10 Best Bed And Breakfasts To Stay In Papaikou The Big Island – Top Hotel Reviews
Papaikou The Big Island is beautiful and has lots of bed and breakfasts. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best bed and breakfasts in Papaikou The Big Island. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Papaikou The Big Island. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Papaikou The Big Island. To see which bed and breakfast sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best bed and breakfast and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 bed and breakfasts of which we think are the best bed and breakfasts in Papaikou The Big Island right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular bed and breakfasts in Papaikou The Big Island with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Bed And Breakfasts In Papaikou The Big Island:
Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast
This property is a 14-minute walk from the beach. Located in Hilo, 25 miles from Volcano, Hale Kai Hawaii Bed & Breakfast features free WiFi access and free private parking.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms have views of the sea or pool. All rooms have a private bathroom equipped with a shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.The nearest airport is Hilo Airport, 3.7 miles from the property.
- Great breakfast. Friendly hosts knowledgeable about the area. Very helpful in planning activities
- It has a very nice family atmosphere. The host is very knowledgeable about what to see and very helpful. The view is wonderful.
- The view was wonderful. Maria and Ric were great hosts and the breakfasts were outstanding. We were given an information sheet about the area that was extremely helpful.
- Incredible view, clean with all the amenities. Great lanai, beautiful shower. Pool, hot tub, nice breakfast, great hosts. 1st Rate!
- very good view. it was located in a secluded spot, so it was nice to have a relaxing break. the owner very friendly.
The Palms Cliff House Inn
A full hot breakfast is provided daily at this ocean front B&B sitting on 3.5 acres of lush tropical gardens. All rooms offer an ocean view and satellite TV. Kolekole Beach Park is less than a 15 minute walk away.The uniquely furnished rooms at The Palms Cliff House Inn offer soundproofing for privacy and comfort. A patio or balcony is included, and all rooms feature a small fridge and coffee-making facilities. Some rooms have a spa bathtub.Laundry and dry cleaning services are available at The Palms Cliff House Inn Hawaii. Barbecue facilities and a gift shop are on site.Akaka Falls State Park is a 10 minute drive from this bed and breakfast. Hilo Farmer’s Market is a 15 minute drive away.
Room: Very big (Hawaiian Views suite), spacious, clean, with big gas fireplace and jacuzzi tub inside room looking out the bay windows across the ocean.
Location: On a quiet cliff overlooking the ocean, short drive to famous Akaka Falls waterfall.
Check-In: Polite and simple arrival process.
- Location, peacefulness, views over the ocean and value for money. Beats a 5 star hotel any day
- We fell in love upon arrival. Our lanai was so amazing we had difficulty ever leaving it to go out to explore. Breakfast ($15 each) was delicious, served on the large, comfortable front porch. Rain or shine, we sat outside to enjoy the unbelievable views and the balmy air, and to watch for whales. Our room was palatial, including carved marble women on each side of the fireplace to support the mantle. We enjoyed the huge DVD collection for movie nights. The grounds were lovely.
- Great location for exploring the Big Island north of Hilo. Stunning views of the Pacific sunrise.
- The Palms Cliff House is absolutely beautiful and the setting is gorgeous. The staff and the owner were very helpful and informative. Our only regret was that we didn’t stay longer–next time.
- Room: Very big (Hawaiian Views suite), spacious, clean, with big gas fireplace and jacuzzi tub inside room looking out the bay windows across the ocean.
Maureen’s Bed and Breakfast
Maureen’s Bed and Breakfast offers accommodations in Hilo.All rooms include a shared bathroom.Hilo Airport is 1.9 miles away.
- Very good bed. Friendly atmosphere. Convenient to the sites we wanted to visit.
- Breakfast was nice. Fresh fruit, Kona coffee, and buttermilk pancakes. Room accommodation was perfect.
- Very damp everywhere and smelled because of raiin and moisture. Killed large roaches that were the biggest ive ever seen in the bathroom My biggest dissatisfaction was the breakfast. I’ve stayed at many and usually the breakfast is excellent. Not here very basic and not good
- This is really the good place to be in Hilo. The house is old and beautiful and Maureen has a lot of good plans to share. Her breakfast is also really good !
- The bed was very comfortable, perfect pillows, peaceful.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hilotown Hale offers accommodations in Hilo, just 23 miles from Volcano.Each room is fitted with a shared bathroom. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is provided.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.The nearest airport is Hilo Airport, 3.1 miles from the property.
