10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Cuenca Castilla-La Mancha – Top Hotel Reviews
Cuenca Castilla-La Mancha is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Cuenca Castilla-La Mancha. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Cuenca Castilla-La Mancha. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Cuenca Castilla-La Mancha. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Cuenca Castilla-La Mancha right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Cuenca Castilla-La Mancha with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Cuenca Castilla-la Mancha:
Hostal Residencia Avenida
Set in the historic town of Cuenca, Hostal Residencia Avenida is a 10-minute walk from its famous hanging houses. It features free Wi-Fi and a café.Each simply decorated room at Hostal Residencia Avenida has a flat-screen TV. There is also a private bathroom.There is a range of restaurants, bars and cafes within 10 minutes’ walk of the Avenida.Cuenca Castle and the city’s cathedral are approximately 0.6 mi from the Residencia. Cuenca Railway and Bus Station is a 10-minute walk away.
- Love the Staff. Very warm, helpful and nice bunch. The street is just perfect. I love the evening high street walks. Nice breakfast AND LOTS OF GREAT PLACES around to have great “chumie chumies”
- Very positive experience. Clean, friendly people, perfect location
Lovely, helpful hosts who provided a map and information about where to go and eat etc.
The room was clean and tidy. The shampoo was refilled and the beds were made up again after the first night. We were also able to borrow a hair dryer and straighteners.
Every time we entered the hostel if someone wasn’t at the main desk someone would still come out to check who was there.
So overall, it was a nice, clean, safe place to stay for a few days on a budget.
- Todo estaba muy limpio. Además me dejaron guardar la maleta en el hotel antes de mi entrada a la habitación ya que llegué antes de la hora prevista. El personal muy agradable y atento.
- La simpatia de la recepcionista, y de la chica q nos sirvió el desayuno…y el olor a limpio q hacian las camas…
Hostal de la Luz
Hostal De La Luz is located next to the Júcar River, surrounded by mountains and extensive grounds of Cuenca. It offers rooms with free Wi-Fi, central heating and balconies.Rooms at this accommodations have country-style décor, with original art work, tiled floors and restored furnishings. They come with air-conditioning, a TV and a private bathroom.This Hostal offers luggage storage. Staff can provide tourist information and arrange activities like parachuting.Cuenca’s town center and Virgen De La Luz Church is only 3 minutes’ walking, and the Spanish Abstact-Art Museum is 0.7 mi from the guest house. A public parking is 650 feet from the Hostal De La Luz.
- The location, the breakfast was excellent I like it very much
The view from my room was incredible. Even though the ascent to Hostal la Luz is daunting for anyone not in good physical condition, it is worth the climb. Take no heavy luggage, though!
On my arrival I was given a map of all the places of interest I could visit — very helpful.
The owner will serve you a lovely, light breakfast (included in the price) is you ask her — coffee, fresh fruit and toast. She is a talented artist and the one responsible for all the great art displayed throughout.
- Hosts were wonderful. Nice people. Excellent location for walking and seeing Cuenca.
- The hotel was located across the river from the main touristy zone, so it was in a nice and quiet part of the town. The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. There was a nice balcony overlooking the small plaza below.
- Exelent, bed comfy, sheets clean / soft. The decor was eclectic, artistic, interesting breakfast light coffee good, built in to the side of a cliff oposite the river, away from the road trafic, short walk in to town Staff friendly, owner very helpfull. Best in cuenca (in my opinion )
Hostal Cortes is located in central Cuenca, just 1,000 feet from the Train and Bus Stations. It offers traditional-style rooms with free Wi-Fi, a TV and a private bathroom.The guest house has a café serving snacks and drinks throughout the day. There is also a meeting room.Hostal Cortes has a private car park, available for an extra cost. You can walk to the city’s famous Hanging Houses in less than 10 minutes.
- Excelente el staff, amables y dispuestas a dar toda la información posible.
I did not expect a place like this for the price I got. Clean room, huge private bathroom with a nice bath. The bed wasn’t the best, but good enough for two nights of good rest.
The staff was great, always ready to help. I fell in love with one of the receptionists, super friendly, great advices and really really beautiful!
- The staffs were very friendly. The room was comfy.
- the location in the city center and very close to the bus and train stations. The atmosphere of a typical Spanish hostal (two-star hotel) with almost all Spanish guests. Huge bathtub.
- Liked it so much, room was just luxurious for such a price!
One of our best sellers in Cuenca! Within 10 minutes’ walk of Cuenca’s famous Hanging Houses and the cathedral, Posada Tintes is set in the lower part of old town, next to the Huecar River, 2,300 feet from the city center.Set in a historic building, dating from the 1800s, each of the bright rooms at Posada Tintes has colorful décor. Featuring free WiFi, all rooms have a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.Posada Tintes’ on-site restaurant serves homemade cuisine and specializes in meats and fish. It also offers a tasting menu.Cuenca Railway Station is 15 minutes’ walk from the guest house. Serranía de Cuenca Nature Reserve is a 20-minute drive away.
