10 Best Guest Houses To Stay In Aberangell Powys – Top Hotel Reviews
Aberangell Powys is beautiful and has lots of guest houses. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best guest houses in Aberangell Powys. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Aberangell Powys. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Aberangell Powys. To see which guest house sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best guest house and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 guest houses of which we think are the best guest houses in Aberangell Powys right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular guest houses in Aberangell Powys with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Guest Houses In Aberangell Powys:
Featuring free WiFi, Dolgun Uchaf offers accommodations in Dolgellau. Free private parking is available on site.Every room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations feature a sitting area for your convenience. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Aberystwyth is 25 miles from Dolgun Uchaf, and Betws-y-coed is 24 miles away.
- Fabulous apartment In lovely surroundings, wonderful staff, lady waited for us to arrive as we were running late&We had a great apartment instead of a double room, superb breakfast, great place to stay.Excellent staff
- I’ve stayed here many times and keep going back, says it all really.
- The location was very quiet. The cooked breakfast was perfectly cooked and very tasty.
- Went for the wknd riding in coed brenin was not far away from the trails
- It`s always a real comfort to have staff that will accommodate what you want – when you ask for something it’ll be no problem. great location – great possibilities.
Cross Foxes – Bar Grill Rooms
Offering luxurious, individually furnished rooms with views of idyllic Snowdonia, Cross Foxes is a newly refurbished, Grade II heritage-listed building. It features a stylish bar and grill with open kitchen.With modern features such as iPod docks, flat-screen TVs and king-size beds, Cross Foxes’ stylish, luxury rooms also include features like exposed stonework, wooden beams, and wicker furnishings. Modern private bathrooms provide luxury toiletries and large rain showers.The grill at Cross Foxes serves fresh, locally sourced cuisine, prepared in the open kitchen. The modern bar offers an extensive range of wines along with regional bottled beers and ales.Guests can enjoy an excellent choice of specialist tea and fresh coffees at The Cross Foxes Cafe, as well as a selection of cake and sandwiches.Near the foot of Cadair Idris Mountain, guests at Cross Foxes can take advantage of fantastic mountain walks or biking trails through the scenery of Snowdonia National Park. Dolgellau is just a 10 minute drive away.
Friendly help full staff, welcoming and great atmosphere. So pleased with our stay we booked for another stay, two nights this time, later in the Summer.
Looking forward to our return visit.
- Location was excellent for my trip to the mach Loop. Staff were very helpful and friendly and food was excellent
- Room was clean warm and had everything we needed the hotel was in a prime position for what we needed
- Welcoming staff..beautiful comfy room..and good location. Amazing food and choice on the breakfast menu was incredible. Will definitely return.
- Selection of menus for breakfast and the two evenings we stayed were very good and the quality was exceptional. Coffee is a personal taste, but not hot enough for me and too strong. Room was rustic and warm with a variety of teas and coffee etc. Modern Shower room with nice sized towels, toiletries and bathrobes if needed. A nice and intimate break with beautiful scenery and walks on the doorstep. Noting – all of the staff worked hard and are a pleasure to meet.
- Friendly help full staff, welcoming and great atmosphere. So pleased with our stay we booked for another stay, two nights this time, later in the Summer.
Dolffanog Fawr is located in Tal-y-llyn, just 20 miles from Aberystwyth. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms have a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms have views of the mountains or lake. The rooms include a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Betws-y-coed is 29 miles from Dolffanog Fawr, and Bala is 20 miles from the property.
Fantastic location, lovely breakfast.
We loved the hot tub!
We were very well looked after by Lorraine and Alex.
- The hosts were really welcoming and we really enjoyed the home cooked communal dinners each evening
- Extremely nice accommodation in a stunning landscape. Very cosy and quiet. Well designed modern rooms and bathrooms in an old refurbished farmhouse. Friendly hosts and excellent breakfast. Hiking maps and guides available.
