10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Castro-Urdiales Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Castro-Urdiales Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Castro-urdiales Cantabria:
One of our best sellers in Castro-Urdiales! Hostal Catamaran is located in Castro-Urdiales, on the Cantabrian coast. This property offers rooms with free WiFi and a TV.The rooms at the Catamaran feature parquet floors and city views. Each one has a private bathroom with free toiletries.At Hostal Catamaran you will find a 24-hour front desk and a shared lounge. Other facilities offered at the property include vending machines.The nearest beach is a 10-minute walk from the guest house. Bilbao is a 25-minute drive from the property, and you can drive to Santander in around 40 minutes.
- Great place, extremely helpful staff, just one caution- it can be noisy at night.
- Good basic room at a good price. Right on the cameno and a wonderful city and beach can recommend without reservations
- Staff super friendly. Helped us with our Camino prep for the next day!
- Location. View of plaza. Clean. Friendly staff. Cheap parking along street. Overall a good visit.
I only stayed the one night, on my way to Potes for a walking holiday; so I can only comment on my one sunday night experience..
The lady on the front desk was friendly and helpful. The room, despite being on the small and dated side, with was clean, with what looked a recently refurbished bathroom. There was a T.V. on the wall, but no plug on the lead (no problem for me).
I had a room at the rear of the hostel, so despite there being not much of a view, very little noise came in from outside; but you could hear people coming and going, outside my room….not a problem for myself, but others may have an issue with this.
Hosteria Villa de Castro
One of our top picks in Castro-Urdiales.Located just 150 feet from Castro Urdiales Beach, Hosteria Villa de Castro offers bright rooms and studios with a flat-screen TV, heating and free Wi-Fi. Bilbao is only a 25-minute drive away.All rooms have functional décor, air conditioning, wooden floors and private bathroom. Studios also include a kitchenette.Hosteria Villa de Castro has a self-service laundry area with a washing machine and tumble dryer. You can also buy drinks and snacks from the on-site vending machines.The town of Castro Urdiales has a charming Medieval center and a bustling fishing port. You can taste fresh local seafood in bars and restaurants located in the streets around the property.Cabarceno Nature Reserve can be reached in 45 minutes’ drive from Hosteria Villa de Castro.
- The whole property was amazing and very beautiful.
- Great location, clean comfortable & breakfast included.
- The receptionist was awesome when we checked in. Her English was very good. I loved the funky decor. She also accommodated our request for an early breakfast. Easy access to the Camino finishing and starting the next day. Located in an area with lots of restaurants
- Self-service breakfast Available early in the morning
- The staff was quite good and helpful, the Location is very good.
Hostal Vista Alegre
Set 10-minutes walk away from the beach, Hostal Vista Alegre is located in Castro-Urdiales, 22 mi from Bilbao. Free private parking is available on site.Each bright room features a modern décor and comes with a flat-screen TV, and a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property. Hostal Vista Alegre features free WiFi thorough.The area is popular for its local gastronomy and the old town. Other popular beaches such as Laredo or Santoña are 30-mintues drive away.Santander is 43 mi from Hostal Vista Alegre, while Cabarceno Natural Park is 45 minutes’ drive away. Bilbao Airport is 16 mi from the property.
- We have stayed in 17 hotels during our Camino. All of them were great and good value for price. So I put the marks comparing all this 17 hotels on our way (10 – best, 9 good, 8 nothing special). The main differences are in room size, breakfast, room design and old of the room. This hotel is a good 9 score place.
Excellent reception – very helpful – helped with unloading luggage – changed room voluntarily because allocated room had had smokers previous night.
Well located for ferry at Bilbao. private secure parking.
- The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, hard-working and efficient. There was a problem with the water supply when we arrived – some sort of work being done – and when the work was finished we had no hot water for showers! The lady on reception resolved the situation then came to our room later to make sure we were OK – and to apologise even though the problem was not of her making. I think they call it going the extra mile.
- The entrance was bright and modern, the staff were helpful
- The towels were very nice – large and fluffy. The shower was good too and the bed was reasonably comfortable. There’s free secure parking on site – although be aware that if your vehicle is large, you’ll need to do multi-point turns to get in and out.
