10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Alzo Basque Country – Top Hotel Reviews
Alzo Basque Country is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Alzo Basque Country. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Alzo Basque Country. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Alzo Basque Country. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Alzo Basque Country right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Alzo Basque Country with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Alzo Basque Country:
Offering an outdoor swimming pool and a restaurant, Izarre is a stone house located in the Basque village of Errezil. Set in gardens, it offers rustic-style rooms with free WiFi.Each heated room features exposed stone walls and wooden beams, with a TV and wardrobe. The private bathroom comes with free toiletries and a hairdryer.Basque cuisine, prepared with produce from the vegetable garden, is served in the on-site restaurant. There is also a cider bar where guests can sample Basque ciders.San Sebastián is located a 40-minute drive from Izarre, via the A1 Motorway, while Bilbao can be reached in an hour. Free private parking is offered on site.
Wonderful location at the foot of Mount Ernio. The staff is excellent. Good food at reasonable prices (don’t miss the soup!) and pets are allowed. Our dog enjoyed the stay as much as we did. We will come back.
Don’t expect sophistication, expect authentic Basque traditional hospitality.
No English spoken.
- The hotel is very well placed when you are looking for peace and nature! The area is beautiful, the room are nice/clean and the people working there are nice too.
- Amazing mountain getaway. Very isolated and beautiful. Has a pool but this is a bit run down.
- nothing why say that english spoken here when no body does very awkward
- We liked the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff most of all, they tried their best to make you stay as comfortable as possible, they prepared the food we asked for and the food was excellent as well, overall a good stay, the building is impressive, it is more than 300 years old
- Wonderful location at the foot of Mount Ernio. The staff is excellent. Good food at reasonable prices (don’t miss the soup!) and pets are allowed. Our dog enjoyed the stay as much as we did. We will come back.
Hostal Pagozelai Guesthouse
Located in Gorriti, Hostal Pagozelai features a garden and a shared lounge. Featuring a tour desk, this property also provides guests with a playground. Spanish cuisine is served at the restaurant.At the guesthouse, each room comes with a desk and a flat-screen TV. The private bathroom is equipped with a shower. The rooms have a closet.San Sebastian is 26 miles from Hostal Pagozelai. The nearest airport is Pamplona Airport, 31 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Hostel San Miguel
Set in the Navarra countryside, Hostel San Miguel is located in Arribe – Atallu. This guest house offers an on-site restaurant and bar, free WiFi, and a shared terrace.Each heated room in this property has a TV and a bathroom with a bath or shower and free toiletries. All rooms have views of the surrounding mountains, and there are some rooms with a balcony.This property offers a tour desk and luggage storage. Babysitting services are also available.Hostel San Miguel is located between San Sebastian and Pamplona, around a 35-minute drive from each city.
- The owner/ manager was very welcoming and helpful. I don’t speak Spanish at all but he was fine pointing and talking slowly! Locked my bike away in their garage for security.
- El personal muy amable y el restaurante moderno y con un desayuno excelente.
- Gente muy amable, ayudando y aconsejando en todo lo posible (gracias por todo Ma. Jesús, nos llevamos un grato recuerdo), la comida del rte. muy buena, la habitación y baño muy grande y amplia con una bonita terraza.
- LUGAR MUY TRANQUILO, ENTRE LA NATURALEZA, MONTE, UN RIO PASA JUSTO DETRAS, UNA VISTA EXCELENTE. EL PERSONAL MUY AMABLE, SALUDOS A ROMAN UNA EXCELENTE PERSONA, NOS TRATO DE MARAVILLA, EL RESTAURANTE MUY BIEN, LA COMIDA MUY BUENA Y A BUEN PRECIO. UN LUGAR AL QUE DESEAMOS VOLVER PRONTO.
- Trato superfamiliar, limpio, carta de calidad, ideal para viajar con niños y disfrutar de un gran entorno natural
Set on the foothills of Aralar Nature Reserve, Hostal Betelu offers free Wi-Fi and impressive mountain views. Located by Araxes River, the guest house features a restaurant serving homemade cuisine.The rustic-style house has colorful rooms that come with a private bathroom including a bathtub. There is a common area with a dining area and a shared lounge offering a TV. There is a computer available for guests.Hostal Betelu has free on-site parking and is a 10-minute drive from Lekunberri, offering a variety of shops and traditional Basque restaurants. Surrounded by nature, it is the ideal location for hiking or cycling.Zigadia-Beroate Park is a 15-minute walk away. The property is located within 30 minutes’ drive of San Sebastian and Pamplona, as well as their respective airports.
