10 Best Bed And Breakfasts To Stay In Don Matías Alajuela – Top Hotel Reviews
Don Matías Alajuela is beautiful and has lots of bed and breakfasts. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best bed and breakfasts in Don Matías Alajuela. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Don Matías Alajuela. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Don Matías Alajuela. To see which bed and breakfast sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best bed and breakfast and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 bed and breakfasts of which we think are the best bed and breakfasts in Don Matías Alajuela right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular bed and breakfasts in Don Matías Alajuela with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Bed And Breakfasts In Don Matías Alajuela:
The Orchid Tree B&B Costa Rica
Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and barbecue, The Orchid Tree B&B Costa Rica is located in Atenas.All rooms are fitted with a private bathroom. A TV is featured.Guests can enjoy various activities in the area, including biking and hiking. Jacó is 31 miles from The Orchid Tree B&B Costa Rica, and San José is 19 miles away. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 11 miles from the property.
Exceptional in every way. The property was immaculate, room comfy, breakfast was outstanding. The pool was clean and refreshing, beautiful gardens. Friendly, helpful owner.
I didn’t want to leave! I will definitely return next time I am in the country
- Absolutely lovely property with open air kitchen, dining and sitting areas as well as comfortable rooms. Brad, the owner, is terrific and we enjoyed our time relaxing in conversation with him by the pool and also as he prepared our delicious breakfast. The property is walking distance into Atenas, along a forest trail. Proximity to San Jose airport made for an excellent location for our final couple vacation days.
- Beautifully landscaped palm shaded grounds; a clean big refreshing pool for swimming bordered by patios with loungers and a large gazebo with chairs and tables; a spacious al fresco dining / lounge area makes breakfast and relaxation comfortable ; and having rooms linked with a covered colonnade walkway adds protection from sun and rain. However the owner Brad is the best reason for staying here. His gourmet breakfasts are varied and bountiful. He is extremely helpful in making your visit productive ( greeting you on a late arrival, calling for reservations, and responsive to requests).
- Nice breakfast whith a wonderful fruitsallad. Great service , Brad was very helpfull in every way. Nice big room, very calm surroundings and place. It was great to spend the afternoon in an hammock around the pool. Very good coffe too .
- Best WIFI I have had in 3 weeks. Nice breakfast and very friendly host!
- Exceptional in every way. The property was immaculate, room comfy, breakfast was outstanding. The pool was clean and refreshing, beautiful gardens. Friendly, helpful owner.
Quinta Don Fernando
Located in La Garita in the region of Alajuela, 18 miles from San José, Quinta Don Fernando features a terrace and views of the pool. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms include a private bathroom.You will find a gift shop at the property.The bed and breakfast also provides car rental. Alajuela is 8 miles from Quinta Don Fernando, and Escazú is 14 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 9 miles from Quinta Don Fernando.
No reviews yet.
Casa Verde Atenas
One of our best sellers in Atenas! Showcasing a hot tub and sauna, Casa Verde Atenas is located in Atenas, just 30 miles from Jacó. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TV with cable channels is featured.There is a shared lounge at the property.San José is 19 miles from Casa Verde Atenas, and Alajuela is 11 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 11 miles from the property.
- Alex and his family were exceptional hosts! A little Oasis close to San Jose. We booked for one night and ended up extending for two, and we will be returning the night before we fly out for a third night. On our first stay we were in the budget twin room, and the beds were very comfy. We loved our view from the third story; it was like being in a treehouse! (But do use caution when navigating the spiral staircase up to the room.) The pool was very refreshing, the grounds were beautiful, and the birds and pets all around the property were an added bonus. We would definitely recommend!
- Exllent hosts treated me like family healthy breakfast super location to relax I recommend to any one that loves nature like surrounding Giuseppe Luca new york
- EXCELLENT ..Peaceful and beautiful.. ..Staff was amazing and breakfast too…Loved it
- The best thing about Casa Verde is the family that runs it! They are warm and friendly people and I can’t wait to come back and visit them again!
Awesomeness, kinda hidden, the landscaping is magnificent.
I hate Costa Rica, but I would live here.
Eden Atenas Costa Rica
Showcasing a year-round outdoor pool and terrace, Eden Atenas Costa Rica is located in Atenas. Free private parking is available on site.Certain units have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms.There is a shared kitchen at the property.San José is 21 miles from Eden Atenas Costa Rica, and Alajuela is 11 miles from the property. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 12 miles away.
- The bed was really comfortable and the breakfast was amazing every day. Hosts were very accommodating and got us anything we needed.
- Property was beautiful the pool was awesome. Rooms were clean and nice
- The property was beautiful, the room comfortable and the breakfast that was provided was healthy and delicious! The hosts were friendly and gave great advice on where to go for dinner in town.
