10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Azpeitia Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Azpeitia Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Azpeitia Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Azpeitia Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Azpeitia Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Azpeitia Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Azpeitia Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Azpeitia Basque Country:
Located in Azpeitia, Pensión Otola provides free WiFi. Among the various facilities are a garden, a terrace, as well as a bar. A tour desk can provide information on the area.The rooms in the guesthouse are equipped with a flat-screen TV. With a shared bathroom, certain accommodations at Pensión Otola also offer a balcony.San Sebastian is 25 miles from the accommodation, while Zarautz is 15 miles away. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 36 miles from the property.
It is clean although we had to use shared bathroom and toilet.
The landlord is nice although she doesn’t speak English.
The interior look is nice with tasteful decoration.
- The rooms are clean and well equipped. Bathrooms were clean. Towels were supplied. Comfortable room.
- The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pension was very clean and the food and wine were good.
- Everything was perfect. The staff, the facilities, the surroundings and probably the best of everything was the mattress and of course Mertxe, so kind, helpful and friendly. Great stay and highly recommended.
- It was beautifully decorated and the hostess was extremely helpful and friendly. A very peaceful place.
- It is clean although we had to use shared bathroom and toilet.
Offering an outdoor swimming pool and a restaurant, Izarre is a stone house located in the Basque village of Errezil. Set in gardens, it offers rustic-style rooms with free WiFi.Each heated room features exposed stone walls and wooden beams, with a TV and wardrobe. The private bathroom comes with free toiletries and a hairdryer.Basque cuisine, prepared with produce from the vegetable garden, is served in the on-site restaurant. There is also a cider bar where guests can sample Basque ciders.San Sebastián is located a 40-minute drive from Izarre, via the A1 Motorway, while Bilbao can be reached in an hour. Free private parking is offered on site.
Wonderful location at the foot of Mount Ernio. The staff is excellent. Good food at reasonable prices (don’t miss the soup!) and pets are allowed. Our dog enjoyed the stay as much as we did. We will come back.
Don’t expect sophistication, expect authentic Basque traditional hospitality.
No English spoken.
- The hotel is very well placed when you are looking for peace and nature! The area is beautiful, the room are nice/clean and the people working there are nice too.
- Amazing mountain getaway. Very isolated and beautiful. Has a pool but this is a bit run down.
- nothing why say that english spoken here when no body does very awkward
- Its a lovely place with a nice view of the valley.
- Wonderful location at the foot of Mount Ernio. The staff is excellent. Good food at reasonable prices (don’t miss the soup!) and pets are allowed. Our dog enjoyed the stay as much as we did. We will come back.
Located 2.2 mi from the town of Azkoitia, Agroturismo Zulueta offers rooms with heating and free WiFi.Exposed stone walls and wooden beams lend a rustic décor to this guest house with a shared kitchen and a lounge. Barbecue facilities are available outside.The rooms have a TV, wardrobe, and a private bathroom with a shower. Hairdryers are provided.The coastal town of Zumaia is a 20-minute drive from the property, while San Sebastian and Bilbao are 50 minutes away by car.
- Host was very nice and accommodating of our late arrival
Lovely and helpful hostess/owner who shared interesting visitor maps. The property is stunningly beautiful, and located in one of the most beautiful and spectacular valleys I have ever visited! Total peace and serenity. The property is a family home built from local rocks and wood which creates a personal, cozy and rustic atmosphere. The beautiful dog (fastened in the dog house) also adds value to the homely feel.
Huge bathroom and enormous bedroom with comfortable, large bed, huge closet and traditional furniture. Breathtaking views of the mountains and valleys, wauw! Lovely outdoor patio with spacious tables and benches, and fabulous view as well.
- A beautiful rural setting to which we were welcomed by a very friendly host. Our room was warm and spacious next to a large open area that had a seating area around a fire which we lit. Good kitchen facilities to cook for ourselves knowing there was no food available. Breakfast was adequate when supplemented by our own provisions.
- Amazing area, beautiful location. Very clean and nice rooms
- Lovely location in the forest of Zulueta. The host was very friendly and keen to make our stay comfortable. The room was big, clean and comfortable.
