10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Asteasu Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Asteasu Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Asteasu Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Asteasu Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Asteasu Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Asteasu Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Asteasu Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Asteasu Basque Country:
Hostal Xaloa Orio Guesthouse
This property is a 7-minute walk from the beach. Located in a quiet location in the town of Orio, Hostal Xaloa is just 1.2 mi from Zarautz and 7.5 mi from San Sebastian. It has a tavern and a terrace.All of the rooms have a private bathroom, heating and a cable TV. They also have free Wi-Fi, and all rooms have tiled floors.Breakfast is available, and the guest house’s tavern offers authentic pintxos (Basque tapas). You can also enjoy traditional Basque dishes using ingredients from the area.The quiet Antilla Beach is just 12 minutes’ walk away.Free public parking can be found near the hotel. San Sebastian can be reached in about 10 minutes, via the AP-1 motorway.
- Clean, comfortable and friendly staff. Warm welcome. It was a Sunday so not many people around and not many facilities – restaurants and bars – were open.
Staff and breakfast were great!
- Stayed here many times before so knew what to expect. Clean, no nonsense accommodation, basic with a rural twist. Clean towels and basic toiletries provided. The digital telly was a bonus as prior to this visit, we were unable to switch to English language TV. More like a budget hotel than a hostel in fact, better than many budget hotels that we’ve stayed at.
- Very clean, comfortable room. Quiet location. Pleasant service. Good breakfast.
- This was my first time staying in a hostel. It was very clean, surprisingly hip and modern, and I appreciated having a very separate feeling in the bunk bed with a divider and my own outlet. Additionally, you receive a locker and the bunk was comfortable. I stayed in a 6 person female-only room. Breakfast was good. Location was awesome. Highly recommend. Only downside for me was I felt like an old lady at 46y.o staying with 23 y.o ladies.
Offering an outdoor swimming pool and a restaurant, Izarre is a stone house located in the Basque village of Errezil. Set in gardens, it offers rustic-style rooms with free WiFi.Each heated room features exposed stone walls and wooden beams, with a TV and wardrobe. The private bathroom comes with free toiletries and a hairdryer.Basque cuisine, prepared with produce from the vegetable garden, is served in the on-site restaurant. There is also a cider bar where guests can sample Basque ciders.San Sebastián is located a 40-minute drive from Izarre, via the A1 Motorway, while Bilbao can be reached in an hour. Free private parking is offered on site.
Wonderful location at the foot of Mount Ernio. The staff is excellent. Good food at reasonable prices (don’t miss the soup!) and pets are allowed. Our dog enjoyed the stay as much as we did. We will come back.
Don’t expect sophistication, expect authentic Basque traditional hospitality.
No English spoken.
- The hotel is very well placed when you are looking for peace and nature! The area is beautiful, the room are nice/clean and the people working there are nice too.
- Amazing mountain getaway. Very isolated and beautiful. Has a pool but this is a bit run down.
- nothing why say that english spoken here when no body does very awkward
- Its a lovely place with a nice view of the valley.
- Wonderful location at the foot of Mount Ernio. The staff is excellent. Good food at reasonable prices (don’t miss the soup!) and pets are allowed. Our dog enjoyed the stay as much as we did. We will come back.
Pensión Txiki Polit Guesthouse
This property is 3 minutes walk from the beach. This hotel is located in the attractive Plaza de la Música and just a short stroll from the the longest beach in the Basque Country.The charming coastal town of Zarautz features the Narros Palace where Queen Isabella II chose to spend her summer holidays. This part of the coast is also a popular surfing spot and enjoys decent waves for beginner surfers, throughout the year. You can enjoy the vibrant, summertime atmosphere in the numerous bars and restaurants.Enjoy your dinner on the outdoor terrace with one of the frequent concerts that take place in the adjacent square.
The staff was friendly
- Great value for low price ! Basic room but very comfortable. Great location at lovely square. Good restaurant with menu for 11 euro and breakfast for 8 euro. One of my best pensions/hotels along Camino del Norte between Irun and Bilbao. Highly recommended !
- Staff very friendly and helpful, clean, food good & tapas excellent. Beds a little to hard for me but everyone is different. All in all excellent.
- Front reception staff person was warm and helpful.
- Very central location in Zarautz. Good food and very friendly.
- The situation
Set in Astigarraga, 3.7 mi outside San Sebastián, Pensión Astigarraga offers smart rooms and apartments with views of the surrounding mountains. It features a 24-hour reception, free wired internet access and a café-bar.Pensión Astigarraga is a restored warehouse with Modernist and Minimalist décor inspired by New York lofts. It has a stylish lobby with blue lighting and glass panels. All air-conditioned rooms and apartments have simple, modern décor with a wide picture window overlooking the surrounding countryside.There is a pillow menu, flat-screen cable TV, a desk, safe and a private bathroom with toiletries. Apartments include a living room and a kitchenette with a fridge, microwave, toaster and a coffee maker.You can enjoy breakfast in the café or in your room. The property also features a communal lounge and a laundry service. Free parking is available on site and motorbikes can be stored inside.Regular busses to San Sebastián stop just 350 feet away. Irún and the French border are approximately 12 mi away.