- Beautiful grounds, very pleasant hosts, peaceful and relaxing and super delicious breakfasts
- The propoerty is in a beautiful and peaceful area, just out of the town. Totally surrounded with colourful gardens, it offers fabulous views of the area. The rooms are big, nicely decorated and super clean. The breakfast was delicious 🙂 The owners are very friendly and we enjoyed chatting with them. Atenas is a lovely and cozy town, great to observe the life of locals.
Dos Palmas Country Inn
Featuring free WiFi and a year-round outdoor pool, Dos Palmas Country Inn offers accommodations in Alajuela. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.All rooms have a TV. Certain rooms feature views of the pool or garden. The rooms include a private bathroom.There is luggage storage space at the property.The bed and breakfast also provides car rental. San José is 16 miles from Dos Palmas Country Inn, and Escazú is 12 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 7 miles from the property.
- Quiet comfortable hotel, with large comfortable room, spacious bathroom, in semi-rural setting with hillside and forested views, with delightful pool area (pictures do not do it justice). Located 7km from main airport. Managers welcoming, friendly, and helpful. Good breakfast, (eggs perfectly cooked!). We particularly appreciated use of pool and shower room, after check-out, and before departure to airport for evening flight. Nearest restaurants (one simple but very good, La Laguna, recommended by our hosts) are a 20 minute walk through semi-rural hilly area, and supermarket 5 minutes further; although not a problem for us, it might be an issue for others without their own transport. Recommend strongly a visit to wonderful Zoo-Ave, (4km by frequent bus from restaurants’ bus stop).
- Had a very good sleep and the host were very helpfull
- I liked the property a lot. Very secure, clean and welcoming. You can have dinner and drinks at the property. Room was big, clean and nicely decorated. Very convinient when you are departing early morning or arriving late at night. You will rest well and will continue your journey fresh.
- A quiet location easy to find and close to the airport so perfect for the last day of our holiday. The owner was helpful and friendly. Everything was clean and comfortable.
- The owner, Flor and her husband were really friendly and helpful. The rooms are set up like a local home, clean, comfy and reallt cute. Not fancy but I loved it! They prepared dinner for us which was delicious and also pointed us in the direction of a cute little Soda (I can’t remember the name, but it was the most delicious food I had the whole week we were in country) for lunch. Walking distance to the soda and the “supermarket”. Close to the airport.
Situated in Alajuela, Uruka features an outdoor swimming pool, a tennis court and a garden. Featuring a terrace, the bed and breakfast has air-conditioned rooms with free WiFi, each with a shared bathroom. There is a restaurant.At the bed and breakfast, all rooms have a wardrobe and a flat-screen TV. Some rooms here will provide you with a kitchenette with a microwave. Guest rooms will provide guests with a toaster.A Continental breakfast is available each morning at the property.The reception can provide advice on the area in order to help guests plan their day.San José is 16.2 miles from Uruka, while Escazú is 12.4 miles away, the Coyol Free Zone is only 2.5 miles. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 7.5 miles from the accommodation.
- Everything! Comfy beds, wonderful hospitality – Sergio was the kindest, most accommodating host! We left CR with a big smile on our faces thanks to his kindness 🙂
- Peaceful pretty house with gorgeous swimming pool and garden.2 minute walk to botanical orchid garden,which was a great afternoon out.lovely friendly brothers that run it.the family will cook lunch and dinner by request.free coffee and continental breakfast..free airport lift. Incredible value for money.
- The hosts were wonderful, the property is very conveniently located near the airport. A perfect first and last night stay in Costa Rica.
- Loved the pool! Loved the fish dinner prepared for us at the hotel. Airport transportation at no extra charge is unusual.
- The place is great! New, hommy, and the hostage – amazing!
B&B Vista Atenas
Located in Atenas in the region of Alajuela, 29 miles from Jacó, B&B Vista Atenas features a year-round outdoor pool and views of the mountains.Some accommodations have a sitting area for your convenience. Certain rooms feature views of the garden or city. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom.San José is 22 miles from B&B Vista Atenas, and Alajuela is 13 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 14 miles from B&B Vista Atenas.
- Vera, the owner, and her staff were extremely friendly. The 180+ degrees views from the breakfast area and pool over the valley are incredible and one of the best we had during our multiple week stay in CR. The room had very modern and European feel and was very clean. It is nice to have a small fridge to keep drinks cool. The staff went out of their way to serve a full breakfast early to allow for us to catch our flight on time. We got coffee whenever we asked and it is the kind that is grown locally…it was truly delicious. It is only a short drive to restaurants on paved roads…a refreshing experience after visiting the Nicola peninsula. Can’t speak highly enough about this accommodation!! We will make sure to stop again when re-visting Costa Rica. Much better to stay the night here prior to catching a flight than it is in San José. Thanks so much Vistas Atenas!
- Gracious host, incredible view, simple & delicious breakfast, adorable dog, clean room, attention to detail was impressive (astronomy theme ran throughout the property). Nothing bad to say about this place, excellent price.
