10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Azcárate Navarre – Top Hotel Reviews
Azcárate Navarre is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Azcárate Navarre. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Azcárate Navarre. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Azcárate Navarre. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Azcárate Navarre right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Azcárate Navarre with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Azcárate Navarre:
Hostel San Miguel
Set in the Navarra countryside, Hostel San Miguel is located in Arribe – Atallu. This guest house offers an on-site restaurant and bar, free WiFi, and a shared terrace.Each heated room in this property has a TV and a bathroom with a bath or shower and free toiletries. All rooms have views of the surrounding mountains, and there are some rooms with a balcony.This property offers a tour desk and luggage storage. Babysitting services are also available.Hostel San Miguel is located between San Sebastian and Pamplona, around a 35-minute drive from each city.
- The hostel is easy to find, just next to a gas station and above a bustling, cozy taverna, which also functions as the heart of this cute countryside village serving good coffee, food and beer etc. My single room was quiet, warm (the minimum was around zero one night, so this was important!) and cozy, with an excellent shower and lovely views towards the hills. From here I hiked the Via Verde and San Migel monastery as well as other trails in the mountains, when the weather permitted. Great value for money. Extremely friendly owners and staff. I’ll definitely be back.
- The owner/ manager was very welcoming and helpful. I don’t speak Spanish at all but he was fine pointing and talking slowly! Locked my bike away in their garage for security.
- Todo increible, un sitio familiar para encontrarse como en casa, todos super amables, sin duda volveré a comer otra xuleta.
- El personal muy amable y el restaurante moderno y con un desayuno excelente.
- Gente muy amable, ayudando y aconsejando en todo lo posible (gracias por todo Ma. Jesús, nos llevamos un grato recuerdo), la comida del rte. muy buena, la habitación y baño muy grande y amplia con una bonita terraza.
Lopenea offers accommodations in Leitza.Every room is fitted with a TV.San Sebastián is 17 mi from Lopenea, while Pamplona is 23 mi away. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 20 mi from Lopenea.
- Very clean and comfortable hostel, in a beautiful setting, close to the motorway. The staff were really friendly and prices for food very reasonable. We chose this as a midway stop and it is ideally placed near the border crossing.
- The location was lovely and the hotel itself was an old farm house that had been converted into the hotel.
- Very welcoming and very simple. The room had exactly everything in it that was needed. It was cool outside but the climate control worked well. The owner was terrific and very helpful to us all — we were a group present for a symposium — in everything from meals to packing up an ax that I needed to take home on the airplane! This is not fancy accomodations, but it is everything you need.
- Staff very helpful and friendly.. I was I’ll while I was there
- Very comfortable and big room with a balcony and beautiful view! Good price as well
Hostal Jai Alai
Hostal Jai Alai is set in the small town of Leitza, around 30 minutes’ drive from Pamplona and San Sebastián. This functional guest house offers air-conditioned rooms with countryside views.The Jai Alai is on the second floor of a modern building. It comes with a kitchen and a dining area . Bicycles are available for hire in the accommodations.Rooms at Hostal Jai Alai have heating and satellite TV. Most rooms also have a balcony. The private bathrooms include a hairdryer.The center of Leitza offers other bars and restaurants.The guest house is just 1.9 mi from the A-15 Motorway. Free public parking is available near the Jai Alai.
- Exceptionally friendly. Excellent complimentary breakfast
Habitación amplia y cálida con terraza, cama cómoda. El baño y la ducha un poco pequeños, pero la temperatura y presión del agua muy buenas.
El desayuno fue un poco caótico porque coincidimos varios huéspedes a la vez y el comedor era muy pequeño, pero fue más que suficiente porque había bastante donde elegir y además fue cortesía del hostal, no lo teníamos incluido, así que un detalle muy bueno.
- Me encantó el personal, atentas, simpaticas, agradables, amables… Sin palabras. Las habitaciones son geniales y con unas vistas preciosas. El pueblo también es precioso.
- EL desayuno sorpresa y la amabilidad de la anfitriona
- Muy buena atención. Tienen servicio adicionales como alquiler bicicletas. Se prestan a ayudar en cualquier momento, incluso se prestan a llamar para reservar o preguntar disponibilidad en museos o restaurantes.
Hostal Ayestaran I
This charming family-run hotel has an outdoor pool and a free Wi-Fi zone. The simple, spacious rooms have wooden floors, a TV and private bathroom. Pamplona is 19 mi away.Hostal Ayestaran I is located in the countryside of Navarra, 29 mi from San Sebastián. The hotel is at the foot of the Sierra de Aralar Nature Reserve. Free private parking is available at the hotel.The hotel is surrounded by gardens, and has a sun terrace and tennis courts. There is also a play area for children.The Ayestaran I serves traditional Navarran cuisine in its country-style restaurant. Guests can also relax with a drink from the bar.
- Comfortable, clean rooms; friendly staff; lovely peaceful gardens and setting; excellent location (San Sebastian was about 40 minutes away).