Pension Txarriduna provides rooms in Elgóibar. Featuring a tour desk, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. Every room has a flat-screen TV with satellite channels.At the guesthouse, the rooms have a desk. With a private bathroom, rooms at Pension Txarriduna also provide guests with free WiFi. The rooms feature a closet.San Sebastian is 29 miles from the accommodation, while Bilbao is 33 miles away. Bilbao Airport is 34 miles from the property.
- I loved that the room was always clean,no problem with dogs,near some shops. You can eat at the hotel restaurant and it’s cheap and with good fish dishes.
- Very helpful and pleasant staff. Very good restaurant on site.
- Las vistas espectaculares con vistas a la montaña.
- Habitación pillada muy a última hora para fraccionar un viaje largo. Aunque llegamos tarde todo fueron facilidades para hacer el registro. Parking cercano al aire libre con plazas reservadas para los clientes. Habitación y baño pequeños pero suficientes. Descanso óptimo, con comodidad y sin ruidos molestos ni de dentro ni del exterior. Por el precio que pagamos no se puede pedir más.
- Fui solo a hacer una noche de paso. Está muy cerca de una de las entradas al pueblo, en un lugar tranquilo, y con facilidad para el aparcamiento gratuito ya que te lo ofrece la misma pensión/hotel. Restaurantes y bares justo al lado, además del propio del hotel.
Hostal Xaloa Orio Guesthouse
This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. Located in a quiet location in the town of Orio, Hostal Xaloa is just 1.2 mi from Zarautz and 7.5 mi from San Sebastian. It has a tavern and a terrace.All of the rooms have a private bathroom, heating and a cable TV. They also have free Wi-Fi, and all rooms have tiled floors.Breakfast is available, and the guest house’s tavern offers authentic pintxos (Basque tapas). You can also enjoy traditional Basque dishes using ingredients from the area.The quiet Antilla Beach is just 12 minutes’ walk away.Free public parking can be found near the hotel. San Sebastian can be reached in about 10 minutes, via the AP-1 motorway.
- Clean, comfortable and friendly staff. Warm welcome. It was a Sunday so not many people around and not many facilities – restaurants and bars – were open.
Staff and breakfast were great!
- Stayed here many times before so knew what to expect. Clean, no nonsense accommodation, basic with a rural twist. Clean towels and basic toiletries provided. The digital telly was a bonus as prior to this visit, we were unable to switch to English language TV. More like a budget hotel than a hostel in fact, better than many budget hotels that we’ve stayed at.
- Very clean, comfortable room. Quiet location. Pleasant service. Good breakfast.
- This was my first time staying in a hostel. It was very clean, surprisingly hip and modern, and I appreciated having a very separate feeling in the bunk bed with a divider and my own outlet. Additionally, you receive a locker and the bunk was comfortable. I stayed in a 6 person female-only room. Breakfast was good. Location was awesome. Highly recommend. Only downside for me was I felt like an old lady at 46y.o staying with 23 y.o ladies.
Zezilionea is located in Olaberría, just off the A-1 Motorway connecting Madrid with Irún. Surrounded by mountains, it has a traditional Basque restaurant with a terrace.The rooms at Zezilionea feature free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Each one has views of the town square or of the mountains.The hotel is surrounded by beautiful countryside, and the Aralar Park is just 7 minutes’ drive away. You can drive to San Sebastián in around 30 minutes.
- Top class restaurant . Both Dinner and Breakfast were excellent. Very close to many walking routes . Only 1 hour drive from Bilbao.
- Large very comfortable twin beds. large room with huge tv. Nice buzzy bar with covered outdoor seating. Free safe parking outside. Excellent meal, although not cheap. Dog allowed all areas.
- Everything – especially the location, staff and quality of the food and wine.
- the waitress /receptionist at breakfast made us omelettes: when travelling with a diabetic all the bread and croissants can be a problem. Dinner was excellent with good jamon , oxtail and steak. The location is good once you have found it.
- Friendly staff, large room and a good selection of bottled beers
Ekia Pentsioa Guesthouse
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Set 350 feet from Zarautz Beach, Ekia Pentsioa features bright, attractive rooms with free Wi-Fi, TV, air conditioning and heating.Rooms at the peaceful Ekia Pentsioa offer sea view or view of Narros Palace or of the Art and History Museum of Zarautz.A range of cafés, pintxos bars and quality sea food restaurants can be found within 5 minutes’ walk of the property.Zarautz offers easy access to the AP 1 Motorway, which connects guests to Bilbao and San Sebastián within 50 minutes. Pamplona and Vitoria are less than 56 mi away.