- The rooms were much larger and more comfortable than expected for a hostal. Having the restaurant right downstairs was fantastic.
Very good value for money. Located in a small village in the middle of the mountains, the landscape was amazing.
Excelente relación calidad precio. Situado entre las montañas, el paisaje era increible.
- Location was great – near Pamplona but yet worlds away
- Comfortable room n a very scenic and beautiful nature surroundings. It has a natural springs nearby that is medicinal for your body and soul!!!
El restaurante excelente, merece la pena volver.
Se come muy bien, y el personal es agradable.
La comida excelente y los precios muy buenos
Zezilionea is located in Olaberría, just off the A-1 Motorway connecting Madrid with Irún. Surrounded by mountains, it has a traditional Basque restaurant with a terrace.The rooms at Zezilionea feature free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Each one has views of the town square or of the mountains.The hotel is surrounded by beautiful countryside, and the Aralar Park is just 7 minutes’ drive away. You can drive to San Sebastián in around 30 minutes.
- Top class restaurant . Both Dinner and Breakfast were excellent. Very close to many walking routes . Only 1 hour drive from Bilbao.
- Large very comfortable twin beds. large room with huge tv. Nice buzzy bar with covered outdoor seating. Free safe parking outside. Excellent meal, although not cheap. Dog allowed all areas.
- Everything – especially the location, staff and quality of the food and wine.
- the waitress /receptionist at breakfast made us omelettes: when travelling with a diabetic all the bread and croissants can be a problem. Dinner was excellent with good jamon , oxtail and steak. The location is good once you have found it.
- Friendly staff, large room and a good selection of bottled beers
Lopenea offers accommodations in Leitza.Every room is fitted with a TV.San Sebastián is 17 mi from Lopenea, while Pamplona is 23 mi away. The nearest airport is San Sebastián Airport, 20 mi from Lopenea.
- Very clean and comfortable hostel, in a beautiful setting, close to the motorway. The staff were really friendly and prices for food very reasonable. We chose this as a midway stop and it is ideally placed near the border crossing.
- The location was lovely and the hotel itself was an old farm house that had been converted into the hotel.
- Very welcoming and very simple. The room had exactly everything in it that was needed. It was cool outside but the climate control worked well. The owner was terrific and very helpful to us all — we were a group present for a symposium — in everything from meals to packing up an ax that I needed to take home on the airplane! This is not fancy accomodations, but it is everything you need.
- Staff very helpful and friendly.. I was I’ll while I was there
- Very comfortable and big room with a balcony and beautiful view! Good price as well
Hostal Musunzar Guesthouse
Set in the village of Leitza, Hostal Musunzar features rooms with free Wi-Fi, a Basque restaurant and a communal lounge area. It offers an ideal country setting for hiking and cycling.Each room at Hostal Musunzar has charming rustic décor. There is central heating, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom.Guests can enjoy a range of traditional Basque cuisine and breakfasts in a bar/restaurant nearby.Set in the Leizarán Valley, the guest house is 37 mi from Urbasa y Andia Natural Park. San Sebastián and the Basque coastline can be reached in 35 minutes by car, while Pamplona is 31 mi away.
- We booked this place as last minute stop on our travel and it exceeded our expectation. The staff was very helpful, the room was comfortable and the location could be described as a lost rural paradise. The place could be definitely recommended if a visitor likes mountains.
- Decent budget friendly hotel with fair dinner and breakfast facility
- Beautiful tiny village, just 30 minutes away from San Sebastian. Friendly and helpful people, quiet and peaceful environment. The rooms are clean and well lit, we all slept well. There’s even a good supermarket in the area and on site, there’s a nice restaurant, which offers local cuisine. The dishes are simple and affordable.
- It was a cosy room with comfortable and big bed and nice furniture
- The view of the mountains from the windows, the balconies: We were traveling with older teen children and were able to get two rooms beside each other. One room was a loft on two floors with lots of space and two balconies.
