10 Best Bed And Breakfasts To Stay In Arenal Guanacaste – Top Hotel Reviews
Arenal Guanacaste is beautiful and has lots of bed and breakfasts. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best bed and breakfasts in Arenal Guanacaste. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Arenal Guanacaste. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Arenal Guanacaste. To see which bed and breakfast sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best bed and breakfast and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 bed and breakfasts of which we think are the best bed and breakfasts in Arenal Guanacaste right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular bed and breakfasts in Arenal Guanacaste with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Bed And Breakfasts In Arenal Guanacaste:
Chalet Nicholas Bed & Breakfast
Located in Nuevo Arenal in the region of Guanacaste, 18 miles from Fortuna, Chalet Nicholas Bed & Breakfast features a sun terrace and views of the mountains. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room has a private bathroom.There is a shared lounge at the property.Monte Verde is 19 miles from Chalet Nicholas Bed & Breakfast, and Santa Elena is 17 miles from the property. Liberia Airport is 43 miles away.
- We found the hosts very knowledgeable and accommodating to our needs. The location is very convenient and only few minutes away from the town of Nuevo Arenal and about an hour from the Arenal volcano. The property grounds are beautiful and create very peaceful atmosphere. The room was comfortable and has everything you need with a separate bathroom. The breakfast was outstanding.
- Cathy and John are wonderful hosts. They clearly enjoy sharing the beauty of Costa Rica and the Arenal area with their guests. And their guests are interesting people as well – we went out to dinner with another couple from the B&B and had a great time swapping stories on travels. I would say there were two highlights to the stay – conversations with Cathy and John, and feeding little bananas to the tropical birds every morning.
The hosts were very welcoming and informative.
The grounds are gorgeous!! Flowers everywhere!
Best of all, we loved the birds that come to the feeder throughout the day! They were one of the highlights of our trip!
- very nice stay in Chalet Nicholas, John and Cathy are so nice! I recommend! breakfast is awesome!
- Loved the amazing views, being surrounded by nature, and the wonderful staff and hosts at the hotel.
Casa Donna Rosa B&B
Located in Nuevo Arenal in the region of Guanacaste, 17 miles from Fortuna, Casa Donna Rosa B&B features a sun terrace and views of the mountains. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Certain units feature a private bathroom with a spa tub, and others have free toiletries and a hairdryer. Certain accommodations have a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms include views of the lake or pool. A flat-screen TV with cable channels and Blu-ray player is featured.Monte Verde is 18 miles from Casa Donna Rosa B&B, and Santa Elena is 16 miles away. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 44 miles from Casa Donna Rosa B&B.
No reviews yet.
Lucky Bug Bed And Breakfast
Lucky Bug Bed And Breakfast is located in Nuevo Arenal, 18 miles from Fortuna and 19 miles from Monte Verde. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.Some units feature a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms include views of the lake or garden. The rooms come with a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower.You will find ticket service at the property.A variety of activities are available in the area, such as fishing and canoeing. The bed and breakfast also provides car rental. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 43 miles from Lucky Bug Bed And Breakfast.
- The couple who run the hotel go above and beyond to take care of their guests and the local fauna.
- Huge, beautiful rooms – clean, comfortable and absolutely charming. It is a short walk to the restaurant down the driveway lined with plants and gorgeous tropical flowers. There were all kinds of birds and wildlife to be seen and heard sitting on the deck of the restaurant overlooking a small pond. And the breakfast! Delicious. The shop beside the restaurant is a treasure trove of handmade crafts that are used to decorate the property. Monika and Rob were very friendly and helpful. Thanks for a wonderful experience!
- This is a little slice of heaven away from the crowds. We sat on the balcony and watched toucans eat from the mango tree. Lots of other birds and butterflies. Lovely breakfast. The gift shop has cool original art. The proprietors are warm and friendly.
- This bed and breakfast was creatively decorated with interesting art and small touches such as handmade soap wrapped in a banana leaf that made it feel special. The property was amazing ~ on a private lake with lush gardens everywhere. The breakfast was outdoors overlooking the lake with many birds visible. The couple who own this place were extremely helpful about what to do and where to eat. Monica has a passion for butterflies and created a butterfly habitat that guests are allowed to visit. Howler monkeys could be heard each morning. It was a wonderfully unique experience.
- Beautiful setting, gardens, lagoon and grounds. Room was clean and nice with small balcony overlooking lagoon. Attractive artwork and furniture. Proprietor couple very friendly. Graciously upgraded my room as property was not very full at time of my stay. Recommend if looking for a quiet day or two in Nuevo Arenal area.