Great place for families, it has a pool and several activities for children (including a children’s playground with Balls pool and other stuffs)
The surrounding area is nice with a great view to the mountains and also a nice cave to visit
- Éramos tres personas y reservé una habitación triple. Era un poco pequeña pero adecuada. Es un hotel antiguo, pero confortable y limpio. El agua caliente funcionaba perfectamente. La calefacción también. El personal muy agradable y atento.
- El sitio es precioso, la gente muy acogedora y cercana. Tiene mucha historia y es un sitio perfecto para recorrer la zona. Desayuno buffet. Resolvieron los problemas que se presentaron, rápida y eficazmente, siendo muy agradables y dispuestas.
La atención del personal, pendientes de todo en todo momento, tanto en recepción como en el restaurante.
Es un hotel familiar, con más de 100 años de historia. Ernest Hemingway se alojó aquí 🙂
Se encuentra muy fácil, en la carretera principal del pueblo.
Hostal Musunzar Guesthouse
Set in the village of Leitza, Hostal Musunzar features rooms with free Wi-Fi, a Basque restaurant and a communal lounge area. It offers an ideal country setting for hiking and cycling.Each room at Hostal Musunzar has charming rustic décor. There is central heating, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.Guests can enjoy a range of traditional Basque cuisine and breakfasts in a bar/restaurant nearby.Set in the Leizarán Valley, the guest house is 37 mi from Urbasa y Andia Natural Park. San Sebastián and the Basque coastline can be reached in 35 minutes by car, while Pamplona is 31 mi away.
- We booked this place as last minute stop on our travel and it exceeded our expectation. The staff was very helpful, the room was comfortable and the location could be described as a lost rural paradise. The place could be definitely recommended if a visitor likes mountains.
- Decent budget friendly hotel with fair dinner and breakfast facility
- Beautiful tiny village, just 30 minutes away from San Sebastian. Friendly and helpful people, quiet and peaceful environment. The rooms are clean and well lit, we all slept well. There’s even a good supermarket in the area and on site, there’s a nice restaurant, which offers local cuisine. The dishes are simple and affordable.
- It was a cosy room with comfortable and big bed and nice furniture
- The view of the mountains from the windows, the balconies: We were traveling with older teen children and were able to get two rooms beside each other. One room was a loft on two floors with lots of space and two balconies.
Hostal Izar-Ondo Guesthouse
With easy access to the A1 Motorway, Izar-Ondo is located in Arbizu, in the Sakana Valley. It offers simple, modern rooms with a private bathroom, flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi.The rooms at Izar-Ondo feature parquet floors and soft tones. Each one has a work desk and a hairdryer. Some rooms have a private balcony.The hotel’s restaurant serves traditional Basque food, using ingredients from its own farmland. There is also a café where you can get a snack or a drink.The Urbasa y Andía Nature Reserve is just 10 minutes’ drive away. You can drive to the city of Pamplona in around 30 minutes.
Good breakfast that we had booked and only Euros 3.50 each with large choice continental style.
Food in bar or restaurant excellent and good local wines.
- I spent a great time there. The receptionist was very nice and helpful. She provided me with all information I need. I ‘ll come back sure
- The room was neat, the staff really did work, I would prefer more information at the restaurant in English. The food I tried was good.
- The beds were just right; not soft and not too hard. The staff were very helpful and spoke enough English to fill in the gaps in my Spanish. The food at the bar was excellent and a good range of beers. The views were stunning and timing it with the Festival of San Juan was a real bonus.
- The room, the staff, the village where the property is
- Good breakfast that we had booked and only Euros 3.50 each with large choice continental style.
Hostal Ayestaran II
With easy access to the A15 Motorway, Hostal Ayestaran II is located in Lekunberri, 25 minutes’ drive from Pamplona. It offers country-style accommodations with free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV.The rooms at the Ayestaran feature wooden floors and antique, dark wood furniture. Each one comes with heating and a private bathroom.Guests can use the facilities at the neighboring Ayestaran I for free. These include swimming pools, tennis court and table tennis table.The restaurant serves traditional Navarran food, using seasonal ingredients. There is also a bar and a lounge with a fireplace.Staff at reception can provide information about what to see and do in Navarra. The hotel is at the foot of the Sierra de Aralar Nature Reserve. You can drive to the beaches in around 25 minutes, and San Sebastián is 29 mi away.
- lovely historical property, lovely staff, nice dinner, clean and high level of hospitality, place where even Hemingway was happy during his visit in the past
Staff will make you a sandwich or two if you’re off for a day’s walking or cycling.
Restaurant serves great food; meals include wine, and they serve great local reds.
There’s a sitting room, with a small library, and several spots in the garden to sit and relax.
It’s on the Plazaola track, one of the great cycling/walking routes in Northern Spain.
- Arrived soaking wet by motorcycles (5 of us). We were able to hang all our wet gear out to dry in a spare dining room which was heated. Bikes were parked under cover. An excellent meal at a VERY reasonable price was provided in the evening (we appeared to be the only guests). Rooms were comfortable and warm. Staff very welcoming and so helpful. We arrived early evening and only stayed one night so had no time to walk around the area. We would return.
