10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Chana de Somoza Castile and Leon – Top Hotel Reviews
Chana de Somoza Castile and Leon is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Chana de Somoza Castile and Leon. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Chana de Somoza Castile and Leon. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Chana de Somoza Castile and Leon. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Chana de Somoza Castile and Leon right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Chana de Somoza Castile and Leon with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Chana De Somoza Castile And Leon:
Casa Pepa Hotel Rural
Casa Pepa Hotel Real is a traditional 18th-century mansion in the heart of León. It offers free Wi-Fi in all of its attractive rooms and public areas.Hotel Real Casa Pepa was built with beautiful, natural materials. It has stone walls and there is a lounge with armchairs and a fireplace. The mansion also has a library.A breakfast is served every morning, and the restaurant serves characteristic regional cuisine using seasonal produce. Specials include mushroom dishes and stews.The rooms at the Casa Pepa Hotel are all en suite, with a TV, a work desk and a hairdryer.The hotel is on the Camino de Santiago Pilgrimage Route, near Astorga. A free shuttle service for pilgrims is available on request. León Virgen del Camino Airport is 31 mi away. Another nearby sight are the Las Médulas Roman Mines.The local area is popular for hiking and cycling. The property has free bicycle parking as well as a bicycle repair workshop which you can use for free.
- Rustic, beautiful, and comfortable. Peps is an awesome hostess. And she can cook! Best meal of our entire trip to Spain. Picked us up and dropped us off on the Camino as well. Highly recommended!
- Beautiful historic building in excellent condition. Room was spotless and people were fantastic. Pepa was our hostess for the night and I felt like I was in a four seasons resort. We had delicious dinner with local wine and ingredients. The bacalao de Pepa was fantastic. We were picked up and dropped of at rabanal so access to the hotel was not a problem. One of the best parts of the Camino was meeting Pepa.
- Laura was the best!! She was friendly, came to pick us up in Rabanal, and was the most gracious hostess imaginable. Food was excellent. Property is charming and comfortable with lots of history and character. Worth the few extra minutes off the Camino from Rabanal!!
- What a wonderful property. Laura was a wonderful host. She picked me up at the end of my day’s hike. The property is beautifully restored and comfortable. The food was delicious. I highly recommend this property.
This was such a unique place, a 14century property beautifully restored keeping the original features.
Laura was a wonderful hostess and so helpful and understanding- as hubby was unwell at the time.
The food was a joy to eat – all locally sourced and prepared in house by Laura and her mother. They enjoyed making the food and explained all the ingredients, where they came from and how it was prepared. I would have loved to enrolled on their cookery course but time was not on our side
Set in a stunning mountainous location, from this beautiful, rustic-style guest house you can enjoy fantastic views of the surrounding landscape and the stars at night.Relax with friends or colleagues in the comfortable lounge. You can also unwind in the hot tub here after a long day’s hiking. The hotel has its own restaurant decorated in a traditional style, where you can enjoy characteristic regional cuisine, with a bottle of wine.This guest house is located close to Astorga, a historical town. The Santiago Way is also very near the property.
- Everything very nice, beautiful buildings lovely restoration work, full of antiques, very good restaurant with a speciality in wild mushrooms from the area, delicious ! There was also a nice antique shop owned by the hotel
- Incredible building (restored with high quality materials following the traditional structures of the typical houses in the region) and surrounded with stunning decoration (a must see, including their vintage shop). The property offers a rural and charming stay, it is family-driven and they all take part as staff. Very friendly and well-mannered. Breakfast can be served in a lovely indoor patio. The furniture of the rooms are restored pieces that would make the day of some vintage collectors and everything is taken care of to the maximum detail. Very comfortable bed and wonderful bathroom facilities (bathtub with bubbles and loads of light). Very original and vintage. Perfect to get away from cities / stress. Magnificent restaurant. We loved it and we will be back for sure. The son of the owner is a very good painter/artist/antiquities expert and some of its works can be seen and bought in the house/hotel and at their vintage shop. Not to miss out!!!
- The relaxation atmosphere, the decorations, the bathtub with hidromassage, the quietness, the parking, the antiques.
- Spanish traditional deco. Parking was easy. Food was excellent. Staff were very attentive and helpful.
- Beautiful accommodation in a pretty village, restaurant was outstanding.
Centro de Turismo Rural Molino del Arriero
Molino del Arriero Hotel is a converted stone windmill dating from the early 20th century. Set in Luyego de Somoza village, 39 mi from León, it offers free bicycle use.Heated country-style rooms feature wooden or tiled floors and have a flat-screen TV. There is a work desk and the private bathroom comes with amenities.Centro De Turismo Rural Molino del Arriero has a bar and à la carte restaurant. Special diet menus can be requested and there is a terrace.Free on-site parking is offered and there is a free Wi-Fi zone and games room. The Molino has a tour desk and the A6 Motorway is a 25-minute drive away.
