10 Best Bed And Breakfasts To Stay In Sierra Guanacaste – Top Hotel Reviews
Sierra Guanacaste is beautiful and has lots of bed and breakfasts. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best bed and breakfasts in Sierra Guanacaste. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Sierra Guanacaste. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Sierra Guanacaste. To see which bed and breakfast sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best bed and breakfast and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 bed and breakfasts of which we think are the best bed and breakfasts in Sierra Guanacaste right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular bed and breakfasts in Sierra Guanacaste with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Bed And Breakfasts In Sierra Guanacaste:
Belcruz Bed and Breakfast
One of our top picks in Monteverde – and a guest favorite.
Belcruz Bed and Breakfast is located in Monte Verde, 17 miles from Fortuna and 1.7 miles from Santa Elena. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms come with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find a tour desk at the property.The nearest airport is Tambor Airport, 42 miles from the property.
- The staff at this sweet family owned lodge were amazing and the food was delicious. The owner went above and beyond for us and was extremely helpful in helping us plan our time in the area! We loved the beauty of the property and our amazing morning breakfast bird watching on the porch.
- Amazing hospitality, lovely spacious and clean rooms with an fantastic view, delicious breakfast – I don’t know where to stop. Never have been to a hotel with such nice and helpful hosts. Moreover the owner gave us lots of tips which tours to book and where to go. Thank you so much for this wonderful stay, it was all perfect!
- Very friendly and helpfull family. Breakfast is really good and the coffee as well. Nice and calm setting of the lodge, about 5 minutes by car from Santa Elena. You can walk around in the banana or coffee fields. I would recommend it.
- The room was clean and comfortable, and nicely decorated. We ate breakfast and dinners there every night of our stay, and the food was delicious.
- The location near the Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve and the host family. Good bird watching near a small river. Good value, quaint and affordable, private, a great effort for a brand new 4 room addition to the lodge with good potential. Very clean.
One of our top picks in Monteverde – and a guest favorite.
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Casa Batsu offers accommodations in Monte Verde, just 17 miles from Fortuna. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.Some units feature a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer. A TV is featured.There is concierge services at the property.The bed and breakfast also provides bike rental. Santa Elena is 0.9 miles from Casa Batsu, and Puntarenas is 23 miles away. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 48 miles from the property.
- Upon arrival, Paola made it clear we should think about Casa Batsu as our house, which we easily did. Our room was colorful and had a lot of nice little touches. The breakfast each morning was very good and filling. Carlos can arrange any outing and had helpful tips on places to eat and an art gallery to visit. Casa Batsu is a very nice place to stay and the small details (jazz music, beautiful grounds, friendly, smiling staff) make it exceptional. Thank you Carlos and Paola.
- Carlos was a wonderful host and made us feel at home. All the staff members were very friendly. The breakfast was amazing. Best we had during the vacation in Costa Rica.
- Casa Batsu is a small, modern, and asthetically designed B&B within a mile of St Elena with lovely grounds. There are only 5 rooms, which ensures a warm, friendly atmosphere and lots of attention from the host, Carlos. The beds are very comfortable, and the bathrooms are spacious. What really makes this place special is the personalized hospitality of Carlos — he knows the community well and helps to schedule tours, serves wine at cocktail hour, and serves beautiful, healthy breakfasts. We really enjoyed chatting with Carlos and the other guests and look forward to returning!
- Carlos is an amazingly friendly person. He and his wife along with those who work at this beautiful place made our stay for couple of days one of the most enjoyable holiday home away from home. Carlos was a great person, he went out of his way to help us enjoy our holidays at Monteverde, Costa Rica. It’s worth noting to recognize Carlos for his eagerness to show us around in the Monteverde area one morning to see some of the highland areas where he grew up along the mountain and the valleys. In my 40+years of vacation across almost all continents, I never ever had experienced such a gesture! Carlos did it for us. He even went out of his way to get us back our camera from an art place he took us. We thought we had lost it!! It was amazing! Even these days we have hosts who care so much!
