10 Best Bed And Breakfasts To Stay In Zapotal Puntarenas – Top Hotel Reviews
Zapotal Puntarenas is beautiful and has lots of bed and breakfasts. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best bed and breakfasts in Zapotal Puntarenas. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Zapotal Puntarenas. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Zapotal Puntarenas. To see which bed and breakfast sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best bed and breakfast and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 bed and breakfasts of which we think are the best bed and breakfasts in Zapotal Puntarenas right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular bed and breakfasts in Zapotal Puntarenas with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Bed And Breakfasts In Zapotal Puntarenas:
Mariposa Bed and Breakfast
Located in Monte Verde, 16 miles from Fortuna, Mariposa Bed and Breakfast features free WiFi access and free private parking.You will find a coffee machine in the room. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a shower.There is a shared lounge at the property.Santa Elena is 1.7 miles from Mariposa Bed and Breakfast, and Puntarenas is 22 miles from the property. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 46 miles away.
- The location; so close to the Cloud Forest but also other facilities. The wildlife, so many birds! Wonderful.
- In general the staff was very friendly and our room was always very clean. The breakfast was also good. There were several choices for breakfast, we took the traditional costa rican breakfast (gallo pinto) that also came with fresh fruits and it always tasted delicious. The location was ideal for us, since it was only a three minutes drive to monteverde cloud forest. However I would recommend to go there by car since it’s quite a walk to St. Elena, but only 8-10 minutes drive by car.
Well, we arrived at mariposa after booking 3 doubles more than 10 months ago to be told they only had 1 room. We were told we had been booked into another hotel 5 minutes away.
We were very disappointed but we moved to tobi’s Next door.
To I was there to greet us and quickly showed us to our rooms. Good rooms with a lovely breakfast.
Only trouble was my husbands shorts and 2 t-shirts were taken for our room. Shame as we really like it there.
- Everything was GREAT!! The host was friendly, amazing location and beautiful!
* Delicious breakfast in a nice room, good coffee
* Friendly staff and helpful service
Tobi’s Place is located in Monte Verde, 16 miles from Fortuna and 1.7 miles from Santa Elena. Free WiFi is featured and free private parking is available on site.A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV is provided.You will find a tour desk at the property.The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 46 miles from Tobi’s Place.
- Great location near the entrance to Monteverde reserve. Friendly staff, nice clean rooms and beautiful grounds.
- Tobi was the best part of the place. His knowledge and easy sharing made our stay pleasant. The food and staff were fine. The facilities were rough. Just a bit of TLC would improve to comfort significantly. It is right outside the Monteverde Reserve and on the Continental Divide which gets the brunt of storms–it was very windy and rainy while we visited.
- Awesome location, friendly staff. Tobi offered us free breakfast even though it was not included! Clean.
- Food, bed is really confortable. Toby is Nice and kind
- Close location to nature park and hummingbird gallery. Very helpful Owner.
Villa Alta Bed&Breakfast
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Villa Alta Bed&Breakfast offers accommodations in Barranca. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a TV with cable channels.You will find a tour desk at the property.Jacó is 27 miles from Villa Alta Bed&Breakfast, and Tambor is 29 miles from the property. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 35 miles away.
No reviews yet.
Located in Monte Verde in the region of Puntarenas, 16 miles from Fortuna, Historias Lodge features a terrace and views of the mountains. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.All rooms include a flat-screen TV. Some units have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. The rooms come with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find ticket service at the property.Santa Elena is half a mile from Historias Lodge, and Puntarenas is 23 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 47 miles from Historias Lodge.
- A friendly and wellcoming atmosphare. Clean and nice room. The grasy backyard perfect for our two girls to run around. Good restaurant and nice café nearby, and center within short walking distance. Luis happily helped us with with both local and distant transportation.
Very good advice from Luis, the owner, to visit the Monteverde area.
Very good breakfast.
Very good equipments
Very impressed with the helpfulness of reception and the friendliness of all of the staff.
Breakfast was more than adequate with plenty of fresh fruit, pancakes, eggs and the more traditional Costa Rican fare.
The rooms were comfortable with (unusually) plenty of coat hangers and storage space.
- This is a lovely hotel in a peaceful location, yet handy for all the local attractions. We had a family room which was huge, with a delightful balcony overlooking the garden. All the rooms were different so we may have been lucky as we had booked a triple. Everything in the room worked fine. No air-con, but not needed as Monteverde is much cooler than elsewhere in Costa Rica – you need the blankets at night! Lovely cooked breakfast served every morning. The owner of this place was exceptionally helpful and takes great pride in his property. Can highly recommend the nearby Restaurant Arrecife nearby where we had dinner each night.
At Historias Lodge we felt at home. It is a beautiful hotel with a nice garden in a quiet street where we felt very welcome.