- Restaurant is good value with very nice salads. The mattress was inner sprung rather than foam so was better to sleep on . Hot water in shower was available very quickly. Fluffy white towels were good quality.
Cleanliness of room and bathroom.
Victoria was kind enough to keep our cheese in their refrigerator mduribg our stay in their posadas.
- Super clean and literally steps away from the old town. Great price for what you get!
- As a pensión-style accommodation, the room was perfectly adequate for my stay – basic and clean. It was well located, close to the town centre, within walking distance to the train and bus station and at the base of the old town. The room was also very well heated.
- The bed was comfortable and the room clean. The desk and paper available for writing on were really appreciated. The shower was hot and powerful. Great location for the old town without having to climb the hill with your bags to check in (as would be the case for some of the other hotels). The restaurant is quaint and sells great local fare.
Located in the center of Cuenca, La Pensión Central features simple rooms with free Wi-Fi access. It is a 15-minute walk from the town’s famous hanging houses and charming old town.Each room at La Pensión Central has a TV and access to shared bathroom facilities. There is also a communal lounge area.Cuenca Cathedral, the town hall and main square are within 15 minutes’ walk of the Central. The town’s train and bus stations are less than 2,650 feet away.
- the location was great. Close enough to the old part of the city, but also close to restaurants in the newer part.
- We had a big room with 3 beds, a table, a sink and a balcony for ourselves. Plus we were allowed to smoke in the room. I loved the old house and the long corridor.
- It was exactly what I needed. Great location, friendly owner.
- The location is convenient, good value for money compared with that of other cities in Spain. Good wifi.
- very good location!! in a old house, so the light is dark. But staffs are very nice, things are clean. perfect choice to stay for a few days!
Posada San José
Overlooking the Huécar Gorge in central Cuenca, this charming guest house is set in a restored 17th-century monastery. Posada San José offers a traditional restaurant, a garden and a 24-hour reception. Free WiFi is available throughout.Rooms at the San José have simple, bright décor and central heating. Each room includes heating and a private or shared bathroom with a hairdryer.The San José’s bar-restaurant serves a daily continental breakfast, as well as homemade tapas and other local cuisine. In good weather, meals can be served on the terrace.Posada San José is located in the historic center of Cuenca, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The famous Hanging Houses are just 1,300 feet away.
- Ambience. Historic building. Helpful staff. LOCATION!!! Perfect. Easy arrival by bus from train station. Marvelous balcony overlooking gorge.
- The property is historic and has a beautiful exterior. My room was very simple, but had a slight view of the cathedral and the bridge across the gorge. I liked the old-fashioned key and roll-up window. The breakfast buffet is great, but pricey (9 Euro).
- It’s cool to stay in a hotel built in 16th century. Great view from the terrace in our room. The restaurant has excellent local food and a decent price.
- Steeped in history but comfortable in every modern way.
- everything !!
Hostal Posada Huecar
One of our best sellers in Cuenca! Offering free Wi-Fi, charming Hostal Posada Huécar is set overlooking Huécar River, in Cuenca. The 18th century guest house is a 5-minute walk from the Hanging Houses and the old town.The rustic-style property features bright and colorful décor. The spacious rooms offer a seating area with flat-screen TV and river views, as well as a bathroom with a bathtub. Towels and bed linen are included.Posada Huécar offers a shared games’ room, and there are meeting and banquet facilities available for groups. There is a 24-hour front desk and luggage storage.There is a wide variety of characteristic Spanish restaurants, bars and services within a 5-minute walk, as well as Nuestra Señora de Gracia’s Cathedral. Cuenca Train Station is 0.6 mi away from the property.
- wake up and see the view in the morning was wonderful. Walk along the creek and we can find hostal. Never get lost.
- Just across the street from a wonderful bar/restaurant carved into the hillside. Quiet street.
- Really good place to stay in overnight. We arrived exactly at our check-in time – 1PM and were received with a big smile at the reception. The staff is good and very helpful. Location is super….a 5 to 7 minute walk and you’re in the city in one direction and in 10 to 12 minutes you’re at the Parador in the opposite direction!
- Nice staff and very good location, ten minutes walking to the hanging houses. The routes recommended are very good.
- A clean, simple, old property that is well maintained and well presented. Staff were very friendly. The lack of parking even for motos is a negative, but the pay parking is only a few minutes walk and at €10 per day, is not bad.