Everything was simply FABULOUS !
It far exceeded my expectations. Could not have stayed at anywhere better. Casa Batsu is a MUST !!!
One of our best sellers in Monteverde! Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Chillout House offers accommodation in Monteverde. Free breakfast is included, and free private parking is available on site.Some rooms come with garden view.The property is located at 0.6 miles from Santa Elena Town Monteverde.
- I loved the originality of the place! Edith made the furniture herself. She created a chill and warm place to stay at. The breakfast was really nice. A map, as well as other information on the town was given to us.
- Incredible! Couldn’t have been a better experience. Host is an incredible woman, and very helpful. Hostel is clean and super cute, in fact we lounged quite a bit because it was so pleasant to stick around. A nice 10 minutes walk from the center, which is nice because it’s close enough to everything you need without being in the thick if it. All attractions nearby. Affordable, safe and made with love. Highly recommend.
- The Chillout house was so peaceful and relaxing. A nice oasis away from the heavily trodden tourist path. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The breakfast was awesome.
- Very friendly staff! My brother and I spent 2 days in this great place where we were feeling at home. Best place to chillout in Monteverde. Wonderful terrace. Amazing breakfast.
- The property was very neat. The hostel itself was relaxing. Our room was upgraded at no extra cost which was a bonus! The rooms looked very new. They did a great job.
The Green Tree B&B
The Green Tree B&B offers accommodations in Monte Verde. Free WiFi is featured and free private parking is available on site.Every room is fitted with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. The rooms come with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.Fortuna is 17 miles from The Green Tree B&B, and Santa Elena is 0.8 miles away. The nearest airport is Tambor Airport, 42 miles from the property.
- Sleeping in a tree house in the jungle is probably the most authentic experience you can have.
- This property is a work in progress. Think we were in the only tree house. Very quiet and private. Great breakfast and hosts were wonderful.
- House are beautifull in the forest. There is quaiet, staff is friendly, bed is perfect.
- The tree house was surrounded by beautiful woods and trails. There were opportunities to go on both morning and night hikes. Breakfast was included and delicious. Staff were informative and extremely helpful.
- Fantastische locatie in het bos. Hele schone en verzorgde kamer en badkamer omringd door de natuur. We werden vriendelijk ontvangen en mochten kiezen welk ontbijt we de volgende ochtend geserveerd wilde krijgen. Meteen bij aankomst een nacht tour geboekt voor die avond, wat uiteindelijk een prive tour werd. Het was vroeger een boerderij dus er zijn veel verschillende soorten gewassen wat weer verschillende dieren trekt. Vooral de kinkajoe in de bananenplantage die over je hoofd heen springt was erg bijzonder, veel slapende vogels en schorpioenen. Bijzondere omgeving en zeer privé.
One of our best sellers in Monteverde! Greemount Hotel offers accommodations in Monte Verde. Free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms have views of the mountains or garden. Each room has a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.Fortuna is 18 miles from Greemount Hotel, and Santa Elena is 1.1 miles away. Tambor Airport is 41 miles from the property.
- Nice and comfy room, very quiet. Nice, helpful staff (family owned). Well equipped kitchen which can be used by guests. Great place to watch sunset is only 150m away.
- Lovely hotel with kind and gentle staff. Spacious quiet area. Very helpful with organising tours and giving tips.
- Great location, easy to walk into the centre and to the Childrens Museum. We booked for two nights but stayed for four. The owner is very helpful and approachable and the hotel is a lot bigger than it first appears from the street. The rooms and overall ambience has a slightly dated feel but there is a hot-tub, a pool (which was too cold for us), a gym, good wi-fi and very friendly staff. The breakfast is a fixed menu and would be repetitive if staying longer but is fine for a few days. We didn’t really like San Jose that much but our stay here was very good and just what we were looking for.