One of our best sellers in Castro-Urdiales! This stylish guest house is located 350 feet from the harbor in Castro Urdiales. It offers modern rooms and free Wi-Fi, 5 minutes’ walk from the beach.Rooms at Ardigales 11 feature smart, functional décor. Each includes a plasma satellite TV with USB port and a private bathroom.The Asador del Puerto Restaurant is located 350 feet away and offers traditional tapas and specialty fish and meat dishes. There is also a lounge in the guest house reception and a bar.The town offers many historic monuments. The Gothic Santa María de la Asunción Church and Santa Ana Castle are 5 minutes’ walk away.Ardigales 11 is ideally located for exploring the Cantabrian coastline and surfing areas. There is public parking 150 feet away and it is 22 mi from Bilbao. Santander is 45 minutes’ drive away.
- Everything. Perfect location. Great shower. Hosts wonderful.
- The room was small, but very well laid out. The shower was excellent. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked perfectly. The receptionist was friendly.
- Service was great, did not understand that the property was located above shops in the town; requested ground floor accommodations, as steps can pose problems. Staff was very accommodating and helped us with the problem.
- The hotel is at the part of the old town where all the happening, restaurants, bars are. The view from the room is to this narrow street. Very authentic looking from outside and very modern inside. It’s a few steps from Camino del Norte. The single room was just right amount of space to feel comfortable and the bathroom was especially roomy and very modern. This was my best hotel on my 2 weeks stay in Spain.
- Clean, newly renovated room with comfortable bed, great shower and super location. Owner was so kind and accommodating when we arrived early.
Pensión La Mar
Centrally located in Castro Urdiales, La Mar is on a quiet pedestrian street, 0.6 mi from the beach. It offers 24-hour reception, free Wi-Fi and heated rooms with flat-screen TVs.Featuring tiled floors, each room comes with a desk, wardrobe and telephone. There is a private bathroom with a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some rooms have a private balcony.La Mar has a lounge, where guests can relax. Tourist information is available and luggage storage is offered. A free fax service is available and pets are admitted upon prior request, subject to availability.
- Staff were wonderful. Great value. Excellent location.
Great staff, excellent location
Best value for money
- Friendly, helpful greeting and service at reception. Pleasant, unexceptional room with a small balcony that gave unexpectedly dramatic views of the sunset across the rooftops. Parking very easy within a minute or two. Lots of bars, restaurants close by.
- Warm reception by the owner at the desk! Super location close to the piers & all restaurants, bars and sites to visit! Room comfortable. Bathrooms have recently been remodeled and are well planned.
- I’ve stayed here before – it’s good value, clean, comfy and just the ticket if you’re en route to catch the morning ferry from Bilbao.
La Sota is offering accommodations in Castro-Urdiales. The property provides a shared lounge and free WiFi.The rooms in the guesthouse are equipped with a flat-screen TV. With a private bathroom, certain units at La Sota also feature a balcony.Bilbao is 21 miles from the accommodation, while Isla is 31 miles from the property. Bilbao Airport is 27 miles away.
- It’s basic but brilliant location, clean tidy, nice staff
- Very helpful staff place was spotless, very central.
- Die Lage direkt am Hafen, in der Nähe von Bäckerei, Tapas-Bars, Restaurants, Markthalle, historischen Gebäuden und Stränden war wunderschön! Trotz der sehr schlichten Ausstattung waren Zimmer und Bad sauber. Das Zimmer war frisch gestrichen.
- Le salva su buena ubicación. Lo único bueno que le vimos.
- Sehr schöne Lage oberhalb des Dorfes. Das Haus gepflegt und sehr schön renoviert.
Pensión “La Marina”
Next to the Castro Urdiales Harbor, Pensión La Marina features heated rooms with free Wi-Fi. It offers free luggage storage and it is set 1,500 feet from Playa Brazomar Beach.Decorated with white painted walls and blue doors, each room features a simple décor and wooden flooring. It includes a wardrobe, flat-screen TV and a shared bathroom with bath or shower. Some have a floor-to-ceiling window with nice view of the harbor.Guest can taste fresh local seafood in the restaurant inside the property. There is also a range of bars and shops in the medieval streets around the complex.The surrounding area is ideal for surfing and exploring the Cantabrian Coastline. Staff at reception can provide information about what to see and do in that area.You can drive to Bilbao and to Santander in less than 1 hour. Public parking is available nearby.
- I liked the quiet location right on the waterfront— my room faced the back. Old fashioned locks meant electronics could be powered while not in the room. Initially I was disappointed, but the simplicity grew on me and I felt my things were secure.
- The staff was very nice and friendly. The bathrooms are clean and with good showerheads.