Hospederia Seminario Conciliar de San Julián
Featuring a shared lounge, Hospederia Seminario Conciliar de San Julián in Cuenca is located 300 feet from Mangana Tower. 600 feet from Nuestra Señora de Gracia’s Cathedral, the property is also 0.8 miles away from Hanging Houses. The property provides a tour desk, and luggage storage for guests.At the guesthouse, every room comes with a desk. Featuring a private bathroom with a shower and a hair dryer, rooms at Hospederia Seminario Conciliar de S also have free WiFi, while some have a mountain view. All rooms feature a closet.A buffet breakfast is available every morning at the accommodation.
- Great location, friendly helpful staff, nicely decorated clean room with comfortable beds and lovely bathroom. Simple but tasty breakfast with plenty of choice. The hotel location is a little tricky, I used Google maps to view the location before we left home so it was easy to find from the main square once we arrived in Cuenca on the bus. Fabulous little town, well worth a visit. I happily recommend the hotel, we loved our stay there.
- The room was very quiet and comfortable. One of the most comfortable beds and pillows we have enjoyed in European hotels. Everything was very clean, and there was a lovely large lounge with sofas and a TV to enjoy if you want a space to sit and relax. The location was very easy if you park in the garage they recommend and take the elevator to the top. They give you a discount rate of €12 for 24 hours. We could walk from there all over the center of the town and to the trail that goes through the famous gorge with hanging houses. They stored our bicycle for us, and the breakfast was very nice. Wonderful value.
This was a real gem of a place to stay. We have always want to return to Cuenca, since our first visit two years ago. Booked this hotel as I seemed nice and well located in the historic part of town. However this is a beautiful hotel. The hotel is linked to the local cathedral and university, and the overall quality of the hotel is outstanding.
The room we stayed in commanded stunning views of the local mountains and it was spotlessly clean. It is located right in the centre and has an attached car park. The staff were incredibly helpful and the breakfast was superb.
- Very comfortable and clean rooms , excellent location and excellent staff.
- The breakfast was a nice addition, and the bathroom wasbeautiful!
One of our best sellers in Cuenca! Located in the Old Town district of Cuenca, Casa Botes is 2,100 feet from Hanging Houses. 2,100 feet from Mangana Tower, the property is also less than 0.6 miles away from Nuestra Señora de Gracia’s Cathedral. Certain units at the property include a balcony with a garden view.At the guesthouse, every room is equipped with a desk. All rooms have a private bathroom with free toiletries. The rooms will provide guests with a closet and a coffee machine.
- Diego went beyond what I d expect to assist, make suggestions, always friendly cheerful and smiling. Would definitely recommend!
- Clean and well situated, the host gave me a list of place to visit and of restaurants I enjoyed a lot! Thanks!
- Everything was perfect, clean and nice place, close to all attractions, super friendly people. Next time in Cuenca only her, and highly recommend anyone.
- Modern clean room in a very convenient location on the edge of the old town. Close to facilities in the new town, easy walk to bus and train (regional) station. Good place from which to explore the old town and gorges. Access to microwave, toaster and venting machines useful. Complimentary bread, butter, jam and cakes nice. Very friendly and helpful staff, despite limited English.
- La verdad que todo excelente, el trato de Diego inmejorable y la ubicación perfecta. Si volvemos a cuenca repetiriamos sin lugar a duda.
Hostal Gaudi Cuenca
Set in the historic center of Cuenca, Hostal Gaudi Cuenca is a 5-minute walk from the train and bus stations. It features rooms with free Wi-Fi and private bathrooms.Hostal Gaudi Cuenca has simple, modern décor with wooden floors. Each of its air-conditioned rooms has a flat-screen TV and central heating.There is a selection of restaurants and cafés in Cuenca’s old town, a 5-minute walk from the guest house.The Gaudi Cuenca is within 10 minutes’ walk of Cuenca’s famous hanging houses. It is just 1 minute’s walk from the Old Town. The town’s cathedral is less than 0.6 mi away.
- Excellent location. Diego was very helpful with parking.
- Diego was so accommodating and went out of his way to make our stay really perfect. His English is great and he is so informative and helpful. He even went out of his way to pay the parking metre for us as we were sightseeing. A real gentleman!!
- No pedíamos muchos lujos ya que vinimos para el carnet de conducir y suficiente. Hostal correcto.
- Muy buena situación limpio y muy atentos Antea de llegar nos encendieron la calefacción y relación calidad precio oerfecta sin duda volveremos
- La ubicación era céntrica sin estar en el casco histórico.
Top Guest Houses In Cuenca Castilla-la Mancha Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Cuenca Castilla-La Mancha to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Cuenca Castilla-La Mancha but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Cuenca Castilla-La Mancha. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!