10 Best Bed And Breakfasts To Stay In Saffron Walden Essex – Top Hotel Reviews
Saffron Walden Essex is beautiful and has lots of bed and breakfasts. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best bed and breakfasts in Saffron Walden Essex. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Saffron Walden Essex. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Saffron Walden Essex. To see which bed and breakfast sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best bed and breakfast and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 bed and breakfasts of which we think are the best bed and breakfasts in Saffron Walden Essex right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular bed and breakfasts in Saffron Walden Essex with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Bed And Breakfasts In Saffron Walden Essex:
The King William IV
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, The King William IV offers accommodations in Great Chishall, just 12 miles from Cambridge. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms have a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom.Luton is 24 miles from The King William IV, and Saint Albans is 27 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 13 miles from The King William IV.
- Beautiful location in the Cambridgeshire countryside. Lovely pub with oak beams etc. Comfortable bed. Nicely decorated and furnished room. Comfortable arm chair. Good selection of tea, coffee and biscuits and plenty of them. Good strong shower.
- There was no cooked breakfast, just a breakfast box to room. We did complain and to be fair to the hotel they knocked £10 each off our dinner bill
- Rooms really well appointed if a little small. Excellent wi-fi. Food at the restaurant is VERY good and especially good if you want a great vegetarian menu.
- The accomodation was clean, modern and comfortable. There are just four rooms with ensuite shower in a converted barn to the side of the pub. Parking is free and you can park right outside the room. There is level access. The pub itself is stunning, a real old fashion, quirky establishment. We stayed for three nights and ate in the pub every night. The food was reasonably priced and of an excellent standard. There was a very good vegetarian menu as well as an extensive menu of other foods. The breakfast was good, fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, cereal and a full English, meat or vegie ( Thank you Terry 😀). What really set this venue apart from others we have stayed in was the excellent service from the staff. They were friendly, polite and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Our lovely waitress gave us advice and information about the area and the manager was clearly very hands on, the atmosphere was positive and cheerful.
- Staff were really friendly and helpful, the meal was great as well as a good breakfast. Also the rooms were comfortable and clean. Would definitely stay again if in the area.
The Yew Tree
Situated 15 minutes’ drive from Stansted Airport, The Yew Tree is a 15th-century Grade II listed building set in the picturesque village of Manuden. Home-cooked food and real cask ales are served on-site and parking is available for a surcharge. Free WiFi is available in public areas.Each room comes with en-suite facilities, and tea/coffee making facilities.The on-site restaurant offers a wide variety of starters, mains and desserts, as well as a Sunday roast. A Continental breakfast is included, and a full English option is available for a small additional charge.
- Staff were great, especially Ellie (I think that was her name) who made our group feel very welcome and looked after us throughout our stay.
- WHEN I BOOKED THIS ROOM IT WAS ADVERTISED AS BED AND BREAKFAST,CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST, I SENT EMAIL ASKING IF A COOKED BREAKFAST WAS POSSIBLE YOUR REPLY WAS,A COOKED BREAKFAST IS AVAILABLE AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
Overall disappointing service and standard from what you expect looking at their official website. Payed £100 for a double room (room 7) on a Saturday night. Definitely not worth the money.
In terms of positive things I would say the quality on bedsheets and shower towels, they were of good standard. Also it was a spacious room and it had an European electricity adaptor.
- Lovely village location. The pub was delightful, lovely food and drink and pleasant atmosphere.
- Good localisation. 15 mins drive to Stansted airport. Kettle, teas and coffees in the room.
Steepleview Bed and Breakfast
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Steepleview Bed and Breakfast offers accommodations in Thaxted, just 20 miles from Cambridge. Free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Certain units have a sitting area for your convenience. All rooms have a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower. Extras include bathrobes and free toiletries.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Colchester is 24 miles from Steepleview Bed and Breakfast, and Chelmsford is 16 miles away. London Stansted Airport is 6 miles from the property.
