10 Best Bed And Breakfasts To Stay In Moyogalpa Ometepe – Top Hotel Reviews
Moyogalpa Ometepe is beautiful and has lots of bed and breakfasts. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best bed and breakfasts in Moyogalpa Ometepe. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Moyogalpa Ometepe. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Moyogalpa Ometepe. To see which bed and breakfast sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best bed and breakfast and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 bed and breakfasts of which we think are the best bed and breakfasts in Moyogalpa Ometepe right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular bed and breakfasts in Moyogalpa Ometepe with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Bed And Breakfasts In Moyogalpa Ometepe:
Located in Moyogalpa, 30 miles from Salinas, Hostel Papagayo features free WiFi access and free private parking.Certain units include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day.San Juan del Sur is 23 miles from Hostel Papagayo, and Altagracia is 9 miles from the property. Augusto C. Sandino Airport is 52 miles away.
- This is the kind of place where you feel like home. Staff is super friendly. Location is great to go out and eat. The owner arranged a taxi for us and gave us great advice. The room is spacious and clean. We would have stayed longer! Kitchen is clean and they made our laundry really quickly!
- Nine and his family were amazing. Very helpful with anything. They recently moved into a new property so they are just in the process of getting it set up. We asked Nine where the hammocks were and *poof* the hammocks appeared the next day. Overall we were very happy with our stay and would stay with Nine and his family again 🙂
The owner speaks french, spanish and english.
He was really nice and accomodating.
- The hostel owner was very friendly and ready to help with anything. Simple rooms with new beds and matresses. Good price.
- Lovely and chilled location minutes away from moyogalpa center – very nice patio to eat in looking out on to the lake
La Casa de Dona Jacque
La Casa de Dona Jacque is located in Moyogalpa, 30 miles from Salinas and 23 miles from San Juan del Sur. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms include a sitting area for your convenience.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this bed and breakfast and the area is popular for biking. The bed and breakfast also provides car rental. Altagracia is 8 miles from La Casa de Dona Jacque, and San Jorge is 10 miles away. The nearest airport is Augusto C. Sandino Airport, 52 miles from the property.
- Rooms and place was clean nice having a fan, great location on the island staff is super nice and very safe someone is by the front desk 24-7
- Quiet, calm place. Location is maybe 500m outside of Moyogalpa. Quick walk to the city centre. Wifi worked great. Friendly staff. They hooked us immediately up with a young ambitious tour operator called Danilo when we arrived. He did an excellent job by telling us about the island and what you can do, how much entrance fees are and so on.
- Very social hostel and easy to meet other travelers. There are also single beds and no bunk beds 🙂 The price was really good
- Good location, not far from the ferry. Not a bad place to stay for a night. Friendly staff.
- It was a English speaking guy who gave us information about tours and the island when we checked in. The renting of motorbike was cheap (20USD) and easy. We also booked a volcano treek, which was ok! (28USD, including lunch, Volcano Conception).
Hostal Casa Ometepe
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Hostal Casa Ometepe offers accommodations in Moyogalpa, just 30 miles from Salinas. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are fitted with a TV with cable channels. Some units include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. The rooms include a private bathroom.There is free shuttle service at the property.San Juan del Sur is 22 miles from Hostal Casa Ometepe, and Altagracia is 9 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Augusto C. Sandino Airport, 53 miles from the property.
Lovely staff and Genesis was always available to assist with tours and transportation.
Large, bright and airy rooms.
Great breakfast with a varied choice.
Perfect quiet location away from the hustle and bustle of Moyogalpa but only 10 mins walk into town if needed.
Free transport provided upon arrival and departure from the port.
Good value for money.
- Very friendly helpful staff, excellent breakfast. Collected us from the port when we arrived, dropped us at the airport when we were leaving.
- Genesis is awesome and she goes out of her way to help you. Location is a 10 minute walk from town, so a bit isolated but also note peaceful
- The staff here are amazing! They really went out of their way to help us. The free shuttle to/from the ferry is great. Rooms are clean and comfortable. There’s a lovely breakfast included.
- Comfy beds and air conditioning. Awesome, scam-free hookup for motorcycle/scooter rentals. Friendly service and good free breakfasts.
- Lovely staff and Genesis was always available to assist with tours and transportation.
Finca Montania Sagrada
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Finca Montania Sagrada offers pet-friendly accommodations in Mérida. Free private parking is available on site.Some accommodations include a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Views of the mountains, lake or garden are featured in certain rooms. All rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.There is a tour desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this bed and breakfast and the area is popular for biking. San Juan del Sur is 25 miles from Finca Montania Sagrada, and Altagracia is 9 miles away.
- It’s a stunningly beautiful location in a fairly remote part of the island. The staff is very helpful with suggestions and arrangements. Horseback riding rental is on the property. Sometimes you have to play with the hot water to keep it going and sometimes WiFi wasn’t perfect but that wasn’t the point here. It’s a bit of a get away from it all place but with many very good restaurants and comedors very nearby as is the kayak rental place. Walking around Merida you get more of a feel for Ometeppe life than you would in the more touristy areas. Highly recommended!
