10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Areatza Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Areatza Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Areatza Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Areatza Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Areatza Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Areatza Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Areatza Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Areatza Basque Country:
Casa Rural Madariaga
Set in the Basque Country and surrounded by stunning mountain views, Casa Rural Madariago is located in the countryside, 3.1 mi from Gorbeia Nature Reserve. Free WiFi is available.Each double/twin room at the property is equipped with heating, TV and free WiFi. Private bathrooms are equipped with showers. One room is located on the ground floor and is adapted for guests with reduced mobility.Guests will find a shared lounge with fireplace and TV, as well as a terrace with beautiful views of the surrounding countryside and mountains. A large meeting room is available to hire by the hour.Casa Rural Madariago is a 35-minute drive from the coast and beaches, and Bilbao is 19 mi away. San Sebastian is 58 mi from the property.
- The house is a lovely, sparkling clean in a heavenly spot with great view and absolute silence.
- Awesome way to start the day, just open the window and let the sun come inside
- A great place with stunning views and a very nice hostess. Highly recommended
A very nice house in an amazing location in the countryside. We continued our travel in other “casas rurales”, but without finding such a friendly, easy going, quiet and relaxed place anymore. The owner speaks English and is very friendly. helpful and kind. She gave us several tips about possible activities and hikes in the Gorbeia park area and she pointed us to places we couldn’t have found by ourselves, making our week in Euskadi much more interesting.
The location is perfect for people looking for some rest or willing to explore the Gorbeia Park area.
The nearby (beautiful) village or Areatza offers a couple of small shops, a bakery and 3-4 bars/pubs where you can find beer, wine and a little pintxos.
The seaside is quite close by car, only 30-40 minutes away.
We would definitively return here.
- The host was very helpful and gave great directions and maps for getting to amazing destinations for hiking and exploring.
Casual Gurea Guesthouse
One of our top picks in Bilbao.Casual Gurea is located in Bilbao’s old town, just 150 feet from the Cathedral and 800 feet from Abando Train Station. It offers a tour desk and rooms with free WiFi.Rooms at the Casual Gurea have heating, themed décor and wooden floors. Each has a flat-screen TV, free safe, and a private bathroom with hairdryer.The property has a shared lounge with vending machines and microwave. Services offered include bikes rental, free luggage storage and 2 computers with free internet.Casual Gurea is surrounded by various shops, bars and restaurants. You can walk to Guggenheim Museum in around 20 minutes. The nearest tram station is 400 feet away.
- As usual. Everything is perfect. The best quality/price. Anybody can choice this hotel even with closed eyes. Car park close to the hôtel at 15€ per night if you stay at Casual Gerua
- Fantastic service. We travel with our two little dogs, and there was a lovely big comfy dog bed and bowls in the room for them already 😊
The Casual Gurea is a real gem – spotlessly clean, perfect location, has everything you need for a great nights sleep, with friendly and well informed staff on hand to help you explore more of Bilbao.
We stayed for three nights, participating in the Bilbao Night Half Marathon, so really appreciated the powerful showers and comfortable beds!
the Casual Gurea is a real winner in our eyes!
I loved everything about the hotel; its location in the heart of the old city, the large bright, light airy room with a fab balcony and the staff, all of who were very friendly and helpful.
We stayed in 3 hotels in 3 locations during our recent trip to Northern Spain and the bed at Casual Great was, without doubt, the most comfortable!
- Staff were fantastic. Very friendly and helpful. Central location. Bed very comfortable.
Featuring a garden, Murueta Baserria is located in Abadiano Celayeta, in the province of Biscay, in Basque Country. It offers a tour desk and children’s playground. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout.All rooms in this traditional stone-built property have heating and come with a TV. The bedrooms feature rustic furniture, wooden or steel beds and a wardrobe. The living room comes with multiple tables and a fireplace. The private bathrooms also come with a bath or shower.At Murueta Baserria you will find a shared kitchen. An array of activities can be enjoyed on site or in the surroundings, including hiking and indoor rock climbing. A public swimming pool is also nearby.Shops and restaurants can be found within 984 feet, while the nearest supermarket is only 350 feet from Murueta Baserria. Valle de Atxondo is a 6-minute drive. Urkiola Nature Reserve is 6.2 mi away, while Vitoria and Bilbao cities are at a distance of 19 mi. Bilbao Airport is 17 mi away. Free parking is available on site.
- Spacious room and bathroom. Lovely welcome from the owner (Spanish speaking only). Very dog friendly – there are resident pooches but they are kept out of the way. Huge well equipped kitchen if you want to self cater. Just off the motorway so really convenient for an overnight stop. Having said that, it was very quiet at night. If you like quirky then this place is for you!
- The owner was a really friendly lady, even though we didn’t speak much Spanish and she no English. Breakfast was good and plenty of it, the building was a lovely old character place, really clean and tidy and a good bathroom. The town of Durango was really pleasant with an historic old quarter, well worth a visit.
