10 Best Apartments To Stay In Santillana del Mar Cantabria – Top Hotel Reviews
Santillana del Mar Cantabria is beautiful and has lots of apartments. Ofcourse we are only looking for the best apartments in Santillana del Mar Cantabria. It’s important to compare them because there are so many places to stay in Santillana del Mar Cantabria. You’re probably wondering where to stay in Santillana del Mar Cantabria. To see which apartment sounds better than the other, we created a top 10 list. The list will make it a lot easier for you to make a great decision. We know you only want the best apartment and preferably something with a reasonable price.
Our list contains 10 apartments of which we think are the best apartments in Santillana del Mar Cantabria right now. Still, some of you are more interested in the most popular apartments in Santillana del Mar Cantabria with the best reviews, and that’s completely normal! You can check out the link below.
10 Best Apartments In Santillana Del Mar Cantabria:
Apartamentos Santillana del Mar
Each Santillana del Mar apartment has a private garden and a balcony with countryside views. Situated in Santillana del Mar, the villas are a 15-minute walk from the Altamira Caves.Built in a traditional Cantabrian style, Apartamentos Santillana del Mar have simple, elegant décor. They have 2 bathrooms and a living-dining area with TV and a sofa. The modern kitchens include a ceramic hob, microwave and washing machine.Apartamentos Santillana del Mar are just 650 feet from the historic centre of Santillana del Mar. Ubiarco Beach and the A8 Motorway can both be reached within a 10-minute drive. Each villa comes with a private parking space.
Thanks to attendant appearing on site, my check-in was super easy. This was probably special operation I suppose. Because I told host I was afraid of check-in problem before several days.
Rustic and moden interior.
- The apartment was clean and comfortable and in an easy walking location to everything in town. Our host was easily contactable and her English was great.
- Centrally located and a short drive to the town and attractions
- The location was central to visit many places of interest with beautiful beaches. Touring the mountain areas was of interest.
- Ideally situated very close to the fabulous medieval village of Santillana Del Mar and close to motorway links to Santander, Bilbao and other northern sightseeing. Two minutes walk into the centre. Free parking which saves on expensive local parking. Basic, clean and compact accommodation, comfy but squeaky beds and premium bedding. Nice garden area with shaded seating area.
- Thanks to attendant appearing on site, my check-in was super easy. This was probably special operation I suppose. Because I told host I was afraid of check-in problem before several days.
Apartamentos Los Hidalgos
The apartments are located 650 feet from the centre of the picturesque Cantabrian coastal town Santillana del Mar, a historical town with many places of interest to visit.The fully-equipped, rural apartments are located in beautiful natural surroundings. The Hidalgos are ideal for families or groups of friends who enjoy a relaxed holiday away from the hustle and bustle of more popular tourist destinations.The homely apartments are within walking distance to all the attractions which the historical and culturally rich town has to offer. Surrounded by gardens and just a stone’s throw away from the park, you can enjoy the lush countryside combined with the beach.Santillana del Mar is a medieval town, where there are many places of interest to visit, such as the historical Altamira caves, the old town, the zoo and a large number of historical buildings.
- Everything was so easy and the apartment fit our expectations very well. We were there with our 2kids
- Very nice simple apartment with garden. Easy to find and nice fixtures. Location is perfect for walking to town, very close to market and historic town. Great place for families. Pony rides for kids are across the street. Big town playground a block way. We came here to visit Altamira, which was very close. We wanted to extend, but it was all booked. I can see why!
- Good value, friendly staff, apartment clean and comfortable.
- Nice old building, very roomy with nice grounds and easy to get to.
- Super friendly staff, adorable apartment, very clean, right around corner from everything in SdM
Featuring free WiFi, Apartamentos Tarrio offers accommodations in Santillana del Mar. Santander is 16 miles from the property.All units have a flat-screen TV. Some units include a dining area and/or balcony. Some units also have a kitchen, equipped with a toaster and fridge. Bed linen are provided.Potes is 30 miles from Apartamentos Tarrio. The nearest airport is Santander Airport, 15 miles from Apartamentos Tarrio.
- Bien situado, un jardín en el que te dan ganas de pasar allí la estancia, cómodo, el gerente muy atento y amable, no te falta de nada, y el sitio es precioso
- LA AMPLITUD DE LA HABITACION PRINCIPAL Y LA COCINA UNIDA CON COMEDOR.