- The location was ideal for looking round the people on the reception were lovely very friendly and helpful the bed was comfy the room was very clean we had a sea view which was really good and the lady spoke good english
- Great location near centre of town. Beach is just across the road. Great hiking trails nearby also. My en-suite room had high-quality air-conditioning, mini-fridge, TV and was spotless. Very friendly staff. Recommended.
- The location was close to the beach and quality restaurants and the price was more than fair. We were fortunate to have a view of the ocean from our room. The pension is not on street level but there is an elevator.
Lovely modern clean room
In fantastic location with a sea view
- Friendliness of the owners. Location. Room was modern with excellent shower.
Agroturismo Ibarre is located in the Basque country village of Antzuola, within a 40-minute drive of Bilbao, San Sebastián and Vitoria. This charming country house has a lounge with a fireplace, TV and sofas.The rooms at Agroturismo Ibarre feature wooden floors and rustic décor. Each one has free Wi-Fi, a TV and a private bathroom. Some rooms have a private terrace.The property serves a daily breakfast including homemade and local products such as homemade jams, fresh fruit and eggs from the property. This is available for an extra cost.Staff can provide information about what to see and do in the surrounding area. There are many great hiking routes nearby.
- A beautiful building and a clean vast room with wooden floors. A big shower room and clean white sheets on beds. It was a great surprise indeed after long hours of drive.
- Loved this family run guest house in a really nice little village. Hosts we’re wonderful!
- everything was nice,loved the quaint old-fashioned door to enter particularly!! Will definitely use it again if needed when next visiting Antzuola!
- The room, the bed, the facility overall were all lovely. The setting was quiet. The town was beautiful. We enjoyed the balcony. The bathroom was good. Everything was clean.
- Spotless clean, very tasteful and confortable with great care from the hosts.
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. The Pension Getariano is a charming, traditional Basque house in the center of Getaria. It is located by the sea and offers beautiful mountain views.Rooms at the Pensión Getariano are all heated and comfortable, with a spacious seating area. They all have a private bathroom.The on site tour desk can provide local information. There is also a nice terrace.The Pensión Getariano is located only 12.5 miles from San Sebastian. Sights in Getaria include the San Salvador Church, a short walk away.
- Friendly owner spoke very good English ( to me I don’t mind if they don’t as I’m trying to learn Spanish). Great location
- The owners are so kind. The town is beautiful. The room was clean and comfortable!! Thank you.
- Very velcoming, helpful and nice couple running the place. Close to town, beach and surrounding wine fields. Cosy private balcony. Would definitely recommend it!
- Very valuable indications of excellent, value-for-money restaurants
- Super location in autentic town with very nice hosts
Pensión Zumardi Guesthouse
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Pensión Zumardi is a family-run guest house 1 minutes’ walk from the beach and 650 feet from the center of Deba. It offers quiet rooms with free Wi-Fi and free mini-bar.Free private parking is available onsite. The property is within 5 minutes’ walk from the main street, the town center and the Deba Railway Station.Pensión Zumardi features a terrace where guests can have breakfast. Staff organizes boat and walking trips through the Flysch Route of Cliffs. Guided trips to the Ekain Cave are also available.Each bright room comes with a flat-screen TV, heating and a private bathroom with hairdryer.The center of San Sebastián is 25 mi away, while Bilbao is 40 mi away.
- Breakfast was delicious. Staff were polite and friendly. The position of the hotel was perfect, right near the beach.
- Clean and tidy and great location near the beach but we had a basement room with a window at ground level. We’re on the Camino and would have liked somewhere to hang washing.
- Comfortable and clean. Good A.C. Very close to the beach
- I loved it all. Nice room, bathroom. Nicer than the pictures. Very good and quiet location. Next to the beach and 3 minutes from the center. The owner was very kind and helpful.
- Good location,very close to beach.room was very clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly.
Top Guest Houses In Azpeitia Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Azpeitia Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Azpeitia Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Azpeitia Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!