10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Cicera Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Cicera Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Cicera Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Cicera Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Cicera Cantabria. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Cicera Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Cicera Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Cicera Cantabria:
Posada La Escuela de Cicera
Located in the village of Cicera at the foot of the Picos de Europa, this converted 16th-century school is built in traditional Cantabrian style. It offers free Wi-Fi and free parking.The charming rooms at Escuela de Ciera enjoy stunning views of the Cantabrian countryside and are decorated with dark wood furniture. They include a private bathroom and heating.The guest house serves traditional homemade food for breakfast, using natural products. It also features a bar and lounge-dining room with a DVD player.The beach of San Vicente de la Barquera and La Cueva del Soplao Cave can be found just 30 minutes’ drive from La Escuela De Cicera.From July to September, Posada La Escuela De Cicera offers free guided tours in the beautiful surrounding valley of Peñarrubia. The tour desk can also arrange activities such as fishing and canoeing.
- Stunning location in a fabulous mountain village, the staff were very helpful and friendly. Great value.
- Personal service and feeling (like being at home), nice mountain village and extremely friendly owner. Breakfast was of good quality.
- Lo mejor la ubicacion, Cicera es un pueblo precioso y muy tranquilo. Bruno el dueño es una persona muy agradable. Ideal para desconectar del mundanal ruido.
- Una zona muy tranquila e ideal para descansar y desconectar.
- Entorno excepcional, el trato con Bruno muy amable. La habitación muy limpia y comoda, buen desayuno, en el bar se preparan bocadillos muy buenos y en la taberna del pueblo las chicas dan comida casera de buena calidad, las croquetas buenisimas, rutas de senderismo al pie de la posada, repetiriamos sin dudarlo.
Posada El Corcal de Liébana
A beautiful balance of rustic and classical in a stunning rural setting, this hotel is located beside the Picos de Europa National Park in the Liébana Valley. It boasts a spa and elegant restaurant.Escape to the Spanish countryside to find peace and quiet in the Posada el Corcal de Liébana. A place for good food and pure relaxation in some of Spain’s most beautiful countryside.Each bedroom of the Posada el Corcal is individually decorated with classical furnishings, cheerful colors and rustic touches. Enjoy fabulous views from your bedroom window.Dine in the restaurant which serves both lunch and dinner, with a set menu option.Browse the wireless internet for free in the lounge-library or enjoy a quiet read and sit-down after exploring the surroundings. Head to the spa for the Jacuzzi, sauna and gym before freshening up for dinner.
- Loved everything. Very charming place. The breakfast that was included with our room was wonderful. We also made reservations to eat dinner there, and it was delicious and top rate.
- Lovely place, quiet and still close to potes(the town)… we felt at home there, and even came back for another night.
- This was a lovely, clean and comfortable inn set in the mountains, with beautiful views. The building appears to have been recently built, and everything is modern, although it has the look and design of an older mountain inn. Our beds were comfortable, and we appreciated the layout of the room, with a separate corridor for our private bathroom. There was a sitting area on the main floor, and several outdoor sitting areas as well (for good weather). Breakfast was generous and varied (typical European breakfast with breads, meats, cheeses, yogurt and cereal). We only stayed one night, but I wish we could have stayed longer; it was such a peaceful setting.
- The out of town location is a pleasure, surrounded by the lovely Picos mountains with the sound of cow bells made this a very special place.
- Excellent breakfast with many choices. Room was newer but in keeping with the style of the area.
Hostería La Antigua
Set 5 mi from Los Picos de Europa National Park, Hostería La Antigua is located in Potes off Plaza Capitán Palacios. The rustic-style guest house offers air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi.Featuring wooden beam ceilings, each heated room comes with a TV. The private bathroom includes a shower. Towels and bed linen are provided.Hosteria la Antigua features a 24-hour front desk, shared lounge with TV and terrace. Free parking is available.The accommodations has a shared seating area and guests may make use of the fridge and microwave.Set in central Potes, the property is close to several bars and restaurants. Cantabria’s coast, where guests can visit the charming village of San Vicente de la Barquera, is 28 mi away.
- The staff member who checked us in well exceeded our expectations!! She let us choose from 3 rooms, great English, restaurant recommendations and other tips!
- Great location in centre of Potes. Our room had a balcony which was good for sitting out in the evening.
- The female concierge was very helpful and friendly…and she speaks English.
- Staff was extremely kind and helpful. The location couldn´t be better, in the centre of Potes. Absolutely quiet at night, despite being a busy weekend. Despite being a rural area, wifi speed and paying possibilities (card) were available.