- Todo estaba super limpio y no faltaba detalle. Habia una estufa pequeña que para baño con niños viene genial. Tenia plancha… ubicación del pueblo perfecta. Además justo puerta ya no era zona azul.
Très bon emplacement notamment pour les familles, possibilité de se garer devant vu sur le parc à jeu, proche vieille ville, commerces, zoo..
Appartement spacieux, bien équipé et propre !
- Todo perfecto, nos sentimos como en casa, no falta detalle, lo recomiendo.
Apartamentos Ciudad de Petra
Offering an outdoor swimming pool, Apartamentos Ciudad de Petra is located in Santillana del Mar, just 6 minutes’ drive from prehistoric Altamira Caves. The property also has free wired internet access.The stylish apartment has a living room featuring a sofa bed and a flat-screen TV, as well as a dining table. Ciudad de Petra also offers a private terrace while the private bathroom includes a shower. There is also either a kitchen or a kitchenette with a microwave and a stove.A wide range of bars and restaurants can be found in Santillana del Mar town centre, 10 minutes’ walk from the apartment. Guests can also relax in the shared chill area on the pool lounge.Torrelavega town centre is 4.3 miles from the apartment and Santander city centre is 30 minutes’ drive away.
Excellent location and helpful owners. We’d walked all day so appreciated the wonderful pool – it was a hot day!
The apartment was very clean and well appointed and very close to Santillana itself. Easy walk into town, and nice not to be always too close to the crowds.
- The location is very good as it’s near to the historical town centre. You can use it as your base move around. Restaurants, like “El Pasaje de los Nobles” or “La Villa”, are very good.
- location was brilliant – really close walk into Santillana del Mer.
- Nice appartment on walking distance to lovely Santillana del Mar with own parking. The garden with two swimming pools (of which one for small children) is fantastic, and gives a luxury feeling. The kitchen is OK and you can make a meal (handy for Northern Europeans with kids). Two zoos, Alta Mira and beaches are easily accessible with a short drive.
- La ubicación, lo acogedor y buen gusto en decoración. La salida al jardin y piscina desde el mismo apartamento y como no, la simpatia y amabilidad de los anfitriones. Muy recomendable
- Excellent location and helpful owners. We’d walked all day so appreciated the wonderful pool – it was a hot day!
La Casa Solariega
One of our best sellers in Santillana del Mar! Free Wi-Fi and well-equipped apartments are on offer in La Casa Solariega, an attractive country house located in the medieval village of Santillana del Mar. All accommodation overlooks its gardens.Each of the apartments at La Casa features traditional Spanish décor with wooden furnishings. All apartments have a living room with a TV and dining area. There is also a kitchenette with a microwave, oven and fridge.The area surrounding Santillana is ideal for hiking and the famous Altamira Caves are less than 0.6 miles from the Solariega. The beaches at Suances and Trasierra can be reached in 20 minutes, by car.
- La Casa Solageria is located in a beautiful medieval village, the Altamira caves are just around and lovely creeks may be reached in 10 minutes by car. The accomodation has useful household appliances such as washer and dishwasher.
- Particularly well appointed accommodation,5 mins from centre of Santilliana Del Mar,charming proprietor..
- La tranquilidad y el paisaje además de la limpieza y los colchones y ropa de cama. Cómo en casa!
- La limpieza y el equipamiento era excelente. Acceso comodo. Teníamos total intimidad.
- Estaba muy limpio. la calefacción genial.el sitio muy bonito y céntrico.el parquun para coche muy bien.
Apartamentos LLave de Santillana
One of our best sellers in Santillana del Mar! Apartamentos LLave de Santillana is a self-catering accommodation located in Santillana del Mar. It offers apartments with a TV.The apartments are set in a charming historic building. There is a full kitchen with a microwave and an oven. Featuring a shower, the bathroom also comes with a hairdryer and free toiletries.There are various shops, bars and restaurants within a short walk in Santillana. You can drive to the coast in around 15 minutes.
Carolina was waiting for us on arrival and it was a great help parking the car so close.The property had everthing you could wish for and was very clean.Our dog was made welcome and we appd the ground floor which also had a small terrace.
