10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Carranza Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Carranza Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Carranza Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Carranza Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Carranza Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Carranza Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Carranza Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Carranza Basque Country:
Balneario Casa Pallotti
Set in Carranza, 34 mi from Bilbao, Balneario Casa Pallotti features a restaurant and free WiFi. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature a seating area for your convenience. Some units have views of the mountain or river. Every room comes with free WiFi and a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is provided in some units.Bike hire and car hire are available at this guest house and the area is popular for cycling.Santander is 41 mi from Balneario Casa Pallotti, while Castro-Urdiales is 27 mi away. Bilbao Airport is 40 mi from the property.
- Friendly service with clean rooms and fantastic views. Food was delicious and good value for money.
- El Balneario está situado en el Valle de carranza, un lugar precioso, verde, tranquilo, realmente muy especial. El edificio es grande y cómodo, las habitaciones son austeras pero tienen todo lo necesario para pasar unas noches muy a gusto. Se agradece que se pueda disfrutar de la piscina de agua termal o de las bañeras dentro del precio de la habitación. El personal es agradable y simpático. Y naturalmente, el precioso y enorme parque que tienen para pasear.
Hotel no esta mal,pero de noche no ay nadie en hotel,ni ay camaras etc y todas las puertas del hotel abiertas.
Y mi experiencia no fue muy buena,pq deje la llave en recepción ala chica del hotel y no me informaron q sla noche no habia nadie,yo sali a cenar fuera del hotel y al terminar llege al hotel y con sorpresa hotel abierto recepcion cerrado y yo sin llaves. Llamar sl tlf fijo q avia de emergencia en hotel y consorpresa q tlf sonaba alau mio!!!!!, Con lo cual no me cogia nadie y despues de q mi compañero y yo mirar por todo hotel y no ver a nadie la decioon y unica cosa q podiamos gacer fur ira dormir al coche, cuando tenia habitación pagada y mi maleta dentro de la habitación,y no podía hacer mas, asta las 8,30 de la mañana q llego la chica de recepción.
Esa fue mi experiencia en el hotel.
- los huéspedes no estaban con el móvil en la mano. Nos llamó la atención
- La atención del personal tanto de recepción como de los masajistas. Todos en general.
Located in Gibaja, Casa Pardo has a bar. Spanish cuisine is served at the restaurant.At the guesthouse, every room is equipped with a terrace. Free WiFi is available to all guests, while some rooms come with a balcony. All rooms include a desk.Castro-Urdiales is 25 miles from Casa Pardo. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 34 miles from the property.
- Excellent room with comfy beds, good food and a really helpful landlady. Lovely village and ideally located for some great walking
- The ease of booking in and the situation. The bath was fantastic really hot we had a cold wet cycle before arriving! The bed was small for 2 but comfortable enough.
- En general está bien la habitación y el baño q está limpio. La cama es cómoda aunq no la almohada.le pedimos un secador de pelo a una persona del restaurante y nos lo presto haciéndonos un gran favor. Volveremos !!!
- El trato personal, la comodidad de las camas, y la limpieza general.
- La bonne volonté des hôtes pour améliorer le confort. Le petit déjeuner.
Posada el Molino de Cadalso
Posada el Molino de Cadalso is offering accommodations in Cereceda. Providing a restaurant, the property also has a terrace. Free WiFi is at guests’ disposal.Cycling is among the activities that guests can enjoy near the guesthouse.Castro-Urdiales is 23 miles from Posada el Molino de Cadalso. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 32 miles from the property.
- Gorgeous place spotlessly clean with lovely staff. Will defo visit again.
Room was very comfortable and quiet.
Food in the restaurant next door was exquisite ! Staff very helpful and friendly .
Hope to return for the Turbot alone !!
- An evening meal of Tuna (caught the day before) and Padron peppers grown in the garden. It doesn’t come much better!
- A beautiful spot. Secluded, peaceful, very clean and comfortable. The owners were very hospitable and ensured that everything was to our liking despite our lack of Spanish and their lack of English. We had a delightful room with velux windows and a bathroom on a mezzanine. The restaurant served homegrown food, fresh and delicious and the waitress spoke good English. Things in Spain run on a different timescale…dinners often don’t happen until 9pm and breakfasts are late. Not a problem if you link into ‘Spanish’time
- Locally sourced food. Kind and careful host. Lovely room cold beer!
Hostal Restaurante La pinta
Hostal Restaurante La pinta features free WiFi and views of city in Ampuero. Providing a restaurant, the property also has a terrace and a bar.All guest rooms in the guesthouse are equipped with a TV. Rooms are complete with a private bathroom, while certain rooms at Hostal Restaurante La pinta also feature a balcony. Guest rooms include a closet.A continental breakfast is available every morning at the property.Castro-Urdiales is 20 miles from the accommodation, while Isla is 20 miles away. Santander Airport is 29 miles from the property.
- Restaurant has good traditional Cantabrian cooking.