- Great location! If it wasn’t raining so much we could have walked to everywhere we went!!
- It was very very clean and Patricia was wonderful.
- The room was cozy, clean, perfect. Patricia is so kind and helpful with everything. We had a lovely stay.
- Very welcoming host! Short distance to the airport
- What made my stay here wonderful, was the lovely breakfast I received from Patricia and her local expertise of the island. We had a wonderful talk in the morning, where she helped me plan my drive across the island. I would definitely stay here again!
Hilo Bay Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast
Hilo Bay Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast offers accommodations in Hilo. Free private parking is available on site.Certain units include a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms have views of the sea or garden. The rooms have a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find free shuttle service at the property.A range of activities are available in the area, such as snorkeling and fishing. The nearest airport is Hilo Airport, 2.5 miles from the property.
Fantastic location just outside Hilo on the ocean. Loved the sound of the ocean and frogs at night.
Hosts are very generous with guest offerings – snacks, drinks, scuba gear, night cap.
Breakfast was made to order on your schedule. Was a great way to start our days off.
Everell was a fantastic host…
The room was large, beautifully decorated and clean, and the bathroom was recently renovated with a large walk-in shower and vanity.
Everell, the owner was a friendly and generous host. They had a separate full sized refrigerator for the guests to help themselves to bottles of beer, wine and water as well as snacks.
He directed us to a nice restaurant for dinner and offered to pick us up if the rain (it was Hilo) got too heavy.
The breakfast choices were amazing and our omelets were cooked to order with flair and the juice was freshly squeezed. The house was right on the shore of Hilo bay and the breakfast room windows had a dramatic view.
- The “breakfast” part of the B and B is superb, and snack foods are also provided. Going to sleep to the sound of the ocean is wonderful. Our hosts were very welcoming.
- Breakfast was fantastic! The host was very accommodating and cooked up a hot made to order breakfast every morning. Also the location was very unique and very close to everything.
- On the ocean, quiet, good breakfasts (try the macadamia pancakes), very helpful owners
- Fantastic location just outside Hilo on the ocean. Loved the sound of the ocean and frogs at night.
GreenWillMind Hawaii B&B
One of our best sellers in Hilo! Featuring free WiFi, GreenWillMind Hawaii B&B offers accommodations in Hilo, just 20 miles from Volcano.All rooms come with a flat-screen TV. Certain units include a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the sea or mountains. Each room is equipped with a shared bathroom. Extras include bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared kitchen at the property.Bike rental is available at this bed and breakfast and the area is popular for biking. Hilo Airport is 5 miles away.
- EVERYTHING!!!! The welcome knack was the MOST FRIENDLIEST, warm comfortable – The young lady showed us LOVE!!! The bread was DELICIOUS!!!! The place looked like a mini mansion!!!! Totallllllly ENJOYED MYSELF!!! The bed was a cloud – COMMMMMMMFY!!!! I will definitely RETURN- Mahalo for opening your home and welcoming us~~
- Lovely rooms and setting. Could have stayed for a long time. Kitchen area and general area great as you can eat when you want and nice to chat with other guests if you are interested.
* Great place with a nice atmosphere.
* Decent breakfast, homemade bread.
* Really good internet.
* Clean place.
* Laundry-Machine available. (Free)
* Really good bed (mattress).
* Clearly marked parking-spots
- Very helpful and happy staff member (Dakota), beautiful 1960s house with Hawaiian style architecture and furnishings, great location for experiencing Hilo and around the area, great breakfast and home made bread provided, all requests accommodated
- was able to cook my own breakfast and was very quiet and everyone was friendly especially the house cat
Hawaiian Ohana Home
One of our best sellers in Hilo! Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Hawaiian Ohana Home offers accommodations in Hilo. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms have a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms feature views of the sea or garden. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is provided.There is a shared kitchen at the property.The bed and breakfast also provides bike rental. Hilo Airport is 4.3 miles away.
- We had the cottage which had 2 bedrooms with a king and queen bed in either room. There was a well equipped kitchen and it was all lovely and clean as well as having an excellent bathroom. We enjoyed relaxing in the evening watching movies with the selection at hand. Diana was a lovely host and very friendly and helpful. We watched the towns New Years fireworks go off from the upstairs lanai which was great fun. I would definately recommend this home to others.
- Thank you Diana for the warm and welcoming hospitality, the flours the GPS and everything else. You are a wonderful host.
