10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Cos Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Cos Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Cos Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Cos Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Cos Cantabria. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Cos Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Cos Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Cos Cantabria:
Posada de Cabrojo
This rural guesthouse is in the heart of Cantabria, 7 miles from Comillas Beach and 28 miles from Santander. Free Wi-Fi and free private parking are both available.The Posada de Cabrojo has a quiet location on the banks of the Saja River. The Saja-Besaya Natural Park is only 6 miles away and the Soplao Caves are within 9 miles. Santillana del Mar is also a 10-minute drive away.All rooms at the Posada de Cabrojo have private bathrooms, with bathroom amenities. They are spacious and include a work desk.Traditional Cantabrian meals are served in the Hotel Valle de Cabezón restaurant, right across from the Posada. The Posada front desk is also in the Valle de Cabezón Hotel.The Posada is surrounded by grounds and has a nice terrace. There is also a reading room.
- The bed is very comfortable, good matress. Staff is very friendly.
- Excellent food. Comprehensive breakfast. Friendly staff, who spoke English, making life easier. Good value for movey.
- Great location, lovely family run accommodation couldn’t be more helpful. Need to have a car, brilliant stop for visiting the area
- La casa es preciosa y se respira tranquilidad. En verano debe ser muy agradable pasar allí unos días.
El trato familiar del personal
Relación calidad precio
Muy buena situación para visitar Cantabria
Posibilidad de comer y cenar a precios más que razonables.
Hostería El Cruce
Located a 2-minute walk from the center of Cabezón de la Sal, Hostería El Cruce features a breakfast buffet, free Wi-Fi and free private parking.Rooms here offer a flat-screen TV, a wardrobe, and a private bathroom with a bath.Other property facilities include a bar, and a shared lounge.A number of restaurants, cafés, bars, and shops can be found within a 5-minute walk.Cabezón de la Sal Train Station is a 7-minute walk, and Santander Airport is 27 mi away.
- La recepcionista un encanto y el hotel está muy bien. A la entrada del pueblo,cómodo y buen desayuno. Para repetir si visitamos la zona otra vez.
- Ubicacion estupenda, sin problemas de aparcamientos, a dos minutos a pie del centro del pueblo y zonas de bares. El trato de las personas que me atendieron inmejorable, Eva la chica de receccion un encanto, atenta, amable y en todo momento un trato cordial y cercano. Lo recomiendo
Habitación muy limpia con cama estupenda.
- El personal muy amable. Ubicación muy próxima a la autopista
- Hotel cómodo para pasar una noche y limpio. El desayuno estaba bien, pero todo dulce, echamos de menos algo mas de salado.
Pension Gades is offering accommodations in Cabezón de la Sal. Free WiFi and room service are provided.At the guesthouse, all rooms have a closet and a flat-screen TV. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom, and some rooms also offer a balcony.Santander is 28 miles from Pension Gades. Santander Airport is 27 miles away.
- Bar was a friendly and lively local meeting point. Not noisy at night.
- Great accommodation, above a friendly bar and in a convenient location for trips to the coast and mountains.
- We were greeted by the extremely friendly and helpful owners and their parents. They took our bikes to their private garage for overnight safety. They helped us carry our luggage up to the room. They made us feel very welcome and very helpful talking to my friend in Spanish.
- Friendly owners. Room nicely decorated, with a balcony overlooking the street and a view of the mountains. Bar downstairs for a drink on arrival and breakfast in the morning.
- Nice rooms, wifi works well. As it was indicated in other reviews, the pension is near the road and you hear cars, but we slept well. We had some food with us and they let us use their fridge. Had a nice dinner in the bar after we failed to find a working restaurant before 20:30.
Posada La Fuentona de Ruente
Posada La Fuentona de Ruente is located in the small town of Ruente, in Cantabria’s Saja-Nansa Nature Reserve. It offers free Wi-Fi and rooms with flat-screen TV and satellite channels.All rooms at the Fuentona de Ruente have central heating. The private bathrooms come with a hairdryer.Ruente has a Roman Bridge which is located next to the Posada. It is a 15-minute drive to the beaches of Comillas.
- Posada with a lot of charm, very nicely furnished and decorated and a lovely garden to spend end of evenings. Location as well is very interesting and proved to be very easy to join both the Ocean coast, wonderful beaches and the interior with gorgeous Picos de Europa for example. I spent an excellent time en la Posada Fuentona and much of it due to the lovely host Esperanza.