- Buena ubicación en el pueblo, cerca de bares y restaurantes. Ideal para conocer la sierra de Aralar.
- Das Zimmer war in einem urigem Haus, mit viel Holzvertäfelung, und nach hinten raus, daher sehr ruhig. Das Frühstücksbuffet war umfangreich u.a. Obst, Joghurt, Marmelade, Aufschnitt und Käse, gebratener Speck und verschiedenes Brot.
Matxitxulo Family Rooms Guesthouse
Located in the peaceful village of Ezkurra, 2,450 feet from Ezkurra River, Matxitxulo offers rooms with free WiFi. Free private parking for cars, motorbikes and bikes is available.The rooms have double beds and bunk beds and offer views of the mountains. Each has a private bathroom with a shower. The bathrooms are located inside or outside the room. The exterior bathrooms are adapted for people with disabilities.The property offers a restaurant with terrace that prepares dishes from locally grown produce. Guests can learn how to prepare pacharan, a traditional Basque liqueur, or make corn cakes. It offers a la carter dishes and daily menus.The surrounding area is popular for hiking and exploring the countryside. Matxitxulo organizes a wide variety of activities and guided walks in the mountains and along river beds. Señorío de Bertiz Nature Reserve is a 25-minute drive from the property.The guest house is located 9.3 mi off the A-15 Motorway. A 45-minute drive takes you to San Sebastian and its beautiful beaches.
- Fantastic location, very welcoming and nice owner and staff
- Lovely owner and family. We were late arriving but they stayed up to meet us and let us have drink after a nightmare journey from Calais. Highly recommend this place and the scenery is spectacular.
- The host was the best one can wish for. When visiting a foreign country the best is to have a host like this one.
- The bunk beds were old and made a lot of noise. And they don’t have air condition at the room. And they have a lot of flies, and fleas.
- There was great service at the restaurant and the food was amazing, made from scratch and all vegetables are home grown as well as all the little farm animals, people from town were so friendly. The water pouring from the nearby rivers was crystal clear, you can’t find pure water than at this place. Most of the people who work there are very very informative about the environment and the routes you can take to go exploring. Amazing amazing amazing
Zezilionea is located in Olaberría, just off the A-1 Motorway connecting Madrid with Irún. Surrounded by mountains, it has a traditional Basque restaurant with a terrace.The rooms at Zezilionea feature free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Each one has views of the town square or of the mountains.The hotel is surrounded by beautiful countryside, and the Aralar Park is just 7 minutes’ drive away. You can drive to San Sebastián in around 30 minutes.
- Top class restaurant . Both Dinner and Breakfast were excellent. Very close to many walking routes . Only 1 hour drive from Bilbao.
- Large very comfortable twin beds. large room with huge tv. Nice buzzy bar with covered outdoor seating. Free safe parking outside. Excellent meal, although not cheap. Dog allowed all areas.
- Everything – especially the location, staff and quality of the food and wine.
- the waitress /receptionist at breakfast made us omelettes: when travelling with a diabetic all the bread and croissants can be a problem. Dinner was excellent with good jamon , oxtail and steak. The location is good once you have found it.
- Friendly staff, large room and a good selection of bottled beers
This pleasant rural guest house is located in the small village of Ezkurra at the foot of the Navarra Pyrenees. Set in an 18th century building, it offers a terrace, free Wi-Fi and scenic mountain views.The heated rooms at Hostal Ezkurra feature sloped ceilings and traditional, functional décor. All include wooden floors, a TV and a private bathroom.Breakfast is served daily and the property’s restaurant offers traditional, local cuisine with grilled meat and fish. There is also a bar area, a library and packed lunches can be provided for days out.The area surrounding Hostal Ezkurra is ideal for hiking and cycling, with nearby routes such as the Plazaola Train and the Bidasoa. The Bertiz Nature Reserve and Leurza Reservoir are 12 mi away.Free private parking is available and the property is around 31 mi from San Sebastian and 50 minutes’ drive from Pamplona.
- The location is superb as are the family running this Hostel. The efforts to understand our poor attempts at Spanish and deliver a wonderful stay were appreciated. The ambience of the bar and resteraunt was wonderful and good was lovely. Would happily stay again and as a motorcyclist the road is worth the journey alone.
- Very nice hotel and friendly hotel owners. They let us park our motorbike inside their garage. Dinner was delicious!
- A very welcoming place! Very simple and cute Hostel in the wonderful Ezkurra! The stuff is extremely kind and very helpful. Don’t miss the amazing diner there especially after a hiking day in the marvelous Navarra.
- basic accomadation in remote village but friendly owners made you feel welcome and very reasonably priced
- Rooms are great, nice synergy with the restaurant across the street. Very affordable and recommended meal.
Top Guest Houses In Azcárate Navarre Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Azcárate Navarre to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Azcárate Navarre but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Azcárate Navarre. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!