LA casona May Bonita antigua que no vieja y amueblada con mucho gusto
La señora muy amable y simpatica todo muy limpio y el desayuno , lo que pedimos
- La atención de la dueña del alojamiento una gran mujer en todos los aspectos, lo recomiendo me encanta.
Habia reservado con mucha antelación este alojamiento ya que queríamos asistir a las finales de Rugby en Bilbao y aunque el caserio es sencillo cumple con lo que buscabamos.
Si andas buscando algo lujoso este alojamiento no es el indicado pero si lo que andas buscando es algo que este bien de precio, limpio y cómodo es perfecto.
* los desayunos van a parte del precio.
Hostal Ariz is located in Basauri, 1,150 feet from Ariz Metro Station. The Metro journey into Bilbao takes 10 minutes. There is 24-hour reception, free Wi-Fi and free parking nearby.Each heated room features tiled floors and has a TV. The private bathroom comes with a shower.Luggage storage is offered and there is a safe in reception for guest use. The Hostal Ariz has a tour desk and is well-connected by bus, train and Metro. There are bars and restaurants within a short walk.
- Good location, only 5 metro stops to casco Viejo, small room but clean. Free parking in the neigberhood.
- le lieu était calme et sympa les magasins l’accueil était trés bien la chambre est propre
- Era práctico y estaba bien ubicado para nuestras necesidades
- Petit hôtel tranquille et simple à proximité du métro
- Su buena comunicación y cercanía en metro a Bilbao.
Located in Arrasate – Mondragon, 25 mi from Bilbao, Pension Uxarte features free WiFi access and free private parking. The guest house has a seasonal outdoor pool and water sports facilities, and guests can enjoy a meal at the restaurant.The rooms are equipped with a TV with satellite channels. Some units include views of the mountains or pool. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hair dryer.The area is popular for horse riding and cycling. The guest house also offers bike hire. Vitoria-Gasteiz is 18 mi from Hostal Uxarte, while Zarautz is 22 mi from the property. Bilbao Airport is 25 mi away.
- Super helpful staff and nice restaurant. Looking forward to A’s comments on the countries’ policy.
- Very friendly and professional and helpful staff! We will be back for sure! And the food and desserts amazing !
Super location with stunning views. Big swimmingpool – Superfriendly staff – Nice trails just outside the door.
The rooms with terraces are something extra.
Red wino in big glasses served cold. Exactly how we drink it at home.
Great view. We are just sorry not having more time to explore the area.
- The staff was really friendly and helpful in every situation. They called the taxi when it was needed and if there was no taxi they were happy To offer a ride To the town. Food was really good and prices were affordable.
Zubia Urban Rooms
One of our best sellers in Bilbao! Centrally located, Zubia Urban Rooms is just a 2-minute walk from Bilbao’s old town and 10 minutes’ walk from the Guggenheim museum. It offers free Wi-Fi throughout.Rooms feature plenty of natural light and are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Rooms do not have private bathrooms. All guests have access to shared bathrooms.Numerous bars and restaurants serving local food can be found nearby.The nearest Metro Station is Abando, which is 600 feet from the guest house while Moyua or Casco Viejo Metro Stations are less than 10 minutes’ walk away.
- The location was perfect. The room was clean and confortable. The shared bathrooms were clean. The staff was nice and helpul. Some drinks were available for free.
Position excellent! Very close to “barrio viejo”.
The rooms and the bathrooms were very clean. Staff very kind.
- Great location- 2 steps to the railway station, 10 steps to the old town! Clean, comfortable, well enough for 1-2 day stay!
- Nice hostel in the center. We stayed only for one night, but it would be fine for a longer period as well. Very clean. Neighborhood safe and pleasant.
- Bed was super confy, shared bathrooms were really nice and clean. Enough space and stuff was really friendly, helpfull and nice to us. We also received recommendations were to go.
This simple and pleasant guest house is set in the center, 5 minutes’ walk from Amurrio Train Station. It offers comfortable rooms and free Wi-Fi, 19 mi from Bilbao.Rooms at Hostal Ayala feature traditional decor and wooden floors. All include central heating, a TV, desk and a private bathroom. There is a shared balcony.There are various bars, restaurants and shops within 5 minutes’ walk of the property, which is set just next to the town’s main park.The Ayala is 1,300 feet from the town’s Licor Museum and there is a Basque Gastronomy Museum in Llodio, 6.2 mi away.It is 30 minutes’ drive from the Gorbeia Nature Reserve, where you can find the Gujuli Waterfall. Vitoria is 25 mi away.
Everything was excellent from the every day cleaning room service to the free fresh fruits in the kitchen and coffee.