Reception informative about the sights and places to eat; good location- in Center but on a side street so also quiet at night, close to anywhere you would like to walk to; yum places to go for any type of meal you would like;
Room nicely kept;
Hosteria Peña Sagra
Featuring a terrace with a mountain view, a restaurant and free Wi-Fi, Hosteria Peña Segra is located next to Deva River in Ojedo, just 14 mi from Picos de Europa National Park.Each room is equipped with air conditioning, TV, telephone and has a bathroom with a shower or bath tub. The property also features a restaurant and a bar and offers packed lunches.Hosteria Pena Segra is located within 30 minutes’ drive of Fuente Dé Cable Car. The Santo Toribio de Liébana Monastery is 2.2 mi away.Asturian coastline is approximately 22 mi from the property. Santander Airport is within a 1 hour and 14 minutes drive and there is a bus stop 30 feet away.
- Its a good simple hotel which provides a good value for money. They have a restaurant and bar downstairs and there is limited parking in front of the hotel but there is off street free parking nearby. The hotel reception is around the corner and sometimes there is no one at reception but you can easily get someone from the bar downstairs as they run it too. I would recommend this place to anyone 🙂
- The room is spacious, comfortable and well presented.
- Beautiful place, lovely reception and cats next to the staircase, clean bedroom and bathroom, comfortable beds. When you open the window you can see a nice view and hear blackbirds singing. Convenient access, bus stop next to the hotel. Good value for money.
- Staff were friendly. Provided meal 10.30pm when we arrived late. We felt very welcome. Clean and great standard hotel.
- Good value. Good location to access Ordessa. Right next to supermarket.
Set in attractive gardens full of fruit trees, this charming country hotel is surrounded by the wonderful mountain scenery of the Picos de Europa.The Posada Laura lies 1.2 mi outside of Potes in the Camaleño Valley, in the far west of northern Spain’s beautiful Cantabria region. It is located within the area’s national park, which protects the stunning local landscape of green mountains.Spend a peaceful, sunny afternoon in the hotel’s beautiful garden. Each one of the hotel’s individually decorated rooms is named after a plant or flower found in this garden. In winter you can relax in the welcoming lounge area, while in summer you can enjoy a candlelit dinner out on the veranda.
- The grounds and facilities are beautiful and well kept. The views of the Picos are fabulous. Laura was a great hostess. Breakfast was great. I’d recommend to anyone.
- Beautiful location just outside Potes. Wonderful breakfast.
- Friendly, comfortable, tasteful and very clean accommodation. Tasty breakfast with fruit from the garden. Quiet, but still within walking distance of Potes (20 minute walk), we would definitely return.
Quiet, scenic location free parking in the grounds of the hotel
Excellent, personal reception and greeting.
Lovely comfortable room and bed
Well appointed bathroom all clean and tidy.
One of the best breakfasts I’ve had in a hotel, wide selection of items from Ham & Cheeses to Croissant & Cake plus cooked to order Ham & Eggs. Excellent.
We were also able to use a Hosepipe to wash down our Motorcycles.
- Lovely big room in large well appointed house. Hostess very attentive and informative (we communicated in bad English on her side and worse Spanish on our side 🙂 ). Shower good, bed comfortable and breakfast very good.
Posada Valle del Oso
Offering amazing views of the Picos de Europa Mountains, Posada Valle del Oso is set in a charming villa on the village of Lerones. It features a seasonal outdoor pool, a sauna and a hot tub.Each attractive, heated room has a window or balcony with mountain views. All rooms have a flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi.Guests can enjoy breakfast in the Valle del Oso’s dining room. There is also a terrace, a lounge and library.The surrounding area is ideal for hiking, cycling and fishing, while Picos de Europa National Park is 6.2 mi away. San Vicente de la Barquera and Santander can be reached in 90 minutes by car.Alto Campoo Ski Slopes are located 75 mi from the property.
- Lovely, clean property. Friendly, helpful staff. Pool.
- The bed, the staff and above all the views from my room.
- Lovely attractive guest house set deep in the countryside (ideal for walkers), though slightly off the beaten track. Great view from the window. Very clean.
- Very nice small hotel with a good atmosphere. Beuatiful room with great beds. Very friendly staff. Nice little swimmingpool.
- The location of this posada is excellent enjoying sunshine late into the evening. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Posada Las Espedillas
The restored 17th-century Posada Las Espedillas is in the small mountain village of Camaleño. It offers free Wi-Fi and a garden with a seating area and views of the Picos de Europa Mountains.Rustic heated rooms have a balcony with mountain views. There is a flat-screen TV and the private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and free toiletries.There are barbecue facilities and you will find shops and bars 4.3 mi away in Potes. Guests have a communal dining room and a TV lounge with a fireplace.The tour desk can organize horse riding. There is free on-site parking and San Vicente de la Barquera Beach is 12 mi away.
- The view from breakfast room. Mountains are beautiful there
- Delicious breakfast and great location! everyone was so friendly and really wanted to make sure we enjoyed our time the most!