One of our best sellers in Nuevo Arenal! Located in Nuevo Arenal, 16 miles from Fortuna, Heliconia Hall features free WiFi access and free private parking.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Some accommodations have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms include views of the mountains or lake. All rooms have a private bathroom fitted with a bathtub or shower. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Monte Verde is 17 miles from Heliconia Hall, and Santa Elena is 16 miles from the property. Liberia Airport is 45 miles away.
Bill,the owner was very nice and available for questions ,etc. The room and the rest of the property were fantastic. The whole place is like a work of art.
The room/suite had eveything for a very comfortable stay.
- The hospitality of the owner and the amazing overview of the lake.
- The owner is such a sweet man- offering a lot of insight to the area and help to any questions we had. He made us delicious breakfasts that one morning even included fresh jam made from lemons on the property. The views are to die for and the room has anything you could need or want to cook for yourself or just relax and watch netflix. We felt like we were staying with family.
- Bill was a gracious, friendly, and attentive host, with many tips and suggestions about where to go and what to do. The setting is quiet and private, a kilometer or so out of Nuevo Arenal. The view from the porch is amazing, and we spent mornings drinking coffee, watching birds, and viewing Lake Arenal. This was an awesome place to stay!
- Heliconia Hall is just an amazing villa with fantastic lake Arenal view. The host, Bill was very welcome and friendly
- Bill,the owner was very nice and available for questions ,etc. The room and the rest of the property were fantastic. The whole place is like a work of art.
Gingerbread Restaurant & Hotel
Featuring free WiFi and a restaurant, Gingerbread Restaurant & Hotel offers pet-friendly accommodations in Nuevo Arenal. The bed and breakfast has a terrace and views of the lake, and guests can enjoy a drink at the bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some units have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. A balcony or patio are featured in certain rooms. Every room has a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower.There is a shared lounge at the property.Fortuna is 16 miles from Gingerbread Restaurant & Hotel, and Monte Verde is 17 miles from the property. Liberia Airport is 45 miles away.
- The owner was very personable and an excellent chef, we didn’t have one meal that wasn’t fantastic. The staff were very friendly and efficient, and they all worked well together. This hotel is well positioned just to the east of Nuevo Arenal with easy access to most tourist activities in the area.
- Great location to explore Arenal and then get back to MonteVerde.
- This place is a gem. It is a bit remote and having a car is an important asset if you plan to stay here. We had a great room with a lake view from the balcony, but the real heart of this place is the restaurant and lounge. Our dinner and breakfast the next day were to two best meals we had during our 10 day stay in Costa Rica. The owner, Eyal, is a delight. Not only for his work in the kitchen, but just an great person to have a conversation with about virtually any subject. We went out of our way to stay here on the recommendation of a friend and it was definitely worth the detour.
- Food in the restaurant was outstanding. They even packed up our leftovers to eat while we continued traveling
- The hotel and restaurant are amazing, especially Eyal Very sociable person and an amazing personality
Featuring free WiFi, a restaurant and a terrace, Monte Terras offers accommodations in Tronadora. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Some rooms have a sitting area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms feature views of the mountains or garden. Every room includes a private bathroom.There is room service at the property.There are lots of activities in the area, such as biking and hiking. The bed and breakfast also provides bike rental. Fortuna is 19 miles from Monte Terras, and Monte Verde is 16 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 42 miles from the property.
- They prepared a typical Costa Rican breakfast for us. Yummy! Everything was thought of including extra towels.
Amazing view, cabins are big, bed quality is very good, it was very clean, and Kase the owner war very nice to us.
- Great hospitality by the owner, very comfy room and bed, very clean, great breakfast, nearby restaurant and ambiance of a small town. This is a very convenient location to explore the Arenal area.
- Nice place, better people!! We had a confortable short stay!
- It was a nice secluded place with awesome pancakes.
Hostel La Tejona/LagoArenal
Featuring free WiFi and a sun terrace, Hostel La Tejona/LagoArenal offers pet-friendly accommodations in Tilarán. Free private parking is available on site.Certain rooms have a sitting area for your convenience. A terrace or patio are featured in certain rooms. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is available.You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property.Fortuna is 21 miles from Hostel La Tejona/LagoArenal, and Monte Verde is 16 miles from the property. The nearest airport is Liberia Airport, 40 miles from the property.
No reviews yet.
Erupciones Inn B & B
Erupciones Inn B & B is located in Fortuna, just 16 miles from Monte Verde. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.Each room is equipped with a TV. Some accommodations feature a sitting area where you can relax. A terrace or balcony are featured in certain rooms. Each room includes a private bathroom.There is a tour desk at the property.Juan Santamaría International Airport is 48 miles from the property.
- Brett was very friendly and informative. Great first impression of the stay!
