great, close to walk everywhere and safe area. They have private parking what is super convenient in the city.
- Really was a great experience in Bilbao, the staff was really a good host, like family overseas. The room, service, and the human been care is priceless. I have plan plan travel next year, so I repeat again in Zubia Rooms.
- The area is great, the girl at the reception was just fantastic, she gave me very valuable advices for trips around and out of town.
- This hostal was in a very central location, close to transportation points and walking distance to many of the sights of Bilbao. I liked the double bed. The shared bathrooms worked well, as there were enough for everyone.
Pension Martinez has accommodations in Bilbao near Arriaga Theatre and Funicular de Artxanda. The property is close to several well-known attractions, 1.1 miles from Guggenheim Museumd, Bilbao, half a mile from El Arenal park and 0.7 miles from Ledesma Street. Both free WiFi and private parking are accessible at the guesthouse.At Pension Martinez, the rooms include a closet. The accommodation provides certain rooms with city views, and each room is equipped with a shared bathroom.Euskalduna Conference Centre and Concert Hall is 1.4 miles from Pension Martinez. Bilbao Airport is 8 miles from the property.
Fabulous location by the river just opposite the old town.
Very safe and quiet.
- The host was accomodating and helpful with advice about nearby attractions and places to eat.
- We arrived very late because of flight issues and checked out at 0430 to catch another flight. The gentleman that checked us in and out was very friendly and helpful. It was perfect for what we needed.
- The caretaker speaks good English and is able to communicate very well. Location is very accessible, central and easy to find, though the signage could have been better if it’s bigger.
It’s good for very low budget ,students .
- Fabulous location by the river just opposite the old town.
Pension Zeus is 150 feet from Barakaldo’s Gurutzeta/Cruces Metro Station and 2,450 feet from the BEC Exhibition Center. It offers simple, modern rooms with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.The hostel has a terrace with a table and chairs where you can relax. Staff at reception can provide information about what to see and do in the Basque Country.The Zeus is opposite Barakaldo’s Cruces Hospital, and Megapark Shopping Center is 5 minutes’ drive away. There are many bus stops nearby.Central Bilbao is a 10-minute Metro journey from Pension Zeus. Here you can find the world-famous Guggenheim Museum as well as a wide range of bars and restaurants. Bilbao Airport is just 12 minutes’ drive away.
- It was clean and in nice old style finished room. The staff was speaking no english, but was very nice.
- adorable deck area on the second floor overlooking the quiet little community
- Clean, comfortable and quiet place right near the metro station. A lot of good restaurants nearby.
- Very close to the metro stop so if you are visiting BEC it’s very handy. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful.
- Clean and well placed for easy bus and metro journeys into and out of central Bilbao. Plenty of places to eat.
Begoña is set in Bilbao’s Abando District, 5 minutes’ walk from the city’s railway station. This guest house features rooms with free Wi-Fi access, private bathrooms and TV.Begoña offers bright décor and its rooms are individually decorated. Each has a mini-bar and a well-equipped bathroom with a hairdryer.Guests can enjoy free access to computers located in the reception area, which have an internet connection. There is also luggage storage and a tour desk, where guests can get information on Bilbao’s tourist attractions.There are several bars and restaurants within walking distance of Begoña. The guest house is just 20 minutes’ walk from the famous Guggenheim Museum and from the Bellas Artes Museum.
- It was near the center of Bilbao, close the the RENFE and FEVE, and a pleasant walk to Atxuri Station. It is located in a very nice part of town, with good bars.
Fantasticgio location downtown Bilbao.
Very good parking facility!
- Friendly, helpful staff. Really comfortable room – we had an ensuite with shower – that was impeccably clean. Fantastic location close to bars, restaurants, museums etc – 100% recommend.
- The staff was incredible.; genuine and nice! The location was also incredible, especially considering we were able to park there. I would definitely stay there again. It is a simple place with all the necessities covered but the staff and location make it above and beyond.
- Though our room was small (typical for Europe), we had absolutely everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable and the shower pressure good. The reception staff were excellent. They were friendly, informative, helpful, and had a sense of humor.
Featuring free Wi-Fi, Pensión Mardones is located in central Bilbao, just 5 minutes’ walk from metro, tram and train stations, including Casco Viejo Tram Station.This heated guest house offers a selection of single and double/twin bedrooms, with either private or shared bathrooms including bath or shower. All rooms include a TV, and some include a flat-screen TV. Free towels and bed linen are provided.The central location means there are bars, restaurants and supermarkets within 50 feet of the guest house. Arenal Park is a 3-mintue walk from the property and the Guggenheim Museum is 1.4 mi away.Hostal Mardones is just a 15-minute drive from Bilbao Airport. There is a beach beside Bilbao Port, 8.7 mi away.
- The location was great and the service was friendly and helpful.
- Good location, good stuff, rooms are very clean, beds are confortable.
- We have stayed in 17 hotels during our Camino. All of them were great and good value for price. So I put the marks comparing all this 17 hotels on our way. The main differences are in room size, breakfast, room design and old of the room. This room is ok, and i can recommend this place for piligrimms, but comparing to other hotels on Camino this one is far not the best.
- We had our own bathroom, the bed was very comfortable. Attention from the staff was great, they let us check in earlier and they stored our luggage the day we checked out so we could get to know the city.
- The location en barrio Casco Viejo was fantastic! The proximity to great bars and restaurants in Casco Viejo and Abando was incredible. Access to the city bus, and to the tram (Euskotren) was easy. Access to the Guggenheim, ALSA bus station, and estadio San Mamés via Euskotren was convenient, timely, and inexpensive. Grocery stores, and shops were close also. The street life in Bilbao is incredible. This place is a gastronomic paradise. Mid-July here was like a city party without any specific festival. Oh, the room was spacious and access to the shared bathrooms was easy and never an issue. The desk was a nice benefit for use when writing in my journal. The host was friendly.
Top Guest Houses In Derio Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Derio Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Derio Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Derio Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!