- We enjoyed our stay (3 nights) at Dolffanog Fawr, the rooms were cosy and kept clean every day, and the beds were super comfy. Lorraine and her husband were lovely, they made us feel very welcome, and gave us lots of tips on walks and places to eat which made our first trip in Snowdonia a wonderful memory. This is our first time staying at a guesthouse and we were impressed. We highly recommend their cooked breakfasts!
- Fantastic hospitality and stay loved every minute! Couldn’t do enough for you! X
- Fantastic location, lovely breakfast.
The Penrhos Arms
Featuring free WiFi, The Penrhos Arms offers accommodations in Cemmaes. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Some rooms include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer. A flat-screen TV is provided.Aberystwyth is 22 miles from The Penrhos Arms, and Bala is 19 miles from the property.
- EVERYTHING! We love the friendly staff, great food and comfortable,rooms. We’ve stayed before and will be back again soon.
- Excellent place to stay.. Facilities were superb, staff were excellent – couldnt do enough for us to enjoy our stay food was brilliant with a good choice of menu and you can go off menu as well – nothing was too much trouble.
- The breakfast was very good, also the evening meal of steak & chips was excellent. The staff were so friendly, nothing was a bother, we will stay there again.
- Excellent dinner – and I highly recommend the Dyfi Distillery Polination gin – it’s immediately gone into my number one spot, if you like your gin with a hint of mead/honey! Great breakfast too.
- Exemplary breakfast, fantastic celtic burger for my dinner.
Borthwnog Hall offers accommodations in Dolgellau. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.The rooms have a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room has a private bathroom equipped with a bidet. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and hiking. Aberystwyth is 24 miles from Borthwnog Hall, and Betws-y-coed is 24 miles from the property.
- Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, polite, friendly, welcoming, we were looked after very well.
- The bed was amazing so comfy. Staff amazing, nothing was too much trouble. Luxury tolitries were a lovely surprise as were the homemade pastries and fruit to takeaway each day. The place is an absolute delight.
- The amazing service from the girls catered for our vegetarian needs
- Staff were lovely, nothing was too much effort. Bed was so comfortable. Breakfast was delicious.
- This is the best B+B we have stayed in ever (and we have stayed in many over the years). It definitely exceeds expectations. Everything has been prepared with thought and care. The staff are very friendly. The breakfast is dangerously delicious, with copious amounts. We felt like royalty. The location is to die for. It’s one of those places that will stay in our memories with great fondness.
Located in Barmouth in the region of Gwynedd, 21 miles from Aberystwyth, Wavecrest features a terrace and views of the sea.A flat-screen TV is featured.There is a shared lounge at the property.Betws-y-coed is 28 miles from Wavecrest, and Bala is 23 miles from the property.
- Excellent breakfast and the hosts were very friendly and helpful. Excellent value for money!
- The owners are very welcoming and helpful – taking the time to chat and even giving advice on routes to travel. The building is very nicely decorated and the room is comfortable. The dining room is lovely and breakfast is excellent.
- Very clean and comfortable. The property is very well presented with some nice touches and has lovely views over Barmouth Bay.
- Great sized window in the room giving excellent sea view Good freshly cooked breakfast with cereal,s fresh fruit, yogurts and different teas. The Hosts were very friendly and helpful.
Chris and Zelaine were really friendly and welcoming. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the views and breakfast were amazing.
Would definitely recommend and return.
Ty Derw Country House
Located in Dinas Mawddwy, 26 miles from Aberystwyth, Ty Derw Country House features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar.Every room is equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Enjoy a cup of tea while looking out at the mountains or garden. All rooms include a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is luggage storage space at the property.Betws-y-coed is 27 miles from Ty Derw Country House, and Llangollen is 28 miles from the property. Liverpool John Lennon Airport is 56 miles away.
- Great location. Comfortable rooms. Hearty quality breakfasts, including home made jam. Gave great information about local walks and attractions.
- Jason And Jill are excellent hosts they couldn’t do enough for us printing out maps for us to follow and letting us know where to go and what was around brilliant will be going again soon we’ll done ?