- It was clean the the lady was very nice, she helped out with any doubts and was very polite
- Very well appointed and in an excellent setting. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fine, typical Spanish (coffee, toast, orange juice, ham, cheese, cake) which is what we expected. The don’t serve evening meals but the bar / restaurant directly opposite was good.
- Todo. Confort, camas comodisimas, amabilidad de Esperanza, la dueña. TODO TODO TODO.
- La ubicación es perfecta, al lado de la carretera y pegada a la fuentona. El desayuno muy correcto con zumo natural de naranja recién exprimido. Las habitaciones muy limpias y espaciosas. Y la relación calidad precio es recomendable.
Posada El Teju
This rural guest house is located in the village of Tejo in the Oyambre Nature Reserve. It offers a terrace with barbecue and spacious rooms with free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and a kettle.All rooms at Posada El Teju have a rustic décor with parquet or tiled floors. Some have a balcony with views of the surrounding countryside. The private bathrooms have a bath tub.Guests can enjoy a wide range of outdoor activities in the surrounding area, including hiking, cycling or fishing. There are also several golf clubs within 10 minutes’ drive of El Teju, including Campo de Golf de Santa Marina.Playa Oyambre Beach just 3.1 mi away and Comillas can be reached in about 10 minutes by car.
- Very welcoming hostess – peaceful and scenic setting.
- Turned out we had a whole house to ourselves. A very modern bathroom with a great shower, and a well-equipped kitchen (almost)
- Really friendly people, lovely room with good facilities.
- Excelente atención paraje incomparable….trato familiar…maravillosa experiencia
- Es como volver a casa de los abuelos, me ha encantado lo cómodo que es la limpieza la simpatía y buen hacer de Lurdes el lugar es muy tranquilo la cama calentita con la manta eléctrica en fin una muy buena experiencia para repetir y el desayuno genial. Gracias Lurdes eres un encanto.
Posada Puente Romano
Located in the charming village of Toñanes, only 3.7 mi from Santillana del Mar and Altamira Caves, Posada Puente Romano offers rustic décor rooms, a garden area and barbecue facilities.The stylish rooms at Posada Puente Romano have been carefully decorated. They come with a TV and a private bathroom. Free Wi-Fi is also available.The area is ideal for hiking, cycling or horse riding. Staff at the 24 hours front desk is happy to provide tourist information about the area.Cobreces or Comillas beach can be found within 5 minutes’ drive. The fishing village of San Vicente de la Barquera is located 25 minutes’ drive away.
- The hostess is very friendly and welcoming. She made me feel quite at home. The location is excellent for visiting sites in Comillas, Santillana del Mar, and other places. I highly recommend this lovely hotel!
- My husband and I arrived by motorcycle at Posada El Puente Romano with bad cases of food poisoning. We were allowed to check in right away at 11:00 AM. The owner, Rachel, drove me to the pharmacy to get medicine and communicate with the pharmacist. Upon returning, she made us a pitcher of lemon drink. Rachel had already bought me a variety of gluten free products for breakfast. She made us white rice and fresh poached fish for two evening meals. She acted like a “Mom” to us during our stay. Thank goodness for Posada El Puente Romano!
- Very friendly owners! They opened the kitchen a bit earlier for us, when we arrived really hungry. Breakfast had also a good choice. A lot of nice beaches and interesting towns can be easily reached by car from Tonanes.
- Raquel, Ana and the entire staff are all wonderful people, always there to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Useful info and great tips are provided so that you enjoy the beautiful surroundings and everything that Cantabria has to offer.
- I was very pleasantly surprised by the choice of food available for breakfast, considering the size of the hotel.
One of our best sellers in Santillana del Mar! Located in the countryside, this characteristic Cantabrian house is set in Herrán, 2,650 feet from Santillana del Mar historic town and within driving distance from Altamira Caves.Offering mountain views, each room at Posada Herrán features rustic-style furniture, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.The house has a comfortable lounge and a dining room where breakfast is served. There is also a microwave, kettle and a fridge.The beautiful beaches on the Cantabrian Coast can be reached in less than 15 minutes’ drive of the hotel. Santander is 19 mi away.
- Very nice property with parking out front. Located about a 20 minute walk to the old town centre through a short maze of old streets. A bit dark after sunset if you are walking back and forth. Large clean rooms, comfortable beds and modern bathrooms. Good breakfast is served and worth the small cost. Friendly host.