- Absolutely in every way WONDERFUL. Beautiful location, warm welcome, delicious breakfast with piles of homemade waffles and the best honey I ever tasted. Extraordinary location. Beautifully decorated and comfortable
- The property is a beautifully restored old village home with excellent accommodations. Delicious homemade breakfast! The “posada” is close to the town of Potes and several villages where you will find good restaurants and tourist shops and to the hiking trails and other attractions of Los Picos de Europa National Park. But the best of Las Espedillas are its owners: Always kind and ready to answer questions and giving you advise on how to get to places, the weather, sharing old stories, a real feeling of being in family!
- A fabulous retreat, on the edge of a very small village. Good hiking trails nearby , great building, friendly service, very quiet atmosphere.
Located in the Cantabrian mountain village of Lomeña, this eco-friendly country house offers fantastic views from its veranda. Its elegant, modern rooms feature a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.Casa Fidela’s restaurant serves traditional Cantabrian food. Packed lunches are also available if you are planning a day trip.Casa Fidela’s central heating uses the renewable energy source of biomass. There is also an open fire in the lounge.The area around the hotel is great for hiking, and staff at reception can provide information about what Cantabria has to offer. Santander, with its airport and ferry terminal, is around 1.5 hours’ drive away, while Potes is 9.6 mi from the hotel. Alto Campo ski resort is 2 hours’ drive away.
- It was very clean and reception was very friendly and helpful despite the fact that we didn’t speak a common language. The views were breathtaking and it was well located for a visit to the Picos de Europa National Park.
- Staff were very friendly and loved the cottage style decor.
- Wonderful owners who made our stay perfect. Lovely peaceful place in the heart of mountains. Lovely food and spotlessly clean. Couldn’t ask for more.
Lovely place. Stunning scenery
Good for walking and hiking. Very pleasant staff.
- Our room was spacious, clean and really confortable, with a lovely balcony with views to the mountains.
Nuestra Señora del Carmen
Nuestra Señora del Carmen is offering accommodations in San Sebastián de Garabandal. Featuring a tour desk, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. Free WiFi is available.At the guesthouse, each room is equipped with a closet. Rooms contain a private bathroom and a shower, while selected rooms include a balcony.A continental breakfast is available every morning at Nuestra Señora del Carmen.San Vicente de la Barquera is 22 miles from the accommodation, while Comillas is 29 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 48 miles from Nuestra Señora del Carmen.
- Location, in village and next to church. Lucia was great. Good place for a retreat. Would return.
- This is a particularly good place to stay if you are interested in the apparitions of Garabandal. The owner is a cousin of one of the visionaries. The staff is extremely kind and considerate. The meals are good and well worth the price. The facility is next door to the pilgrim center.
- It was umbeknown to us but fortunately, it was a “pension” , with home made food. Otherwise, no where else to get food……. Best location for a pilgrimage – right next to church and the miraculous locations of everything happened at Garabandal. Must visit – see what it was like – the village more or less preserved from 1962
- A wonderful Hospederia in the center of the village right next to the church. Guests are treated like family and the home cooked meals are superb. Breakfasts are a little on the thin side, however, so prepare yourself for a long wait till the 2pm lunch! Rooms are comfortable and clean and the location couldn’t be better.
- Great hotel right next to church and close to the pines.
Posada San Pelayo
Surrounded by the breathtaking mountain scenery of the Picos de Europa National Park, this rustic-style hotel features charming design and an outdoor pool with great views.The Posada has been built from traditional materials to blend in with the architecture and landscape of the area. Admire the combination of wood and stone on the hotel’s exterior.Located in the peaceful village of San Pelayo, the Posada offers you a complete escape. Lose yourself in the amazing mountain and forest views. Curl up with a good book or chat with friends in the warm and inviting lounges. Here, you can warm up next to the open fire, enjoy a board game or simply gaze at the panoramic views.Take a stroll around the Posada San Pelayo’s grounds. The hotel is located on an 26 ft² plot with indigenous trees and a large parking area.The Posada is just 3.1 mi from Potes, where you can admire the delightful, 15th-century architecture, characteristic of the Cantabria region.
- This was the most amazing location. Our room looked out the back onto the mountain range. It was spectacular!
- If you think the website pictures of this property are great, then you must stay here and see the real thing. This Posada occupies the most extraordinary piece of natural real estate you could possibly imagine. You are surrounded by the Picos de Europa, lovely gardens with expansive green lawns, a fresh running stream, and a warm weather swimming pool. We were even greeted by Pongo, the resident white lab. Price includes breakfast. Excellent Value.
- Lovely location with good views. Attentive staff. Handy for Potes.
- Great location and grounds, fantastic view, great hosts. Very peaceful.
Beautiful guest house near Picos de Europa mountains. Views are great and the house is really nice, perfect location to expend a weekend an explore the area. Our bedroom was very big, with plenty of space. Bed was very confortable.
We also became friends of Pogo, the dog!
It’s just less than 10 minutes by car from Potes.
Top Guest Houses In Cicera Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Cicera Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Cicera Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Cicera Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!