10 Best Bed And Breakfasts To Stay In Aberangell Powys – Top Hotel Reviews
Aberangell Powys is beautiful and has lots of bed and breakfasts. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best bed and breakfasts in Aberangell Powys. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Aberangell Powys. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Aberangell Powys. To see which bed and breakfast sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best bed and breakfast and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 bed and breakfasts of which we think are the best bed and breakfasts in Aberangell Powys right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular bed and breakfasts in Aberangell Powys with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Bed And Breakfasts In Aberangell Powys:
The Firecat Country House B&B
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, The Firecat Country House B&B offers accommodations in Mallwyd. Guests can enjoy the on-site restaurant. Free private parking is available on site.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. Some units have a sitting area where you can relax. Certain rooms include views of the mountains or river. The rooms come with a private bathroom fitted with a shower. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes, free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.Aberystwyth is 25 miles from The Firecat Country House , and Betws-y-coed is 28 miles from the property.
- Delicious home cooked breakfast! Bed super comfy. Fire downstairs was lovely
- Perfect little get away! Would definitely recommend! 🙂
The warm friendly welcome and attention.
The really excellent food, both for evening meal and breakfast.
The quality of the room and the facilities.
The lounge with log burner.
- Robin and Jane were the perfect hosts! We found everything to be fantastic! From the tea and cake we received on arrival to the thoughtful breakfast arrangements this was a wonderful little gem.
- You could not ask for better hospitality, I travel round and use a lot of accommodation through work etc and I can safely say the friendliness , cleanliness and sheer beauty of this place is a real credit to the lovely owners. Lovely hospitality, lovely place love it .
Plas Gwyn B&B and Holiday Cottage
Plas Gwyn B&B and Holiday Cottage offers accommodations in Dolgellau. Free WiFi is available throughout the property and free private parking is available on site.A flat-screen TVwith cable channels, as well as an iPod docking station are featured. Certain rooms include a sitting area where you can relax.You will find luggage storage space at the property.Aberystwyth is 24 miles from Plas Gwyn B&B & Cottage, and Betws-y-coed is 24 miles from the property.
- The owners were extremely friendly and helpful, I had forgotten to take a torch with me for walking back late at night they lent one was appreciated
- The food was delicious the bed was very comfortable
- Comfortable room and an excellent breakfast with home made yoghurt, marmalade and jam.
- Comfort, Staff service and kindness, lovely town, lovely cottage.
Jan was very welcoming and was very accommodating to our late arrival. Fresh baked bread and homemade fudge was a lovely touch.
Great location in a lovely town!!!
Bwch yn Uchaf
Bwch yn Uchaf is located in Llanuwchllyn, just 31 miles from Wrexham.Each room comes with a flat-screen TV with satellite channels. All rooms have a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub or shower. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Betws-y-coed is 17 miles from Bwch yn Uchaf, and Llangollen is 22 miles from the property. Liverpool John Lennon Airport is 47 miles away.
Comfortable room and very clean. Bathroom was modern
Staff was really friendly and good breakfast
- The hosts were amazing and the room was extremely clean. The bed was insanely comfortable.
- Loved everything about this B&B. The owners were really welcoming and friendly. Room was really nice and finished to a high standard. Comfortable bed, good quality bedding, towels etc. No kettle in room but there’s a lovely guest lounge with free tea, coffee, biscuits etc. Breakfast was delicious and we didn’t need lunch. And the steam train is on the doorstep. Local pub was also very welcoming and serves good pub grub (owned by the same family)
- Great customer experience. Breakfast was very generous! Owners were very accommodating if you needed anything or visitor suggestions.
very good breakfast, access in the lounge to quality coffees and choices of teas and infusions. Quality shower, quality shower products. Very comfortable bed.
Local pub with quality food resourced from local farms not lot of choice but cheap and very good quality. Ample choice of desserts.
- Comfortable room and very clean. Bathroom was modern
Tyddyn Mawr Farmhouse
Tyddyn Mawr Farmhouse offers accommodations in Dolgellau. Free WiFi is available and free private parking is available on site.Every room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Certain units feature a sitting area where you can relax. Enjoy a cup of tea while looking out at the mountains or garden. Every room has a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Aberystwyth is 22 miles from Tyddyn Mawr Farmhouse, and Betws-y-coed is 26 miles away.
- The view was amazing, bed was really comfy and the host couldn’t do enough for us. Her local knowledge was outstanding and helpful in choosing a restaurant for dinner. The breakfast was sublime, all locally sourced and the homemade gooseberry jam was the best I’ve ever had! Thank you.
- Everything was wonderful, from the location and stunning view, to our welcoming host. The breakfast was exceptional.
- Excellent host. Wanted for nothing. Will return. Thank you.
- Food excellent ,plenty of verity. Accommodation excellent.