- Beautiful accommodations and grounds. Proprietor very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great
- This is a lovely posada with super friendly owners. It was very comfortable and quiet and the breakfast room overlooking the garden is beautiful. It is not too far outside of Santillana. We loved it and it was very good value.
- Clean, impeccable and beautiful furnishings with bucolic views and kind service. Close to Altamira and town.
- Beautiful clean room lovely hostess so kind. The bathroom was new and so clean. The shower was hot and the breakfast was so yummy.
Posada Las Mozas del Agua
Posada Las Mozas del Agua is set in the Cantabrian town of Riocorvo. It offers a garden, a terrace, free Wi-Fi, free parking and easy access to the A67 Motorway. Torrelavega is just 3.7 mi away.The large rustic rooms feature wooden beams and exposed stone walls. All have heating, a fan and a flat-screen TV. There is a work desk and the private bathroom comes with toiletries. A hairdryer can be requested at reception.A continental breakfast is served at the Mozas del Agua. Lunch and dinner are also available. There is a bar and a terrace. The Posada also offers a children’s play park.Luggage storage is offered. Nearby Cohicillos and Los Corrales de Buelna are known for their festivals. Suances Beach is 12 mi away and you can reach Santander Airport in 20 minutes by car.
- Although we arrived late the owner was happy to prepare a meal for us which was excellent.
- Owners were so helpful and friendly. A lovely atmosphere.
- Very good evening meal and excellent breakfast.the owner and his wife made us most welcome
- Life can sometimes be difficult for a vegetarian in Spain, but the proprietor Augustin’s charming wife (whose name I forgot to ask) made me one of the most delicious vegetarian dishes I’ve ever had anywhere.
- Very friendly, nice bar open when we arrived. Good location for ferry.
Posada Restaurante Prada a Tope
Posada Restaurante Prada a Tope is located in the Cantabrian village of Treceño. It is a country house with an outdoor pool offering free Wi-Fi and rooms with flat-screen TV.All rooms at the Prada a Tope have original features such as wooden beams. They are equipped with central heating and the private bathrooms come with a hairdryer.The Posada’s restaurant serves home-cooked Cantabrian food. There is also a bar where you can get a snack or a drink.The countryside surrounding the hotel is popular for mountain biking, and the hotel offers bicycle rental services. In the autumn, it also organizes mushroom-hunting excursions.The Posada is just 15 minutes’ drive from the beach, as well as two golf courses. It is easily accessible from the A-8 Motorway, which runs across Spain’s north coast to San Sebastián.
- The location was conveniently close to the motorway and other main routes
- Very much a restaurant with rooms. The menu choices were limited to a few speciality dishes that were extremely well prepared. The Blonde loved the pool
- Hospitality, pool, location quite close to altamira
- Great parking and excellent wifi. Clean rooms and very comfortable bed. Easy to find and other bars and restaurants walkable. Good restaurant serving all meals.
- Cómodo, limpio, y muy bien decorado en general, el menú que tenían no lo probamos pero tenía un pinton!
Posada Camino de Altamira
Posada Camino de Altamira is located in the Cantabrian Countryside, between Santillana del Mar and Torrelavega. Surrounded by garden it offers heated rooms with free Wi-Fi and free parking on site.Each colorful room features a TV, wardrobe and offers a nice view of the countryside. It is fitted with parquet flooring and it comes a private bathroom with bath or shower.The property also features a bar, a terrace and a private restaurant which serves traditional dishes. You will also found a range of shops and supermarkets in the old town of Santillana or in the neighboring Suances within an 18-minute drive.The surrounding area is good for hiking and canoeing. Cabarceno Natural Park is 20 mi away. You can also walk to the Zoológico Santillana complex within 2 minutes.The Altamira Cave, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is 7 minutes’ walk. Santander Airport is a 30-minute drive.
- The food at their restaurant was good. The room was quite big.
- Lovely bathrooms, plenty of towels, seemed very clean. Espresso at breakfast.
- Situation close to Santillana and Altimira was a good base. Also visited lovely Comillas to see Gaudi house
- Staying in a historic monument was very special. The staff was very attentive and the accommodations top notch.
La cercanía a los lugares de interés:
Santillana del Mar.
Museo de Altamira.
San Vicente de la Barquera
Top Guest Houses In Cos Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Cos Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Cos Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Cos Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!