10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Ciérvana Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Ciérvana Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Ciérvana Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Ciérvana Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Ciérvana Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Ciérvana Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Ciérvana Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Ciérvana Basque Country:
Set 5 minutes’ walk from Las Arenas Beach and Real Club Maritimo Del Abra Marina, Pension Areeta is located in Getxo. Featuring free Wi-Fi, the charming guest house offers daily breakfasts.Each bright room comes with a flat-screen TV and private bathroom. The hotel has a comfortable shared lounge available for guests.Pension Areeta is 5 minutes’ walk from a variety of lively bars and traditional restaurants serving Basque cuisine. The Guggenheim Museum is a 10-minute drive away.Bilbao Port is 3.7 mi away, as well as Neguri Golf Course. The center of Bilbao is 9.3 mi away, while the airport is 20 minutes’ drive from the property.
wifi is very strong even in the street downstair
the location is absolutely perfect, very convenient:
pubs, restaurants, supermarkets, chapel, beach and cable car are all nearby
- Lovely and clean. Spacious for me and my son. Great location to access all the places we wanted to visit. Staff helpful.
- Very good location for sightseeing. A lot of cafes and bars around. friendly staff. Good value for money. Direct bus connection to the university campus and Bilbao 20 minutes by modern underground. Bilbao airport in 50 minutes.
- This accommodation was really great value. Comfortable, neat and clean with a good shower. Not in the heart of the city but in an area with tons of nice bars and cafés, and close to the waterfront. I’m sure I’ll be back to Bilbao over the next year or so, and when I do I plan on staying here.
- Pensión agradable suficiente para lo que queriamos. Solo estuvimos una noche pero bien, lo suficiente.
- wifi is very strong even in the street downstair
Hostal Vista Alegre
Set 10-minutes walk away from the beach, Hostal Vista Alegre is located in Castro-Urdiales, 22 mi from Bilbao. Free private parking is available on site.Each bright room features a modern décor and comes with a flat-screen TV, and a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property. Hostal Vista Alegre features free WiFi thorough.The area is popular for its local gastronomy and the old town. Other popular beaches such as Laredo or Santoña are 30-mintues drive away.Santander is 43 mi from Hostal Vista Alegre, while Cabarceno Natural Park is 45 minutes’ drive away. Bilbao Airport is 16 mi from the property.
- We have stayed in 17 hotels during our Camino. All of them were great and good value for price. So I put the marks comparing all this 17 hotels on our way (10 – best, 9 good, 8 nothing special). The main differences are in room size, breakfast, room design and old of the room. This hotel is a good 9 score place.
Excellent reception – very helpful – helped with unloading luggage – changed room voluntarily because allocated room had had smokers previous night.
Well located for ferry at Bilbao. private secure parking.
- The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, hard-working and efficient. There was a problem with the water supply when we arrived – some sort of work being done – and when the work was finished we had no hot water for showers! The lady on reception resolved the situation then came to our room later to make sure we were OK – and to apologise even though the problem was not of her making. I think they call it going the extra mile.
- The entrance was bright and modern, the staff were helpful
- The towels were very nice – large and fluffy. The shower was good too and the bed was reasonably comfortable. There’s free secure parking on site – although be aware that if your vehicle is large, you’ll need to do multi-point turns to get in and out.
Pension El Puerto
Offering free WiFi, Pension El Puerto is located in Santurce. Certain units at the property include a patio with a city view.All guest rooms in the guesthouse are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Guest rooms feature a closet.Bilbao is 9 miles from Pension El Puerto, while Castro-Urdiales is 15 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 16 miles from the accommodation.
No reviews yet.
One of our best sellers in Castro-Urdiales! Hostal Catamaran is located in Castro-Urdiales, on the Cantabrian coast. This property offers rooms with free WiFi and a TV.The rooms at the Catamaran feature parquet floors and city views. Each one has a private bathroom with free toiletries.At Hostal Catamaran you will find a 24-hour front desk and a shared lounge. Other facilities offered at the property include vending machines.The nearest beach is a 10-minute walk from the guest house. Bilbao is a 25-minute drive from the property, and you can drive to Santander in around 40 minutes.
- Great place, extremely helpful staff, just one caution- it can be noisy at night.