- The owner Olwen was fantastic , the breakfast was the best I’ve had with so much attention to detail ,
Tan y Gader
Tan y Gader is located in Dolgellau, just 24 miles from Aberystwyth.The rooms come with a flat-screen TV and DVD player. Certain units include a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.There is a shared lounge at the property.The bed and breakfast also provides bike rental. Betws-y-coed is 25 miles from Tan y Gader, and Bala is 17 miles away.
- Jayne & Mark were so welcoming, making delicious dairy free treats to suit my dietary requirements. The room was perfect, the bed was really comfy and the breakfast was just wonderful! A fantastic homely place to stay; one which I will definitely be visiting again.
- Brilliant imaginative and original decor. Very cosy and comfy. Hosts Mark and Jayne super friendly and helpful. Delicious breakfast. Lots of information provided as well as DVDs, books and board games. Couldn’t ask for more. Great stay
- Jayne and Mark are exceptional hosts, a warm welcome – tea and cakes given on arrival, homemade shortbread left in our room. More homemade cake throughout the week!! Just AMAZING. The breakfast was out of this world. Loved every minute.
- Loved the eclectic style of Tan-y-Gader, so beautifully put together. Arrived to tea with delicious cake, warm from the oven, served in the cozy lounge. Bedroom very comfortable with a super bathroom, lovely tub for a soak. Jayne helped us booking a table for dinner at one of the pubs in town. Both days started with a fantastic tasty breakfast. I’d have loved to stay for a week!!
- Jayne and Mark was absolutely brilliant. Our stay was like in the dream. Every room perfectly decorated and clean. Breakfast was incredible. Service like in 5 star restaurant. Perfect choice for couples. Very quiet location. Perfect choice for relaxing. Lovely place ?
One of our best sellers in Dolgellau! Ty Seren is located in Dolgellau, just 24 miles from Aberystwyth. Free private parking is available on site.Each room includes a TV. You will find a kettle in the room. Every room comes with a private bathroom.There is luggage storage space at the property.Betws-y-coed is 24 miles from Ty Seren, and Bala is 17 miles away.
- Friendly welcome. Excellent breakfast. Comfortable room (except for cramped en suite). Good location in the centre of the town, close to restaurants.
- Nick and Sharon lovely hosts, the breakfast was spot on!
- This property was amasing, it was a beautiful old house. The room was great and there was a fire in the breakfast room. The owners were so lovely. They were so helpful and have me recomendations for things to do in the area. I would highly recomend a visit here. The property is in a georgous part of Wales and so many walks to explore the area.
- Great central location in Dolgellau WITH parking. Lovely breakfast room with a wonderful, welcoming and cosy fire. Very comfortable bed. All good.
- The hotel hosts couldn’t have been nicer and went out of their way to make us and our 18 month old welcome. They made lots of effort to make sure we were comfortable and our little one had what we needed. A very warm welcome, wonderful quirky room with lots of history and very comfortable and a fabulous breakfast!
The Old Rectory on the lake
Featuring free WiFi throughout, the award-winning Old Rectory on the lake sits on the banks of Tal-y-llyn, and offers lake and mountain views. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar. Free private parking is available on site.Each room has a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a radio and kettle. A hairdryer and toiletries are also provided. There are two double rooms on the upper floor which feature an en-suite bathroom with a Victorian free-standing bath. The ground floor double room has an en-suite with walk-in shower.There is also a self contained studio apartment available next door to the Old Rectory. The studio has a double and single bed, a kitchen area and wet room.Guests can enjoy evening meals in the Orangery which overlooks the lake. Ingredients are locally sourced, and the restaurant is open Thursday – Sunday.You can engage in various local activities, such as fishing and hiking.The property can be reached via the A487 road which is just 2.5 miles from the property.
- The location is probably an obvious response, but WOW! We felt welcome from beginning to end. Excellent breakfasts and very comfortable rooms. A shame we missed out on the dinners, but were pointed in the right direction for alternatives. Some great tips for places to visit in the area, that we did not know about previously. Thanks very much for your kind hospitality!
- John was a very polite and pleasant man… accommodation was excellent and the location is amazing…. secluded and beautiful.
- Fantastic stay, couldn’t do enough for us. I was very well catered for as a vegan. Beautiful location. Comfy and clean rooms.
The bed was unbelievably comfortable, clean fresh sheets. After a LONGGG drive it was lovely to freshen up in the MASSIVE bathroom then come down for dinner. We had the three course meal with a bottle of wine, I cannot fault the food absolutely lovely, highly recommend the garlic mushrooms, welsh lamb and lemon tart! Good sized portions, could not finish everything sadly! After the meal we were so drained from the drive, so we laid in bed watching TV. Loads of channels to choose from.
Highly recommend the room overlooking the lake, every morning we laid in bed just looking out the window… bliss!
After a full say of driving around the GB Wales Rally we parked up and went for a walk around the lake, the weather wasn’t so great being the end of October but was still beautiful views. When we came back I had a bath in the freestanding bath tub and relaxed.
Breakfast every morning was beautiful! I chose the Eggs royale but there was also Eggs benedict, full breakfast, cereal etc.