From the second we arrived, we felt like home away from home. The grounds are beautiful with lots of plants and trees. The cabins are huge and nicely decorated. Hari and Mirca are loveable and helpful hosts. They have a lot of dogs, which are all very sweet. The food is a bit more expensive than in other places, but totally worth it! The quality is fantastic and the portions huge. They serve a variety of things for breakfast includig homemade bread and jam! And moka!
Also we want to point out, that the directions (we arrived by public transportation) are very accurate. People at the port in San Jorge wanted to talk us into booking a shuttle, first they told us there was no bus (which is a lie) then they told us the way to the finca is very steep and long. It’s not at all, you can do it easily by foot, even with backpacks.
- The room was comfortable with enough space for 2 to function. The grounds were beautiful and well-kept. When a panel of the roof banged in the wind for the first night, it was fixed the next day. The breakfasts were excellent (homemade yogurt & lots of fruit were a bonus!)
- It was the perfect jungle bungalow. Loved our room with the views of the volcanoes.
- Beautiful gardens. Great view up to the volcanoe. Good breakfast included
Casa del Bosque
One of our top picks in Balgue – and a guest favorite.
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Casa del Bosque offers accommodations in Balgue, just 30 miles from San Juan del Sur. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some accommodations feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Each room comes with a private bathroom.You will find a shared kitchen at the property.The bed and breakfast also provides free use of bicycles. Altagracia is 7 miles from Casa del Bosque, and San Jorge is 20 miles from the property. San Carlos Airport is 55 miles away.
Perfect place to relax before and after hiking. The rooms have big verandas where you can chill. The breakfast is AMAZING! Seriously!
Ben is super nice and organized. He helped us to organize the volcano hike and you could always reach out to him with questions. The fridge was always stocked with drinks you can buy and everything was clean! You feel you are right in the jungle but it’s so great! But you have to walk a little bit inland which is ok, but take torches at night. Ben and his staff growing many vegetables in the garden which are used for the Cafe he owns (Cafe Campestre highly recommended). And the best thing: the have pigs in their backyard! We loved it!
- Great communication with owner, staff, food , location. Excellent all round!
- Beautiful setting, incredible food. Ben, the owner very helpful
- The breakfast was amazing! And the possibility to order the food from the restaurant.
- The grounds of Casa del Bosque were incredibly lush and beautiful. The perfect backdrop while relaxing on the expansive private veranda. The room was very clean and well set-up. Ben, the owner, is incredibly friendly and helpful. The free bikes are a nice bonus, but I don’t recommend taking them too far as they aren’t comfortable for long rides. I loved our stay here and would happily return.
- Perfect place to relax before and after hiking. The rooms have big verandas where you can chill. The breakfast is AMAZING! Seriously!
This property is a 12-minute walk from the beach. Selvista Guesthouses is a barefoot luxury collection of jungle guesthouses on the slopes of the Maderas Volcano on Ometepe island, 19.3 miles from the port town of Moyogalpa. Guests can enjoy the on-site honesty bar. Free private parking is available for the 4X4 vehicles needed to reach the property. Free WiFi throughout the property is available.Rustic rooms feature a private outdoor bathroom with a compost toilet and a warm water shower. Luxury rooms include a private indoor bathroom, with a hot water shower and a flush toilet.The property features a greens garden and a shared kitchen, fully equipped for guests who wish to cook. Breakfast is served each day and includes farm produce, certified organic island coffee, and other locally sourced ingredients. Food delivery service is often available from restaurants located in the nearby town.Guests can enjoy various activities near the property, including volcano hikes, coffee tours, taxi transport, and rental of bicycles, scooters, motorcycles, and ATVs. Selvista Guesthouses offers free farm tours to all guests. The entire property is a lush tropical forest, abundant with plant and animal life.Located within an permaculture farm, guests can walk 15 minutes down into the town of Balgüe, or 10 minutes up to the entrance of the Maderas volcano trails. Altagracia is 7.5 miles from Selvista Guesthouses, while the Ometepe Airport is 17.4 miles from the property.
Megan was extremely friendly, helpful and a true host. She explained everything very clearly and made us feel like the bungalow we had (homestead) was our new home for the next days.
The bungalow was big, the facilities amazing, the breakfast perfect and the outdoor shower was the best.
- This property was really neat! The guesthouses were on a little farm, which you wouldn’t have known unless you asked or did your own research. Megan was great. We did a farm tour and learnt so much about the property. The bungalow we stayed in overlooked the volcano. They did a great job on constructing it. The light switches were all strategically placed, as it was 3 stories!. The rooms were clean and well put together. The view was breathtaking and the birds were adorable! Pay the extra $30 a night and stay in a volcano view room. You won’t regret it. We wouldn’t have been happy in the one we originally booked with the compost toilet. The dogs were friendly and quiet at night too! I loved this island. The location was great too. But I highly recommend renting a scooter or atv to explore so your not stuck. And the STARS!! Wow!!