It was only a short walk into the village which is lovely.
- Place was sweet. Brand new. Beds very comfy, and the owner was delightful, thoughtful, trying very hard to provide the best service.
- Nos ha encantado la bienvenida que nos hicieron, con dulces típicos y una amplia información sobre lo mejor para visitar la zona, también por escrito. Nos permitieron entrar antes de la hora y el último día salir después de la hora del check out ya que no tenían otra reserva. El apartamento es muy cómodo y tranquilo, con todas las comodidades (café, colacao, infusiones, juegos, pinturas y cuadernos para colorear los niños…) con el parking en la misma puerta y la limpieza exquisita. Está en el mismo centro de Santillana y nuestras mascotas (2 perros) fueron bienvenidas. La estancia fue perfecta!!
- Un trato del propietario excelente y apartamento muy acogedor.
Perfecto apartamento para visitar el lugar. Excelente trato por parte de la dueña. Te explica los lugares a visitar y te da buenas recomendaciones.
Está muy centrico pero a la vez se puede disfrutar de la tranquilidad del lugar. Bonitas vistas a la montaña
- Carolina was waiting for us on arrival and it was a great help parking the car so close.The property had everthing you could wish for and was very clean.Our dog was made welcome and we appd the ground floor which also had a small terrace.
Legado de Santillana
Set in a renovated 17th-century building, Legado de Santillana offers 2 studios next to Santillana del Mar’s main square. Set in the old town, one has a terrace and the other has views of the main street.Each rustic studio is heated and a flat-screen TV. The private bathroom comes with a hairdryer and shower. There is a well-equipped kitchenette with a dishwasher and washing machine, as well as a fridge, microwave and coffee maker.You will find shops, bars and restaurants within a short walk. There is public parking 500 feet away. The beaches of the Cantabrian coastline are 15 minutes’ drive away and Santander Ferry Terminal is 18.6 miles away.
Very clean and stylish room. Nice and clean bathroom.
The fact that there was a parking neraby, in generally closed for vehicles area.
- Pleasant owner took great care of us. The apartment had one bedroom and bathroom on ground floor, parking just literally around the corner. Nicely decorated clean rooms right in the heart of town though very peaceful at the same time.
- The location of this property is perfect, practically right in the middle of town. Our host was brilliant, despite neither of us speaking each other’s language – Google translate is a wonderful thing. The town is closed to cars except residents and people staying overnight. Follow directions as if you were staying at the Parador. The apartment is just as you turn the corner onto the Main Street. You can park there and unload and the car park is at the rear of the apartment – just go down the left hand side of the Parador parking and turn left into the alley. You could park there to unload. When it comes to leaving you can literally drop your luggage over the balcony (to waiting arms) as the apartment is upstairs. The Pilgrims bar on the corner over from the Parador is open early and does a great coffee.
- Our first floor apartment was in a great location in the beautiful Santillana del Mar. The owner was very helpful despite our limited Spanish and vice versa his limited English. The apartment was spacious, clean and well appointed with modern appliances. Highly recommended as a base for this lovely village and surrounding region.
- Perfect blending og ancient stone walls and old timber with modern conveniences. Very accommodating as we arrived early but were greeted immediately at front door. Perfect in every way!
- Very clean and stylish room. Nice and clean bathroom.
Apartamentos Altamira is only 0.6 miles from the Altamira Caves and Museum. Set in a rural house with gardens and a children’s playground, it offers independent apartments with free Wi-Fi.Each bright apartment features a country-style décor, with wooden furniture and parquet floors. All apartments come with a TV lounge with sofa bed, a well-equipped kitchenette and a private bathroom. Some have a terrace with garden views.Bed linen and towels are included at the Altamira apartments. There is also free private parking.Located 10 minutes’ walk from the centre of Santillana del Mar.
- Pleasant quiet location and the apartment was comfortable and spotlessly clean. Helpful hosts
- As others have noted the place can be a little tricky to find, but keep the picture of the outside handy as that will help you locate it. This is a owner occupied building and that almost always equates to things being well run and that was certainly the case here. Checkin was easy and the owner showed us around. The kitchen facilities were well equipped, complete with toaster and juicer as well as plenty of pots and pans and plenty of dishes. The unit was very clean. We did avail ourselves of the washing machine and did get a couple of loads done while we were there.