- For the money the hostal was very good value. There was a fridge in the room and also a common room where the lady left water, cakes, bread and coffee etc. For us the good thing was the fact that the train station was a five minute walk away as we had to visit family in a nearby town. The proprietor and cleaning lady at the Hostal were very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets and towels were changed regularly.
- Really friendly staff, we arrived quite late first day, yet they still wait for us, great tips for food during the staying. Highly recommended!
- Que tenga dos salitas habilitadas para desayunar gratis
- La habitacion era pequeña pero estaba muy limpia. La cama muy comoda. Ademas hay una salita donde tomar café
- Everything was excellent from the every day cleaning room service to the free fresh fruits in the kitchen and coffee.
Pensión Bilbao Guesthouse
Offering free Wi-Fi, Pensión Bilbao is located 150 feet from Bilbao’s Abando and Santander train stations, next to the Nervion River. The world-famous Guggenheim Modern Art Museum is a 15-minute walk away.Each heated room has a TV, wardrobe and desk. There is a private bathroom with a bath tub or shower. The guest house offers free luggage storage, as well as bicycle rental.You can enjoy traditional Pinxos, and other Basque dishes, at the bars and restaurants in the streets around Plaza Nueva Square, a 3-minute walk from the property.The Museum of Basque Architecture, Ethnography and History is 1,950 feet from Pensión Bilbao, while the Fine Arts Museum, with works by Goya and El Greco, is 15 minutes away on foot.
- Great location near transport and restaurants. Good for a short stay.
- Great location close to the old town, shops, restaurants & tram.
- Fantastic location, comfortable beds and very clean.
- Towels changed every day. Owners provided me with a towel for the beach. Bin emptied every day and bed made.
- It is a room in a managed ‘apartment’ so not a hotel. We couldn’t recall the breakfast option as it turned out they don’t offer breakfast but there are many local places available. Fairly quiet considering how central it is.
Bilbao Art Lodge
Located in Bilbao within 1.1 miles of San Mamés Stadium and 1.2 miles of Arriaga Theatre, Bilbao Art Lodge provides rooms with free WiFi. The property is close to several noted attractions, around 1.2 miles from Euskalduna Conference Centre and Concert Hall and around 1.2 miles from Bilbao Fine Arts Museum. The property has a concierge service, and buying tickets for guests.At the guesthouse, each room has a desk. Rooms have a private bathroom and a shower, and selected rooms also feature a balcony. Guest rooms in Bilbao Art Lodge are equipped with a flat-screen TV and free toiletries.Casco Viejo is 1.2 miles from the accommodation. Bilbao Airport is 9 miles from the property.
- Very nice and comfortable room and all staff members were super sweet and helpful. Thanks!
- This property had everything you would need and more. I felt at home from the minute I arrived. The hosts were charming and couldn’t have been more helpful with advice and help with booking tickets etc !! If I return to Bilbao I would definitely stay & would highly recommend the Bilbao Art Lodge to anyone !! The bed was also one of the most comfortable I had ever slept in !! Thank you for making my trip really special !
- Bilbao Art Lodge is a wonderful place to stay but please don’t tell too many people😉
- There is everything perfect with this accommodation. The staff is so nice, the rooms so clean and the location is so perfect. Till the moment our friend visited us for a tea and wanted to use the toilet. The bathroom and toilet are in the glass room within the main sleeping room. I think it is in some sens nice if you are with your partner, but might be also strange. So that is the only thing that you need to judge yourself, in some situations I think it might be a huge advantage :-).
- Our host Miguel was very welcoming and warm, so helpful with everything we needed and had so many great recommendations for local places to eat. The room was very comfortable and clean and the hotel was in a great location very close to many sites.
Pensión Mélida Guesthouse
Pensión Mélida is located in Ermua, 20 minutes’ drive from the coasts of Bizkaia and Gipuzkoa. It offers 13 modern-style rooms with free Wi-Fi, flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with hairdryer.Numerous bars and restaurants can be found nearby the Pensión. Staff at the 24-hour front desk can also provide tourist information about the area.Conveniently located, Pensión Mélida is 1.9 mi from Eibar and offers easy access to the A8 Motorway. It is 8.7 mi from Durango and you can also drive to main cities such as Bilbao, Vitoria and San Sebastián in approximately 35 minutes.
- The best pension i have ever stayed. The pension was extremely clean and confortable. Very well located from Ermua center and to bigger cities by a closeby train. Juantxo was very kind and helpful with our questions. The value for the money you pay is really good.
- The location is great! Right in the center of Ermua. The room is big enough and very clean. The owner of the hotel is very friendly! We would recommend the place for sure!
- The room was lovely clean and really warm. Breakfast in bed was a real treat.
- Nice, modern and clean rooms, everything functional and practical
- The bed was super comfy the shower was excellent and very quiet so I was able to sleep through my husband taking his shower
Top Guest Houses In Areatza Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Areatza Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Areatza Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Areatza Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!