- Good basic room at a good price. Right on the cameno and a wonderful city and beach can recommend without reservations
- Staff super friendly. Helped us with our Camino prep for the next day!
- Location. View of plaza. Clean. Friendly staff. Cheap parking along street. Overall a good visit.
I only stayed the one night, on my way to Potes for a walking holiday; so I can only comment on my one sunday night experience..
The lady on the front desk was friendly and helpful. The room, despite being on the small and dated side, with was clean, with what looked a recently refurbished bathroom. There was a T.V. on the wall, but no plug on the lead (no problem for me).
I had a room at the rear of the hostel, so despite there being not much of a view, very little noise came in from outside; but you could hear people coming and going, outside my room….not a problem for myself, but others may have an issue with this.
Pension Zeus is 150 feet from Barakaldo’s Gurutzeta/Cruces Metro Station and 2,450 feet from the BEC Exhibition Center. It offers simple, modern rooms with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.The hostel has a terrace with a table and chairs where you can relax. Staff at reception can provide information about what to see and do in the Basque Country.The Zeus is opposite Barakaldo’s Cruces Hospital, and Megapark Shopping Center is 5 minutes’ drive away. There are many bus stops nearby.Central Bilbao is a 10-minute Metro journey from Pension Zeus. Here you can find the world-famous Guggenheim Museum as well as a wide range of bars and restaurants. Bilbao Airport is just 12 minutes’ drive away.
- It was clean and in nice old style finished room. The staff was speaking no english, but was very nice.
- adorable deck area on the second floor overlooking the quiet little community
- Clean, comfortable and quiet place right near the metro station. A lot of good restaurants nearby.
- Very close to the metro stop so if you are visiting BEC it’s very handy. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful.
- Clean and well placed for easy bus and metro journeys into and out of central Bilbao. Plenty of places to eat.
Pension Iruna is located in Santurce. Free WiFi is available.At the guesthouse, rooms come with a desk and a flat-screen TV. All rooms include a private bathroom. All rooms feature a closet.Bilbao is 9 miles from Pension Iruna, while Castro-Urdiales is 16 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 15 miles from the accommodation.
- Room very clean. Javier manager very helpful. Location ideal for starting Camino.
- For us travelling from the port the location was great. Free parking available not too far from the pension. The pension was clean. When we eventually got in the place was nice and I would stay there again. very good value for money.
- The area is a good option if you don’t want the expense of saying in Bilbao itself. The pension was a minute or two away from a metro station and it takes about 25 minutes to get to central Bilbao for about Euro 3.50 return. Castro Urdiales is about a half hour drive up the coast and is worth a visit. Quite a few nice bars near the accomodation. Parking is mostly free in the area but you may need to drive around for a while to get a spot. Nobody at reception when we arrived (and I never saw anyone there for the two days) but the keys were in an envelope waiting for us. Odd system. Room was what you’d expect for the money. Pretty standard.
- this was a one night stop over on the way from the ferry and was a really good choice. value for money, santurzi itself was much nicer than we expected for eating and drinking, easy access to the train station to go into Bilbao. room was perfect – clean, comfortable and quiet
- El trato del personal y la implicación por mejora que tienen. Repetiré.
Montero Pension offers accommodations in Trapagaran, 6.2 mi from Bilbao. Free WiFi and public parking are available.Rooms have a TV, heating and wooden floors. They have access to 4 shared bathrooms. Towels and bed linen are provided.Guggenheim Museum is 6.8 mi away and Ballonti Shopping Center is a 5-minute drive. Santurce Port is 2.8 mi away and Bilbao Exhibition Center is 10 minutes’ drive. Gallindo Train Station is just 1,650 feet away and connects with Bilbao. The nearest airport is Bilbao Airport, 9.3 mi from Montero Pension.
- We spent ten hours at this property, as we had a flight layover. The owner was nice and helpful. The room was clean and quiet, as well as clean. Don’t judge the sleeping quarters by the cleanliness of the lobby area. The room was very adequate and even had a balcony.
- accomodation was ok, cheap older furniter, quite clean, BUT….
- The owner is trying to improve the place and you can see the efforts
- CAMA BASTANTE COMODA Y PERSONAL AMABLE EN TODO LO QUE PUDO A LA HORA DE LA LLEGADA, FACIL APARCAMIENTO EN LAS INMEDIACIONES
- En general todo estaba muy bien tanto la habitación como el trato.