- The location, just a block or two from the water and in the heart of the social district, was fantastic, especially for the price. Our room (with three twin beds) was lovely and bright, with a covered porch and lots of windows. The porch helped to mask some of the street noise at night, which was plentiful right in the heart of town. The shared bathrooms were clean and the showers hot. All in all, a great stop for two tired Camino del Norte pilgrims.
- Wonderful location. Simple accommodation with shared bathroom facilities, but including two options which was good. Our room faced onto the harbour with a fantastic view of the Church. Close to bars and restaurants and all the attractions of the town. A highlight of our Camino. If you are looking for cheap and clean accommodation this is great.
- Great location, with secure (but a bit pricey) underground car park very close by. Lovely view of the harbour and marina.
Pensión Jade is located in central Castro Urdiales, 5 minutes’ walk from the harbor and Ostende Beach. It offers stylish rooms with flat-screen TV and a 24-hour hot beverages service.Decorated in pastel tones, this guest house features a lounge with a small library, a tour desk and a luggage storage service. Each room at Pensión Jade has heating and a private bathroom, and there is free Wi-Fi throughout.There are plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Guests can visit the 13th-century church of Santa María de la Asunción or the Castillo Faro castle, 1,650 feet away.The center of Bilbao is 30 minutes’ drive away, while Santander is 47 mi away.
Room was very clean, but had no window. There was a skylight and ceiling fan, but room was just too warm and very tiny.
Room was very clean
- Excellent location, very simple but very clean and well located.
- Good communal seating area at reception and handy location.
- Clean, great location in centre of town and short walk to port and old part of town with all the bars and restaurants and tapas.
Not pretentious and not ripping off like Bilbao for the European Rugby
Good value and comfortable
- Room was very clean, but had no window. There was a skylight and ceiling fan, but room was just too warm and very tiny.
Posada La Torre de La Quintana
Posada La Torre de La Quintana is housed in a listed historical building that breathes an air of nobility and aristocracy, surrounded by the beautiful lush Cantabrian countryside. It also offers apartments located 2,650 feet from the main building.You will step back in time with its adjacent 15th-century tower, 17th-century house, coat of arms and medieval artifacts. The hotel has been painstakingly renovated and is tasteful and sleek in decoration, blending in perfectly with its backdrop. There is free Wi-Fi in all shared areas.Guests at the apartments can make use of the internet connection in shared areas and the fitness center of Posada La Torre de La Quintana main building.
- The building itself was beautiful and so were the grounds.
- Wonderful after a day on the Camino! Arrived after walking in the rain and received a warm welcome and lovely room! Comfortable bed and lovely furnishings! Recommend highly!
- Very convenient hotel for last night before ferry from Bilbao. However, we were disturbed by two men very late at night on the upper floor
- Beautiful building in s beautiful location. It could not have been more relaxing and pleasant.
- Stunning renovation of what claims to be the oldest house in Liendo. Historical and charming, room with large comfortable bed and bathroom with separate bathtub and shower. . Mara at the front desk was exceptionally helpful and friendly.
Hostal El Carro
Located in Laredo, Hostal El Carro provides a garden and terrace. The property features a bar, as well as a restaurant serving Spanish cuisine. Both free WiFi and private parking are available at the guesthouse.At Hostal El Carro, every room is equipped with a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom. All rooms include a closet.A continental breakfast is served every morning at the property.Santander is 29 miles from the accommodation, while Castro-Urdiales is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 27 miles from the property.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. They explained everything we needed to know. The Hostal is very unusual in its design and has a lovely feel to it. We would have loved to stay longer. Winter doesn’t do it justice. Our room had a balcony with beautiful views of Laredo and the sea.
Whilst the room was not huge, it was perfectly adequate. It was warm, clean and comfortable and very good value. Unfortunately we had to leave early to catch a ferry so weren’t able to sample the breakfast.
- Very easy to find good location for the motorway, authentic Spanish feel food and prices great.
The views from our room were beautiful . The balcony was a bonus .
The hotel restaurant was quiet but the owner cooked us a delicious 3 course meal including wine for a very reasonable price .
Room was very clean and the WiFi connection good .
- Location and close proximity to lore do. Peaceful except for traffic noise.
- The paella in the restaurant was really good. The WiFi was excellent and the view over Laredo from the room was stunning. The 1 km walk up the hill also provided great views over the town.
- The staff were very friendly and helpful. They explained everything we needed to know. The Hostal is very unusual in its design and has a lovely feel to it. We would have loved to stay longer. Winter doesn’t do it justice. Our room had a balcony with beautiful views of Laredo and the sea.
Top Guest Houses In Castro-urdiales Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Castro-Urdiales Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!