- John and Ricky were excellent hosts, from the moment we arrived until we left they were very attentive. Ricky the breakfast was to die for, one of the beat
One of our best sellers in Barmouth! This property is 2 minutes walk from the beach. Showcasing a sun terrace and views of the sea, Oceandrive is located in Barmouth in the region of Gwynedd, just 21 miles from Aberystwyth.The rooms are equipped with a flat-screen TV. Certain rooms have a sitting area for your convenience. You will find a kettle in the room. For your comfort, you will find free toiletries and a hairdryer.You will find luggage storage space at the property.Betws-y-coed is 28 miles from Oceandrive, and Bala is 23 miles from the property.
- Breakfasts were most excellent. Very friendly and welcoming hosts. Great location, a few minutes walk from the centre of the town.
- I am a Coeliac and Sarah even baked a Gluten free Cake …. wonderful. Breakfast excellent. Could not fault anything Well done to you Both and I hope to see you soon. Thankyou
- AWESOME !! The breakfasts at this B & B are the best you will find anywhere. Also, there are lots of nice little extra touches in the room, like sachets of hot chocolate and fresh milk. The owners are super friendly and helpful. We LOVED it.
- Friendly hospitality. Free filling of flask. Very good picnic.
Spotless clean, great location with fantastic sea view. Amazing couple running the hotel, you can see they are passionate about what they are doing.
Little but important details throughout from the moment of arrival to make you feel very welcome. From fresh fruit to pick anytime to complementary sleepers. In the middle you will find fresh milk for your tea or coffee good quality hand wash, shower gel, shampoo and conditioner.
I wish I could stay longer.
Thank you Sarah and Glen!!
Hendafarn is located in Pennant, just 22 miles from Aberystwyth. Free private parking is available on site.Each room is fitted with a flat-screen TV. Enjoy a cup of tea while looking out at the river or garden. Extras include free toiletries and a hairdryer.Bala is 22 miles from Hendafarn, and Barmouth is 20 miles from the property.
- Great place to stay in the middle of Wales. A charming old-school house but with tastefully integrated modern amenities. The host was also very friendly, giving good recommendations. Breakfast was excellent as well.
- Lovely owners and a delicious breakfast! We would definitely go back.
- Amazing little cottage near the river, exposed beams and super comfy beds. Bathroom spacious and breakfast outstanding. Very nice friendly hosts,made us feel very welcomed and the kitchen /dining area was superb! Would definitely recommend
- Really friendly couple and couldn’t do enough to make our stay more welcoming.
- The room and ensuite bathroom were wonderfully characterful, clean and spacious. The owners are friendly and the breakfast was good. The picturesque cottage is located right next to a stream just across a bridge. I would highly recommend staying here.
Dolffanog Fach is located in Tal-y-llyn, 20 miles from Aberystwyth and 29 miles from Betws-y-coed. Free private parking is available on site.Each room has a flat-screen TV. Some units include a sitting area where you can relax. Views of the mountains, lake or garden are featured in certain rooms. Each room is fitted with a private bathroom. For your comfort, you will find bathrobes and free toiletries.You will find a shared lounge at the property.Bala is 20 miles from Dolffanog Fach, and Barmouth is 8 miles away.
- I immediately liked the owners. A relaxed, positive, interested approach throughout made me feel very confident and comfortable to stay. There were so many nice touches and demonstrations of kindness or the ‘extra mile’ that I will probably judge future stays by their level of service. The house is warm and clean, rustic too but not in a shambling way, it’s slate and brick and wood, with hard wearing carpets. The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom a bit tight, but with heaps of hot water and those ‘extras’. And breakfast, well, it was ace. Probably also cooked by Simon ?
- Liz and Simon were absolutely great. They catered to my Vegan diet and we had the best stay with them. Beautiful setting/scenery around the hotel and a postbox just at the front of the property. Fresh flowers and welsh cakes in our rooms and the attention to detail was perfect for a couples weekend away. Nothing was to much to ask and we had the best time and will be staying again in the summer months.
- Very good and peaceful location. The owners are lovely and very helpful.
- Extremely kind staff willing to give advice on the area and allow us to do check in at 11 pm (out of check in hours). Fantastic breakfast. Very comfortable bed. Beautiful views from the room.
From the moment we arrived we felt extremely welcomed. Liz & Si were so hospitable, spoilt our pooch – Tyson and made him feel comfortable & welcomed too!! Great place to take dogs even down to the dog treats left in our room. Our treats were delicious too.
A beautifully and well thought out B&B, a unique treat in gorgeous surroundings & in good driving distance to Snowdon.
Thank you Si for the early morning 6am breakfast & packed lunch so we could climb Snowdon.
Liz your evening meals were superb, what a great cook you are!!
Thank you again for such a relaxing stay, we will be back.
Recommend staying in Carroll Room.
Top Bed And Breakfasts In Aberangell Powys Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best bed and breakfasts to stay in Aberangell Powys to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best bed and breakfast because there are just so many places to stay in Aberangell Powys but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best bed and breakfasts in Aberangell Powys. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!