- Staff was very accommodating and easy to communicate with. Amazing view of the volcano outside your window, lots of animals on the property. Very cool place!
- Nestled in among the many hot springs and hotels between La Fortuna and Arenal Volcano, Erupciones Inn has two banks of duplex cabins tucked away from the road on the flanks of the volcano. Between our patio and the volcano itself is nothing but a grassy field with cows and the perfect Arenal cone gleaming in the morning light. We have a pocket patio with table and chairs overlooking this scene, fresh with breezes and birdsong. A rufous motmot (spectacular exotic bird greeted us at check-in. Alberto, the one English-speaking staff member and future guide, is immensely helpful in planning our stay, hikes and hot springs in the area.
- Staff here are so friendly, kind and welcoming. The free breakfast is good. The room was large and airy. The shower was nice and hot. The T.V worked well. The view is AMAZING! You can walk to the free hot springs from the property. Good value for money in an area full of expensive 5* hotels!
- Great location for a view of the volcano when it’s not cloudy, we were there in rainy season. Large rooms and large bathroom. Breakfast was included which made this a great value as we were a family of 4.
The Hummingbird Nest is property set in the mountain area of the Arenal Volcano outside the city of Fortuna, less than 1,000 feet from the Arenal Lake riverbank. It offers full breakfast for free and panoramic views of the Arenal Volcano.The rooms at this bed and breakfast have plenty of natural light and feature a fan and a private bathroom with a hot-water shower. All units offer panoramic views of the lush gardens.The Hummingbird Nest has an equipped kitchen guests can use prior request. Within walking distance, guests will find 4 different restaurants where local and international dishes are served.The property also has a hot tub and promotes activities like horseback riding, fishing, hiking and bird watching.Arenal Volcano National Park and the Lake are 20 minutes’ drive from the property, while the zoo and Conservatory Lodge are 5 minutes’ drive away. The Sky Trek is 10 minutes’ drive away.
- Nice concierge (and his family), good location within el Castillo, beautiful garden
Nice place in particular because we were alone and could use all terraces. Very nice garden.
Nice view even if since the volcano is not active it becomes less expectacular.
- El lugar y las vistas son espectaculares. Merece la pena el camino a recorrer. Aun así, cuando has conseguido llegar al sitio, te sorprende la colina que hay que ascender caminando.
Vista bonita al Volcán Arenal. Jardín muy bonito. La habitación era comoda y limpia. Mesa de Mamá, unos 40 m abajo de la entrada al hostel, es un buen lugar para comer.
Nice view to the Volcán Arenal. Beautiful garden. Nice and clean room. Restaurant Mesa de Mamá just 40 m down from the entrance to B&B is a recommended place to eat.
- Het ontbijt was geweldig. Veel variatie en prima klaargemaakt. Aardige mensen.
Cabina Las Orquideas
Featuring free WiFi and a terrace, Cabina Las Orquideas offers accommodations in El Castillo de La Fortuna, just 2.8 miles from Arenal Volcano National Park. Free private parking is available on site.Every room has a private bathroom.There is a 24-hour front desk at the property.Juan Santamaría International Airport is 47 miles away.
- Such a cute hotel with a beautiful room. The family running the hotel were so nice and welcoming! The room was clean with a small kitchenette. Located in el castillo which is a small town close to arenal. (Not in the main area, but we liked to be outside of the noise). Great stay
- Sink area had cutting board and knives for us to cut up our fruit that we purchased. Mini fridge was very useful for keeping our food and drinks cold. Our 355 mL water bottles were semi-frozen from the small freezer compartment! Take a quick walk across the street to Restaurante Fusión, for a scenic view of the lake and Volcan Arenal. Ceiling fan was nice. Showers had hot water. Bug free room. Close to the Butterfly Conservatory! Allowed extra hour for late checkout. Highly recommend this friendly establishment! Laundry service is available. Free WiFi.
- La gentillesse des hôtes qui nous ont aidées à réserver des navettes vers le parc, proximité du jardin des papillons (très beau), vue sur la nature
- Petite maisonnette très spacieuse et bien équipée dans un village très tranquille à 15mn en voiture de l’entrée du parc.
- Es toda una casita privada con terraza y unas vistas increíbles al volcán tal lago, el wifi funciona muy bien, tiene parking privado gratuito en la misma entrada. Es muy tranquilo y los dueños son encantadores ( tuvimos un problema con el coche y no dudaron en ayudarnos en todo lo q pudieron)
Top Bed And Breakfasts In Arenal Guanacaste Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best bed and breakfasts to stay in Arenal Guanacaste to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best bed and breakfast because there are just so many places to stay in Arenal Guanacaste but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best bed and breakfasts in Arenal Guanacaste. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!