Friendly and helpful when bathroom room failed to open
Very clean and a lovely big bathroom.
Added fan in room due to the room being very bright and sunny
Robes for use.
Took care to make sure breakfast was gluten free.
- The hospitality of Paul was really pleasant and Thaxted really lovely (the people, vernacular architectures, its restaurants and pub). I enjoyed this trip and I’m already thinking to go back over there (also if I still have many other places to visit in this pretty country…).
- Very comfy bed, in a lovely room with a spacious bathroom. Great breakfast.
- Super friendly and accommodating, couldn’t have asked for nicer hosts. Room was lovely and the bathroom/shower was awesome! Great veggie breakfast too.
- We were leaving early so we asked for a pack up . Not a problem was the reply
- Friendly and helpful when bathroom room failed to open
the tudor cottage
Showcasing a terrace and views of the garden, the tudor cottage is located in Clavering, just 17 miles from Cambridge.All rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and free toiletries.Luton is 25 miles from the tudor cottage, and Saint Albans is 25 miles away. London Stansted Airport is 7 miles from the property.
- A delightful period cottage in a pretty cottage garden. Juliet, the owner, could not have been more helpful or welcoming.
- A very interesting area. Juliette recommened an excellent restaurant. The cottage is beautiful.
- A lovely, charming and quiet place in the countryside run by a very gentle lady who will make you feel better than at home. Great breakfast!
- Breakfast was superb and the beds were comfy. Juliet was very friendly and helpful, recommending places to eat and visit.
- The house is beautiful, with low ceilings and wooden beams, the bedroom was also nice. Juliet went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable and we enjoyed breakfast too, which was flexible to meet my wife’s dietary requirements.
Church Hall Farm Bed and Breakfast
Church Hall Farm Bed and Breakfast offers accommodations in Broxted. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms include a flat-screen TV. Some units include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a kettle in the room.Cambridge is 21 miles from Church Hall Farm B&B, and Luton is 31 miles away. The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 2.5 miles from Church Hall Farm Bed and Breakfast.
- Everything, this is a great place to stay, much care and thought put into guests’ comfort.
- Great continental breakfast with a huge selection, cereals, fruit, ham and cheese, croissant, toast etc.
- This place is a rare find. Pristine and charming accommodation, excellent in all departments and convivial hosts. We loved it.
- The welcome from Tony was brilliant. Very helpful.
- Absolutely delightful place to stay. Room so clean and bed so comfy. Tony was very friendly and helpful and breakfast was delicious – even the croissants.highly recommend a stay here you won’t be disappointed and we will be visiting again for sure.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Stansted Lodge offers accommodations in Elsenham, just 21 miles from Cambridge. Private parking is available on site.You will find a kettle in the room. A TV is provided.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Luton is 28 miles from Stansted Lodge, and Saint Albans is 27 miles away. London Stansted Airport is 1.9 miles from the property.
- Fantastic customer service. Beautiful english style house.
- Perfect stay! So comfy and cosy! Host was so accommodating too. She made me feel right at home. Loved staying there and will definitely stay again!
- Convenient walk to the train station, kitchen open 24 hours to help yourself.
- Great service, comfortable stay anytime I’m there. Thanks for everything!
Very helpful owner. Self service breakfast available in the large kitchen, but as I was leaving very early I didn’t get to sample it 🙁
Clean and quiet and ideal for an early flight as it’s only 10 minutes from the airport.
Great Sampford B&B Sorrells farm
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Great Sampford B&B Sorrells farm offers accommodations in Hempstead. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms include a flat-screen TV. Some accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.Cambridge is 18 miles from Great Sampford B&B Sorrells farm, and Colchester is 23 miles away. The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 10 miles from the property.
