10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Borleña Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Borleña Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Borleña Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Borleña Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Borleña Cantabria. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Borleña Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Borleña Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Borleña Cantabria:
Posada La Anjana
Featuring rooms with views of the hills or the Pas River, Posada La Anjana is 0.6 mi from Puente Viesgo’s caves. Surrounded by lush gardens, it offers easy access to the Vía Verde del Pas cycling route.Posada La Anjana’s individually decorated rooms have a balcony and a flat-screen TV. The private bathroom includes free toiletries.Traditional Cantabrian cuisine is served in the Anjana’s rustic restaurant, which offers views of the surrounding countryside. The guest house also has a café and a library, and free Wi-Fi is available on the ground floor.The Puente Viesgo Springs are nearby, and discounts are available for entry and treatments. There are also discounts for the Cabárceno Nature Reserve. La Anjana also offers bicycle rental.The beaches of the Cantabrian Sea can be reached in 35 minutes by car. The ferry terminal in Santander is 22 mi away.
- Lovely little quaint hotel , my third visit , great location for a twenty mile drive to or from Santander port..they don’t speak a word of English ,I don’t speak a word of Spanish but we all got on great and value for money it is inbeatable,have their late dinner and breakfast amazing value
- Lovely hotel in a beautiful location. Lovely walk along the river and fascinating Neanderthal caves to visit. A special place.
This is a great location if you are coming off a late ferry to Santander. I have stayed here twice travelling by car and the motorbike. Why? Because the route from here to Burgos is a scenic journey if the weather is good.
The Hotel is clean. Well positioned. Good parking for bikes. Breakfast is typically Spanish and good. However overall it’s pricey for what you get. Nonetheless I would stay again for the convenience and the scenic ride (weather permitting)
- Within easy access of Santander and very easy to find (sat nav took us to the door). This early in the year, the two couples traveling together we’re the only guests. But this did not matter. Rooms were warm, food was excellent, views were stunning and there were areas nearby to walk the dog.
- Lovely situation, friendly, helpful staff, good WiFi. Easy access to the town. Ten minute drive to El Castillo cave paintings.
Posada Rincón del Pas
Just a few feet from the River Pas, Posada Rincon del Pas has a peaceful setting next to Puente Viesgo’s famous spa. This charming country house offers individually decorated rooms and a restaurant.Each attractive room at Posada Rincon del Pas has a balcony overlooking its gardens. All rooms feature free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and orthopedic mattresses.Guests can enjoy a homemade breakfast in the Rincon del Pas’ restaurant, which offers Spanish cuisine for lunch and dinner.The surrounding Cantabrian countryside is ideal for hiking, and guests receive discounts on entry to Cabárceno Natural Park, the Fuente Dé Cable Car and the Maritime Museum. The hotel is on a Vía Verde cycling route.
This is a small personally run hotel with rooms that have been very nicely decorated. There’s a lovely garden to sit in. The woman who owns the place was very gracious and helpful – she volunteered to drive me up the mountain so I wouldn’t have to walk the 1.25 miles to the caves of Monte Castillo. The 2 caves are well worth visiting (closed Mon & Tues) with an excellent bi-lingual guide for each. Make reservations before going.
I took a bus to Puente Viesgo from Santander. It’s then a 2-block walk across the river to the hotel. An excellent breakfast was provided as well as a very good glass of wine in the garden.
- The bed was very comfortable and the room was clean
- Todo cuidado al detalle lo que además de bonito hace que sea muy acogedo,la atención inmejorable,te explican y ayudan con todo,el desayuno casero con tordilla de patata impresionante, salimos súper contentos y seguros de que es un sitio para recomendar y volver.
En generaal todo genial.Ambiente acogedor y familiar.Comida casera espectacular.
El pueblo precioso y tranquilo.
Muy buena situación
Cama y almohada cómodas
- This is a small personally run hotel with rooms that have been very nicely decorated. There’s a lovely garden to sit in. The woman who owns the place was very gracious and helpful – she volunteered to drive me up the mountain so I wouldn’t have to walk the 1.25 miles to the caves of Monte Castillo. The 2 caves are well worth visiting (closed Mon & Tues) with an excellent bi-lingual guide for each. Make reservations before going.
Offering free WiFi, El Centro is located in Vargas. Providing a restaurant, the property also features a bar.Santander is 17 miles from the guesthouse, while Santillana del Mar is 11 miles from the property. Santander Airport is 14 miles away.
- Above all I appreciated the friendly welcome of my host, despite the late hour of my arrival. The pension is situated in beautiful surroundings and is an excellent choice for anyone using the ferries to and from Santander. My boat was 5 hours late arriving in Santander and the fact that the journey to my lodgings was less than 30 minutes made a big difference. The accommodation is more than adequate in terms of facilities and rates very highly for cleanliness and value for money. I shall certainly go there again.