The staff was very kind and they offer good quality food in the bar/restaurant.
Breakfast was super!
Habitaciones muy limpias y camas muy cómodas, todo lo necesario para descansar después de un día de campo o turismo.
El lugar y el pueblo son ideales para hacer un turismo muy variado y los dueños y el personal te atienden muy bien. Sin duda ninguna, repetiré en este alojamiento.
Trato cercano y amable.
Las tostadas del desayuno, estupendas.
- La atencion es buenisima, dueños muy cercanos, la comida muy buena, la atencion fenomenal.
Todo genial. Un hotel muy tranquilo y acogedor, los dueños estuvieron muy atentos en todo momento.
Desayuno y cenas abundantes y muy buena relación calidad/precio. Habitación y demás instancias conformtables.
- The staff was very kind and they offer good quality food in the bar/restaurant.
Posada De Gaspar
Located in Rabanal del Camino, Posada De Gaspar features a terrace, a shared lounge and a bar. Free WiFi is available.At the guesthouse, all rooms include a closet and a TV.A buffet breakfast is served at the property.Ponferrada is 22 miles from Posada De Gaspar.
- Loved this place! My room was on the third floor and I could see the Milky Way clearly thro my rooftop window! The restaurant served the most delicious pulpo ajillio! Yum!!
- Awesome place, location, food & family staff. These folks took such good care of us. We felt a part of their family.
- Everything. I didn’t want to leave. The food and service were excellent! Beautiful location.
- Gorgeous little boutique hotel. Traditional style design with beautifully updated facilities. Quaint bar and restaurant. Some of the best food that we have had along the Camino. Excellent breakfast. Delightfully professional staff.
- Owner was very sweet and wanted to make us comfortable. Just a few steps off the Camino. The owner washed our clothes in the washer for 3 euros.
El Descanso de Gaia
El Descanso de Gaia is located in Rabanal del Camino, 16 mi from Ponferrada.Every room comes with a shared bathroom and a shared toilet. There is a seating area in El Descanso de Gaia and there is free WiFi throughout the property.There is a shared kitchen at the property, it is equipped with kitchenware, refrigerator, microwave and stove-top. There is a storage room for bicycles and motorbikes available.Astorga is 12 mi from El Descanso de Gaia, while Villafranca del Bierzo is 28 mi away. Las médulas is 31 mi from the property and Castillo de Ponferrada is 19 mi away.
- The room was comfortable. The location was great. Communication with the staff before arrival was helpful.
The owner/manager was terrific, very helpful & accommodating. For example, I stupidly,orgot my Camino credential in my room so called him while walking to Molinaseca & he arranged to have it sent, at no cost, to where I was staying that night in Molinaseca. And there it was upon my arrival. How great was that! Wonderful service. Couldn’t have been more pleased. After all those Kms walked to have forgotten my credential validating those Kms, & blisters, to have my credential rescued by the owner of El Descanso de Gaia, I couldn’t be more effusive in my praise for his above & beyond effort.
Also, the location was immediately adjacent(20 feet away)to a very well stocked tienda.
- Excellent kitchen facilities, comfortable lounge area. Nice shower. The host was very helpful.
Nice building and very kind owner . He was very helpful finding us transportation there my daughter got hurt . There is a small grocery store next door and a good restaurant 2 min walking .
All was clean and good value
- Everything – and Elias is such a welcoming accommodating guy.
Posada El Tesin
One of our best sellers in Rabanal del Camino! Posada El Tesin is located in Rabanal del Camino. Among the various facilities of this property are a terrace and a bar. The restaurant serves Spanish dishes.At the guesthouse, all rooms include a desk and a flat-screen TV. With a private bathroom, rooms at Posada El Tesin also feature free WiFi, while selected rooms also feature a balcony. All rooms feature a closet.A continental breakfast is available every morning at the property.Ponferrada is 22 miles from the accommodation, while Astorga is 15 miles from the property.
Nice outdoor cafe for sitting and people watching.
We had some changes in our booking (not the fault of the host) and the property manager worked very hard to meet our booking request. I appreciated her efforts to make our stay comfortable.
- Very good experience to include the staff working with us as we don’t speak much Spanish – great food, great room – set up to cater to the camino pilgrims.
- Nice property. Great location and cafe right on the Camino. Comfortable room but very small shower (like a small phone booth).