Hostal Jai Alai
Hostal Jai Alai is set in the small town of Leitza, around 30 minutes’ drive from Pamplona and San Sebastián. This functional guest house offers air-conditioned rooms with countryside views.The Jai Alai is on the second floor of a modern building. It comes with a kitchen and a dining area . Bicycles are available for hire in the accommodations.Rooms at Hostal Jai Alai have heating and satellite TV. Most rooms also have a balcony. The private bathrooms include a hairdryer.The center of Leitza offers other bars and restaurants.The guest house is just 1.9 mi from the A-15 Motorway. Free public parking is available near the Jai Alai.
- Exceptionally friendly. Excellent complimentary breakfast
- Beds so comfortable and to greet us two lovely glasses of excellent red wine . There was also a small balcony which had a marvellous view of the hillside behind .
- EL desayuno sorpresa y la amabilidad de la anfitriona
- Muy buena atención. Tienen servicio adicionales como alquiler bicicletas. Se prestan a ayudar en cualquier momento, incluso se prestan a llamar para reservar o preguntar disponibilidad en museos o restaurantes.
- La facilidad de empatizar con la persona que lleva el Hostal.. ¡¡ encantadora..!! Todos los servicios del Hostal en general y además nos sorprendió con un buen desayuno gratuito.. Por nuestra parte, recomendable..
Pension Andoain features free bikes and a shared lounge in Andoain. Featuring a tour desk, this property also provides guests with a restaurant. Free WiFi is available.Guests at the guesthouse will be able to enjoy activities in and around Andoain, like cycling.San Sebastian is 9 miles from Pension Andoain, while Biarritz is 34 miles from the property. San Sebastián Airport is 18 miles away.
- La atención de la recepcionista, que se quedó a esperarme y me busco porque me había perdido. Todo en un ambiente de cordialidad. Estoy muy agradecido.
- La habitación estaba super limpia y no le faltaba de nada. El personal es muy amable, tanto Jon como Ainara, además nos permitieron acceder antes de hora a la habitación, veníamos de correr la maratón de las vías verdes de Plazaola y no teníamos donde descansar, fueron muy atentos. Es la segunda vez q estamos y pensamos repetir.
- La habitación estaba limpia, el colchon y la almohada bien. El personal muy amable.
- Ainara nos atendió genial y nos dio todas las facilidades delmundo para que nuestra estancia fuera genial: incluso nos ayudó a encontrar un sitio para cenar buenísimo! La habitación es pequelita pero tiene todo lo que necesitas: una buena cama donde descansar, un cuarto de baño completo, wifi y tele. Aunque hacía un poquito de calor poniendo el ventilador se estaba genial ( no se oía nada ! ) Un placer !
Muy limpio, fresco y encantador. Muy buena relación precio-calidad. Muy recomendable!
Very clean, fresh and charming. Totally price worthy. Highly recommended!
Oianume has a quiet setting 6 miles from the seaside city of San Sebastián, in northern Spain. It offers free internet access in rooms, and free on-site parking.This small hotel has a typical Basque cider bar and a traditional restaurant. There is also a garden and a terrace.Rooms at Oianume have rustic décor and hardwood floors. They offer air conditioning and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. Rooms also have a TV and a free modem internet connection.Oianume has good access to major roads, including routes E-80 and GI-131 to San Sebastián. San Sebastián Royal Golf Club is just 3 miles away.
Honestly, I saw the reception and bar, I was afraid because they look kind of old.
The manager let me choose the room I want.
You will be surprised how much inside is clean and modernized.
Nice view and not far from town if you want to go to a supermarket
- Price in comparison to San Sebastian. Rural from the outside, new from within.
- To stay here you would need a car. We were visiting our daughter who lives in Andoain so this accommodation was ideal for us, only half a mile from her flat. San Sebastian about 20 mins away.
- El alojamiento estaba muy bien,muy bonito y bien ubicado
- Personal atento. Habitaciones propias de hoteles de 4 estrellas, todo perfecto y limpieza absoluta. Sin duda repetiríamos.
- Honestly, I saw the reception and bar, I was afraid because they look kind of old.
Top Guest Houses In Alzo Basque Country Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Alzo Basque Country to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Alzo Basque Country but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Alzo Basque Country. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!