- We were treated like family! The room was lovely and the view from the pool overlooked the entire Atenas valley. You could take pictures of the sunrise and the moom rise. The lights from below were spectacular.
- Wonderful place to stay. The views are amazing and you feel at home straight away. The breakfast was great and you could helpt yourself to tea or coffee at any time.
- The view here is wonderful, and the location is perfect for a first and last night near the airport, but not to close. Combine that with a friendly staff, good price, nicely decorated rooms and excellent breakfast. Vera (the owner) make you feel welcome from your arrival to departure. A great choice for a quick stay or to spend some time touring the central valley. this was our second trip to this B & B.
Located in Alajuela, 14 miles from San José, B&B Villa Margarita features a terrace and views of the mountains. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms include a private bathroom.You will find a gift shop at the property.Escazú is 11 miles from B&B Villa Margarita, and Heredia is 11 miles away. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 5 miles from the property.
- Very relaxed stay after a long flight. Margarita is a lovely person very friendly and helpful.Cannot do enough for you.Peaceful surroundings .
- Excellent breakfast included in room rate and Owner was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend.
- Perfect to start/end a roundtrip in Costa Rica, very nice and big rooms, super helpful and friendly host (Margarita)m easy to find from airport,
- Margarita is friendly and helpful. Villa Margarita is known to be a good place to stay when you want something easily and quickly accessible from SJO airport but with the peace and quiet you can’t find in the city. When we picked up our rental car at the airport from Solid car rental and they asked where we were staying that night we replied ‘Villa Margarita’ and all of the Solid staff reacted very positively. That’s a travel trip: if the employees of a Costa Rica owned car rental agency are all saying how cool your hotel owner is and that It is a nice property then you have picked a winner.
- This was a great place to stay for our first night in Costa Rica. Margaret was very helpful, and went the extra mile to make sure we were comfortable. She was also very helpful in providing useful information for the rest of our trip. Breakfast in the morning was great as well!
Hotel Rancha Azul
Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the mountains, Hotel Rancha Azul is located in Alajuela in the region of Alajuela, just 14 miles from San José. Free private parking is available on site.Some units feature a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms have views of the garden or city. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower. A flat-screen TV with cable channels is provided.You will find free shuttle service at the property.The bed and breakfast also provides car rental. Escazú is 11 miles from Hotel Rancha Azul, and Heredia is 10 miles away. Juan Santamaría International Airport is 4.3 miles from the property.
- Hotel Rancha Azul is in Alajuela very close to Juan Santa Maria Airport. We stayed one night and it was wonderful. Doris is the owner and she went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable. First of all she waited up for us since our plane got in at midnight and she paid for our taxi ride from the airport. In the morning she made us homemade breakfast and taught us about Costa rica and even took care of calling us a taxi to get to our next destination. She is an amazing host and very accommodating. It felt like staying at a friend’s house! It was very affordable and the view is breathtaking.
- Doris is an amazing host! She woke up at 3:30am to let us into our room after our flight was delayed 6 hours. The next morning, she cooked us a delicious Costa Rican breakfast where we got to enjoy the gorgeous view from her breakfast patio.
- The host was very nice and welcoming and breakfast was delicious
- Wonderful family! Doris and her daughter were so welcoming and really looked after us! Also handy for airport and great food!
- The breakfast was amazing: the eggs tasted fresh and the view was beaucoup.
Ruta Verde House
Located in Tambor in the region of Alajuela, 13 miles from San José, Ruta Verde House features a sun terrace and views of the mountains. Free private parking is available on site.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Some rooms feature a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. The rooms are equipped with a private bathroom fitted with a shower.You will find a tour desk at the property.The bed and breakfast also provides bike rental and car rental. Alajuela is 2.5 miles from Ruta Verde House, and Escazú is 11 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Juan Santamaría International Airport, 3.7 miles from Ruta Verde House.
- good price for the size of the room and not far away from the Airport.
- Great host, fancy bedroom, we really appreciate to have diner in the Patio. The dinner was excellent don’t forget to book it!
- The room is super big, comfortable and has a great view over the city. In the room you find a coffee machine, a spacious bathroom and the bed is cosy. A shuttle for 16 $ to the airport is offered. José and his son are very friendly and welcoming people, thank you!
- Our host was incredibly accommodating. Of my group of friends, my flight got in late and William contacted me to make sure everything was okay, let us into the property, show us around, and helped us figure out where we could eat late. Breakfast on the patio was delightful and the whole experience set the tone for a wonderful trip.
- Very friendly and helpful and spoke very good english.. picked us up from the airport and took us to the store before arriving at the facility
Top Bed And Breakfasts In Don Matías Alajuela Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best bed and breakfasts to stay in Don Matías Alajuela to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best bed and breakfast because there are just so many places to stay in Don Matías Alajuela but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best bed and breakfasts in Don Matías Alajuela. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!