- Had expected breakfast but it was do-it-yourself with a number of items provided with use of a kitchen to be shared with other guests, and this worked well for us. We did not have to co-ordinate rising times. Room spacious with a gorgeous welcoming bouquet. Lovely hostess popped in and out around her job and other commitments. Very helpful suggestions sightseeing. Liked balcony to look out, sit out, check the weather. Had reading material available. Ample towels and washcloths available, tea and coffee-making appliances and small private fridge a part of the king bedroom arrangement plus private bathroom. (Other guests had to share the other bathroom)
- It just felt like home. Many thanks to Diana and her hospitality, all tips where to go, what to see. It was pleasure talking in the evenings and finding more amazing facts about the island. The place was awesome, so was our room. We had great b’fast which was local, fresh and I am over the moon that I have tried many new fruits which are not common in our country. Great place to stay!
- Diana is very nice, generous and helpful. I’d love to go back and stay there again some time.
This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Aaron’s Cottage is located in Hilo, just 25 miles from Volcano. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV with cable channels. Certain units have a sitting area where you can relax. You will find a coffee machine in the room. Each room comes with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared kitchen at the property.The nearest airport is Hilo Airport, 1.2 miles from the property.
- Comfortable big en suite room. Close to nice beach.
- Would definitely stay here again! Laundry facilities, clean rooms, access to kitchen. Great value!
- Accommodations were satisfactory. Certainly not spic n span clean – dust in corners, behind furniture, on blinds. One towel was stained, one had a hole.
- Lovely room next to beautiful garden. Friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Kitchen with full facilties and breakfast requirements.
- The location and private beach just down the street. Supplies for making breakfast in the morning and a lovely patio to sit out and enjoy the breakfast. Allen (Aaron’s father) was helpful in telling us about restaurants in the area.
Ala Kai Bed and Breakfast
Showcasing an outdoor pool and year-round outdoor pool, Ala Kai Bed and Breakfast is located in Hawaiian Paradise Park in the region of Hawaii Island. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TVwith cable channels, as well as a CD player are available. Certain rooms include a sitting area for your convenience. Views of the sea, pool or garden are featured in certain rooms. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Hilo is 11 miles from Ala Kai Bed and Breakfast, and Volcano is 24 miles away. Hilo Airport is 10 miles from the property.
- Mary was a great host. The rooms were excellent. She was very helpful with dinner suggestions and sights to see. The view from her home were awesome!
- The cottage was cozy and clean. The owner was on site and provided a variety of great items for breakfast. I had earlier e-mails with her about late check in and she responded quickly and was very accommodating. She was a delight to talk with.
- Lovely hosts. We even were invited to join them for their 4th July celebrations 🙂 The space was great for us as a family of 5. The pull out sofa was comfortable as well as the beds. Great space, and quiet.
- Mary (the owner) has made her place very homely and comfortable and also provides an excellent breakfast
- Excellent breakfasts with ocean view from the porch. Room enough for 4 in the detached 2BR cottage. The cottage is clean and comfortable.
Orchid Tree B&B
Located in Hilo, 25 miles from Volcano, Orchid Tree B&B features a year-round outdoor pool and hot tub. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels and DVD player. Some accommodations include a sitting area for your convenience. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. The rooms are fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.The nearest airport is Hilo Airport, 3.7 miles from the property.
- The owner was open and friendly, had great dining recommendations and the breakfast fruits, grown on the property were delightfully fresh and tasty!
- Beautiful rooms, proximity of a beach, wonderful host, eco-friendly. Atmospheric. Best part of my Hawaian experience. Very private, very relaxing.
- The location and the breakfasts. Beautiful garden, very quiet.
The room was absolutly beautiful. The owner was kind. There is a pool and a jacuzzi in the backyard. The view is great. The breakfast was just amazing, fresh fruits every morning, waffles, bagel, croissant.
It was our first night in Big Island and now the expectations are high for the rest of the trip!
The beach is at one minute walk but is mostly for surfers.
- quiet location, close to the beach, great, friendly host, beautiful room and nice garden with swimming pool ad jackuzzi, big shower, fresh fruits for breakfast
Top Bed And Breakfasts In Papaikou The Big Island Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best bed and breakfasts to stay in Papaikou The Big Island to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best bed and breakfast because there are just so many places to stay in Papaikou The Big Island but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best bed and breakfasts in Papaikou The Big Island. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!