- Quirky but functional, in a restored warehouse… why not ?
- Clean and comfy with a great breakfast whilst the simple tea toast and orange juice.
The hotel is on an industrial site close to Astigarraga. Entrance to reception is via a huge commercial type lift with a buzzer on the wall to contact reception to gain access. Don’t be put off by first impressions! The hotel is very clean and the rooms are spacious and well equipped (ours even had 2 TV sets). Comfy bed, plenty of storage space for our luggage. There was a microwave oven & fridge in the room plus cutlery etc. There is a friendly bar / restaurant within easy walking distance from the hotel for evening meals.
This was the first time we had stayed in the Basque area before, and although we can usually cope with Spanish language, we seriously struggled with even reading the road signs in the surrounding area. So many thanks to the receptionists and breakfast staff for their help and support with any queries we had during our stay.
I would recommend this hotel – nice helpful staff and very good value for money.
- Room was quite big and clean. A shower was also clean and fully equipped. It takes around ~25-30 minutes to get to San Sebastian by bus(A1 and A2 lines). Buses are coming every 15-20 minutes.
- The Staff and the quality of the materials in the room.The Continental breakfast was very good also.
Pardiola Baserria is located 1.9 mi from the center of Hernani and 10 minutes’ drive from San Sebastian. The air-conditioned accommodations features impressive views of the surrounding countryside and free on-site parking.With a traditional façade, this house has bright rooms with colorful décor and flat-screen TV. Each room features a private bathroom. The property has a common lounge and dining area including a refrigerator and microwave.Hernani offers a wide range of shops and traditional Basque restaurants. Surrounded by nature, it is the ideal location for outdoor activities such as hiking.San Sebastian Airport is 12 mi away. The charming towns of Orio, Zarautz, Getaria or Zumaia are less than 25 minutes’ drive from the property.
Location has lovely mountain views and is quiet and peaceful. The directions given by the host were excellent (though in Spanish). Spacious room, good bathroom and kitchen facilities. Two comfortable lounges.
Breakfast is supplied for self serving. Easy access to San Sebastian by car 15 minutes. We would be happy to stay there again for a stopover.
- The friendlyness of the owner/staff and the flexibility. The given information about the place and the vicinity. The price which is very competitive (we were not really expecting the breakfast to be included as we already found that the price was very good and we were pleasantly surprised when we were told that it was). Overall the good atmosphere of the place. It is simple but clean and very affordable. I would recommend it.
- The place was in a pretty village, surrounded by green fields, apple trees and farm animals. Our double room was very comfortable and spacious. Owner of the place was very friendly. The breakfast that he prepared for us was awesome with some home made cakes and cookies.
- The location is amazin very quiet in the mountans rooms are normal and clean but nothing special
- In nature yet cose to San Sebastian if coming by car (15 min drive) and way cheaper than hotels there. Free self catered breakfast included. Nice helpful and understanding owner
- Location has lovely mountain views and is quiet and peaceful. The directions given by the host were excellent (though in Spanish). Spacious room, good bathroom and kitchen facilities. Two comfortable lounges.
Oianume has a quiet setting 6 miles from the seaside city of San Sebastián, in northern Spain. It offers free internet access in rooms, and free on-site parking.This small hotel has a typical Basque cider bar and a traditional restaurant. There is also a garden and a terrace.Rooms at Oianume have rustic décor and hardwood floors. They offer air conditioning and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Rooms also have a TV and a free modem internet connection.Oianume has good access to major roads, including routes E-80 and GI-131 to San Sebastián. San Sebastián Royal Golf Club is just 3 miles away.
Honestly, I saw the reception and bar, I was afraid because they look kind of old.
The manager let me choose the room I want.
You will be surprised how much inside is clean and modernized.
Nice view and not far from town if you want to go to a supermarket
- Price in comparison to San Sebastian. Rural from the outside, new from within.
- To stay here you would need a car. We were visiting our daughter who lives in Andoain so this accommodation was ideal for us, only half a mile from her flat. San Sebastian about 20 mins away.
- La comida en la Sidreria un 10!! No hay palabras para describirlo!!
- el lugar, diseño de las habitaciones, personal, cercanía al restaurante donde tuvimos la boda, TODO. GRACIAS
- Honestly, I saw the reception and bar, I was afraid because they look kind of old.