- Extremely cosy and comfortable, spotlessly clean, very quiet location and easy to find. Well stocked for hot drinks and toast/cereals/juice but with costed option for self cook full breakfast if required. Delightful owner,
- Lovely accomodation, wonderful host Emma, everything was perfect.Will definately stay again&recommend to friends,great value for money&lovely breakfast, more than we expected, fantastic, peaceful break 😊
- The accommodation was very clean and tastefully decorated. The owner was very pleasant and the cereals, milk, orange juice, tea and coffee provided were a nice touch.
- Property was spotless. Met by the very friendly owner upon arrival and given a thorough tour of the facilities. Everything was spotless. Tea, coffee, milk, orange juice and cold breakfast stuff in the kitchen even though we didn’t ask for breakfast. Shower was amazing!!
- Self contained, private, very comfortable and clean. So much more than what you would/I did expect when booking a B & B. Everything you need for self catering. And kind and helpful hosts. Thank you, perfect stay.
The Mill House Stansted
The Mill House Stansted is located in Stansted Mountfitchet, just 31 miles from London.All rooms include a flat-screen TV. You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and free toiletries.There is a hairdresser’s at the property.Cambridge is 21 miles from The Mill House Stansted, and Luton is 26 miles from the property. London Stansted Airport is 3.1 miles away.
Very close to the Stansted airport, with trains available even for my early flight.
The room was gorgeous. Lot of space, furnished with taste and a pinch of love. Warm and fluffy bed.
The owner was very kind and helpful.
- Very clean and bed was soo comfortable, great night’s sleep. Great communication with owners who were very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay again. **
Stayed in August last year and did say that the next time I was in the area and needed to stay over again that I would be back – well I was and I will be again.
Lovely rooms. Comfy bed and everything clean & tidy – what more could you want.
- Linda the owner was lovely and helpful. Went above and beyond. I will definitely return.
We missed our flight and found this for the perfect escape to at least start our holiday.
The bed was super comfy and big (I’m 6ft 5”). It was quiet and an ideal location.
- Very close to the Stansted airport, with trains available even for my early flight.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Elsenham Lodge offers accommodations in Elsenham. Private parking is available on site.A TV is provided.Cambridge is 21 miles from Stansted Lodge, and Luton is 28 miles away. London Stansted Airport is 2.5 miles from the property.
- Clean & comfortable. Self serve breakfast available.
- I loved how friendly the member of staff was showed us where everything was could help ourself to food and drink always available everything kept really well and clean good organization and the room was excellent for us
- Staff waited up til 2am for our late arrival and were very helpful and polite.
The young Italian woman who works there was friendly and efficient making for a good experience (my flight was also delayed so I didn’t get in until after 1am).
The house is lovely and traditional.
Breakfast is included and whilst basic is sufficient.
- A very warm welcome from our host. A great place to stay before an early flight. Breakfast was continental and you could help yourself at any time. The host’s home made apple cake was sublime! The room had everything you would need and the bed was comfortable.
The Coach House
The Coach House offers accommodations in Shepreth. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain accommodations have a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room comes with a private bathroom.Cambridge is 7 miles from The Coach House, and Luton is 25 miles from the property. The nearest airport is London Stansted Airport, 18 miles from the property.
- Hazel was very welcoming. Lovely breakfast in a wonderful place to stay
- Lovely quiet location. Hazel and Jeff were the perfect hosts. Room ( suite !!) was excellent with huge bathroom with separate walk in shower. Great cooked breakfast in the house dining room. Efficient free wi-fi. Lovely gardens. Loads of parking space and Village pub within easy walking distance.
- Very comfortable and quiet. Good for a relaxing stay. Hearty breakfast.
- We liked the quiet location and very friendly hosts. Breakfast was very good.
- Hazel was a lovely chatty host, and made you feel very welcome. The breakfast was excellent as was the whole stay, highly recommended, would definitely stay again.
Top Bed And Breakfasts In Saffron Walden Essex Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best bed and breakfasts to stay in Saffron Walden Essex to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best bed and breakfast because there are just so many places to stay in Saffron Walden Essex but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best bed and breakfasts in Saffron Walden Essex. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!