- Clean and nice outdoor areas. Big rooms and comfy bed.
- Very friendly family run place. Breakfasts are great! Good spot for a couple nights in Monteverde. Very quiet.
Cabinas Eddy B&B
Cabinas Eddy B&B offers accommodations in Monte Verde. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.All rooms are fitted with a TV. All rooms include a private bathroom.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.Fortuna is 17 miles from Cabinas Eddy B&B, and Santa Elena is 650 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 48 miles from the property.
Santa Elena is a great choice for travelers interested in outdoor activities, scenery and beautiful forests.
- My wife and I along with another couple just finished traveling throughout Costa Rica for a month. We loved this place! It is very conveniently located within walking distance to restaurants and shops. The room is clean and comfortable. There is a nice common area to relax in as well. The breakfast was by far the best we had while in Costa Rica. What really makes this place is the staff! Eddy and his family are extremely kind and accommodating. Whenever we would have difficulty with other accommodations during our trip we would always joke that we wanted to go back to Eddy’s. If we ever visit the Monteverde area again we wouldn’t hesitate to return! Thanks for such a wonderful stay Eddy!
- Guest house is close to town centre. Breakfast was served very fresh.
- Pretty central within walking distance to the main town, rooms were clean, freshly made breakfast and free coffee/tea available throughout the day. Good base for exploring Monteverde.
- Hotel is centrally located in Santa Elena, only 15 min from Monteverde cloudforest and steps from a super market and food options. Rooms are pretty bare boned, but clean and and the staff very friendly and hopeful. They have strong, hot coffee all day in the lobby area and a good breakfast in the morning.
- We were welcomed warmly and the staff stayes friendly and helpful all the time. Our room was very spacious and had two large window which allowed the sunlight to come in in the morning. The bathroom was clean and the water warm. Do not mind that there is no AC, because it is rather cool in Monteverde. The breakfast is great. You can choose between eggs and toast or the recommended banana pancake served with syrup and grated coconut. The hotel is located at the border of the village but is still very near and you can reach the supermarket by foot. You are also allowed to use a part of the kitchen. I recommend this hotel totally.
Located in Monte Verde, 16 miles from Fortuna, Eddy`s Place features free WiFi access and free private parking.All rooms have a flat-screen TV. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room is equipped with a private bathroom.There is a shared lounge at the property.Santa Elena is 1,650 feet from Eddy`s Place, and Puntarenas is 24 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 48 miles from Eddy`s Place.
- The food was dismal. There was a small fruit plate, and eggs (scrambled, fried, or in a wrap). That was it. The eggs weren’t cooked well. There were no other options if you didn’t like eggs.
- good breakfast, very helpful and kind staff, large rooms
- Eddy greeted us when we arrived and was extremely friendly and helpful. His breakfast was delicious and he made sure everything was always taken care of.
- Eddie was amazing with us. My girlfriend got sick and he even went to find some pills for her. He help us with the shuttles to the adventure park and how to get everywhere. The room was big and full equipped
In one Word: Awesome
The Manager Freddy always gave us the feeling that we are welcome. He did everything to satisfy our needs (e.g. We got an early breakfast because the bus left so early). He also gave us some good recomondations.
The breakfast is freshly made and really delicious. The room was always clean.
The location is quite
Casa Campo Verde
Casa Campo Verde offers accommodations in Monte Verde. Free WiFi is featured and free private parking is available on site.The rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. Each room comes with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a tour desk at the property.Fortuna is 16 miles from Casa Campo Verde, and Santa Elena is 0.6 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 48 miles from the property.
- We stayed in the basic triple room as a couple and it was perfect, we liked it so much that we booked an extra night almost immediately! The room had great views (three walls are glass panel so you get panoramic views of the surroundings) and was beautifully clean with nice furniture. The breakfast was delicious with several good choices and lots of fresh fruit. The location is quiet and access to the family’s reserve is a real bonus, the trails are beautiful and well worth a visit. The family are incredibly helpful and knowledgeable.