Our room was very big, we had a nice balcony and warm shower what is a good thing to have in Monteverde because it can be quite cold.
At Historias Lodge we had the best breakfast during our holidays in Costa Rica!
The staff organised tours and transport – everything was perfect.
La Casa de la Montaña
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, La Casa de la Montaña offers accommodations in Monte Verde, just 17 miles from Fortuna. Free private parking is available on site.Some units have a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms include views of the mountains or garden. All rooms include a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Santa Elena is 0.6 miles from La Casa de la Montaña, and Puntarenas is 23 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tambor Airport, 42 miles from the property.
- Hosts were great with information and hospitality and breakfasts. We were 4 adults and 4 kids from 10 yrs to 10 mos and everyone had a great time. This is a great place for heading out for day trips but could be a little small if one planned to just stay there all day. That said, we saw many bird species (bell bird and toucanet) and capuchin monkey from the property. Hosts set us up well with dinner nearby, Frog Pond, night hike tour, and birding tips for nearby sanctuary.
- We really loved the individual attention from the staff, the excellent advice given to us by the owner’s son Sebastian about tours and arranging them for us. We saw more birds and animals at La Casa de Montanya than in the cloud forest and elsewhere in Costa Rica! The breakfast was hot, fresh, and excellent, the accomodations were very clean and comfortable, with the second story view to die for. Wish we could have stayed longer.
- The family at the Casa de la Montana was so warm and hospitable. When my husband got sick, they arranged a taxi to the pharmacy and helped us rearrange our tour. The breakfast was delicious and they have a kitchen available for cooking. We spotted wildlife from the building windows such as smaller mammals and beautiful birds. There is an ecological sanctuary just a short walk away.
- The location was perfect! We walked almost everywhere and if you don’t mind hills it’s a breeze. The family that owns La Casa de la Montaña is LOVELY! So kind and helpful! Sebastian gave us great meal and activity suggestions. We did the night tour, butterfly garden (just down the road) and the Monteverde Forest Reserve. We would stay there again!
- The host family is so nice and helpful. Sebastian helped us straighten out a tour that we had missed and made great suggestions for other tours. Leslie pointed out birds and animals out in the yard and helped his lovely wife prepare breakfasts that were delicious.
Casa Haydee Monteverde
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Casa Haydee Monteverde offers accommodations in Monte Verde, just 16 miles from Fortuna. Free private parking is available on site.Each room has a flat-screen TV.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Santa Elena is half a mile from Casa Haydee Monteverde, and Puntarenas is 23 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Tambor Airport, 42 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Cabinas Eddy B&B
Cabinas Eddy B&B offers accommodations in Monte Verde. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.All rooms are fitted with a TV. All rooms include a private bathroom.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.Fortuna is 17 miles from Cabinas Eddy B&B, and Santa Elena is 650 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 48 miles from the property.
Santa Elena is a great choice for travelers interested in outdoor activities, scenery and beautiful forests.
- My wife and I along with another couple just finished traveling throughout Costa Rica for a month. We loved this place! It is very conveniently located within walking distance to restaurants and shops. The room is clean and comfortable. There is a nice common area to relax in as well. The breakfast was by far the best we had while in Costa Rica. What really makes this place is the staff! Eddy and his family are extremely kind and accommodating. Whenever we would have difficulty with other accommodations during our trip we would always joke that we wanted to go back to Eddy’s. If we ever visit the Monteverde area again we wouldn’t hesitate to return! Thanks for such a wonderful stay Eddy!
- Guest house is close to town centre. Breakfast was served very fresh.
- Pretty central within walking distance to the main town, rooms were clean, freshly made breakfast and free coffee/tea available throughout the day. Good base for exploring Monteverde.
- Hotel is centrally located in Santa Elena, only 15 min from Monteverde cloudforest and steps from a super market and food options. Rooms are pretty bare boned, but clean and and the staff very friendly and hopeful. They have strong, hot coffee all day in the lobby area and a good breakfast in the morning.
- We were welcomed warmly and the staff stayes friendly and helpful all the time. Our room was very spacious and had two large window which allowed the sunlight to come in in the morning. The bathroom was clean and the water warm. Do not mind that there is no AC, because it is rather cool in Monteverde. The breakfast is great. You can choose between eggs and toast or the recommended banana pancake served with syrup and grated coconut. The hotel is located at the border of the village but is still very near and you can reach the supermarket by foot. You are also allowed to use a part of the kitchen. I recommend this hotel totally.
Located in Monte Verde, 16 miles from Fortuna, Eddy`s Place features free WiFi access and free private parking.All rooms have a flat-screen TV. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom.There is a shared lounge at the property.Santa Elena is 1,650 feet from Eddy`s Place, and Puntarenas is 24 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 48 miles from Eddy`s Place.