Pensión La Mar
Centrally located in Castro Urdiales, La Mar is on a quiet pedestrian street, 0.6 mi from the beach. It offers 24-hour reception, free Wi-Fi and heated rooms with flat-screen TVs.Featuring tiled floors, each room comes with a desk, wardrobe and telephone. There is a private bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some rooms have a private balcony.La Mar has a lounge, where guests can relax. Tourist information is available and luggage storage is offered. A free fax service is available and pets are admitted upon prior request, subject to availability.
- Staff were wonderful. Great value. Excellent location.
Great staff, excellent location
Best value for money
- Friendly, helpful greeting and service at reception. Pleasant, unexceptional room with a small balcony that gave unexpectedly dramatic views of the sunset across the rooftops. Parking very easy within a minute or two. Lots of bars, restaurants close by.
- Warm reception by the owner at the desk! Super location close to the piers & all restaurants, bars and sites to visit! Room comfortable. Bathrooms have recently been remodeled and are well planned.
- I’ve stayed here before – it’s good value, clean, comfy and just the ticket if you’re en route to catch the morning ferry from Bilbao.
Pensión “La Marina”
Next to the Castro Urdiales Harbor, Pensión La Marina features heated rooms with free Wi-Fi. It offers free luggage storage and it is set 1,500 feet from Playa Brazomar Beach.Decorated with white painted walls and blue doors, each room features a simple décor and wooden flooring. It includes a wardrobe, flat-screen TV and a shared bathroom with bath or shower. Some have a floor-to-ceiling window with nice view of the harbor.Guest can taste fresh local seafood in the restaurant inside the property. There is also a range of bars and shops in the medieval streets around the complex.The surrounding area is ideal for surfing and exploring the Cantabrian Coastline. Staff at reception can provide information about what to see and do in that area.You can drive to Bilbao and to Santander in less than 1 hour. Public parking is available nearby.
- I liked the quiet location right on the waterfront— my room faced the back. Old fashioned locks meant electronics could be powered while not in the room. Initially I was disappointed, but the simplicity grew on me and I felt my things were secure.
- The staff was very nice and friendly. The bathrooms are clean and with good showerheads.
- The location, just a block or two from the water and in the heart of the social district, was fantastic, especially for the price. Our room (with three twin beds) was lovely and bright, with a covered porch and lots of windows. The porch helped to mask some of the street noise at night, which was plentiful right in the heart of town. The shared bathrooms were clean and the showers hot. All in all, a great stop for two tired Camino del Norte pilgrims.
- Wonderful location. Simple accommodation with shared bathroom facilities, but including two options which was good. Our room faced onto the harbour with a fantastic view of the Church. Close to bars and restaurants and all the attractions of the town. A highlight of our Camino. If you are looking for cheap and clean accommodation this is great.
- Great location, with secure (but a bit pricey) underground car park very close by. Lovely view of the harbour and marina.
Pensión Don Claudio
Just 150 feet from Zorrotza Railway Station, Pensión Don Claudio is 1.2 mi from Bilbao Exhibition Center. It is set 2.5 mi from central Bilbao.The Don Claudio’s rooms have heating, free WiFi, and flat-screen TVs. There is access to a shared or private bathroom.The property has luggage storage and 1 room adapted for wheelchair users.Several inexpensive restaurants can be found around the hotel, as well as shops and banks.There is a bus stop within 150 feet of the guest house with many connections to the city center. Free outdoor public parking can be found nearby.
- Very comfortable beds, so close to the train into city center. Bar Arsenio down the block had amazing breakfast.
- Great value for money, easy access to town, clean and with enough room if you are not staying that long and have no problems sleeping in noisy places.
- Clean, minimal appearance, calm, friendly staff, easy transportation
- Sink in sleeping room to brush teeth. Nice staff, good location, easy to park.
- Great value for money. Easy to reach through public transport. Near very interesting part of town. Proximity of good places for breakfast. Friendly staff and very helpful. Clean place, newly renovated and modern look.
Top Guest Houses In Ciérvana Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Ciérvana Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Ciérvana Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Ciérvana Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!