El hostal tiene 40 años y para ese tiempo….esta muy aceptable…in situ el precio es rompedor!!!!! El personal es muy amable….pero las habitaciones necesitan reformas especialmente suelo y una alfombra!!!!!! Y no hay aire acondicionado en septiembre y Cantabria …pase calor…
Aun asi yo le daria un notable un 7 reconozco que la relacion calidad/ precio esta insuperable!!!! Ampuero tiene mucho ambiente!!!!! Y estais a 5′ de Laredo y toda la costa 100/% recomendable y tiene parqing!!!!!!!
- Nos gustó mucho la ubicación del hotel, Ampuero un lugar encantador. En el hotel, los pinchos de tortilla muy recomendables. El personal muy atento y amable.
- Die Umgebung und auch das Essen in den Restaurauts waren spitze
- La habitación estaba limpia y era amplia, excepto el baño. Tienen un restaurante, con menú, raciones y hamburguesas. Nosotros cenamos hamburguesas y estaban buenisimas. Y muy grandes. La ubicación es buena, es un pueblo bonito de visitar.
Hosteria Villa de Castro
One of our top picks in Castro-Urdiales.Located just 150 feet from Castro Urdiales Beach, Hosteria Villa de Castro offers bright rooms and studios with a flat-screen TV, heating and free Wi-Fi. Bilbao is only a 25-minute drive away.All rooms have functional décor, air conditioning, wooden floors and private bathroom. Studios also include a kitchenette.Hosteria Villa de Castro has a self-service laundry area with a washing machine and tumble dryer. You can also buy drinks and snacks from the on-site vending machines.The town of Castro Urdiales has a charming Medieval center and a bustling fishing port. You can taste fresh local seafood in bars and restaurants located in the streets around the property.Cabarceno Nature Reserve can be reached in 45 minutes’ drive from Hosteria Villa de Castro.
- The whole property was amazing and very beautiful.
- Great location, clean comfortable & breakfast included.
- The receptionist was awesome when we checked in. Her English was very good. I loved the funky decor. She also accommodated our request for an early breakfast. Easy access to the Camino finishing and starting the next day. Located in an area with lots of restaurants
- Self-service breakfast Available early in the morning
- The staff was quite good and helpful, the Location is very good.
One of our best sellers in Castro-Urdiales! Hostal Catamaran is located in Castro-Urdiales, on the Cantabrian coast. This property offers rooms with free WiFi and a TV.The rooms at the Catamaran feature parquet floors and city views. Each one has a private bathroom with free toiletries.At Hostal Catamaran you will find a 24-hour front desk and a shared lounge. Other facilities offered at the property include vending machines.The nearest beach is a 10-minute walk from the guest house. Bilbao is a 25-minute drive from the property, and you can drive to Santander in around 40 minutes.
- Great place, extremely helpful staff, just one caution- it can be noisy at night.
- Good basic room at a good price. Right on the cameno and a wonderful city and beach can recommend without reservations
- Staff super friendly. Helped us with our Camino prep for the next day!
I only stayed the one night, on my way to Potes for a walking holiday; so I can only comment on my one sunday night experience..
The lady on the front desk was friendly and helpful. The room, despite being on the small and dated side, with was clean, with what looked a recently refurbished bathroom. There was a T.V. on the wall, but no plug on the lead (no problem for me).
I had a room at the rear of the hostel, so despite there being not much of a view, very little noise came in from outside; but you could hear people coming and going, outside my room….not a problem for myself, but others may have an issue with this.
- The hotel was clean, reception was responsive, helpful and friendly. All in all I would recommend this place a cheap getaway but really as a room to sleep in and wash in!
Hostal Vista Alegre
Set 10-minutes walk away from the beach, Hostal Vista Alegre is located in Castro-Urdiales, 22 mi from Bilbao. Free private parking is available on site.Each bright room features a modern décor and comes with a flat-screen TV, and a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property. Hostal Vista Alegre features free WiFi thorough.The area is popular for its local gastronomy and the old town. Other popular beaches such as Laredo or Santoña are 30-mintues drive away.Santander is 43 mi from Hostal Vista Alegre, while Cabarceno Natural Park is 45 minutes’ drive away. Bilbao Airport is 16 mi from the property.
- We have stayed in 17 hotels during our Camino. All of them were great and good value for price. So I put the marks comparing all this 17 hotels on our way (10 – best, 9 good, 8 nothing special). The main differences are in room size, breakfast, room design and old of the room. This hotel is a good 9 score place.
- The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, hard-working and efficient. There was a problem with the water supply when we arrived – some sort of work being done – and when the work was finished we had no hot water for showers! The lady on reception resolved the situation then came to our room later to make sure we were OK – and to apologise even though the problem was not of her making. I think they call it going the extra mile.
- The entrance was bright and modern, the staff were helpful
- The towels were very nice – large and fluffy. The shower was good too and the bed was reasonably comfortable. There’s free secure parking on site – although be aware that if your vehicle is large, you’ll need to do multi-point turns to get in and out.