- Location was perfect for us and good value for money. Microwave available in foyer area with tables and chairs. Supermarket, Tavern and Pharmacy across the road.
- The owner was very helpfull and spoke good english.The place was very clean. with very comfy bed & pillows. It was a 2 minute drive to the caves we went to vist.
- Very close to Santander and motorway if you need it, friendly staff with suggestions where to go and what to visit – used that knowlidge and had a perfect day riding motorbike through the mountains
- Booked late as ferry was two hours late. Hotel phoned me to confirm rooms, very good place. Clean and comfy at very cheap price. Well recommended.
Posada La Braniza
Featuring free WiFi, Posada la Braniza is located in Vega de Pas. This guest house offers free breakfast, a restaurant and bar on site, barbecue facilities and a shared terrace.Each heated room at this guest house has 1 double or 2 single beds, a flat-screen TV, and closet. The private bathroom comes with a spa bath or shower. All rooms have access to a balcony.There is a shared lounge at this property where guests can relax, as well as a garden. An array of activities can be arranged on site or in the surroundings, including hiking.The Pas River is 650 feet from Posada La Braniza, and Collados del Ason Nature Reserve can be reached in 5 minutes by car.
- Nice quite location and comfortable. Good stop for your way out or back from the Spain UK ferry. Everyone was pleasant. Excellent value
- View from the room was amazing!!! The room spacious and clean, everything was perfect for pur stay. We had a lovely time over there. I recommend this place as you can have a taste of local food and environment. Thank you!
Lovely property, huge bed, all facilities we needed. Very quiet, great location for touring the area. Lots of eating choice in the village. Breakfast was very good and served by a cheerful and helpful lady.
Extremely good value for money
Lovely house, and somewhere to eat not far away (tapas).
In small rustic village with amenities, shop, 2 bars, bakery etc.
- Everything. Charming rural village in beautiful mountain countryside.
Hostal Mirones 634
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Mirones 634 offers accommodations in Pomaluengo, 12 mi from Santander. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Cabarceno Park is 4.3 mi away.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV is featured.Santillana del Mar is 11 mi from Mirones 634, while Suances is 9.9 mi away. Santander Airport is 9.9 mi from the property.
- The evening meal – really inventive chef. Served with flare. Heavenly degustation menu – like a tasting menu at a swanky restaurant!!
- Muy buena localización, excelente trato, las instalaciones y limpieza están muy bien
Lo que más me ha gustado es la amabilidad de los dueños siempre dispuestos a ayudar en lo que necesitemos, lo bien situado que estaba, cercano de muchos puntos típicos de visita y la exquisita comida.
Si algún día volvemos , sin duda ese será nuestro alojamiento.
El trato del personal es excelente
Todo cuidado al detalle
La habitación todo correcto, el personal muy amable y la comida del restaurante riquísima.
Posada El Arrabal
Offering both rooms and apartments, Posada El Arrabal is a traditional stone house located in Arenas de Iguña. All the air-conditioned accommodations at this cozy guest house features free Wi-Fi.Each bright room has colorful rustic or modern décor, a private balcony and a TV. The private bathroom includes a bath tub or shower. The apartments also offer a living room with a sofa bed and a kitchenette with an oven, ceramic hob and kitchenware.The guest house has a spacious air-conditioned lounge with a fireplace and sofas, as well as a dining room on the ground floor.Trains to Santander leave from Arenas de Igunya Train Station, 500 feet from the property. You can reach the charming village of Santillana del Mar in 30 minutes by car from Posada El Arrabal. Santander is 31 mi away.
- Cleanliness. Well equipped kitchen. Comfy beds. Very friendly owner. Great bars to eat in nearby.
The owner is one of the most enthusiastic hosts I have ever met – but I couldn’t understand any Spanish. He then arranged for a friend to come and interpret for us so that we could get settled in. The room was absolutely fantastic and was fitted out to a very high standard. It was warm, comfortable and welcoming – just what was required on a cold, snowy January evening.
The hotel does not have any facilities for evening meals though there is a bar next door (with average quality food) and another restaurant (not visited) elsewhere in the village. There is, however, a very welcoming lounge with (on the evening) a roaring fire and English TV should it be required.
Breakfast was truly continental – coffee, toast, juice and spreads.
A word of warning to those (like me) that do not read all of the booking information. Take cash – the hotel (like the bar next door) does not accept credit cards. There are a few ATMs in the village (thankfully).
- After leaving the Ferry port in Santander, this accommodation was the ideal distance for our onward travel through Spain. Beautifully decorated rooms, cosy lounge with open fire. Breakfast was served in a pleasant room on china crockery. Staff were extremely friendly. Nearby bars and restaurants.
- The hotel is nicely located in the village and the village is just off the motorway and easy to find. Although parking is not a feature of the hotel, cars can be parked in a safe area near the town hall (and visible from the hotel).