- Very clean and comfortable. Great yard with play equipment for children. We weren’t sure how we would collect keys as we’d reserved everything online and were without phone service, but the host cheerfully walked out to the parking lot to greet us as we pulled in. Outside of main town center and there were cows and chickens in the yard next door. Charming and rural.
- Lovely clean apartment in a wonderfully refurbished house. Everything you needed was provided and the owners were very friendly and helpful despite the language difference! Also, a plus for them and Booking.com, as we tried to let the owners know we were going away for a couple days but didn’t manage to, and both parties tried to contact us as they were concerned. Brilliant service!!
- El propietario muy amable y atento. No tuve ningún problema por un cambio de fecha por motivos de mal tiempo. Como atención le doy un 10. Gracias por estas vacaciones.
Apartamentos El Canton de Otero
One of our best sellers in Santillana del Mar! Set in the centre of Santillana del Mar, Apartamentos El Canton de Otero offers free Wi-Fi and a garden with tables, chairs and sun loungers. There is public parking 350 feet away.Each rustic apartment features wooden beams and has a balcony overlooking the garden. There is a living room with a sofa bed and flat-screen TV. The private bathroom comes with a shower. The kitchen includes a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. There is a communal washing machine.You will find shops, bars and restaurants nearby. Altamira Caves are 0.9 miles away and Santander is 15.5 miles from the apartments. You can drive to San Vicente de la Barquera in 20 minutes.
Family run business that went out of their way to make us feel at home.
The location is ideal, right in the centre of the centre of medieval Santillana Del Mar.
- The host Mr. Otero very kindly picked me up from a nearby town due to difficult bus issues and provided 24-h heating for the whole time as the weather was chilly and the apartment was cold. A very small studio but functionally designed with good bathroom and very clean. Enormous ancient beams in the ceiling. Washing machine and ironing facilities downstairs. Toilet paper and washing liquid provided as well as some spices. Otherwise bring or buy what you need (a small grocery store next door but no quality food). Perfect location in the old centre. Very well maintained and safe property. As an extra bonus, there are a few works of the famous Santillana sculptor Jesús Otero (1908-94) in the yard. If I understood correctly, this was his studio and home until his death. The Otero museum is nearby. The tourist office, also very close, is very helpful.
La limpieza de 10.
La cocina tenía todo lo necesario.
La ubicacio es perfecta y lo dueños muy amables y simpaticos.
El apartamento esta de lujo pero solo incluye la cocina, la habitacion y el baño…. lavadora es comunitaria.
- Lo bien cuidado del apartamento y la ubicación del mismo
- Family run business that went out of their way to make us feel at home.
One of our top picks in Santillana del Mar.In a quaint village in the Cantabria region of northern Spain, these apartments enjoy an ideal location in an attractive rural setting, near stunning beaches.Take a walk around the pretty town of Santillana del Mar and explore its narrow streets, squares and beautiful architecture. You can also day trip to the beautiful coastal town of San Vicente de la Barquera that is situated to the north west of the apartment complex, and has stunning, sandy beaches. The city of Santander lies to the north and is well worth visiting, with its excellent seafood restaurants and long, beachfront promenade.The apartment complex will provide you with a private and independent setting in which you can relax. Wi-Fi internet access is available in the complex.This seasonal hotel is open from April to October.
- The staff at the front desk were excellent. The apartment (studio) was very comfortable and the kitchen fully equipped. There was adequate parking in front so I didn’t have to pay to park my motorcycle. While the apartments are not within the old part of the city, they are an easy 7 minute walk.
- Old property with character spotlessly clean & comfortable
- The building is very nice and the location is fairly convenient.
- The staff were very welcoming and amazingly helpful, even booking our forward on bus tickets for us!
- The hosts were wonderful. The location is very good and the apartments are very clean
Top Apartments In Santillana Del Mar Cantabria Conclusion:
The above is a top selection of the best apartments to stay in Santillana del Mar Cantabria to help you with your search. We know it’s not that easy to find the best apartment because there are just so many places to stay in Santillana del Mar Cantabria but we hope that the above-mentioned tips have helped you make a good decision.
We also hope that you enjoyed our top ten list of the best apartments in Santillana del Mar Cantabria. And we wish you all the best with your future stay!