Great experience in this family owned casa. Always available to help and make your stay the most enjoyable possible. Great location for the sunset over the Monteverde valley.
Awesome breakfast and one of the biggest and tastiest pancake I’ve tried.
- It’s an amazing and very cozy hotel, which is run by a friendly and nice family. Wooden cabins which fit perfectly well into the nature are new and neat. We greatly enjoyed our stay at the hotel. If we come back to Monteverde we definitely will return to Casa Campo Verde.
Very friendly owner. With the room, you get free access to the reserve of his grandparent’s nearby, in which we could see beautiful lesson’s motmots.
He also gave us a better room than we had booked, simply because it was free.
- Beautiful property and fantastic views! Very central location, knowledgeable and friendly care takers. Clean and spacious rooms, delicious and well portioned breakfast. Highly recommended!
Hotel Las Orquideas
One of our top picks in Monteverde.Showcasing a terrace and views of the mountains, Hotel Las Orquideas is located in Monte Verde, just 17 miles from Fortuna. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature views of the garden or city. Each room includes a private bathroom. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is available.There is a shared lounge at the property.Santa Elena is 1,950 feet from Hotel Las Orquideas, and Puntarenas is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 48 miles from the property.
- The staff were not only friendly, but incredibly helpful.
- The lookout point in their backyard is spectacular, the grounds are lovely, and the visiting capuchin monkeys and coati made it feel like Costa Rica! It was so relaxing to get up and have a hot breakfast prepared for us, and allowed us to meet some other guests for conversing and comparing notes. The common area gave the hotel a comfy feel. Nidia at the front desk was so helpful with suggestions and arrangements for activities, restaurants, etc. We really liked being on the edge of town – initially we thought it would be too noisy, being right on the main highway into town, but it was fine. We are walkers, so the quick walk to town was great for dinners (bring a light!), and most the activities there offer shuttle services to/from hotels so getting around was easy.
- Amazing view behind the hotel, comfortable and clean room, lovely breakfast and great hostess.
- We stayed in the new addition which was spacious and bright. Very clean and modern. The staff were helpful and friendly.
It was a great Bed and Breakfast type of hotel.
Very home style owners interact with all the guests.
Mar Inn Costa Rica
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Mar Inn Costa Rica offers accommodations in Monte Verde. Free private parking is available on site.Each room has a private bathroom fitted with a shower. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is featured.There is a shared lounge at the property.A number of activities are available in the area, such as horseback riding and biking. Fortuna is 16 miles from Mar Inn Costa Rica, and Santa Elena is 1,300 feet from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 48 miles from the property.
- Our room, which was a family room on the outside of the hotel was really nice. Dark, not too hot and we slept very well. Loads of hot water. Breakfast nice but small. Parking for a small number but great location too. Staff reserved but friendly and approachable.
Was a little out of the way but in a central location to access tours. Short walk to town.
Staff was very helpful, very good breakfast, prepared to order
- We had a balcony off our room with a comfortable seatimg area. There was also a nice public lounging area opening to the balcony. The view was stunning. The climate can be cooler in Monteverde so the light soft duvets on the beds were a very nice touch. The walk in shower was latge and the hot water was plentiful. Everything was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was included and of very good quality. You have to pay for bottled water. The B&B Mar Inn is on a very steep hill a very short walking distance from the centre of town with shops and restaurants.
- Nice and quiet place,close to Santa Elena centrum.
- Anthony is THE BEST!!! He will help you get whatever you need! Super nice guy.
Top Bed And Breakfasts In Sierra Guanacaste Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best bed and breakfasts to stay in Sierra Guanacaste to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best bed and breakfast because there are just so many places to stay in Sierra Guanacaste but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best bed and breakfasts in Sierra Guanacaste. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!