- Really knowledgeable, helpful and friendly owners, room was spacious and very clean. The breakfast was really tasty and cooked to order. Very good !
The bathroom was massive with proper branded toiletries and many extras including moisturiser, cotton buds etc.
Extensive breakfast menu but the hosts were still happy to provide something not on the menu.
- A very quiet location in some beautiful surroundings set a good way back from the main road, with off-road parking…. and some unexpected birdlife on the side! A great base for any number of walks with varying degrees of difficulty.
A warm welcome awaits you at this family-run hotel, which has plenty of charm and character, and is ideally located on the edge of the village of Dinas Mawddwy in Snowdonia.Nestled within the beautiful Dyfi Valley, with the Dyfi (Dovey) River located behind it, the hotel offers a picturesque countryside location. Situated on the edge of the village of Dinas Mawddwy, Gwynedd, the hotel is easily accessible from route A470 and is located between Dolgellau and Machynlleth.A selection of beers is available in the hotel’s bar and bistro, and when the weather is nice you can enjoy a drink in the beer garden, where you can take in the spectacular scenery. For the hungry traveler the hotel serves a wide choice of traditional food from their menu, along with wine from the carefully selected list.
- The food in the restaurant was amazing. The room and the bathroom was spacious.
- The size of the room was massive as well as the bathroom, amazing view from the room. The staff was very kind and helpful.
Evening meal was refreshingly well prepared, cooked, and presented. All done fresh to order on site.
Breakfast was also well cooked and presented. A comfortable place.
Loads of space in bathroom.
Large comfortable rooms and bathrooms although could do with an heated towel rail or radiator in the bathroom we had.
Food generally good but the “curry” was a bit “iffy”. Breakfast very good with plenty of choice.
Good base for much of Snowdonia and Powis Castle etc. Although it seemed other guests were only there for the 1 night.
- The owners were very friendly & welcoming. We arrived late due to car breaking down but they made sure we was fed & watered!! The room was lovely, nice size & clean. The food was delicious, home cooked very enjoyable. The breakfast was really nice, kept us going all day & the view from the breakfast room was stunning!!! Will definately be going back
The Old Vicarage
Showcasing a terrace and views of the garden, The Old Vicarage is located in Machynlleth in the region of Powys, just 19 miles from Aberystwyth. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms come with a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room includes a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a shared lounge at the property.The area is popular for biking and hiking. Betws-y-coed is 31 miles from The Old Vicarage, and Bala is 21 miles away.
- Jackie and Rob were really friendly and accommodating. Little touches like hot cross buns on arrival and chocolate Eater bunnies were and unexpected extra. Breakfast was great and the suggested route to Barmouth made our day.
- Great breakfast hot cross buns and Easter chocolate bunny great touches. Very pleasant people. Jus t right for father and son.
- The house is lovely. The bed very comfortable. The food was great. We had a lovely evening meal. Plenty of parking. Nice people. Beautiful dog.
- Owners were awesome. Both really helpful and accommodating. Nothing too much trouble. Many thanks.
Lovely breakfast, especially the homemade museli.
Excellent hosts, very accommodating and could have done more to help us out.
Maenllwyd Guest House
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the garden, Maenllwyd Guest House is located in Machynlleth in the region of Powys, just 16 miles from Aberystwyth. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.All rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room. Each room comes with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Bala is 24 miles from Maenllwyd Guest House, and Barmouth is 13 miles from the property.
- Great breakfast.. comfy bed.. lovely friendly staff.x
- Owner very approachable and helpful….spotlessly clean and amazing breakfast.
- Great Wifi. Good choice of breakfast. Beautiful view from room.
- Excellent personal service. The staff got to know us as valued guests.We felt very much at home.
- warm welcoming owners with loads of local knowledge and suggestions, very accomidating
Top Guest Houses In Aberangell Powys Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best guest houses to stay in Aberangell Powys to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best guest house because there are just so many places to stay in Aberangell Powys but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best guest houses in Aberangell Powys. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!