- The food was dismal. There was a small fruit plate, and eggs (scrambled, fried, or in a wrap). That was it. The eggs weren’t cooked well. There were no other options if you didn’t like eggs.
- good breakfast, very helpful and kind staff, large rooms
- Eddy greeted us when we arrived and was extremely friendly and helpful. His breakfast was delicious and he made sure everything was always taken care of.
- Eddie was amazing with us. My girlfriend got sick and he even went to find some pills for her. He help us with the shuttles to the adventure park and how to get everywhere. The room was big and full equipped
In one Word: Awesome
The Manager Freddy always gave us the feeling that we are welcome. He did everything to satisfy our needs (e.g. We got an early breakfast because the bus left so early). He also gave us some good recomondations.
The breakfast is freshly made and really delicious. The room was always clean.
The location is quite
One of our top picks in Monteverde – and a guest favorite.
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Casa Batsu offers accommodations in Monte Verde, just 17 miles from Fortuna. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Some units feature a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer. A TV is featured.There is concierge services at the property.The bed and breakfast also provides bike rental. Santa Elena is 0.9 miles from Casa Batsu, and Puntarenas is 23 miles away. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 48 miles from the property.
- Upon arrival, Paola made it clear we should think about Casa Batsu as our house, which we easily did. Our room was colorful and had a lot of nice little touches. The breakfast each morning was very good and filling. Carlos can arrange any outing and had helpful tips on places to eat and an art gallery to visit. Casa Batsu is a very nice place to stay and the small details (jazz music, beautiful grounds, friendly, smiling staff) make it exceptional. Thank you Carlos and Paola.
- Carlos was a wonderful host and made us feel at home. All the staff members were very friendly. The breakfast was amazing. Best we had during the vacation in Costa Rica.
- Casa Batsu is a small, modern, and asthetically designed B&B within a mile of St Elena with lovely grounds. There are only 5 rooms, which ensures a warm, friendly atmosphere and lots of attention from the host, Carlos. The beds are very comfortable, and the bathrooms are spacious. What really makes this place special is the personalized hospitality of Carlos — he knows the community well and helps to schedule tours, serves wine at cocktail hour, and serves beautiful, healthy breakfasts. We really enjoyed chatting with Carlos and the other guests and look forward to returning!
- Carlos is an amazingly friendly person. He and his wife along with those who work at this beautiful place made our stay for couple of days one of the most enjoyable holiday home away from home. Carlos was a great person, he went out of his way to help us enjoy our holidays at Monteverde, Costa Rica. It’s worth noting to recognize Carlos for his eagerness to show us around in the Monteverde area one morning to see some of the highland areas where he grew up along the mountain and the valleys. In my 40+years of vacation across almost all continents, I never ever had experienced such a gesture! Carlos did it for us. He even went out of his way to get us back our camera from an art place he took us. We thought we had lost it!! It was amazing! Even these days we have hosts who care so much!
Everything was simply FABULOUS !
It far exceeded my expectations. Could not have stayed at anywhere better. Casa Batsu is a MUST !!!
Hotel Las Orquideas
One of our top picks in Monteverde.Showcasing a terrace and views of the mountains, Hotel Las Orquideas is located in Monte Verde, just 17 miles from Fortuna. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature views of the garden or city. Each room includes a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is available.There is a shared lounge at the property.Santa Elena is 1,950 feet from Hotel Las Orquideas, and Puntarenas is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 48 miles from the property.
- The staff were not only friendly, but incredibly helpful.
- The lookout point in their backyard is spectacular, the grounds are lovely, and the visiting capuchin monkeys and coati made it feel like Costa Rica! It was so relaxing to get up and have a hot breakfast prepared for us, and allowed us to meet some other guests for conversing and comparing notes. The common area gave the hotel a comfy feel. Nidia at the front desk was so helpful with suggestions and arrangements for activities, restaurants, etc. We really liked being on the edge of town – initially we thought it would be too noisy, being right on the main highway into town, but it was fine. We are walkers, so the quick walk to town was great for dinners (bring a light!), and most the activities there offer shuttle services to/from hotels so getting around was easy.
- Amazing view behind the hotel, comfortable and clean room, lovely breakfast and great hostess.
- We stayed in the new addition which was spacious and bright. Very clean and modern. The staff were helpful and friendly.
It was a great Bed and Breakfast type of hotel.
Very home style owners interact with all the guests.
Top Bed And Breakfasts In Zapotal Puntarenas Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best bed and breakfasts to stay in Zapotal Puntarenas to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best bed and breakfast because there are just so many places to stay in Zapotal Puntarenas but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best bed and breakfasts in Zapotal Puntarenas. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!