- Nice and clean, modern facilities in a traditional building. Nice breakfast. Parking lot across the street by the city hall had plenty of parking. Also, a nice bar next door.
Posada Las Mozas del Agua
Posada Las Mozas del Agua is set in the Cantabrian town of Riocorvo. It offers a garden, a terrace, free Wi-Fi, free parking and easy access to the A67 Motorway. Torrelavega is just 3.7 mi away.The large rustic rooms feature wooden beams and exposed stone walls. All have heating, a fan and a flat-screen TV. There is a work desk and the private bathroom comes with toiletries. A hairdryer can be requested at reception.A continental breakfast is served at the Mozas del Agua. Lunch and dinner are also available. There is a bar and a terrace. The Posada also offers a children’s play park.Luggage storage is offered. Nearby Cohicillos and Los Corrales de Buelna are known for their festivals. Suances Beach is 12 mi away and you can reach Santander Airport in 20 minutes by car.
- Although we arrived late the owner was happy to prepare a meal for us which was excellent.
- Owners were so helpful and friendly. A lovely atmosphere.
- Life can sometimes be difficult for a vegetarian in Spain, but the proprietor Augustin’s charming wife (whose name I forgot to ask) made me one of the most delicious vegetarian dishes I’ve ever had anywhere.
- Very friendly, nice bar open when we arrived. Good location for ferry.
- Great Location for a stopover on the way to Santander for the Ferry, lovely friendly village and the staff were very welcoming and helpful. Also, dog friendly
Pensión la Campanilla
Offering rustic apartments and rooms, Pensión la Campanilla has a picturesque setting in the Pisueña Valley, in La Penilla. Dating from 1940, this traditional mountain house has a terrace.Accommodations at Pensión la Campanilla features a simple décor and some apartments have beamed ceilings. There is free Wi-Fi, heating and a private bathroom. Apartments have a seating area and a kitchenette.The property is set in the center of La Penilla and the surrounding valley is ideal for hiking. There is a sports center and a football stadium 1.2 mi away, and the nearest golf club is 9.3 mi from the Campanilla.Santander and the Cantabrian coastline can be reached in 30 minutes by car. Bilbao is less than 62 mi away.
- The owner and his daughter stayed open for us until 12.30pm as the ferry was delayed. Not a problem. Very friendly and co-operative.
- Breakfast was not available Breakfast would have been good
- La cocina y el baño todo muy nuevo hasta la bayeta de la cocina.Eche en falta una tabla de partir carne,y un exprimidor aunque sea de mano.Las mantas y sabanas super nuevas y calentitas.
- El trato afable e inmejorable del propietario. Un 10. Era la primera vez pero seguro no será la última. Pedro es la amabilidad personificada
- Relación calidad/precio excelente, trato genial y todo muy limpio!!
LaBalbina offers pet-friendly accommodations in San Román.The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.You will find a tour desk at the property.Guests can enjoy various activities in the surroundings, including fishing and hiking. Santander is 17 mi from LaBalbina, while Santillana del Mar is 16 mi away. Santander Airport is 14 mi from the property.
No reviews yet.
Featuring a garden and free Wi-Fi throughout, Casa Velarde is a 17th-century guest house located in Viernoles, just 3.1 mi from Torrelavega. Comillas Beach is a 30-minute drive away.This charming property features exposed stone walls and wooden beams. Its rustic-style rooms come with a wardrobe, flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a bath or shower and hairdryer. There is a shared lounge area and a breakfast buffet is served daily.Surrounded by valleys, Casa Velarde is well situate for outdoor activities such as hiking and trekking.Dunas de Liencres Nature Reserve is 20 minutes’ drive away. Santander Airpor is 19 mi from the property. There is free private parking on site.
- Lovely building, beautiful location, great hostess, very comfortable
- It was conveniently located off of the highway and there was on-site parking.
- Very convenient for an overnight stop, about 30 minutes travel from Santander ferry terminal. Charming old property with a lot of family history. Helpful friendly host. Good restaurant within 10-15 minutes walk.
Traditional Spanish accommodation with secure parking within easy reach of Santander before the ferry home. Pleasant village setting and easy to find with directions given. Unfortunately the local bar/ restaurant was closed.
The owner was welcoming and spoke some English. Our room was on the ground floor but there was no private area to sit outside so we felt we were sitting more in family space although our host was happy for us to use the courtyard table.
The bathroom was a wet room equipped for disabled use which we hadn’t specifically requested and was in need of some updating.
- Wonderful staff – the lady was very pleasant and the breakfast was tasty. The place has a retro Spanish villa look, with antique furniture etc. etc., with pleasant coolness in the room. The room was cleaned every day.
Top Guest Houses In Borleña Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Borleña Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Borleña Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Borleña Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!