Pensión Txoko-Maitea offers accommodations in Urnieta, 50 feet from the bus stop and 1,000 feet from the train station.Every room comes with a flat-screen TV. Some units have a seating area to relax in after a busy day. Some rooms feature views of the mountains or city.The rooms have either access to shared bathroom facilities, or have a private bathroom.San Sebastián is 5 mi from Pensión Txoko-Maitea, while Biarritz is 27 mi from the property. San Sebastián Airport is 12 mi away. The property offers free parking for motorbikes.
- We made a stop in Txoco Maitea the last week of august on our way to Madrid (we had planned to visit San Sebastian) The rooms were modern and clean, we had our own balcony, and the breakfast was included in the price. The location is close to San Sebastian by car, the personal is really caring. The only minus point was the bathroom, which was shared with other rooms (but it was clean), but it is difficult to complain about it at this price level, in high season, very close to a touristic destination. Altogether, The pension Txoco Maitea provides an excellent price quality ratio.
- The room and its private bathroom were perfectly clean (everyday cleaning !). The hotel is well situated, at 30min’s ride from the hotel (bus stop at 2min’s walk. They run every 30mins until late). The area is quite and safe. And, bonus, we had free breakfasts.
- The bed was comfortable. Basic breakfast is available in the kitchen all day long.
- Plenty of fresh fruit for breakfast. The pension was very near the main street so not far to walk for other amenities. Although near to the centre the area was quiet.
- Habitación limpia y muy confortable. Personal excelente, dispuesto a ayudar en todo momento. Disponen de una salita con todo lo necesario para desayunar, es demasiado ideal este detalle. A 5 minutos de la Renfe, en 10 minutos estás en Donostia, no se puede pedir más por lo que pagamos. Mil gracias al personal por el trato recibido, volveremos seguro.
Lopenea offers accommodations in Leitza.Every room is fitted with a TV.San Sebastián is 17 mi from Lopenea, while Pamplona is 23 mi away. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 20 mi from Lopenea.
- Very clean and comfortable hostel, in a beautiful setting, close to the motorway. The staff were really friendly and prices for food very reasonable. We chose this as a midway stop and it is ideally placed near the border crossing.
- The location was lovely and the hotel itself was an old farm house that had been converted into the hotel.
- Very welcoming and very simple. The room had exactly everything in it that was needed. It was cool outside but the climate control worked well. The owner was terrific and very helpful to us all — we were a group present for a symposium — in everything from meals to packing up an ax that I needed to take home on the airplane! This is not fancy accomodations, but it is everything you need.
- Staff very helpful and friendly.. I was I’ll while I was there
- Very comfortable and big room with a balcony and beautiful view! Good price as well
Pension Guria Jatetxea
Located in Urnieta, Pension Guria Jatetxea has a garden, terrace and free WiFi. Providing a restaurant, the property also features a shared lounge. Guests can have a drink at the bar.At the guesthouse, every room comes with a desk, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom. All rooms at Pension Guria Jatetxea have air conditioning and a closet.San Sebastian is 7 miles from the accommodation, while Biarritz is 32 miles away. San Sebastián Airport is 15 miles from the property.
- This is a comfortable stop in the little Urnieta town. Easy to find, parking at once and the pension could provide a decent meal by 22H00 a Sunday. Then the room was clean and comfortable. It is very affordable and a very good value for money.
- El ambiente genuino del lugar con trato amable y franco.
- Todo en general . Los empleados muy majos y serviciales
Bon accueil. Repas et petit déjeuner possible au bar/restaurant mitoyen diriger par le même gérant.
Salle d’eau refaite agréable.
- La anterior vez que estuve no había ni gel ni champú, debió ser un error puntual, está vez sí había ?. La recepcionista muy maja y simpática como siempre.
Pensión Lagunak Guesthouse
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Just 500 feet from the beach, Asador Pensión Lagunak is in the center of Zarautz, 20 minutes’ drive from San Sebastián. The guest house offers free Wi-Fi.The bright rooms feature a balcony and have wooden floors. There is heating and air conditioning. Rooms come with a desk and flat-screen TV, as well as a private bathroom with a shower.The restaurant serves characteristic local cuisine, such as grilled meats and fish. Breakfast is available in a café across the road.Tourist information is available and there are thalassotherapy centers nearby. Bilbao is 37 mi away.
- Brilliant location quiet spotless and friendly right by the beach and beautiful marina, plenty to watch on the very long promenade. Very spacious room and bathroom.
- Friendly owner who kept restaurant open past 4pm to feed me
- Small, family run hotel with restaurant attached. Very friendly staff, decent sezed rooms with an excellent shower. The food in the restaurant is delicious and at a reasonable price. Our stay at Asador Pension Lagunak has been very pleasant.
- Property had character but nicely modern. Fantastic location. Lovely clean room. Good size with balcony. Excellent value.
- It’s in a lovely neighborhood lots of restaurant around a church and a little playground. My room had a lovely view of the square where you can see the people walking around on weekend afternoon.
Top Guest Houses In Asteasu Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Asteasu Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Asteasu Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Asteasu Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!