- Very friendly, breakfast was excellent. Location was good and easy to find. Staff were very helpful.
Palacio de los Alvarado
This restored castle consists of a Medieval tower, an 18th-century palace and a private chapel, set in attractive gardens. Located an hour’s drive from Bilbao, it offers rustic-style rooms with wonderful mountain views.Rooms at Palacio de los Alvarado are individually decorated, with hardwood floors and furniture. Each one has a TV, heating and a private bathroom with toiletries.The Palacio’s charming country-style restaurant offers regional cuisine. A light breakfast of coffee, toast and pastries is served daily. You can enjoy a drink in the bar or outside in the garden.Free Wi-Fi is available in reception, and staff are happy to provide information about the area. Santander and Burgos are both less than 90 minutes away by car. Free parking is offers on site.
- We liked the fact that it was an old castle converted to a bed & breakfast type hotel. Bathrooms were modern and clean. Staff was very friendly and accommodating.
- Wonderful former castle full of antiques and collectibles set off the beaten track. Hospitality of Manuel was wonderful – we even received chocolates for our anniversary. Bedroom was amazing.
- The owners were very friendly and made us feel welcome in their hotel even with the language barriers.
- Staff were welcoming. Room was big and clean really nice with original features and lots of character. Breakfast was nice with orangd juice and home made toast. Small aelection of varied options to please all tastes.
- la posada muy familiar y acogedora y los dueños muy amables
Hostal El Carro
Located in Laredo, Hostal El Carro provides a garden and terrace. The property features a bar, as well as a restaurant serving Spanish cuisine. Both free WiFi and private parking are available at the guesthouse.At Hostal El Carro, every room is equipped with a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom. All rooms include a closet.A continental breakfast is served every morning at the property.Santander is 29 miles from the accommodation, while Castro-Urdiales is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 27 miles from the property.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. They explained everything we needed to know. The Hostal is very unusual in its design and has a lovely feel to it. We would have loved to stay longer. Winter doesn’t do it justice. Our room had a balcony with beautiful views of Laredo and the sea.
Whilst the room was not huge, it was perfectly adequate. It was warm, clean and comfortable and very good value. Unfortunately we had to leave early to catch a ferry so weren’t able to sample the breakfast.
- Very easy to find good location for the motorway, authentic Spanish feel food and prices great.
The views from our room were beautiful . The balcony was a bonus .
The hotel restaurant was quiet but the owner cooked us a delicious 3 course meal including wine for a very reasonable price .
Room was very clean and the WiFi connection good .
- Location and close proximity to lore do. Peaceful except for traffic noise.
- The paella in the restaurant was really good. The WiFi was excellent and the view over Laredo from the room was stunning. The 1 km walk up the hill also provided great views over the town.
- The staff were very friendly and helpful. They explained everything we needed to know. The Hostal is very unusual in its design and has a lovely feel to it. We would have loved to stay longer. Winter doesn’t do it justice. Our room had a balcony with beautiful views of Laredo and the sea.
Pensión “La Marina”
Next to the Castro Urdiales Harbor, Pensión La Marina features heated rooms with free Wi-Fi. It offers free luggage storage and it is set 1,500 feet from Playa Brazomar Beach.Decorated with white painted walls and blue doors, each room features a simple décor and wooden flooring. It includes a wardrobe, flat-screen TV and a shared bathroom with bath or shower. Some have a floor-to-ceiling window with nice view of the harbor.Guest can taste fresh local seafood in the restaurant inside the property. There is also a range of bars and shops in the medieval streets around the complex.The surrounding area is ideal for surfing and exploring the Cantabrian Coastline. Staff at reception can provide information about what to see and do in that area.You can drive to Bilbao and to Santander in less than 1 hour. Public parking is available nearby.
- I liked the quiet location right on the waterfront— my room faced the back. Old fashioned locks meant electronics could be powered while not in the room. Initially I was disappointed, but the simplicity grew on me and I felt my things were secure.
- The staff was very nice and friendly. The bathrooms are clean and with good showerheads.
- The location, just a block or two from the water and in the heart of the social district, was fantastic, especially for the price. Our room (with three twin beds) was lovely and bright, with a covered porch and lots of windows. The porch helped to mask some of the street noise at night, which was plentiful right in the heart of town. The shared bathrooms were clean and the showers hot. All in all, a great stop for two tired Camino del Norte pilgrims.
- Wonderful location. Simple accommodation with shared bathroom facilities, but including two options which was good. Our room faced onto the harbour with a fantastic view of the Church. Close to bars and restaurants and all the attractions of the town. A highlight of our Camino. If you are looking for cheap and clean accommodation this is great.
- Great location, with secure (but a bit pricey) underground car park very close by. Lovely view of the harbour and marina.
Top Guest Houses In Carranza Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Carranza Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Carranza Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Carranza Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!