- Our host/property owner Chris was absolutely amazing. He gave us an insightful tour of the grounds, which include a small farm and many experimental plantations aimed at helping local farmers diversify their monocultural crops. The facilities themselves are beautiful, and you’ll really feel like you’ve been castaway into jungle paradise!
- The accommodations were more than I expected! I think I stayed in the Mango House, which had an exceptional view of Conception, the lake and sunset. The bed was the most comfortable Ive stayed in, decorations exceptional, and a hot shower!!! Laying in the hammocks on the upper level was the perfect way to end a day. We ordered in (yes, ordered in!) food for dinner. Most of all Megan, who manages the property was AMAZING! I wish I could have stayed longer just to hang out with her! You can tell she loves the life on Ometepe and the permaculture property she takes care of!
- Such a beautiful little slice of heaven. It is very secluded and in an amazing mini forest. I imagine it’s difficult to get to if you don’t have a car or a quad/bike so take that into consideration. Great to stay in such an environmentally conscious place. Nearly everything is reused somehow. Good vibes.
- Megan was extremely friendly, helpful and a true host. She explained everything very clearly and made us feel like the bungalow we had (homestead) was our new home for the next days.
Located in Altagracia, 29 miles from San Juan del Sur, Posada Cabrera features free WiFi access and free private parking. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Some accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms include views of the garden or city. The rooms have a private bathroom.San Jorge is 17 miles from Posada Cabrera, and Rivas is 19 miles away. The nearest airport is Augusto C. Sandino Airport, 56 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Showcasing a terrace and views of the mountains, Exotic Island is located in Altagracia. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free WiFi is provided and free private parking is available on site.Certain units feature a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the lake or garden. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this bed and breakfast and the area is popular for biking. The bed and breakfast also provides car rental. San Juan del Sur is 28 miles from Exotic Island, and San Jorge is 17 miles away.
No reviews yet.
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Mi Ranchito offers pet-friendly accommodations in Santa Cruz. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant.Views of the mountains, lake or garden are featured in certain rooms. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom.You will find a tour desk at the property.Bike rental is available at this bed and breakfast and the area is popular for biking. The bed and breakfast also provides car rental. San Juan del Sur is 28 miles from Mi Ranchito, and Altagracia is 6 miles from the property.
The food was excellent, I highly recommend the fried fish dinner.
The family running the establishment were very nice and helpful. They spoke English well and helped us plan out activities while on the island.
The location was great, just across from Playa Santa Cruz. The sand goes out quite a long distance without getting deeper, and the waves weren’t big at all.
It’s also easy to get to any part of the island from this spot. We walked to El Zopilote, rode bicycles to ojo de agua, and motorcycles to a kayak launch in Merida.
We rented a motorcycle through them and inflicted some damage on it while out and about. They handled the conflict well, and didn’t demand an unfair amount of money ($50 for a broken light, and some scrapes).
- Clean and very comfortable! Owners were extremely kind!! They made you feel truly cared for as a guest and helped with any questions about island and tours.
- Family who runs the place is absolutely LOVELY!! three little girls, baby, very helpful and adorable staff. Also two dogs (one puppy), two cats (other one kitten) and chickens. They really made us feel like home. They have only one room so you get to feel like part of the family. Room is clean and bed is comfy. No ac but you don’t need it, fan is very effective. You can rent from there atv, bicycle or scooter. Nice places to eat near. It’s nice that the place is in the middle of the island so it’s half way to both volcanos for example. THANK YOU <3
- Good location, opposite the water, mini market just up the road towards Balgue. Lovely family who run the place, very knowledgeable about Ometepe, tours, bus times etc. Good sized room with clean bathroom, room felt secure. Filtered water provided free. Strong wifi throughout the stay.
- Everything was perfect. Mi Ranchito was one of the best places we have stayed during one month in Central America. The hosts are very kind, friendly and helpful. The restaurant offers great meals. We wish we could stayed longer than 3 nights.
- The food was excellent, I highly recommend the fried fish dinner.
Rosa’s Lake Cabins
This property is 1 minute walk from the beach. Rosa’s Lake Cabins is located in Mérida, 25 miles from San Juan del Sur and 8 miles from Altagracia. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms feature a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the lake or garden.You will find luggage storage space at the property.The bed and breakfast also provides bike rental. San Jorge is 16 miles from Rosa’s Lake Cabins, and Rivas is 18 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Top Bed And Breakfasts In Moyogalpa Ometepe Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best bed and breakfasts to stay in Moyogalpa Ometepe to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best bed and breakfast because there are just so many places to stay in Moyogalpa Ometepe but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best bed and breakfasts in Moyogalpa Ometepe. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!