- Very friendly, added touches to make you feel welcome and comfortable, plenty of space, cloths line and good food and company, a definite plus all round
- Well thought out hotel for Camino walkers. The young woman at front desk was extremely helpfully!!!!!!!!!!!
- Nice outdoor cafe for sitting and people watching.
La Candela is offering accommodations in Rabanal del Camino. Offering a restaurant, the property also has a garden and a terrace. Free WiFi is available.At the guesthouse, the rooms include a closet. The rooms come with a flat-screen TV, and some accommodations at La Candela have a mountain view.A continental breakfast is served at the property.Ponferrada is 22 miles from the accommodation, while Astorga is 14 miles away.
- Clean, and modern facility easy to find on the road into Rabanal. Excellent pig cheeks for dinner
- Owners were super friendly, offering us a beer or soda when we checked in and being very helpful. Room was quiet and had clothesline outside of the window. Good value
- The staff was very nice. Breakfast was offered early to set out on to the Camino.
- Clean, roomy, simple but welcoming, and a great value. Hiking the Camino and they had laundry service which was a great help.
- Really nice people. Great shower! Food was excellent. Room was basic, clean and a good value.
El Trasgu de Foncebadón
El Trasgu de Foncebadón is set in Foncebadón, 13 mi from Ponferrada and 16 mi from Astorga. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. El Trasgu de Foncebadón features free WiFi throughout the property.There is a shared lounge at the property.A range of activities are offered in the area, such as cycling and hiking. Villafranca del Bierzo is 25 mi from El Trasgu de Foncebadón, while La Bañeza is 26 mi away.
- Loved everything about this beautiful place. The owners were just beautiful hosts and the care they gave to their clients was above and beyond. The room was spacious, spotless, and had the best bed we slept on since we began the Camino. The dinner and breakfast was one of the best we have had as well. I would love to stay here again.
The staff are friendly and accommodating . The little market is extremely well stocked for pilgrims’ needs. The laundry service is also a nice accommodation, and staff took care of the washing, drying and folding right away.
I thought the restaurant was quite good, and enjoyed the lentils at dinner.
- Fabulous hotel with a wonderful dining room that served food all day. Staff spoke english and was extraordinarily helpful. Room was clean, beds were comfortable and the shower large with lots of hot water. There was even a fan.
- Quite possibly the best place we’ve stayed at on the Camino!!! Doesn’t look like much in this little village but when she opens the door, it’s wonderful!!! The family that owns it were the best!!!
- Very surprising gem in the middle of nowhere. Rooms were great and breakfast very diverse
Convento de Foncebadon
Convento de Foncebadon in Foncebadón provides accommodations with a garden and a terrace. Featuring a shared lounge, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. Free WiFi is available.At the guesthouse, every room is equipped with a closet and a flat-screen TV. Convento de Foncebadon provides certain rooms with mountain views, and rooms include a private bathroom.Guests at the accommodation will be able to enjoy activities in and around Foncebadón, like hiking.Ponferrada is 18 miles from Convento de Foncebadon, while Astorga is 18 miles away.
The owner was so helpful and gracious.
He thought of all that one could possibly think of.
Loved the atmosphere and food
- Good location on the Camino! Food downstairs was handy and good.
- Clean, nice bathroom, comfortable beds. Great place to rest after a full day on the Camino. Food was good. You can order two “primeros” for dinner.
- Room was warm. When I arrived it was very cold and wet. Room was very cozy.
- The room was magnificent! The staff were awesome!! Everything we could have dreamed of!!! A must stay on your trip!!!!!!!
- The owner was so helpful and gracious.
Hostal el Palacio
Located in Molinaseca, Hostal el Palacio provides free WiFi. Among the various facilities are a seasonal outdoor swimming pool and a garden. Guests can use a bar.At the guesthouse, rooms include a desk and a flat-screen TV. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom with free toiletries and a hair dryer. The rooms have a closet.Ponferrada is 5 miles from Hostal el Palacio.
- Perfect for the Camino! Excellent location and top notch restaurant. Awesome view of the bridge!
- Great location along the river. Best sangria on our trip to date.
- Having walked from Rabanal, walking into town to see our hotel was positioned right next to the river was truly a sight for sore eyes.
- Absolutely beautiful. David at check-in was very friendly and helpful. The food was the best I’ve had and the breakfast was delicious. Wish I could have stayed longer.
- Great location. Hosts were nice. Laundry done in about an hour. Second stay here.
Top Guest Houses In Chana De Somoza Castile And Leon Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Chana de Somoza Castile and Leon to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Chana de Somoza Castile and Leon but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Chana de Somoza Castile and Leon. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!